Zweilous Discussion

Zweilous! (Or Ringo Star...)​

Base Stats 72 HP / 85 Atk / 70 Def / 65 SpA / 70 SpD / 58 Spe

Ability: Hustle: Hustle increases the user's Attack stat by 50%, but lowers the Accuracy of the user's Physical moves by 20%. Special and Status moves are unaffected by Hustle.

Moves by Level Up: (Notable Moves in Bold)
Start: Double Hit
Start: Dragon Rage
Start: Focus Energy
Start: Bite
Level 4: Focus Energy
Level 9: Bite
Level 12: Headbutt
Level 17: DragonBreath
Level 20: Roar
Level 25: Crunch
Level 28: Slam
Level 32: Dragon Pulse
Level 38: Work Up
Level 42: Dragon Rush
Level 48: Body Slam
Level 55: Scary Face
Level 64: Hyper Voice
Level 71: OUTRAGE

By TM/HM: (Notable Moves in Bold)
TM05: Roar
TM06: Toxic
TM10: Hidden Power
TM11: Sunny Day
TM12: Taunt
TM17: Protect
TM18: Rain Dance
TM21: Frustration
TM27: Return
TM32: Double Team
TM41: Torment
TM42: Facade
TM44: Rest
TM45: Attract
TM46: Thief
TM48: Round
TM59: Incinerate
TM73: Thunder Wave
TM77: Psych Up
TM82: Dragon Tail
TM83: Work Up
TM87: Swagger
TM90: Substitute
TM94: Rock Smash
HM04: Strength

By Breeding: (Notable Moves in Bold)
Assurance
Astonish
Dark Pulse
Double Hit
Earth Power
Fire Fang
Head Smash
Ice Fang
Thunder Fang

Courtesy of Hustle, Zweilous has power greater than high-tier powerhouses such as Rayquaza and Haxourus and the best bit is, Zweilous lurks in the shadows of NU!

NU Usage: | 84 | Zweilous | 395 | 2.182%
Sets:​

Zweilous (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Hustle
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Crunch
- Fire Fang
- Substitute / Thunder Wave​

Outrage and Crunch provide exceptional STAB moves, hitting most things for neutral bar Steel-Types such as Klinklang and Magneton. Fire Fang enables the 2-headed Dragon to touch the pre-mentioned Steel-types. The Speed EV's allow Zweilous to outspeed Weezing by one point, allowing Zweilous to avoid status, and Weezing cannot break his subs with his conventional moves (Fire Blast and Thunder Bolt) also, Zweilous can afford a miss under the effects of Substitute. Thunder-Wave is an option to slow down faster Pokemon such as Rotom-S.

Zweilous (M) @ Choice Scarf / Choice Band
Trait: Hustle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature / Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Crunch
- Fire Fang
- Return​

This set trades bulk for speed and power, with a Choice Scarf equiped, Zweilous reaches the equivalent speed tier of base 111's but sadly is still outsped by the likes of Swellow and Scolipede. Whilst with a Choice Band, Zweilous' attack stat sky-rockets into the 600's. Move-set is essentially the same from the last set, however Return is mostly filler.

I'd consider dragon tail on the defensive set, it's slightly inaccurate with Hustle but it does a decent chunk of damage, Zwelious also has access to Roar if you're concerned about the accuracy.

It might be worth noting that while Zwelious can't learn hone claws, passing a Scarfed Zwelious a couple of boosts is a perfect way to set up a sweep.

Zweilous also works well in trick room, pairing it with durudigon gives you 2 dragons and a VERY hard hitting core only steels are safe and the few that are here can be dealt with by Earthquake on durudigon, after the steels are gone, spam a lam banded outrages and watch as everything dies. Magneton can remove steels, but with trick room up soft sand trapinch can work as well, only thing is that it cant trap mons with air balloons. :S

I think that Zweilous performs at its best when BP'd a bunch a Hone Claws boosts, negating the accuracy loss and making its attack even more frightening.

Honestly, i find it really hard to actually place Zweilous on a team. Strongest Outrage in the game? So what? Absol has the strongest priority move in the game, but its still in NU (yes, its high in the tier, but still).

With tons of physical sweepers like Klinklang, Sawk, etc., I just can't see it being successful outside of TR, which it can't set up itself. Even in TR, its not like anything will "outspeed" it.

Yea, its great on BP, but then we come to this: The only Pokémon that don't benefit from BP are Contrary mons (Spinda being the only one released).

Man You just can't do enough work...

Mons by tier:
OU-

none yet

UU-
none yet

RU-
none yet

NU-
Finished:

WIP:

LC-
none yet

Ubers-
none yet

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
Zweilous can force switches easily, so a Sub + 3 attacks set seems like a good idea to fix its Speed.

Also, Dragon Tail. I've had a blast using a Band Haxorus with Dragon Tail, and Zweilous can use it too. It may not work consistently, as the opponent will begin to predict it, but phazing out Zweilous's switch-ins/checks is a great way to wear them down, especially with entry hazard support.

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
Zweilous is actually a really good mon, not least because it has that cool and unique set of resistances that let it take on things like Thunderbolt Mesprit. Hustle's accuracy gets really wearing after a while though.

Trick Room is actually pretty effective in NU, with a lot of set uppers and abusers like Zweilous. Zweilous is pretty cool, but that damn 80% accuracy pisses me off so much...

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
How much does one hone claw boost raise its accuracy by? And is Ice Fang a possibility over Return?

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
No. I can't think of a single Pokemon that Ice Fang hits harder than Outrage, or even Crunch.

The only thing Ice Fang would hit harder then Outrage or Crunch would be on Torterra, The most common grasses, Roselia and Exeggutor are physically frail or weak to Crunch respectively.

Eviolite Zweilous vs. Exeggutor

Crunch:
252 Atk Zweilous Crunch vs 4 HP/0 Def Exeggutor: 112.05% - 131.93%
100% chance to OHKO

Outrage:
252 Atk Zweilous Outrage vs 4 HP/0 Def Exeggutor: 83.43% - 98.49%
2 hits to KO

Oh GDI wtf how did I forget FUCK

fuck this

-_____-

in other news, paralysis support is good too, and more reliable than TR

Thats assuming every pokemon Haxorus faces is the same gender, and Haxorus' has 2 other abilitys to choose from. However, Zweilous' power is permanent and not situational.

EDIT: 100th post ;D

Zweilous is actually one strong Poke. I've always found Hustle to be extremely trolly though. If this thing had some Hone Claw BP support, it can be really freaking monstrous

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Zweilous sucks. 80% accuracy is not good. Period. Maybe if youre the luckiest player on the planet you can use this guy, but you only have a 64% chance of hitting twice in a row. That's pretty pathetic on something with this mon's weaknesses, defenses and Speed. I tried a Scarf set and it was GREAT when it hit, but cost me matches more often than not. I'd rather use Druddigon personally.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)