Your favorite pokemon game?

Yo, how's everybody doing.
So, I was thinkin and I wanted to ask people... What's your favorite game, based on plot/playthrough. Not competitively, just which game was the most fun. Also, feel free to post your least favorites. And you can post your favorite game based on soundtrack, too.

My favorite is pokemon XD. I know that's a little stupid, seeing as it wasn't a "main game", but the plot and playthrough were stupendous. Cipher has reformed, and they have one goal in mind; take over the world using an army of unpurifiable shadow pokemon that have been turned into war machines- and leading this army, Grand Master Greevil, his sons eldes and Ardos, and the ultimate shadow pokemon, lugia.

Now, again from 3rd gen.......it's.........pokemon ruby, sapphire, and emerald. I'll use ruby in my example of how this game sucked. Magma admin Maxie wants to expand the land and cover the sea up, hell knows why. Then he's enough of a crackhead to use the BLUE ORB ON A FREAKING RED POKEMON and enrage the legend of land, Groudon.

Well, thats me. What are your thoughts?

B/W actually has my favorite music and story

Yellow was like my first video game ever, and now I can't even really touch it

none of the games are bad from my experience, but i've never played gen 4

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
well maxie was just trying to get rid of all those tentacools,

you gotta give him credit for trying.

Lol, I still think Maxie is an idiot. When I first played ruby, i was like..."wait, why is he using a blue orb on a red pokemon?......."
The game itself wasn't bad, just hated plot.

If Archie would've succeeded, maybe all the caves would be flooded.
No Zubats=good day for me.

Not to mention how fucked their planet would be with no oceans. (Vice-versa, too)

I happened to like pokemon blue. I thought it really added to the existing metagame pretty nicely, as well as providing a sold and re-playable story line for non-competitive players.

Pokemon Black was a good installment as well, but it's story was confuzzling to the younger generation. I myself did not get the point, and I am 17...

Stratos

Banned deucer.
i didn't like black and white for the insane linearity. Excluding Desert Resort, I literally never returned to a city I'd already visited. Not once.

I happened to like pokemon blue. I thought it really added to the existing metagame pretty nicely...
Wait, what?

It's kinda hard to answer that question. Overall, Pokemon Crystal was the best, since there were plenty of incentives to keep playing after beating the game the first time (Kanto, Mt. Silver, weekly events, etc.) Not to mention it had a bomb soundtrack and awesome sprite art/environments that makes me reminiscent of older times. My favorite, however, would have to be Pokemon Blue, because it is such a nostalgia rush for me, especially the music for it.

Cooky

Banned deucer.

pokemon snap for THAT moment

it just emerged from a waterfall i mean to a 8 year old or something that was so badass

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)