Your favorite pokemon game?

you have to push the truck in the water and then sink the boat with it like the titanic and then mew will come and you can catch him

dude you have to get two HM04s, then when your Pokemon knows Strength twice it gets strong enough to push the truck

just in case you forgot what the boxart looked like. however the lack of wild mareep is a letdown.
Everything about this. I seriously feel emotional just seeing the box art, total nostalgia. It was the first video game I actually owned (I played my brother's copy of Yellow Version, which I would call my second-favourite... the storyline and scenarios and world of RBY are incredible). Seeing this box art makes me remember opening my GameBoy Colour, it makes me remember reading the manual, it makes me remember how excited I was when I beat Whitney, it makes me remember... just... everything. I prefer Johto to Kanto (don't kill me), though I think RBY was more interesting (and the games in a way have become more sci-fantasy and somehow more sanitised since RBY in a way that is kind of cool but less interesting to me than the way you could immerse yourself in Kanto and Johto). But I loved the introduction of night/day, being able to play as a girl, the new Pokémon (and the excitement that the second generation of Pokémon brought), the animated sprites, the Rocket/Radio Tower storyline, eggs... just... asdfsdf it was exciting to me on a level that RBY couldn't have achieved (but caused, because RBY came first and made the idea of a sequel so exciting) and since I was slightly older I was more able to appreciate the scope and adventure in it all.

I adored RSE too, loved playing FRLG, enjoyed DPPt, and I did manage a few playthroughs of BW (hopefully Grey or whatever will bring to BW what Platinum brought to DP and Emerald brought to RS), but nothing comes close to GSC except Yellow Version for me. It's not even just nostalgia, though I concede a lot of it is -- I'll never be able to quite feel that childish sense of wonder and thrilled adventurousness ever again. They're just plain better. Maybe not in the advancements the games have brought to the mechanics of battling, the bright and fresh 3D graphics, etc., whatever. But the Pokémon in these games are the best designs, and honestly I felt like a good lot of the fun is lost when you don't like the Pokémon you're catching and training. Their storylines were innovative, and both gens were more grounded in reality, so they captured my imagination more. You could really feel like Pokémon lived in your world. I got that with the anime too. RSE/DPPt/BW rivals can't ever match the coolness of Blue... he was a rival you really, really wanted to best. Or ??? (ok, Silver, but I always wrote ???), who was a foe in the true sense of the word. I really wanted to beat him, I wanted to show him he was wrong. He was interesting and had character development. With most of the rival-like characters since then, I usually feel a sense of irritation at being confronted / stalked, instead of that thrill and trepidation with Blue and Silver.

You get my point, right?

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
Agreeing that Crystal is awesome. Mine got stolen though :(

I still have Silver which is my personal favourite (it was my first pokemon game). I even went to the trouble of having the internal battery replaced so I could play through it again. I probably only have 2 more years left in it though lol!

Pokemon Snap. I've played it exactly twice, and the first time I was four, so I don't remember squat. The second time was awesome though.

By the way, if someone from Nintendo is reading this, NEW POKEMON SNAP GAME FOR WII!

Not much love for coliseum, not sure why.

It was a good game, only had one problem-
They gave you a choice of baleef, croconaw, or quilava, rather than chikorita, cyndaquil, or totodile. I assume this was because your espeon and umbreon were already 29, but what is the reasoning for that?

Pokemon XD, great game and great plot. As for the rumors of mew when i was growing up, if you never talked to the captain after beating gary, the boat would never leave, so you can do the truck thing and catch mew. Never happened -_-

Colosseum, because it showed me how pokemon could be badass. I kept restarting the game so I could watch the intro cut scene over and over again.

Pokemon Gold. Hands down. Most fun region to travel. 16 badges. Day and night clock. Amazing music. Shiny gyarados. (which I killed on accident) My favorite sprites of any of the games.

Red/Blue came out when I was 5 so I never played them (until I was around 10) and played Gold instead. I have so many great memories with the game and I basically spent my childhood on it. It was a sad day when I went to play it and the internal cartridge battery had finally died and I lost everything. I still occasionally pop it into my gameboy color and play until the batteries die (knowing all the progress will be lost)

Gold was the only version that I could play non-stop and never get bored. It just felt like the ultimate sandbox to a 7 year old. I would make up missions to do in game and go to any length to complete them. Gold version is why I love Pokemon so much.

Both Pokemon Mystery Dungeon storylines were very, very good. I really liked TCG for the gameboy color too. Man the music was so catchy...

Both those games need a third game in the series, and in English...

ps fuck nintendo for not making the wii mystery dungeons in america

Never played Crystal, but Silver being the first pokemon game I owned was the greatest. I hope a new generation eventually springs up that can match GSC awesomeness.

Never played Crystal, but Silver being the first pokemon game I owned was the greatest. I hope a new generation eventually springs up that can match GSC awesomeness.
Well, I have heard unconfirmed rumors that there will be no 6th or beyond generations. This is apparently due to the most ridiculus reason I have ever heard-

There will be a pokedex number 666.

Yes. I think it's stupid, but if this is true, I understand Nintendo's reasoning.

If there is a 666 in the pokedex, nintendo will be criticized. They have been penalized for many other issues such as stereotypes, and this could be a problem.

Well, I have heard unconfirmed rumors that there will be no 6th or beyond generations. This is apparently due to the most ridiculus reason I have ever heard-

There will be a pokedex number 666.

Yes. I think it's stupid, but if this is true, I understand Nintendo's reasoning.

If there is a 666 in the pokedex, nintendo will be criticized. They have been penalized for many other issues such as stereotypes, and this could be a problem.
This is dumber than the Mew Trick rumor. If anyone thinks Nintendo will give up millions of dollars over a number, they are sadly mistaken.

Carl

or Varl
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
If they make another generation, they should have some fun with the number 666 and make it a devil based pokemon.

Crystal for nostalgia (I vividly remember my mother taking me to Toys R Us to get it) and Platinum for endless enjoyment. In Crystal I took the time to train 6 level 100 dragonites. I must have been like 8 or 9, how did I do that?

I also really like XD and Colosseum because it made pokemon intense and Mirror B had the best team. Kinda hoping for one like this to come out but make it more hardcore somehow. Like super intense attack animations and a better way to catch wild pokemon.

Pokémon Crystal and Pokémon Snap.
Crystal due to how fun I found it when I was a kid- the Pokémon moved (slightly) and you could choose your gender (though this didn't matter a while later as the game glitches my gender and switched me to the opposite gender anyway). It was also the first Pokémon game I properly completed, and the first one where I managed to obtain an Umbreon, my favourite Pokémon.
Pokémon Snap was just pure fun, even if it can be completed in a day, it's still nice to go back and play every now and again.

If they make another generation, they should have some fun with the number 666 and make it a devil based pokemon.
They would face extreme criticism. Catholic organizations, you name it, would be on Nintendo's ass. Devil/evil stereotypes would launch immediately.

Carl

or Varl
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Obligatory "who cares" to what religious or extremely conservative groups think. It's a video game. And besides that, Digimon had Beelzemon and the world survived.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)