Resource VGC 16: Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does Crobat do that makes it so good?
It is first and foremost a great check to Xerneas, with the amazing ability Inner Focus which prevents it from getting flinched by Fake Out and then it can proceed to Taunt Xerneas. It also has access to other great support moves such as Tailwind, Quick Guard which is very relevant with the usage of Prankster Pokemon such as Whimsicott and Liepard, and Super Fang, coupled with an amazing speed tier.

Demantoid

APMS Founder
is a Top Tiering Contributor
What does Crobat do that makes it so good?
Along with the other support options, Super Fang is very good when paired with primals, often letting them get two kos in the same turn.

The Lum set is also one of the best answers to a lead with a combination of Xerneas, Kangaskhan, and Smeargle.

Hey I am Raji from Israel, new at the forums. Can you tell how can I enter the official VGC Worlds, from a place without official tournaments like Israel?

Hey I am Raji from Israel, new at the forums. Can you tell how can I enter the official VGC Worlds, from a place without official tournaments like Israel?
Well, without the ability to participate in tournaments and earn Championship Points, you sadly do not have any way of qualifying for Worlds.

Serapis

Losing my way to Victory
RajiBaba, you can see the CP rankings here and if BSD stands for Battle Spot Doubles like I think it does than you have a bit of a misunderstanding. Two, actually. One, you don't get CP from Battle Spot and two there is currently no official VGC ladder ingame because Battle Spot Doubles is still VGC '15.

So If the ladder starts is it possible to go up and try qualify for worlds? If so when it starts?
If not, what is the solutionfor me ?

So If the ladder starts is it possible to go up and try qualify for worlds? If so when it starts?
If not, what is the solutionfor me ?
Sorry dude, you can't participate unless you manage to get to regionals in another country. I've been in the same boat in India for a while. The Asia regionals are all in the Malaysia/Singapore area. If you can get to a nationals there or in Europe and do well in some International Challenged (online tournaments which give CP), then you might be able to squeeze in through the Asia qualifiers, but its pretty tough/expensive if you don't live near actual events.

So tough... How can I know about the next online tournaments that gives CP?k
....And really?! If I go up high in the ladder of Doubles Battle Spot on the the 3DS, When the VGC16 rules starts, I dont get any CP?
Shukria :)

Demantoid

APMS Founder
is a Top Tiering Contributor
So tough... How can I know about the next online tournaments that gives CP?k
....And really?! If I go up high in the ladder of Doubles Battle Spot on the the 3DS, When the VGC16 rules starts, I dont get any CP?
Shukria :)
They usually announce online competitions a few weeks before.

Is precipe blades supposed to be nerfed in doubles being a spread move or not? A groudon used it on mine and it fainted, but according to the calculator it should have been a 2HKO

Last edited:
Is precipe blades supposed to be nerfed in doubles being a spread move or not? A groudon used it on mine and it fainted, but according to the calculator it should have been a 2HKO
Yes Precipice blades does less because it is a spread move. They could've been running a weird set.

Do you have a replay? Also, are you sure that no Helping Hand was used, and that there were two Pokmon on the opposing field instead of one (which would remove the spread damage reduction)?

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Will it ever be implemented to play VGC 2016 battles online on cart? Or is it always gonna be by challenge?

Will it ever be implemented to play VGC 2016 battles online on cart? Or is it always gonna be by challenge?
we don't really know, although it probably won't replace the regular Battle SPot Doubles ladder, we are hoping that it will be the special format sometime. Until we know anything else challenge is the only option

Would it be worth it to run HP Ground on P-Ogre to catch Groudon switch-ins or not?
252+ SpA Primal Kyogre Hidden Power Ground vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Primal Groudon: 106-126 (60.5 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Primal Kyogre Helping Hand Hidden Power Ground vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Primal Groudon: 158-186 (90.2 - 106.2%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Primal Kyogre Helping Hand Hidden Power Ground vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Primal Groudon: 156-184 (75.3 - 88.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Timid to actually outrun offensive Groudon which is the only one you remotely kill:

252 SpA Primal Kyogre Hidden Power Ground vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Primal Groudon: 96-114 (46.3 - 55%) -- 61.3% chance to 2HKO

Unless you have Super Fang, no. Even then, you require Modest and near max Sp. Atk.

Would it be worth it to run HP Ground on P-Ogre to catch Groudon switch-ins or not?
Yeah...basically it isn't worth running a specific HP to not even ohko the one thing it was meant for without super-fang support and max SpA. Hell it doesn't consistently 2hko what it is supposed to hit.

Lesson of the day, don't go with hp ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)