UU Analysis Discussion Thread

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
The problem with this is you auto lose Speed ties to other Scarf Hydreigon and the 20 EVs are not gonna make but a minimal difference (I don't think it changes any 2HKOs / OHKOs iirc) so in all honesty it is best to just go max/max.

The problem with this is you auto lose Speed ties to other Scarf Hydreigon and the 20 EVs are not gonna make but a minimal difference (I don't think it changes any 2HKOs / OHKOs iirc) so in all honesty it is best to just go max/max.
Ah, exactly, forgot about the opposing Hydreigon. Thanks for the heads up!

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Just thought I'd say this.

Why don't we rename sets on the analyses for Milotic, Trevenant, Flygon and Scrafty "Don't Use [Name]" in order to discourage people from using bad 'mons.

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm unsure of how to SCMS, so just wanted to mention that Alakazam was mentioned at the Checks and Counters section of the Whimsicott analysis, and it should be removed.

Kreme

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Something a buddy of mine pointed out to me that should be fixed is a sentence on the Meloetta analysis where on the En Pointe set it states in set details "before Mega Evolving and ... after Mega Evolving", Meloetta doesn't Mega Evolve so this should be fixed (no idea how GP didn't get to that though).

Edit: It seems GP did get to that, except they made the change to "Mega Evolve" from "transform" lol

Kreme

On the Blastoise analysis, at the end of Other Options there's a sentence that states how a defensive normal Blastoise set can be used, but since this got its own section int he analysis as a main set, I believe it should be removed.

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
On the Blastoise analysis, at the end of Other Options there's a sentence that states how a defensive normal Blastoise set can be used, but since this got its own section int he analysis as a main set, I believe it should be removed.
did this because theres no reason not to LOL

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Fixed this and removed mentions of Raikou and Celebi.
Edit: deleted the UU Metagross analysis, dunno why nobody did earlier haha

Last edited:

Ununhexium

is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
aggron analysis said:
Due to its lack of recovery, Mega Aggron partners well with Vaporeon, Blissey, Alomomola, Florges, and Aromatisse, as they can all heal it with Wish.
should we change this? i mean 3 out of those 5 are just begging heracross to come in and set up or spam CB close combats

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Florges and Aromatisse are fine imo, the others could be mentioned separately as needing extra team support for Heracross. Aggron / Fairy cores are generally so basic that they probably deserve their own mention.

Ununhexium

Florges and Aromatisse are fine imo, the others could be mentioned separately as needing extra team support for Heracross. Aggron / Fairy cores are generally so basic that they probably deserve their own mention.
alright i did this

Kreme

Since Trevenant was recently moved to RU and removed from the viability rankings, I believe its UU analysis should be deleted.

Ununhexium

double posting to say that on the UU Zzelf analysis it mentions offensive SR in OO, but doesnt mention Thunderbolt. i think Thunderbolt should deserve a mention there because YABO used it on his famous hyper offense team and it hits a lot of common defoggers / spinners

I would like to propose the addition of Bolt Beam Blissey to the additional options or possibly as an individual set. In addition to being functionally similar to Porygon2, Bolt Beam Blissey is also capable of passively remove status by switching, having passive recovery from leftovers, and allowing for greater team support as a status absorber or healer makes Blissey a more than viable option over Porygon2. It's surprising physical defensive bulk on top of it's nearly indomitable special bulk make it extremely appealing.

Semi-Offensive Blissey
########
name: Semi-Offensive Blissey
move 1: Ice Beam
move 2: Thunderbolt
move 3: Aromatherapy/Thunderwave
move 4: Soft-boiled
ability: Natural Cure/Serene Grace
item: Leftovers
evs: 104 HP / 252 Def / 152 SpAtk
nature: Bold

The 152 SpAtk EVs affords Blissey a 100% OHKO chance to -SpDef Salamence and a decent chance to OHKO a neutral nature. The remaining EVs are used to maximize Blisseys physical Bulk.

Last edited:
So, for the few people left currently writing analyses at the moment, Mega Pidgeot has been banned. Please make the changes needed to reflect this, thanks!

Cloud Strife i dont think it deserves a set of its own, since SToss is usually better than BoltBeam coverage most of the time, but i think its good enough for oo. it'll be added into oo from cms when I have time ;o

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So, for the few people left currently writing analyses at the moment, Mega Pidgeot has been banned. Please make the changes needed to reflect this, thanks!

Cloud Strife i dont think it deserves a set of its own, since SToss is usually better than BoltBeam coverage most of the time, but i think its good enough for oo. it'll be added into oo from cms when I have time ;o
Also, those with access to scms analyses editing should feel free to go through older sets and edit out Mega Pidgeot, and update any relevant viability information as it pertains to Mega Pidgeot (for example, editing a checks and counters section that says flying types - perhaps said c&c section is now less of an issue for a particular Pokemon now that Mega Pidgeot is gone).

IronBullet93, Bouffalant, if this post steps on either of your toes, delete it.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)