Project USM RU Teambuilding Competition V2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats to Hurtadoo for winning the W2 with 4/9 votes. Thx for your submissions and the week 3 is here!

WEEK 3: YANMEGA
yanmega.gif

I like a lot this mon, and Tinted Lens+Specs hit so hard so I've chosen Yanmega for week 3. Go!
(DL: Wednesday 20th June)​

Last edited:
yanmega.png
milobellus.png
scorplane.png
archeodong.png
pandabarbare.png
Malamandre.png
http://pokepast.es/b93e06a3231e41d3

Sorry i'm french i will use a traductor :(

Hello again, This week I am going to share my team on Yanmega. First of all Tinted Lens Specs Yanmega made by this Pokemon an excellent stallbreaker in RU. Thus, i'm going for a balanced team with a Steel/Water/Fight resist core which is very strong in RU and an offensive presence that deals with Yanmega checks. First of all i made a list of the main Yanmega checks, including Snorlax, Moltres, Florges, Porygon 2 and Registeel mainly. Choice Band Pangoro is here to erase Bronzong, Registeel, Porygon2 and Snorlax. Then, i needed a fast setup sweeper. Even though is first thought of Zygarde 10 % and Dragon Dance Flygon, they can't break through Florges defenses. Nasty Plot Salazzle with Poisonium Z doesn't have that problem and on top of destroying Florges, it can OHKO Milotic after a Nasty Plot. I then needed someone to check Moltres, Salazzle(before a nasty plot), Entei, Blastoise mega etc.... I of course went for Milotic with toxic in order to toxic Pokemons having trouble killing it.
The next step to achieve or core is a Steel type, plus, stealth rocks were yet to be set up. Bronzong answers the call and is really good in combination with Milotic as he check and handfull of threats such as Tyrantrum or the omnipresent Gardevoir in the RU. Lastly I need a Fight resist and a way to remove entry hazards. Gligar being, the best defogger in the tier, he was bound to complete the core. Gligar's spread is meant to outspeed adamant Pangoro and adamant Bewear. Acrobatics is here to hit Virizion and Chesnaugh . I hope you'll like my team.I really enjoyed building it because i find Yanmega to be a rather cool Pokemon in RU even though Ninetales is my favorite by far < 3

Last edited:

http://pokepast.es/590fa03a364fd504

After a good amount of experimentation, I came up with this team composition. It's unfortunately rather similar to Hurtadoo's, but has enough differences to be worth sharing.

I immediately went for Gligar as consistent hazard removal for Yanmega in the wake of constant frustration from not getting what I wanted out of Mega Blastoise. I like having Toxic to keep Water-types and setup attackers from getting cheeky, but Knock Off and U-turn definitely could work too. Similarly, its EVs probably can be adjusted to be more specially defensive what with Mega Steelix's presence, but I'm lazy and it's not a big deal. Mega Steelix and Milotic then came naturally as Stealth Rock setter and Water switch-in, forming an effective if pretty generic backbone with Gligar. I find Choice Scarf Salazzle to be extremely cool for its ability to outspeed absolutely everything relevant, including monsters such as +2 Barbaracle. People also assume it's Nasty Plot until it outspeeds and KOes something fast but frail. Choice Band Tyrantrum was chosen so I could have another Fire switch-in and to threaten everything that switches into Yanmega. Practically nothing defensive can stand up to these two wallbreakers combined. The general game plan is to wear things down with the backbone, decimate the opposition with the wallbreakers, and clean up with Salazzle.

Vote for your favourite team!!!!

CryoGyro
yanmega.png
Gligar2.png
steelixm.png
Milotic2.png
salazzle.png
tyrantrum.png

Yanmega @ Choice Specs
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash
- U-turn
- Giga Drain

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Defog
- Toxic
- Roost

Steelix-Mega @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Atk / 220 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Curse

Milotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Haze
- Refresh
- Recover

Salazzle @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Corrosion
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Dragon Pulse

Tyrantrum @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Superpower

I immediately went for Gligar as consistent hazard removal for Yanmega in the wake of constant frustration from not getting what I wanted out of Mega Blastoise. I like having Toxic to keep Water-types and setup attackers from getting cheeky, but Knock Off and U-turn definitely could work too. Similarly, its EVs probably can be adjusted to be more specially defensive what with Mega Steelix's presence, but I'm lazy and it's not a big deal. Mega Steelix and Milotic then came naturally as Stealth Rock setter and Water switch-in, forming an effective if pretty generic backbone with Gligar. I find Choice Scarf Salazzle to be extremely cool for its ability to outspeed absolutely everything relevant, including monsters such as +2 Barbaracle. People also assume it's Nasty Plot until it outspeeds and KOes something fast but frail. Choice Band Tyrantrum was chosen so I could have another Fire switch-in and to threaten everything that switches into Yanmega. Practically nothing defensive can stand up to these two wallbreakers combined. The general game plan is to wear things down with the backbone, decimate the opposition with the wallbreakers, and clean up with Salazzle.

Hurtadoo
yanmega.png
Gligar2.png
Milotic2.png
Bronzong2.png
pangoro.png
salazzle.png

T14 RUSSIA (Yanmega) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain
- U-turn

Flag of URSS (Gligar) @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Earthquake
- Acrobatics

URSS TANK (Milotic) @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze
- Toxic

Berlin wall (Bronzong) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Protect
- Toxic

Soldier of URSS (Pangoro) @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Hammer Arm
- Gunk Shot
- Bullet Punch

Poison of URSS (Salazzle) @ Poisonium Z
Ability: Corrosion
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Hello again, This week I am going to share my team on Yanmega. First of all Tinted Lens Specs Yanmega made by this Pokemon an excellent stallbreaker in RU. Thus, i'm going for a balanced team with a Steel/Water/Fight resist core which is very strong in RU and an offensive presence that deals with Yanmega checks. First of all i made a list of the main Yanmega checks, including Snorlax, Moltres, Florges, Porygon 2 and Registeel mainly. Choice Band Pangoro is here to erase Bronzong, Registeel, Porygon2 and Snorlax. Then, i needed a fast setup sweeper. Even though is first thought of Zygarde 10 % and Dragon Dance Flygon, they can't break through Florges defenses. Nasty Plot Salazzle with Poisonium Z doesn't have that problem and on top of destroying Florges, it can OHKO Milotic after a Nasty Plot. I then needed someone to check Moltres, Salazzle(before a nasty plot), Entei, Blastoise mega etc.... I of course went for Milotic with toxic in order to toxic Pokemons having trouble killing it.
The next step to achieve or core is a Steel type, plus, stealth rocks were yet to be set up. Bronzong answers the call and is really good in combination with Milotic as he check and handfull of threats such as Tyrantrum or the omnipresent Gardevoir in the RU. Lastly I need a Fight resist and a way to remove entry hazards. Gligar being, the best defogger in the tier, he was bound to complete the core. Gligar's spread is meant to outspeed adamant Pangoro and adamant Bewear. Acrobatics is here to hit Virizion and Chesnaugh . I hope you'll like my team.I really enjoyed building it because i find Yanmega to be a rather cool Pokemon in RU even though Ninetales is my favorite by far < 3

They're both similar but let's go.
(DL: Friday 22th June)

Attachments

Pangoro is a really cool mon that always claims a kill or three, but I'm afraid CB BP is simply not sufficient speed control. Gonna have to go with the team with a scarfer - CryoGyro's

Katy

Banned deucer.
1691.jpg

https://pokepast.es/d704f49221915f10

Dragalge Bulky Offense:

I built a team around Choice Specs Dragalge with the moves Draco Meteor, Sludge Wave, Hidden Power [Fire] and Focus Blast.
The Teammates are Choice Scarf Gardevoir, which can take on faster Dragons like Noivern, Trick to lock annoying Pokemon such as Registeel and Cresselia into one Attack and making them less useful.
Last slot here is Healing Wish to give one of the Pokemon a second go on the field.
Chesnaught is there for Spike stacking and allow Dragalge to weaken it's foes. Synthesis and Drain Punch with it's Leftovers for longevity.
Mega Blastoise here is the bulky Water Type in this Team, I gave it Scald cause you can burn possible switchins and Rapid Spin as the Hazard Removal.
Dark Pulse is to take on Pokemon such as Cresselia and Bronzong, to hit them super effectively.
Escavalier takes on opposing Gardevoir with its strong STAB iron Head, which is also able to Pursuit Trap it. Drill Run as Coverage Option and Megahorn as another strong STAB.
Rhyperior sets up Rocks and is a check to Entei, Moltres, Tyrantrum and Diancie and Ice Punch is to catch Gligar via switchin.

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 88 HP / 4 Def / 212 SpA / 204 Spe
Modest Nature
- Work Up
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump

Dragalge @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Adaptability
Modest Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Wave
- Draco Meteor

Shaymin @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 40 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Seed Flare

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Atk / 76 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Sacred Sword

Gligar @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Roost

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Trick
- Healing Wish

Decided to use the classic SM set, offensive tspikes dragalge with dragonium Z for some wallbreaking potential and to threaten most tspikes absorbers. Paired it with work up mega blastoise since that + tspikes really pressure common switch-ins like milo and stuff like p2 (Snorlax is covered by Doublade). The rest of the team is pretty standard. Sub Seed Shaymin to have something else to take advantage of the tspikes pressure. Doublade to check 300 things, Gligar to check other 300 things and to provide stealth rock and Scarf Garde to revenge kill stuff and to provide healing wish support you can play the team more aggresively. I guess not running water move ala King Wynaut is doable on the Blastoise but Im not about that life.

Cheers!

Vote for the best Dragalge team!!!

Katy
dragalge.png
Gardevoir.png
Chesnaught2.png
Mega Blastoise2.png
Escavalier2.png
Rhyperior.png

GraseySey (Dragalge) (F) @ Choice Specs
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 204 HP / 252 SpA / 52 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast

Princess (Gardevoir) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Trick
- Healing Wish

Avalon (Chesnaught) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Wood Hammer
- Synthesis
- Drain Punch

Rain Over Me (Blastoise) (M) @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Rain Dish
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse

Knight (Escavalier) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Atk / 204 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Drill Run
- Pursuit

Groundbreaker (Rhyperior) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Ice Punch

I built a team around Choice Specs Dragalge with the moves Draco Meteor, Sludge Wave, Hidden Power [Fire] and Focus Blast.
The Teammates are Choice Scarf Gardevoir, which can take on faster Dragons like Noivern, Trick to lock annoying Pokemon such as Registeel and Cresselia into one Attack and making them less useful.
Last slot here is Healing Wish to give one of the Pokemon a second go on the field.
Chesnaught is there for Spike stacking and allow Dragalge to weaken it's foes. Synthesis and Drain Punch with it's Leftovers for longevity.
Mega Blastoise here is the bulky Water Type in this Team, I gave it Scald cause you can burn possible switchins and Rapid Spin as the Hazard Removal.
Dark Pulse is to take on Pokemon such as Cresselia and Bronzong, to hit them super effectively.
Escavalier takes on opposing Gardevoir with its strong STAB iron Head, which is also able to Pursuit Trap it. Drill Run as Coverage Option and Megahorn as another strong STAB.
Rhyperior sets up Rocks and is a check to Entei, Moltres, Tyrantrum and Diancie and Ice Punch is to catch Gligar via switchin.

MrAldo
Mega Blastoise2.png
dragalge.png
Shaymin.png
doublade.png
Gligar2.png
Gardevoir.png

EVs: 88 HP / 4 Def / 212 SpA / 204 Spe
Modest Nature
- Work Up
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump

Dragalge @ Dragonium Z
Modest Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Wave
- Draco Meteor

Shaymin @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 40 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Seed Flare

Doublade @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Sacred Sword

Gligar @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Roost

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Trick
- Healing Wish

Decided to use the classic SM set, offensive tspikes dragalge with dragonium Z for some wallbreaking potential and to threaten most tspikes absorbers. Paired it with work up mega blastoise since that + tspikes really pressure common switch-ins like milo and stuff like p2 (Snorlax is covered by Doublade). The rest of the team is pretty standard. Sub Seed Shaymin to have something else to take advantage of the tspikes pressure. Doublade to check 300 things, Gligar to check other 300 things and to provide stealth rock and Scarf Garde to revenge kill stuff and to provide healing wish support you can play the team more aggresively. I guess not running water move ala King Wynaut is doable on the Blastoise but Im not about that life.

DL Friday 29th June

Import

Decided to start with a standard Honchkrow set with Flyinium Z which is a powerful mon breaking teams with a good STAB+Priority+Superpower. I paired Honch with MBlastoise + Rhyperior as my Fire Checks in the team and to provide some hazard control. I saw I were some Milotic weak so I decided to add Spikes Roserade to help Honchkrow to break teams and threaten some fast mons. Doublade can check a lot of mons and provides the team some Fairy and Psychic check, and another potencial sweep with SD+Priority. Finally I saw the team could be weak to some mons like Moltres with an HP Grass/Solar Beam variant or MAmpharos so I decided to use Porygon2 to check'em. SD can be used in Rhyperior too as an option instead of Toxic.

Katy

Banned deucer.
Honchkrow & Hazard Stack.
PGL-430.png
https://pokepast.es/f2fe0fdf497f6dce

Description:
I built a Team around Honchkrow with Hazard Stack Support.
I chose Honchkrow as my first mon, with an Adamant Nature and a Life Orb to hit as hard as possible.
Roserade is scarfed to give the team speed control. It has Spikes to stack them up and pressure opposing teams, Sludge Bomb for Fairy Types like Florges,
Leaf Storm for Water Types such as Milotic and Quagsire and Hidden Power [GROUND], which gets boosted by Technician, for Registeel and Doublade.
Rhyperior as a switchin for Entei and Tyrantrum. It has Stealth Rocks and also Ice Punch as Coverage.
Blastoise-Mega as a Ice and Water Resist on this Team with Rapid Spin as Removal, Scald as stab and to get possible Burns, Ice Beam and Aura Sphere are the Coverage options I choose because I feel like it fits this particular team.
Florges as a second Hazard Remover with defog and the Cleric Option in Heal Bell with Sythesis and Leftovers for longevity. It also is a defensive check to Chesnaught and Bewear.
Moltres as a hard hitting Fire with Z-Hurricane and Fire Blast. U-Turn for Momentum and Roost for recovery.

Voting Phase!!

Galla'eci
Mega Blastoise2.png
Rhyperior.png
Roserade.png
doublade.png
Porygon2.png

Honchkrow @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower
- Roost

EVs: 176 HP / 216 SpA / 116 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 168 SpD / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Roserade @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Spikes

Doublade @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Claw
- Sacred Sword

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Calm Nature
- Foul Play
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Toxic

Decided to start with a standard Honchkrow set with Flyinium Z which is a powerful mon breaking teams with a good STAB+Priority+Superpower. I paired Honch with MBlastoise + Rhyperior as my Fire Checks in the team and to provide some hazard control. I saw I were some Milotic weak so I decided to add Spikes Roserade to help Honchkrow to break teams and threaten some fast mons. Doublade can check a lot of mons and provides the team some Fairy and Psychic check, and another potencial sweep with SD+Priority. Finally I saw the team could be weak to some mons like Moltres with an HP Grass/Solar Beam variant or MAmpharos so I decided to use Porygon2 to check'em. SD can be used in Rhyperior too as an option instead of Toxic.

Katy
Honchkrow.png
Roserade.png
Rhyperior.png
Mega Blastoise2.png
florges.png
moltres.png

Honchkrow @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Roserade (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Technician
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Sludge Bomb
- Spikes

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Ice Punch

Modest Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Aura Sphere

Florges-Yellow @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Moonblast
- Synthesis
- Heal Bell

Moltres @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Fire Blast
- Roost
- U-turn

I built a Team around Honchkrow with Hazard Stack Support.
I chose Honchkrow as my first mon, with an Adamant Nature and a Life Orb to hit as hard as possible.
Roserade is scarfed to give the team speed control. It has Spikes to stack them up and pressure opposing teams, Sludge Bomb for Fairy Types like Florges,
Leaf Storm for Water Types such as Milotic and Quagsire and Hidden Power [GROUND], which gets boosted by Technician, for Registeel and Doublade.
Rhyperior as a switchin for Entei and Tyrantrum. It has Stealth Rocks and also Ice Punch as Coverage.
Blastoise-Mega as a Ice and Water Resist on this Team with Rapid Spin as Removal, Scald as stab and to get possible Burns, Ice Beam and Aura Sphere are the Coverage options I choose because I feel like it fits this particular team.
Florges as a second Hazard Remover with defog and the Cleric Option in Heal Bell with Sythesis and Leftovers for longevity. It also is a defensive check to Chesnaught and Bewear.
Moltres as a hard hitting Fire with Z-Hurricane and Fire Blast. U-Turn for Momentum and Roost for recovery.

DL Wednesday 11th July
Then I will post w6, i'll give one week tu submit and in w7 all will be like before, 5 days for submissions and 2 for voting.

Attachments

Reactions: KW
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)