Project USM RU Teambuilding Competition V2

Status
Not open for further replies.
THREAD RU FINAL.jpg

artwork by me
approved by MrAldo

Hello everybody and welcome to the USM RU Teambuilding Competition (V2)! I will continue this thread started by King Wynaut . Every week, I will choose a mon, and you, the builders, will have 5 days to build and submit a team around it (from Saturday to Wednesday) Then, you'll have to vote the team you've liked the most (voting stage will take place on Thursday and Friday). The winner teams will be posted in the hall of fame, a message at the beginning of the thread. It's as easy as that.

RULES:
-Submited teams must have the week nominated mon.
-Max one team per week.
-Make sure your team is in the RU Metagame.
-Respect all builds, you mustn't rude or disparaging about anyone else's build.
-You must provide an import of your team and a description. The description should be of at least of a paragraph and detail your reasoning for your Pokemon choice, notable moveset choices, and general team composition. Sprites are strongly encouraged but not required.

https://pokepast.es/1db6c3291615e5f7
Barbaracle @ Rockium Z
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Liquidation
- Stone Edge
- Protect

Chesnaught @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Synthesis
- Drain Punch

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Psywave
- Toxic

Mismagius @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Memento

Heliolisk @ Expert Belt
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Flying]

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse
- Scald

I figured since I was no longer running the thread I'd be the first to make a post bop. So I started with protect Barbarcle, because of the importance of keeping Golisopod users on edge, and tried to build a team that could support it. I added a Chesnaught because its cool at dealing with Tyrantrum and a bunch of fighting types and could also add spikes to help Barbarcle get chip damage. Then I added Bronzong as a rocker and fairy resist, also good for dealing with the Grass-types Chesnaught can't handle. Then I needed a mon to spinblock and help Barbarcle sweep so I added Colbur NP Mismag with memento, which makes setup oppurtunites for Barbarcle a lot easier to come by and can also punch some holes in a lot of teams. Team was looking a bit Milotic weak and was wanting for speed so I added a Heliolisk, with Ebelt since I couldn't afford running Waterium. Finally I added Blastoise as a sort of Entei check and also to make sure the team didn't autolose if t-spike went up. The team lacks a Choice Scarf user, but is well enough equipped to deal with most things in the short term imo, tho Salazzle is definitely a pain. Anyway the idea is to run through them with a Barbarcle sweep before they out maneuver you. oofinators.

http://pokepast.es/3353ac7ad9cf7dd8

Barbaracle @ Rockium Z
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Stone Edge
- Liquidation
- Aerial Ace

Escavalier @ Choice Band
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 148 HP / 252 Atk / 108 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Knock Off

Swellow @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Air Slash

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
IVs: 29 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Roost
- U-turn

Milotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Toxic

Toxicroak @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Cross Chop
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

So, I started with Shell Smash Z Rock Barbaracle with Aerial Ace, who can OHKO a ton of mons in this metagame including scarf mons as Toxicroak, who is very used lately, Shaymin, Flygon... I realized that defensive mons such as Cresselia or Bronzong can wall me even at +2, so I thought a Pursuiter like CB Escavalier can be a good partner to him, he can check other grass and fairy mons and hurt them, and he can spam Knock Off to weak mons like Milotic, Gligar or Registeel. Then i thought i'll need some special pressure, and a ground inmunity with some momentum that can make Barbaracle capable to set up and win should be ok, so I added Specs Swellow. I needed rocks so I added Gligar who provides me electric inmmunity and more momentum. The team was looking a bit Entei weak, so Milotic enter as a check. Finally I thought my team was a bit slow, and weak to grass so i added Scarf Toxicroak to check Virizion, other Milotic, Feraligatr, etc

Last edited:
Barbaracle_XY.gif
Bronzong_XY (1).gif
Nidoqueen_XY.gif
Umbreon_XY.gif
Snorlax_XY.gif
Milotic_XY.gif

https://pokepast.es/67a096b0b343d25c

Hi!:psyglad:here is my Barbaracle Team for this RU Building Competition (I'm not a very good RU player), First I put a Barbaracle with Shell Smash and Z Rock, it has Z Rock for very defensive mons as Milotic or Umbreon, ir also has Liquidation for stab and Aerial Ace for things like Shaymin or Virizion, ir also has TSpikes and Rocks (Nidoqueen and Bronzong) for help Barbaracle sweep and secure OHKO in some mons Like Shaymin, we can Wishsupport all the team with our SpDef Umbreon principally Nidoqueen, Snorlax and Nidoqueen, that don't have direct recovery, CB Snorlax is a funny set that can help us to break opponent's Physicall walls, and Pursuit things like Cresselia and block a possible Salazzle Sweep, and last I decided to put a Water and Fire resist, Milotic, Milotic help us with mons like Entei or Feraligatr.
I Hope u liked the team ^^ :psyglad::psyduck:

View attachment 120201View attachment 120202View attachment 120203View attachment 120204View attachment 120205View attachment 120206

https://pokepast.es/67a096b0b343d25c

Hi!:psyglad:here is my Barbaracle Team for this RU Building Competition (I'm not a very good RU player), First I put a Barbaracle with Shell Smash and Z Rock, it has Z Rock for very defensive mons as Milotic or Umbreon, ir also has Liquidation for stab and Aerial Ace for things like Shaymin or Virizion, ir also has TSpikes and Rocks (Nidoqueen and Bronzong) for help Barbaracle sweep and secure OHKO in some mons Like Shaymin, we can Wishsupport all the team with our SpDef Umbreon principally Nidoqueen, Snorlax and Nidoqueen, that don't have direct recovery, CB Snorlax is a funny set that can help us to break opponent's Physicall walls, and Pursuit things like Cresselia and block a possible Salazzle Sweep, and last I decided to put a Water and Fire resist, Milotic, Milotic help us with mons like Entei or Feraligatr.
I Hope u liked the team ^^ :psyglad::psyduck:
Bro you have Stealth Rocks in both Nidoqueen and Bronzong

Well I'm so busy tomorrow and the DL is today so Voting Phase starts now.

King Wynaut

Barbaaracle2.png
Chesnaught2.png
Bronzong2.png
Mismagius2.png
Heliolisk2.png
Mega Blastoise2.png

Barbaracle @ Rockium Z
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Liquidation
- Stone Edge
- Protect

Chesnaught @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Synthesis
- Drain Punch

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Psywave
- Toxic

Mismagius @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Memento

Heliolisk @ Expert Belt
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Flying]

Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse
- Scald

I figured since I was no longer running the thread I'd be the first to make a post bop. So I started with protect Barbarcle, because of the importance of keeping Golisopod users on edge, and tried to build a team that could support it. I added a Chesnaught because its cool at dealing with Tyrantrum and a bunch of fighting types and could also add spikes to help Barbarcle get chip damage. Then I added Bronzong as a rocker and fairy resist, also good for dealing with the Grass-types Chesnaught can't handle. Then I needed a mon to spinblock and help Barbarcle sweep so I added Colbur NP Mismag with memento, which makes setup oppurtunites for Barbarcle a lot easier to come by and can also punch some holes in a lot of teams. Team was looking a bit Milotic weak and was wanting for speed so I added a Heliolisk, with Ebelt since I couldn't afford running Waterium. Finally I added Blastoise as a sort of Entei check and also to make sure the team didn't autolose if t-spike went up. The team lacks a Choice Scarf user, but is well enough equipped to deal with most things in the short term imo, tho Salazzle is definitely a pain. Anyway the idea is to run through them with a Barbarcle sweep before they out maneuver you. oofinators.

Galla'eci

Barbaaracle2.png
Escavalier2.png
Swellow2.png
Gligar2.png
Milotic2.png
Toxicroak2.png

Barbaracle @ Rockium Z
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Stone Edge
- Liquidation
- Aerial Ace

Escavalier @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Knock Off

Swellow @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Air Slash

Gligar @ Eviolite
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Roost
- U-turn

Milotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Toxic

Toxicroak @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Cross Chop
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

So, I started with Shell Smash Z Rock Barbaracle with Aerial Ace, who can OHKO a ton of mons in this metagame including scarf mons as Toxicroak, who is very used lately, Shaymin, Flygon... I realized that defensive mons such as Cresselia or Bronzong can wall me even at +2, so I thought a Pursuiter like CB Escavalier can be a good partner to him, he can check other grass and fairy mons and hurt them, and he can spam Knock Off to weak mons like Milotic, Gligar or Registeel. Then i thought i'll need some special pressure, and a ground inmunity with some momentum that can make Barbaracle capable to set up and win should be ok, so I added Specs Swellow. I needed rocks so I added Gligar who provides me electric inmmunity and more momentum. The team was looking a bit Entei weak, so Milotic enter as a check. Finally I thought my team was a bit slow, and weak to grass so i added Scarf Toxicroak to check Virizion, other Milotic, Feraligatr, etc

Night Yagami

Barbaaracle2.png
Bronzong2.png
Nidoqueen2.png
Umbreon2.png
Snorlax2.png
Milotic2.png

CENTOLLO (Barbaracle) (M) @ Rockium Z
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Liquidation
- Aerial Ace
- Shell Smash

Hell Bell (Bronzong) @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Psywave
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Nidoqueen @ Black Sludge
Ability: Poison Point
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Toxic Spikes
- Stealth Rock

Nighty (Umbreon) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Foul Play
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Protect

Snorlax (M) @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 208 SpD / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Fire Punch

Alice (Milotic) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze
- Refresh

First I put a Barbaracle with Shell Smash and Z Rock, it has Z Rock for very defensive mons as Milotic or Umbreon, ir also has Liquidation for stab and Aerial Ace for things like Shaymin or Virizion, ir also has TSpikes and Rocks (Nidoqueen and Bronzong) for help Barbaracle sweep and secure OHKO in some mons Like Shaymin, we can Wishsupport all the team with our SpDef Umbreon principally Nidoqueen, Snorlax and Nidoqueen, that don't have direct recovery, CB Snorlax is a funny set that can help us to break opponent's Physicall walls, and Pursuit things like Cresselia and block a possible Salazzle Sweep, and last I decided to put a Water and Fire resist, Milotic, Milotic help us with mons like Entei or Feraligatr.

Vote for your favorite team!!! I will post the winner on friday. GL
:psyglad::mad:

Last edited:
Congrats to King Wynaut for winning w1 with 4/8 votes!!!! :psyglad:

WEEK 2: NINETALES
038.gif~c200.gif

Ninetales is a pretty good wallbreaker in the RU metagame thx to its ability Drought. It has diferent sets and I personally like it a lot. What can you do with this fire beast?
(DL: Wednesday 13th June)​

Last edited:
http://pokepast.es/13621e37139aca66
Then it is one of my first ones posts on smogon (thus I do not know how to make the small team tab) and I am French thus I go used a translator. Then I based the team around Ninetales a pokémon very good for the BROOK which allows surprises. It is the rather fast pokémon which has little of check (Moltres and Goodra) and he has way to make big hole in the opposite team. Then Ninetales possesses hypnosis because it has a very good speed and he can boosted with machination and thus to hurt very. Rotom-mow is classic it brings of the volturn and can defog. Rhyperior is for check entei and Salazzle with the ratam Berry he can so used blast rock for sub moltres. Porygon 2 is for check zygarde10 % and gligar with track which prevents him from taking toxic. Gardevoir is classic and the healing wish is strong in this team because he allows to look after a pokémon of the team and the drapion is for stallbreak, trap and to counter cresselia

Last edited:

Katy

Banned deucer.
250px-038Ninetales.png

https://pokepast.es/545db7cd1b8d98b8

Offensive Team built around Specs Ninetales:
I built a team around Choice Specs Ninetales here, because Overheat in Sun barely has any switchins in the current RU metagame.
And with timid 100 speed it is fast enough to outpace a huge portion of the RU Tier.
I decided to give Gligar the Stealth Rocks to chip away opposing teams and to force them to Defog. This Gligar is full physically defensive for Tyrantrum, Entei and Zygarde 10%.
Then I added my own Defogger, which in this case, is my Choice Scarf Flygon. It also has same utility option as Gligar to support the Momentum easier in the games.
I covered up Salazzle with Cresselia and Milotic, which are able to take on Salazzle.
A Z-Move-User was added here with Grassium Z Shaymin to break through Mega Blastoise and opposing Milotics better. Earth Power and Hidden Power [Fire] are the other coverage moves.

http://pokepast.es/439f41797d909b02

Ninetales @ Firium Z
Ability: Drought
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psyshock
- Solar Beam
- Fire Blast

Gligar @ Eviolite
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Roost
- U-turn

Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 176 HP / 216 SpA / 116 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Escavalier @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Knock Off

Virizion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Trick
- Healing Wish

So I obviously started the team with Ninetales, with a NP Z set that can break a lot of mons in this metagame. I paired Ninetales with both Gligar, with access to Stealth Rock and Ground Inmunity and MBlastoise, who can provide hazard control to the team as well as burns and another chip damages. Then I added Escavalier as a Psychic and Fairy check, he can knock off some threats and trap other mons so is very helpful for the team. Later, I saw Milotic, Slowking or some bulky mons as Porygon2 could be a pimple in the ass, so I added Lum SD Virizion to break this kind of mons. Finally, the team needed a Scarf, so I added Gardevoir, who can win in Late Game or help one of the previous mons revive and win the game, as well as break some walls or pasive mons with the trick.

Voting Phase!!!! Vote your favourite team!

Hurtadoo
Ninetales.png
Rotom-Mow.png
Porygon2.png
Rhyperior.png
Gardevoir.png
Drapion.png

Ninetales @ Firium Z
Timid Nature
- Hypnosis
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Nasty Plot

Rotom-Mow @ Iapapa Berry
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
EVs: 232 HP / 124 Def / 152 SpD
Calm Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Recover
- Foul Play

Rhyperior @ Rindo Berry
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Ice Punch

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Healing Wish
- Trick

Drapion @ Choice Band
Ability: Sniper
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Then I based the team around Ninetales a pokémon very good for the BROOK which allows surprises. It is the rather fast pokémon which has little of check (Moltres and Goodra) and he has way to make big hole in the opposite team. Then Ninetales possesses hypnosis because it has a very good speed and he can boosted with machination and thus to hurt very. Rotom-mow is classic it brings of the volturn and can defog. Rhyperior is for check entei and Salazzle with the ratam Berry he can so used blast rock for sub moltres. Porygon 2 is for check zygarde10 % and gligar with track which prevents him from taking toxic. Gardevoir is classic and the healing wish is strong in this team because he allows to look after a pokémon of the team and the drapion is for stallbreak, trap and to counter cresselia

Katy
Ninetales.png
Gligar2.png
Cresselia.png
Milotic2.png
Flygon.png
Shaymin.png

Beautysoul (Ninetales) (F) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Psyshock

SwagBat (Gligar) @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Full Moon River (Cresselia) @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Moonlight

Seasanke (Milotic) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 248 HP / 184 Def / 76 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Protect

Pilot (Flygon) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Defog

Hedgehog (Shaymin) @ Grassium Z
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

built a team around Choice Specs Ninetales here, because Overheat in Sun barely has any switchins in the current RU metagame.
And with timid 100 speed it is fast enough to outpace a huge portion of the RU Tier.
I decided to give Gligar the Stealth Rocks to chip away opposing teams and to force them to Defog. This Gligar is full physically defensive for Tyrantrum, Entei and Zygarde 10%.
Then I added my own Defogger, which in this case, is my Choice Scarf Flygon. It also has same utility option as Gligar to support the Momentum easier in the games.
I covered up Salazzle with Cresselia and Milotic, which are able to take on Salazzle.
A Z-Move-User was added here with Grassium Z Shaymin to break through Mega Blastoise and opposing Milotics better. Earth Power and Hidden Power [Fire] are the other coverage moves.

Galla'eci
Ninetales.png
Gligar2.png
Mega Blastoise2.png
Escavalier2.png
Virizion.png
Gardevoir.png

Ninetales @ Firium Z
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psyshock
- Solar Beam
- Fire Blast

Gligar @ Eviolite
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Roost
- U-turn

Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 176 HP / 216 SpA / 116 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Escavalier @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Knock Off

Virizion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Trick
- Healing Wish

So I obviously started the team with Ninetales, with a NP Z set that can break a lot of mons in this metagame. I paired Ninetales with both Gligar, with access to Stealth Rock and Ground Inmunity and MBlastoise, who can provide hazard control to the team as well as burns and another chip damages. Then I added Escavalier as a Psychic and Fairy check, he can knock off some threats and trap other mons so is very helpful for the team. Later, I saw Milotic, Slowking or some bulky mons as Porygon2 could be a pimple in the ass, so I added Lum SD Virizion to break this kind of mons. Finally, the team needed a Scarf, so I added Gardevoir, who can win in Late Game or help one of the previous mons revive and win the game, as well as break some walls or pasive mons with the trick.

DL: FRIDAY 15TH JUNE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)