The Tennis Thread

The Murray v. Roddick match was awesome, but the funny thing was is that Murray got more aces than Roddick. Roddick played really well today.
Irony to the max.

Really, we got to look at the fact our lad is only 22 years old. He's got everything ahead of him, and I think our chances are much higher than with Henman. Henman was unlucky to be a great player in an even better time for tennis. Murray doesnt have it *as* hard.

Keep the faith! Roddick to win wimbeldon 2009! Murray 2010!

You have to be happy for Roddick. Though, I hope this doesn't get sigged if I'm proven wrong. Roddick just can't beat Federer. It looks like childsplay for Federer every time they come up against one another. Still great for Roddick. Good to see a player stay so close to the top for so long.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
The ARod is my favourite player of all time, but Fed really has his measure :( will be good to watch regardless.

I'm rooting for Roddick, even though the odds are certainly stacked high against him; a what, 2-18 record overall against Federer is certainly not comforting. But it'd be nice to see him pull through, Federer can reclaim 1st place in the standings at the U.S. Open or something.

EspyJoel

Espy <3
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
At least Roddick's now starting to come back as it would have been annoying if he'd just completely collapsed for the next sets, I still think Federer will win the next two sets for the win but at least Roddick is putting up a fight.

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
with federer 2-1 up, i really can't see roddick coming back - my guess is that federer will win 3-1

EspyJoel

Espy <3
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
2-2 wasn't expecting Roddick to come back, I'm still sure Federer will be able to finish him off but its an amazing effort by Roddick.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
2-2 wasn't expecting Roddick to come back, I'm still sure Federer will be able to finish him off but its an amazing effort by Roddick.
Don't trivialize this and dismiss him, I'd say Roddick is more likely to win till Fed mixes up his returns and figures out how to break him. Great match regardless :)

Federer still seems complacent to me. 3:10 am here in Australia

You feel at the moment Federer is serving far too well to lose. A slip up from Roddick has been expected but just is not happening. Roddick keeps serving himself out of trouble. A great game no matter what the result

EDIT- Fuck yes

Greatest player ever, yes or no?

Discuss =p

Stallion

Tree Young
No. Can't comment till his career is over.

The sun fucked up Roddick in that last game big time, bs but whatever, it didn't help that Fed served like crazy.

1 Ace away from the Wimbledon record. Served so well. I feel the sun disadvantaged Federer aswell. A ball going at 230 k/ph then disappearing into the shadow can't be easy to handle. He never really triumphed over the Roddick serve, he pressured Roddick with his own serve but it was Roddick who lost himself the match with poor unforced errors under pressure in the crucial stages.

EspyJoel

Espy <3
Well that match took a long time, they both played amazingly but as for him being greatest of all time, you can't really say yet but he certainly is up there.

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
That was incredible; I joined in at about 10-9 federer, but the game I saw was just incredible. I definitely think that the sun served much more a disadvantage to Roddick than to Federer, don't even try to pull that lie. Roddick in the end it seemed just started losing his composure slightly, making more and more errors as the game progressed. I mean, I can't exactly blame him; I would be dead after playing that intense for 4+ hours straight.

It was relativly simple outcome in the last set. Even though it took a while, you could easily see Roddick slowly cracking, winning by smaller margins, while Federer was still winning straight games, it was only ever a matter of time, but it was a great game none-the-less.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I have never seen a more intense set in my entire life. Federer really played hard, and he earned this win, no matter what anyone says. A 30 game set is nothing to scoff at, especially when most matches aren't 30 games total.

Definitely an epic final, though Federer finally outlasted Roddick to win. And he now gets to reclaim his No. 1 spot...wonder for how long this time though, lol. And to think Nadal slaved for so long to get to No. 1, only to lose it due to injuries lol.

On the women's side, another fun Williams sisters final, and they turn around and both win doubles also. They must be pretty happy.

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I can't think of another player who has ever been better than Federer at the peak of his game.

I can't think of another player who has ever been better than Federer at the peak of his game.
2004-2006, I believe, were his best years. And you're right, though he did get his ass handed to him by Nadal on clay several times.

Other than that, he was best.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)