The Tennis Thread

Great day of tennis for me. Federer finally won the French and I made the quarterfinals for my state tennis tournament.

Congrats to Federer for finally winning the French. He deserves it. It would really be special if he gets #15 at Wimbledon.

Great day of tennis for me. Federer finally won the French and I made the quarterfinals for my state tennis tournament.
Wow that's awesome. Keep it up!

It was a good final and Federer definately deserved it. I think that he could've beaten Rafa anyway because he was playing on a very high level. He served more aces in three sets than he had in 5 set games in the past and his drop shots looked great. He moved well and there was just no competition. I am so glad he won. BTW the fan that harrased him (prolly a rafa fan because of the barcelona flag) scared the shit out of me. What id he had some sort of weapon. Its disturbing.

Does anyone know what the deal is about Nadal's knee, or whatever happened to him? I heard the announcer say something about it during the Federer - Soderling match.

Nadal is having some kind of knee problem (not tendonitis, which he has had for quite a bit) that is forcing him to withdraw from Queens, and might jeopardize his participation at Wimbledon.

If he misses Wimbledon, his number 1 ranking is going to be highly suspect.

Did you guys see that clown thing that jumped onto the court during the finals?
I remember the security guard totally kicked his ass.

He got wrecked lol.

Lost in the quarters today to the 1 seed, 6-2, 6-1. Too good for me, just couldn't handle those 100 mph serves.

Hmm, so Murray won Queen's. Any predictions for Wimbolden?
I think any of the top 4 have a shot at it. Although if Rafa stays injured, he won't win; obviously.

EspyJoel

Espy <3
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hmm, so Murray won Queen's. Any predictions for Wimbolden?
I think any of the top 4 have a shot at it. Although if Rafa stays injured, he won't win; obviously.
I think this year will be Federer's year, Nadal's not fit enough to compete properly and Djokovic has never really shown too much on grass. I do think Murray will win it eventually, but just not this year. I just feel Federer will be going for it so much due to him being able to break Sampras' record.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Murray will let his emotions get the best of him and he will choke in the quarterfinals. As for Federer, he's got a wide open board imo. If he doesn't take it this year it's a shame.

So Nadal is out. Then it's official; Federer will win Wimbledon. Of course that's not a guarantee, but that's what I think will happen. He may not get this chance again so I think he will capitalize on his opportunity.

EspyJoel

Espy <3
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So Nadal is out. Then it's official; Federer will win Wimbledon. Of course that's not a guarantee, but that's what I think will happen. He may not get this chance again so I think he will capitalize on his opportunity.
Well I don't see anyone else winning it as Murray and Djokovic will probably choke like usual.

Is that like an elaborate troll or do you not realize that there has been no match yet. (misread hewitt for murray somehow!) SORRY!

Looking forward to Murray/Roddick actually! It's going to be interesting how Murray does under pressure.

Haas is playing great tennis too, so I wouldn't be suprised if he drops it off to 5 sets.

Loki

like seashells
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 7 Championwon the 3rd Official Smogon Tournament
federer/haas should be great...dont really like roddick's chances against murray though, wouldnt be surprised if he wins in straight sets

Hmm. Federer has in the past been pushed very far by Haas. The 07' Australian open, the 09' French open. Haas has even had match points up against Federer. So I think we can expect a great match. Federer always pulls through though. Roddick is a very good player. A very capable player, I don't trust Murray to beat anyone or to lose to anyone. He can play brilliantly and very poor on any given days. So making a predict is too difficult. I would like to see Roddick win though.

Is that like an elaborate troll or do you not realize that there has been no match yet. (misread hewitt for murray somehow!) SORRY!
Lol =)

Federer wins in straight sets. At least they were competitive. Can't wait for Roddick-Murray.

EspyJoel

Espy <3
Murray lost then, wonder whether its going to be a Tim Henman all over again, I don't really care he lost though as I won a bet :)

The Murray v. Roddick match was awesome, but the funny thing was is that Murray got more aces than Roddick. Roddick played really well today.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)