The Smog needs your help!

GenghisTron- if I didn't have a submission here, I would definitely vote yours. You understand the concept of magazine titles and have produced one with great originality and personality.

Thanks, very kind words :)

Didn't get much of a reception when I posted it, so I didn't develop it any further, also lifes been pretty busy as well. :heart:

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
latino, I'm quite sure yours would be perfect if you capitalize the G, could you try that out?

Rocket Grunt

✁ - - - - - - - - - -
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Thanks, very kind words :)

Didn't get much of a reception when I posted it, so I didn't develop it any further, also lifes been pretty busy as well. :heart:

Also, Genghis Tron is an amazing band. They played a show at a church auditorium in my town a few years ago.

icepick

she brings the rain
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Lol I just noticed this today. It's probably too late to enter one but I threw something together anyways

icepicks and latinoheat's are by far the best LOGO's here, most don't look like logo's at all but larger art pieces. I personally prefer Icepicks.

Well when you say logo its more like a trademark or signature or emblem of sorts, not neccesarily a title.
A title is like what most people have made
a logo would be this:
It has the nae of the company but its not necessarily the title of a magazine

yeah even i dunno if i got my point across clearly..

... in order to give the magazine a "face" we are calling upon the many artists of Smogon to help us create a logo!
... I am sure that many people would love to see their artwork displayed all over every issue of the magazine. It doesn't have to be anything super-complicated; in fact, the only requirement as of now is that it bear the title of our magazine - The Smog - on it.
Judging from the OP, it should be clear that we're looking more for magazine (technically 'webzine' in this case) titles than logos despite the use of the word 'logo.' To back MetalGarX up, logos go on website banners, company polos, t-shirts, etc; magazine titles are the "faces" of magazines, and never the twain shall meet.

Tangerine

Where the Lights Are
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Judging from the OP, it should be clear that we're looking more for magazine (technically 'webzine' in this case) titles than logos despite the use of the word 'logo.' To back MetalGarX up, logos go on website banners, company polos, t-shirts, etc; magazine titles are the "faces" of magazines, and never the twain shall meet.
You are correct.

We will be making our choice soon... you guys made it really difficult with all of your brilliant submissions!

Ok... Sorry for the delay... But I was having quite a hard time installing the printer so that I could scan my concept.

If there's still time I would like to refurbish it...

icepick

she brings the rain
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Thanks for clearing things up. I could probably create something more appropriate tonight, hopefully that's not too late.

EDIT

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
We have begun the selection process in the Smog staff forum. I would like to thank everyone who submitted a design; all of these are absolutely amazing and it is likely that many will be used in the Smog at some point anyway (as long as no one minds). This just goes to show how absolutely amazing the artists here at Smogon are.

I'll report back once we have made a choice!

Looking through this thread, I'm happy to say that the creative spark on Smogon is burning brighter than ever. I haven't been around Smogon in awhile, but your guys' work has convinced me that I should be lurking around here more often. Hit me up if you want some additional opinions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)