CAP 2 Smogon's "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux: Poll 1

What should the base typing of our new Pokemon be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the pokemon will most likely be a dual type. And ghost is in a huge lead. Grass barely following behind. Which is why it seems to be the best assumption that it will be a grass-ghost. But, if I'm correct, the next poll will have 2-4 options about which should be its dual type. (Ghost + ???) And the ones on the poll will be runner ups from this one.

EDIT: @ Urza's post

Yeah, representing one of the two people who voted for Psychic, the most under appreciated and abused type in the game! Honestly, is there even one that isn't weak to Dark or Ground (barring Levitate Bronzong, of course).
Gallade and Medicham, though they don't really care about their Psychic half that much, and EQ will usually kill them both anyway.

do we even know if its going to be ghost yet? looks to me like it could actually face some competition if we bring up some of the runner ups...i dont like the idea of just going straight to ghost...
If Ghost doesn't have a significant lead, it could go to a second poll with only three or four options. In that case, Grass or Fire might overpower Ghost.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
I can't wait to see the art competition for that...
*had too much time on his hands, and made this, despite there not being an art phase, or even the type decided*

This is the first thing that came to mind as a Ghost/Steel type: some absurd Dusknoir / Registeel fusion.

CyzirVisheen

Am I poplar yet?
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Lol'd at Reginoir.
Anyways, my vote goes to Fire, though I really won't mind any of the other high choices. Grass needs some OU representation and Ghost needs a better physical pokemon. But Fire got shafted a fair bit this gen, because except for the flaming monkeys and Magmortar, we got no new Fire types. Maybe a physical tank with decent speed, perhaps?

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
Ok, after a long time thinking about it, I needed to give Grass the love in this poll.

Grass is one of the most underappreciated types, imo so I want to see a real competitive grass type that isn't Celebi because I hate Celebi.

Plus, next to Ice, Grass is my favorite type. :>

i'd just like to point out that steel actually won the first round last time. we didn't end up with a steel typed pogey.

i know this is slightly different, but i think that all the top types should be included in the next poll...then from there, we might be surprised...ghost might not be so dominant.

just a suggestion for maximum democracy, especially at early stages. it keeps more options open for longer...

Voted Ghost.I am guessing by this poll we either get Grass or Steel as the other type.I am looking at future i am going to guess that fighting or dark(hopeful both dark/fighting) will be strong part of the next one.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
People just haven't worked out how this is working. Read the OP people!
It's not working like that this time. If one type gets over 25% of the vote and no other type has over 25% then that type will be it's first type and we will have a poll for it's second type with the most overdone combinations removed.
And
This current poll is to decide the first type of the new Pokemon. The winner of this poll will go onto poll 2, which will consist of a pure type option and new secondary typings.
Just because Grass and Fire are coming second and third doesn't mean this has to be a Fire / Ghost or a Grass / Ghost.

Just because Grass and Fire are coming second and third doesn't mean this has to be a Fire / Ghost or a Grass / Ghost.
True but one can reason that Grass,Steel,fire will do strongly in the next poll but i guess another type can come out of no where a win like Ghost/water or something

Since people really want poison that much, why dont we have a poison/dark with levitate. Ermm... thats like Drapion with levitate.

weaknesses - 0
2x resist - 4 (grass, poison, dark, ghost)
4x resist - 0
immunities - 2 (pyschic, ground)

Not really good resistances but good immunities.

i really dislike the whole throwing levitate on every hypothetical poke with an eq weak ~__~

ghost steel should we choose to use it is an amazing typing. its already immune to ts too, so i dont see the point of nulling a weak when there are cooler traits out there, or we could make one up!

Um, it would be burning itself. Its ability would have to be something like:
Wildfire: Each turns this Pokemon loses 10% of the health due to being on fire and being a grass type.
am I the only one who thinks that this idea is interesting? Even though he was probably being sarcastic, we could make a badass base 580 or something but give him the ability where he takes 1/8 damage every turn.

It'd be like Slaking, massive basestats but an ability which stops him from being broken.

Every time someone votes for something other than poison, somewhere, a Tentacool dies.
And thus why I think Tentaghoul would rock hard abs everywhere.

Anyways I voted Ghost [And no not because of my Tentaghoul Obsession] But I think that Ghosts have a vast lack of array of typings, Some of which would be cool :D Ghost/Normal anyone? Resistant to Fighting, Normal and Ghost, weak only too Dark IIRC? How about Ghost/Psychic x4 Ghost, Dark weakness x2 Bug aswell I think?

Barely read the first couple of pages seeing how I come into this so late, So sue me :D

am I the only one who thinks that this idea is interesting? Even though he was probably being sarcastic, we could make a badass base 580 or something but give him the ability where he takes 1/8 damage every turn.

It'd be like Slaking, massive basestats but an ability which stops him from being broken.

That would require either grass or fire to come in first or a close second, which is not going to happen unless every Smogon user currently online votes for grass or fire.

I think if this gets to the point where we find a type combination and concept that just suits a current Pokemon too perfectly, we could always go back and vote again on the New Pokemon/Evolution round. I'm sure Game Freak has had a few occasions where a new Pokemon concept designed from scratch ends up becoming an evolution anyway.
If it's obviously an evolution or possible evolution AFTER we get through the art and movepool stages, I will consider it. It's just that an evolution from the beginning limits us. How many of you thought of an Octillery evo before now?

Everytime Sanjay keep pushing the idea of a freaking pistol shrimp for Fire/Water I keep thinking it's Kingler/Crawdant bastard child or a Water/Steel type? =/

Wait...is Hyra going to take the top three choices and make another thread with all the type combo from each of the top three or take the winner only?
I'm gonna do a ten percent floor on this. All options with 10% or less are dropped. We have the survivers poll it out in a shorter poll.

Reason for floor change: 100% / 10 = 10%, not 25%.

Besides that, I'm not an idiot. Levitate/HeatProof are not options for a Steel/Ghost like Magic Guard was not an option for Syclant. Although, with Ghost in the lead, we have the incredibly good options of Ghost/Normal, Ghost/Fight, and Ghost/Steel. It will be fun to see who wins. Also, I think instead of making Ghost/Steel a wall, we should make it similar to Metagross. Much less broken.

You could run it as an Opposite to Metagross.

Anyways you're saying there's a possibility of the new type being an evo for an old pokemon.... If it suits it well, aswell as only being decided after movepool e.t.c?

So Tentaghoul has a chance ¬.¬

I think evo should be decided at the art stage.

I know someone will submit an evo design if it's plausible with the typing and role and if that design wins we might as well do the evo.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
If I proposed a new pokemon with Metagross' stats, typing, and movepool -- everyone would scream that it is "broken".

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
If I proposed a new pokemon with Metagross' stats, typing, and movepool -- everyone would scream that it is "broken".
Yeah. How dare you suggest such a thing! Nintendo would never allow something like it to happen! Sarcasm aside, you're probably right.

I think evo should be decided at the art stage.

I know someone will submit an evo design if it's plausible with the typing and role and if that design wins we might as well do the evo.
I'm somewhat biased, but a fan of this idea.

So... would it act like Burn and reduce attack as well, unless the ability was Skill Swapped?

No not a burn. It would be like a never ending SS DMG. But the DMG is only to that Pokemon. I was being a little sarcastic, but I was also being serious. 'Cause the only ability other than that that would work out Flavour wise would be Flash Fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)