CAP 2 Smogon's "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux: Poll 1

What should the base typing of our new Pokemon be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said, if we are asking for too much nintendo will laugh at us and never look at any of our suggestions again. This needs to be more reasonable.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
levitate damn it =/

clear body is a shitty trait for something that will probably be defensive.
If we gave it Levitate we'd have to makes it's base stats 400 total and give it the movepool af a Caterpie. Is that really wanted?

If we gave it Levitate we'd have to makes it's base stats 400 total and give it the movepool af a Caterpie. Is that really wanted?
something like 100/90/90 defences wouldn't be that broken if it had levitate. It's not like it's gonna have giratina's defences or something crazy like that.

Sunday

I love how we always get waaaay ahead of ourselves on these polls, we're thinking up an ability for a Poke which we only have one type too right now XD

EDIT: Now we're onto BST, I reckon 100 / 80 / 70 , if it got levitate.

Like I said, if we are asking for too much nintendo will laugh at us and never look at any of our suggestions again. This needs to be more reasonable.
No shit dude, most likely or not Nintendo will just laugh at this idea and anything we throw at them unless they themselves made a freaking contest for a new pokemon and we won it. Jesus...these constant reminder like your post there can be really annoying as everyone and their grandmother are fully aware of this. There isn't a presonal grudge towards you or anything, just want to point out my opinion on your comment there.

BTW, I was the first one to mention Intimidate and Pressure =/

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
As much as I love the idea of Ghost/Steel, I question if we have the restraint necessary to keep this thing from being broken as hell. With that much defensive prowess, you have to really tone it down elsewhere. Personally, I'd minimize the offensive stats. Give it a good support movepool and a ton of speed. Offensive stats should be no higher than 80, maybe lower depending on how crazy we go with the defensive stats. HP should be restrained as well. No 100hp subs for this thing. That could work. And it could play a much-needed role in the wall-bereft current metagame.

Sunday

Well, presuming it does, we need to make sure this doesn't look too much link another Bronzong. I agree with giving it some speed at the expence of the Atk stats, it's the kind of malevolant thing Nintendo tends to do with Pokes like Luvdisk XD

I would personally much rather have Ghost/Fighting or Ghost/Grass over Ghost/Steel. Not everything is about resistances after all, and it leaves more freedom for stats, abilities, and moves without seeming too broken.

No shit dude, most likely or not Nintendo will just laugh at this idea and anything we throw at them unless they themselves made a freaking contest for a new pokemon and we won it. Jesus...these constant reminder like your post there can be really annoying as everyone and their grandmother are fully aware of this. There isn't a presonal grudge towards you or anything, just want to point out my opinion on your comment there.

BTW, I was the first one to mention Intimidate and Pressure =/
Considering there being so many posts about levitate, i decided it deserved a mention. Not to mention those who are just entering looking at the poll, to understand the seriousity of this. By seriousity I mean its not just " Lets pile up this and that. Wow, it would be so friggen pwnsome !!"

Pressure would be nice. 99 hp or lower, just like Lord_Sunday said. about 80-100 defenses and 70-80 power. Well that is pretty pointless since it might not even be a steel type. I guess we should stop worring about its stats until we know what its type is going to be.

I want Ghost / Fighting. Better offensive typing while still having godly defensive stats. Plus, I'm sick of having every "awesome" typing have a fire weakness. We have enough of that with Scizor, Forretress, Bronzong, and the like.

Sunday

Right now I'm leaning towards Fighting as it's the most likely to win without being Steel. Though I would like it to be really bulky, relying on Great STABS to pack a bit of a punch rather than a high Atk stat. IMO ~70 base attack, with good Hp / Def / Sdef making it tanky, but without the resistances that half of todays mteagame seems to rely on it would want quite high defences. Though it seems Subpunching is enevitable with this guy, as Blissey can't do jack all to it.

Prefer Ghost/Fighting over Ghost/Steel, but either of the two typing is great for me.

jujuomi~ I did noticed all the talk about it getting Leviate but I think was in referring to how broken it might be with it. I said said that Heatproof would be a better ability on a Ghost/Steel since I still want it to take earthquakes up in the ass for balancing reason.

Yeah, representing one of the two people who voted for Psychic, the most under appreciated and abused type in the game! Honestly, is there even one that isn't weak to Dark or Ground (barring Levitate Bronzong, of course).

But Ghosts need love too, and Ghost/Grass is an awesome combination.

lol @ bogmires post

But now that I recheck most of those posts some were leaning towards heat proof. I still think heat proof makes it bad. Since it practically losses its weakness to that. I would still perfer pressure. But then again the only fire attacks coming from most anywhere are dragons/azelf/togkiss/ and infernapes.

do we even know if its going to be ghost yet? looks to me like it could actually face some competition if we bring up some of the runner ups...i dont like the idea of just going straight to ghost...

Here is what is currently on my mind ...

Ghost / Fighting
95 HP / 82 ATK / 115 DEF / 78 SPATK / 90 SPDEF / 65 SPD
Adds up to 525 Total, I believe. I did the math in my head, so I could be wrong. A great ability could be Intimidate -- it goes right along with being a ghost, and could help it tank physical attacks even better.

With great stab attacks, it could afford the lower attack statistics. It could also afford to go physical or special, but not be overpowered and go with both. Additionally, it could not afford Close Combat because of lowering defenses and would be confined to Cross Chop or Force Palm. Shadow Punch is a relatively average attack, but it could gain access to Shadow Sneak. On top of that, it could go special with Shadow Ball and either Focus Blast or Aura Sphere. I think the *main* think I want, here, is it to be tank-like with a reliable recovery move! I guess Pain Split could do, but still, I want something besides Rest and Sleep Talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)