Smogon Premier League XI - Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
DPP OU: Heist vs. ToF (55-45)

I'm really looking forward to this one and hope both bring their A game. It's close both due to the two's skill level and their significant time away from the game, which leaves a lot up in the air (team choice, general playing). Other big factors include the effectiveness of the surprises Heist is known for, which tend to hit in a major way (hence the slight advantage), the aggression ToF has shown flashes of in recent years, which could see him execute his own strategy before he becomes susceptible to any tricks, and both players' current view of the metagame, which will shape their teams. Make it a good one guys
No meme team from my side will be brought. Appreciate the write up that was probably more insightful for the masses than the last 5 years of power rankings combined.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Circus Maximus Tigers (6) vs (6) Alpha Ruiners

SS OU: robjr (55) vs (45) Twixtry - Close one that could go either way. Twixtry has quietly done very well in recent months, but robjr has been pretty consistent in UU, the lower tier with the most respectable playerbase. I have not seen much from either in the new generation, but robjr has more overall experience and has shown more outplaying potential. If he is able to keep his clock high enough to think things through, then I trust rob to play a solid, aggressive game and win in a tight one.
SS OU: 1 True Lycan (35) vs (65) Empo - Empo has been pretty great for the last year or so, including in early SS. I think he is a pretty safe pick here against 1TL, who has been quiet as of late and never has reached Empo levels of achievement.
SS OU: Tace (45) vs (55) FLCL - Almost went with the upset here, but FLCL has looked pretty good in SS so far. Tace had a nice late 2019 in SM and could definitely take a few games off of top players this tour, but I am not sure where he is at in SS and FLCL has been solid recently and consistent over the years. Could be close for sure.
SS DOU: MajorBowman (60) vs (40) qsns - qsns went radio silent mid-Snake only to come back for the last week or so, which did not leave the best taste in my mouth. He is a good dude and a capable player, but I do not know how motivated or active he is. Bowman always puts in the work to get to where he needs to and while he did poorly in a few recent officials, I can put more confidence in him based off of historic performances at least.
SS LC: Osh (49) vs jake (51) - Hard to say as I have a sudden urge to hype Osh due to him being underrated heavily in the PRs, but jake was a bit better in SSD3 imo. Assuming jake keeps up his motivation and levels of preparation, I think he will have the edge as Osh is not quite as good with the builder and lacks much on-roster support. They are both pretty solid in battle; I may even give Osh a small edge there honestly, but I favor jake overall in the new generation with all things considered.
SM OU: Eternal Spirit (65) vs (35) Gondra - Gama, as annoying as he may be in the STours discord, is a great player. He is fearless and his teams are able to capitalize on his playstyle quite well. Gondra has been pretty lost in recent games, especially in the most recent edition of SSD3. Perhaps he will be back in a better form here, but I do not have high hopes and even prime Gondra is not quite as good as Eternal Spirit, so definitely favoring the Tigers retain here.
ORAS OU: Luigi (40) vs (60) xImRaptor - Raptor looked pretty good throughout this year. When he uses solid teams, I genuinely believe he can be the full package and put up consistent positive records in officials. He perhaps has been more quiet than established players or bigger names, but do not mistake him for your everyday newer tournament player as he is very capable. Luigi has never done too well in team tours and his ST victory is pretty much the only positive we got for him. While that was great and will be remembered, it does not leave me feeling overly confident in his ability to win this match.
BW OU: Zokuru (40) vs (60) Caetano93 - Seeing this as an SPL game really makes you think. Anyway, Caetano is actually solid as a player, even for this strong field. Both are disadvantaged from the builder, but Caetano's risks at least tend to have a decent chance of paying off despite being fairly cheesy. Zokuru's understanding of the tier is poor and forces inconsistency upon himself before the game even starts often enough. I cannot favor Caetano too heavily against anyone as he's too likely to use a random Victini or Cofagrigus, but he is the better player and his teams are less shaky.
DPP OU: Vay (60) vs (40) Hyogafodex - Vay looked solid recently and Hyoga is more of a utility old generation substitute than he is a strong starter in my eyes. I think he has a shot because DPP is a "variance madhouse" or w/e Shake said in his post on countless occasions, but Vay has stronger fundamentals and should be able to bring strong teams.
ADV OU: dekzeh (55) vs (45) Alexander. - dekzeh can still play and that goes a long way. He may bring some ratchet with Baton Pass Vaporeon, but Alexander.'s teams are nothing special and dekzeh has at least shown some signs of recent activity, so I'll give him the nod.
GSC OU: McMeghan (45) vs (55) FriendOfMrGolem120 - McMeghan is obviously solid at DPP and one of the best players out there, but I have to go with the upset. FOMG120 looked great during WCOP and going into last SPL was hyped up as a very strong GSC option before having to RBY due to Lavos being on his team. I really think this will be a breakout season for him in GSC and I think McMeghan is going to take a few weeks to get into top form in GSC after focusing on other metagames recently.
RBY OU: Kaz (60) vs (40) ErPeris - Kaz looked good last year and his opponent is someone I don't know too well.

Dragonspiral Tyrants (8) vs (4) Team Raiders

SS OU: TDK (55) vs (45) Trosko - TDK knows SS inside-and-out. Trosko has been inactive since the draft and before then I did not see much from him either. I am sure that he knows what is used and understands the tier decently, but I have seen a lot more from TDK and they are close in terms of overall level-of-play, so I will favor TDK.
SS OU: Christo (60) vs (40) reiku - Christo has been grinding on the ladder a fair amount whereas reiku has been pretty quiet. It is hard to be too sure of anything about reiku -- ranging from if he will even play to what form he will be in. I expect Christo to win given recent form and metagame understanding, but rumor has it Trosko is pretty close with reiku, so perhaps if he is doing well then reiku will as well.
SS OU: Nat (60) vs (40) Lusa - Nat, similarly to Christo, has been grinding it out in SS OU and looks pretty good. Lusa is not a bad player by any stretch of the imagination, but I fear he will be outmatched here.
SS DOU: marilli (45) vs (55) kaori
SS LC: Luthier (60) vs (40) LilyAC - Luthier shows me that he is a pretty fearless player no matter what tier he is in. I know he did well in Snake and I think that will continue during SPL. Lily is a respectable opponent, but I do not think she has the ability to outmaneuver Luthier and I also think she has to worry about time management in-game, too.
SM OU: blunder (60) vs (40) Posho - blunder has been doing pretty great in SM over the last few years. Posho has been pretty absent in this generation, mainly playing BW and even ORAS on occasion. I feel like blunder will be in better form and also is just the stronger player at this point. I think that if this were in BW it would be a different story, but it's not and you gotta favor blunder against this entire SM field atm.
ORAS OU: CrashinBoomBang (55) vs (45) Lycans - Lycans is crafty, capable of winning against anyone in any tier. In addition, CBB is still working off of a pretty limited sample size, having only played WCOP in recent memory. I think he will do well as he has kept up with ORAS nicely, but I cannot favor him too heavily against Lycans. Still think he is the pick given his understanding of the metagame and Lycans being a bit unreliable at times.
BW OU: John W (40) vs (60) dice - dice is a great player; his understanding of the BW metagame is second-to-none and he usually can use this to bring strong teams. John W is a bit newer to the metagame, but his grasp is strong nevertheless. I favor BW due to having more experience and being a better teambuilder, but with a few breaks John W can take this game.
DPP OU: The Grand Babido (51) vs (49) ToF - While ToF's taking the PR personally for years when it is just a fun article done by volunteers with rankings based off of community input is a bit lame, I think he is a great player and he uses pretty interesting teams every year. Unfortunately for him, I think Bab has him beat by a hair. Bab is one of the best DPP players historically and his gameplay abilities are still there for the most part. I am very excited to see what both of these guys bring this week and throughout the entirety of the tournament as the metagame has moved forward a bit over the last year or so ofc, but these guys predominantly played prior to then. I think ToF may adjust easier as he has played DPP more in recent years, but Bab has a pretty active team and is no slouch when it comes to picking things up himself.
ADV OU: Gilbert arenas vs pasy_g - already happened
GSC OU: gorgie (35) vs (65) Earthworm - Earthworm looked lost at times last season, putting up a poor record. This time around, his price-tag is lower and he has the support of dice, so it is more likely for him to meet the adjusted expectations I'd say. gorgie is a bit of a misfit in this GSC field in the eyes of a lot of people and there is no way to know what form he is in right now. I will favor Worms in hopes that he has a comeback season.
RBY OU: Heroic Troller (55) vs (45) MetalGro$$ - Troller has been the best RBY player recently. Metal is solid, but I think he is more mistake prone and Troller will be able to take advantage of that.

Ever Grande BIGS (6) vs (6) Indie Scooters

SS OU: soulgazer (55) vs (45) talah - soulgazer is the better player by a decent margin. I don't really mind that it's a tier he is less familiar with probably as the generation is still relatively new and sg has a whole cartel's worth of support. I will leave it close as neither is proven in this metagame and all of sg's success is in very different settings, but I think he's going to take it.
SS OU: aim (45) vs (55) Jayde - Hard to be sure, but I've hopped on the Jayde hype train as he seems to be active and he was great in his BW prime. aim seems to have been struggling in OU tournaments as of late. I think the new generation may help him, but I would like to see more before I am sure. This could go either way honestly, but again I view Jayde as a strong SS prospect so here's hoping.
SS OU: ima (45) vs (55) Lopunny Kicks - ima has been playing really well as of late; I think he will go positive this SPL. Lopunny Kicks is a step ahead of him though. Lopunny Kicks has been doing well for over a year now and I view him as close to being a top player. I think that he will transition nicely to SS and have a strong season for the Scooters if he avoids using Italian headass nonsense.
SS DOU: Ezrael (60) vs (40) Memoric - Memoric seems pretty hyped despite not playing many officials lately, so maybe that's a sign that I am missing something. With this said, Ezrael had a dominant SSD3, so gonna go with him here.
SS LC: trash (45) vs (55) tazz - Really close game between two guys in the middle of the field imo. I favor tazz, but I think trash can take it, especially with him having plenty of support.
SM OU: Adaam (40) vs (60) ZoroDark - Zoro has been good in SM dating back to last SPL. Adaam has not really done much of anything in the tier himself. Zoro is someone I also am higher on than most, but yea I think he will take it here and I think Adaam may struggle to adjust at first, too.
ORAS OU: Sabella (55) vs (45) Quaze - Quaze showed he can play, but honestly he looked like he was swinging for the fences every turn vs McMeghan and that just is not necessarily if you can find a balanced, consistent approach. I think he has some work to do to gain the fundamentals necessary for big tournament success. Sabella has been around for a while on the other hand and while he may be a bit less flashy than Quaze, he is eager to continue his success with the Bigs and I think ORAS is lowkey his best tier, so gonna favor him here.
BW OU: Fakes (51) vs (49) zf - This may be surprising to some, but I honestly think that while zf is a great player, he has been hyped up in BW a bit too much for his level of play in the tier. I think he has a ton of great ideas, much like dice, but the execution is not on the same level in the builder or in the battle quite yet. Last year he had a middling showing with dice's support and this year he lacks that and the field is stronger, so I struggle to see him dominating at first. I think as the tournament goes on, he is likely to get better though as he is a strong, adaptable overall player. With this said, I am not nearly as high on him as most. Fakes, on the other hand, finds a way to get his hands on every BW team ever either through asking around repeatedly or now through having the cartel's support. I also think he is a superb pilot, even underrated in the modern day. Assuming he is active enough to prepare and play, I think he takes it in a nailbiter. That is a big if and I think that zf may be a little better in BW specifically, so I'm only giving him a small edge atm.
DPP OU: GaryTheGengar (55) vs (45) Honor - GTG can be childish at times, but last year he was great on the Tyrants and the support will be even greater this time around. I think Honor does well in individuals like BW Championship, but ultimately struggles in team tournaments due to his teams and how he goes about preparing. I think this leaves GTG in an advantageous position overall and I favor him despite Honor's recent success.
ADV OU: eden (45) vs (55) CyberOdin - Odin looked good in WCOP last year and eden just struggles to stand out much in my eyes. Maybe the support of CALLOUS will be a difference maker, but I am not counting on it.
GSC OU: Descending (20) vs (80) Fear - Fear should be favored against everyone in this pool atm. Descending in particular is inexperienced and will likely encounter struggles initially when adjusting. Would not be shocked to see IFM in relief, but maybe he will get it together eventually. Not this week though.
RBY OU: Nails (55) vs (45) Bedschibaer - Nails was better last year, but honestly I am not too sure as Beds was on the more unfortunate side of things last year and he had a handful of really strong showings mixed in.

Stark Sharks (5) vs (7) Wi-fi Wolfpack

SS OU: teal6 (40) vs (60) Charmflash - Charm is one of the best players in SS OU and was one of the best in late SM OU. I think his retain was a blessing for the Wolfpack and he is a great builder, especially when given the support of ABR. teal6 is a bit of a wildcard and he can beat anyone, but I think Charmflash w1 is a tall-task and he is likely to struggle. I expect him to bounce back and do well overall though.
SS OU: bro fist (60) vs (40) Star - Still have not seen john play an SS game, but he is a great overall player and Star has yet to impress in an official.
SS OU: xray (60) vs (40) The Hallows - xray is determined to have a strong SS showing after not being too great throughout SM. He wants to branch out from ORAS and I think he will prove that he is capable here. Hallows is promising, especially with plenty of support, but I think xray is the stronger player and has looked strong in SS thus far.
SS DOU: Mr.GX (40) vs (60) SMB - SMB is pretty great overall and Mr.GX is mostly unknown, especially in officials.
SS LC: EviGaro (45) vs (55) HT - HT did well in the ever-so-important Ekans tour and has the support of Star. EviGaro is pretty much a question mark in SS LC until we see some games this SPL. Hard to put much confidence into that despite her proving that she is capable overall through her RU and unofficial showings.
SM OU: frisoeva (40) vs (60) Welli0u - Really like the fire Well in SM this SPL. He has done well in the tier when it was the main generation and has a leg up on a majority of the playerbase this SPL, too. Friso showed he was a legit player during SSD3, but I think he is a bit less experienced and strong than Welli0u, who I will be favoring here to beat Friso.
ORAS OU: Erzengel (45) vs (55) Sjneider - Sjneider in ORAS is weird because he did super well last Snake in NU, but has never done well in OU in an official. He has ABR, Star, BKC, etc. to help him, so I will favor him against a virtual unknown, but it's hard to put much confidence in his in-game performance quite yet. Erzengel has xray and bro fist, but I know very little about him as a player and tbh that is not usually a good sign in official tournaments in big OU tiers.
BW OU: SoulWind (60) vs (40) Pearl - SoulWind is poised to have another dominant SPL campaign in BW OU. I do not see Pearl stopping him. Despite being a very capable player, coming with a high price tag that leads to big expectations, and having all the support in the world, I think SoulWind will be too much for him. This is not a shot at Pearl either as I think he will do just fine despite the field being strong in BW. I think you can put anyone who has not played BW over the years against one of the top players in this field and they will struggle earlier on. As the tournament goes on, perhaps that will change as they will gain more experience and familiarity. For Pearl, he already has a foundation, but his WCOP opponents were nothing particularly special. SoulWind can use just about anything here and I would not be too shocked. Given that, it actually makes me a little less inclined to go more than 60/40 in his favor, but that is still a pretty convincing margin.
DPP OU: DeepBlueC (55) vs (45) BIHI - DBC was great last year. He is up against his former team, which is always a little awkward, but BIHI is going to be under pressure here and who knows how that'll go for him. I think he will ultimately settle in and win some games this SPL, but I think DBC is a little better in the builder and in the battle.
ADV OU: Conflict (45) vs (55) BKC - BKC was not himself last year, but some signs point towards him returning to form. I do not know if he will live up to the massive price-tag, but I do know that he will be trying his best to win some games in ADV and he is the most capable player in the field of doing that. Conflict is a scrappy opponent and can likely bring some surprising -- potentially tilting -- things to the table against someone like Kevin. But Kevin's fundamentals cannot be underestimated and his teams are always strong. I expect him to pull it out in a closely-contested battle. Looking forward to this one and both of their ADV games in general.
GSC OU: Blightbringer (40) vs (60) sulcata - Cannot say I subscribe to the Blightbringer is awesome hype sentiments that I see finding their way into most SPL discussions nowadays. 18k for someone with limited experience in any generation is hard to really justify in my eyes. I get it -- auction timing, availability issues, etc. so it was not a true 18k at all. But still, people believe he will put up a strong record and I just do not see it. While the PRs were unkind to Sulcata in his description, I happen to think he is alright and should be able to take this game if he does not fuck around as his main flaw is misprioritizing things/getting sloppy in mid-games.
RBY OU: Genesis7 (51) vs (49) Sceptross - Genesis is a pretty strong RBY player and I think for the last few years he was ready for this. It is still his first game and he has never been too consistent in officials, so I will not favor him by a large margin at all. Sceptross showed some promise last year, but ultimately was mediocre. Gonna go with the pride of Canada here.

Last edited:

phosphor

ghosts appear and fade away
is a Top Tutoris a Community Leader
B101 Leader
Zokuru [40-60] Caetano93 - I don't think Zokuru's playstyle will lend itself well in BW where turn-by-turn marginal advantages are less prominent
John W [30-70] dice - no offense to John W but dice is a BW GOAT
Fakes [45-55] zf - More tier specific knowledge I feel
Finchinator [51-49] Raiza - I think Raiza is really underrated in BW but I'll still give Finch very marginal advantage due to sheer experience
SoulWind [65-35] Pearl - Pearl was really solid last WCoP but this is SoulWind

EB0LA

Banned deucer.
WEEK 1 RBY MATCH-UP PREDICTIONS:

[TGRS] Kaz [60] VS [40] ErPeris [RUIN]
While Kaz has been on a short hiatus, ErPeris has been grinding medals on PokemonPerfect, although never clinching the gold in 2019. ErPeris does have the benefit of being apart of a team with many great/solid RBYers, Alexander., FriendOfMrGolem120, & Caetano93. This will be a huge utility for the virgin SPL player ErPeris. Although Kaz is just coming back from a short hiatus, his performance in SPL X (6-3), & taking 2nd, only losing to Amaranth (The Idiot Ninja) in "RBY Invitational" on PP, which some say had the strongest pool of RBY players in any RBY tour to date shows this mans is the real deal. Will he be able to shake off the rust? I sure think so. Kaz in 2.

[TYRN] Heroic Troller [55] VS [45] MetalGro$$ [RAID]
Ah, a clash of two veteran titans. This will be a stellar, fast-paced, head to head match-up. This match can go either way, but I think Heroic Troller is the top dog in the RBY realm right now. Not much more to say, but that it will come down to who wants it more. Heroic Troller in 3.

[BIGS] Nails [50] VS [50] Bedschibaer [SCTR]
I think many are expecting the 7-2 (SPL X) Nails to win this one, but I think this will be the big upset this week. Not much more to say then two solid veterans going at it. Beds went 4-5 last SPL, will he stay average, or will he finally come out of his slump, and truly shine. I believe he can. Beds in 3 in the upset of the week.

[CRYO] HML am [40] VS [60] Amaranth [CONG]
Amaranth, the winner of the RBY Invitational tour (mentioned above), showings in the past 2 SPL's going 5-5 each time versues the SPL virgin HML am, who has not had many showings in RBY in 2019, aside from being Runner-up in a close set vs. yours truly in the RBY Circuit Championship taking 2nd. I believe Amaranth's creativity & great preping will help him verse the new comer HML am. Amaranth in 3.

[SHRK] Genesis7 [55] VS [45] Sceptross [WOLF]
Two solid RBYers, one yet to prove himself in any notable tour, Genesis7 versus Sceptross, who some may say is shaky after a 2-6 performance in SPL X. Sceptross is also just returning from a brief hiatus. Did Sceptross have enough time to recover from his burnout? Hard to tell, but this will be a close match verse two of the best RBYers around. Sceptross also does have the benefit of having a couple good RBYers to spar with on his team, SMB & BIHI, which he is going to need if he wants to show the world that he is meant to be here. I'm going to call Genesis7 in 2, because I feel he is more hungry to prove himself.

Last edited:

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
why is everyone posting kanye frenching jamie foxx or whatever the fuck that is please explain

gay.png

I've technically never been infracted for a predictions post so...I guess I was "too mean" in the eulogies, whatever that means LOOOL wasn't feeling that well yday, but today i think i'm in the mood to write again. it's hard to know what I can say without being censored by the sjw nazis on here, but I'll try my best...at least Indigo Plateau and tom holland aren't starting in this tour I guess. So, without further ado, welcome once again to the heavily-requested [VOD]METABEAST UNBIASED PREDICTIONS

Circus Maximus Tigers (7)
vs (3) Alpha Ruiners

SS OU: robjr vs Twixtry | not that confident on this one. Twixtry had some lucky ass world cup run, while rob hasn't really done anything noteworthy outside of UU. He's probably better, though
SS OU: 1 True Lycan vs Empo | I'm still not drinking the empo koolaid, but the baron went from being one of the most hyped dudes on the site by multiple jerks to being a bottom of the barrel 3.5k draft selection so
SS OU: Tace vs FLCL | flcl was pretty overpriced in the draft like LOOOL 19.5k?? NO NU??? NO LOWER TIERS AT ALL??? people have lost their fucking minds, but the ruiners draft was a disaster anyway, so it's really not that surprising. Tace has had some nice wins recently with some good fortune on his sde. all that being said, FLCL's still a better player.
SS DOU: MajorBowman vs qsns
SS LC: Osh vs jake | Osh being ranked 7th in LC was one of the bigger PR travesties in recent memory. The guy's done better in Slam than anyone else in the tier, even did fine in NU against a much tougher player base, AND WENT 7-2 IN SNAKE LOOOL but it's ok guys, let's just arbitrarily count his sub-par EKANS (WHO EVEN GIVES A FUCK ABOUT THAT TOUR LOOOL) against him, but not anyone else hahaha. everyone seems to be back on zeb's nuts for the first time since he was part of the NU trifecta back in early BW. While I do think he's solid, I think Osh is being criminally underrated here and I like his chances.
SM OU: Eternal Spirit vs Gondra | If the self-proclaimed "Magician" fell back to earth recently, Gondra crash landed into the ocean and got eaten by a bunch of ravenous sharks JESUS he was an absolute disaster in Snake. It came off the heels of the best individual effort of his career in World Cup, too. I'm not ready to write him off, but before World Cup, Gama was still way better than Gondra in my mind so.
ORAS OU: Luigi vs xImRaptor | raptor miraculously succeeded in Snake after my beloved Lindworms selected him in Round 7 LOOOL man that still fucking cracks me up. Meanwhile, Luigi became the first player ever to win a Smogon Tour and then not get drafted for the following team tour LMAO HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE? That being said, I do have respect for individual trophy winners, and raptor hasn't done nearly enough yet to make me remotely confident in him.
BW OU: Zokuru vs Caetano93 Our first cross off of the week bros. Who the fuck are either of these people? I vaguely remember Zokuru's name from somewhere, and I know Caetano is some Mannat goon or some shit. Who cares. irrelevant.
DPP OU: Vay vs Hyogafodex | People seem to be on this guy's nuts for whatever reason. Lemme post his power ranking's blurb: "Since then Vay has soared to prominence in the tier, defeating some of the most historically decorated players in Smogon history—Panamaxis and Phillip7086—in a 2-1 World Cup showing." Bro...WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? WHO CARES LOL HE BEAT TWO PLAYERS IN THE VARIANCE MADHOUSE PANA'S CRUST TOO oh my god no one gives a fuck. Hyoga did well in World Cup, but I still can't get his last SPL out of my head; he gave me cancer holy fuck Miniscule edge to Vay.
ADV OU: dekzeh vs Alexander. | Dekzeh was a threat and a half at his peak but I'm pretty skeptical about 2020 dekzeh. I'e always thought Prinz was heat so I think he'll take this.
GSC OU: McMeghan vs FriendOfMrGolem120 | Roro got robbed of the #1 GSC ranking but it's fine. FOMG is an up and coming sensation, but he hasn't done enough yet in GSC for me to bold him. Then again, even if he had, he's playing McMeghan so.
RBY OU: Kaz vs ErPeris | Kaz is pretty hyped I guess and the other guy's name is retarded so.

Dragonspiral Tyrants (6) vs (4) Team Raiders

SS OU: TDK vs Trosko | I think TDK will rebound in this tour, but it would be a crime if I didn't bold GODSKO OML SHEET GOD AKLKASLFKL I have no idea how good he is at SS OU or how much he's been playing, but the differences in recent form is literally night and day. Gonna trust the sheet here.
SS OU: Christo vs reiku | I've always been a Christo fan, but I'm not sure if he will succeed in SS OU or not. Luckily for him, he gets a cupcake matchup with the washed up corpse of a formerly heat ORAS player.
SS OU: Nat vs Lusa | Nat somehow transitioned from RU player to SS OU ladder hero. Idk what to really make of it, but Lusa is probably trash so.
SS DOU: marilli vs kaori
SS LC: Luthier vs LilyAC | Both these players performed admirably in their first tastes of team tour action. I think Luthier was a hair better in my eyes, though.
SM OU: blunder vs Posho | blunder's the best SM OU player in this tour. Besides, have you guys any of Posho's games in the past like 2 years? Like really?
ORAS OU: CrashinBoomBang vs Lycans | Lycans was easily one of the biggest overpays in the draft LOL this man was 17k for ORAS OU LOOOL WHY WHAT HAS HE DONE DUDE? I thought he'd be like 5k or some shit. He was good on the sheet prior to last tour, so maybe he can do something. CBB's probably the best ORAS player, though, so it will be tough sledding for Lycans in Week 1.
BW OU: John W vs dice | dice says that I bold him every week, which is probably true LOOL I'll prob bold him every week this tour in BW my lord. john w's hyped as fuck but he's extremely unproven outside of one STour run. dice is one of the best and consistently washes people here.
DPP OU: The Grand Babido vs ToF | This game's a complete tossup LOOL Two crust ass players going head to head. I wish this matchup happened in 2010, but it'll prob still be fire this week.
ADV OU: Gilbert arenas vs pasy_g
GSC OU: gorgie vs Earthworm | LOOOOOOOOOL FLOPPY? OH MY GOD LMAO WHAT ARE WE DOING???? He was like the definition of mediocrity for like 8 years....and that was BEFORE he stopped being drafted to these tours like 3 years ago jesus christ. I'd be very shocked if he ended this tour with more than 2 or 3 wins. I've been hating on Earthworm for a while, but 10k was kind of ridiculous like LOL He's definitely worth more than that. Massive edge.
RBY OU: Heroic Troller vs MetalGro$$ | metal's pretty average, and Troller's the best RBYer so.

Ever Grande BIGS (4) vs (5) Indie Scooters

SS OU: soulgazer vs talah | In case you're new here, we never bold Greeks besides Fear / Astamatitos / roudolf for obvious reasons. idk how good sheet god SG is gonna be at SS OU, but he's sure as hell better than this clown
SS OU: aim vs Jayde | This is an interesting game. I think Joey was underpriced this tour, but I feel like Jayde's putting in some effort this week and has enough skill to take this
SS OU: ima vs Lopunny Kicks | Still not drinking the ima kool-aid yet. Needs to show a bit more. Lop Kicks has been a bit more consistent across a bit more tours so.
SS DOU: Ezrael vs Memoric | LOOOL MEMORIC? bro havent heard of this man sicne spl 7 what the fuck
SS LC: trash vs tazz | tazz was definitely overhyped in snake. He wasn't really that impressive. Neither was trash, though so...coinflip it is.
SM OU: Adaam vs ZoroDark | Adaam won Slam and he was invited to the prestigious z0mog SS OU kickoff tour so I guess there's that LOL I have no idea how he's gonna fare in an OU environment. ZoroClick is above average and will probably end up positive so.
ORAS OU: Sabella vs Quaze | Sabella's probably slightly above average and Quaza has really done nothing outside of that 1 random Stour.
BW OU: Fakes vs zf | everyone's on zf's nuts, but I've thought Fakes was heat for many years now. I think he's undervalued right now and I really like his odds of smashing most people in this pool
DPP OU: GaryTheGengar vs Honor | Man, the thinking gen's a disaster this year LOL Guess people finally decided to stop spending up on clowns jesus. These guys are like the same skill level prob. Honor's been a journeyman DPPer for centuries, and Gary's had some decent games in SPL before. Coinflip
ADV OU: eden vs CyberOdin | Did you guys WATCH EDEN PLAY ADV IN SPL LAST YEAR? ALL IMMA ASK LOOOL THIS GUY'S TERRIBLE HELLO The fact that Odin was ranked below him is quite baffling, honestly. He had some pretty impressive games in World Cup, and has way more experience too. Solid edge by default
GSC OU: Descending vs Fear | I'm really not sure why HODOR isn't playing. I have no idea who this random clown even is. Fear's the second best GSCer in the pool, probably. Not on his nuts as much as other people are, but he should wash this dude LOL Massive edge.
RBY OU: Nails vs Bedschibaer | Beds has had some solid RBY performances, but Nails is probably slightly better right now

Cryonicles (7) vs (4) Congregation of the Classiest

SS OU: Updated Kanto vs Insult | Insult's still pretty hyped from what I can tell. He hasn't really impressed me THAT much, though. Meanwhile, I've been a huge Kanto fan since his amazing SPL 9 performance. He dropped off a fuck ton since then, but managed to regain a lot of his form last Snake. Banking on him doing amazing this tour and helping the God Cryos make the playoffs.
SS OU: Sacri' vs Relous | Relous is honestly a bit underrated. He had 2 solid tours in a row, and was relatively impressive. I think Sacri's a bit better, though.
SS OU: Eo Ut Mortus vs suapah | suapah has never really been that good in my mind. Eo's one of the best players in the pool and should wash him
SS DOU: Tman vs stax
SS LC: ggggd vs Serene Grace | Pablo being ranked 1st was honestly complete nonsense LOOOL THE MAN'S LAST TOUR WAS SNAKE 1 WHAT ARE WE DOING? the entire lc rank was an absolute disaster jesus. Serene Grace was hyped a bit during Snake, but ultimately, he wasn't chosen to be one of the 10 starters. That alone makes me pretty skeptical of his abilities; add in the fact that overhyped clowns like BurntZebra coulnd't even make it on the BIGS 298993249-man roster, and I'll need to see some pretty heat performances to be convinced of this random.
SM OU: Leftiez vs blarghlfarghl | blargh's been on a pretty upward trajectory, while Leftiez is returning after a hiatus. Leftiez was never known for being good on the sheet, even in his peak, so just off of that and the fact that he might be crust, gonna have to bold blargh for now. I do have faith in Leftiez for the future, though.
ORAS OU: Garay oak vs Persephone | I was originally gonna bold Garay, but then I thought more about this. Garay was an abomination in Snake, and I'm not really sure there's any evidence he can perform in ORAS OU. Persepone had some decent World Cup games and Germans are known for being good in ORAS so. Small edge.
BW OU: Finchinator vs Raiza | The managers really lost their minds this tour dude LOOL RAIZA 14K?? 14??? WHY LOL WHY WAS HE SO MUCH Apparently he's been farming in some dumbass tours no one cares about, so I guess there's that. Who knows dude. The man didn't even manage to go positive against a bunch of reject mainers in PU. Massive edge to Finch.
DPP OU: Jirachee vs Tamahome | People finally decided that Jirachee wasn't worth spending over 10k on LOL like. I honestly don't mind him as a 3k pick. He'll probably get a few wins. I don't think he's good, though...like he's 28-41 on the sheet bro LOL Tama's the best DPPer, and was honestly a bit underpriced this draft. Big edge (well, as big as you can have in this meme tier)
ADV OU: z0mOG vs Teclis
GSC OU: Mr.E vs KratosMana | I changed my mind a bit about this game too, idk. Anti's obviously pretty good, but he hasn't really displayed anything in this tier yet. I've been telling people to draft goat mre for like 4 years. He's an above average GSCer...11k though LOOOL What are we doing? How's he suddenly more than earthworm LMAO whatever. He showed off some pretty heat builds in World Cup, and I think his experience has to matter here. Small edge.
RBY OU: HML am vs Amaranth | TIN's had some decent performances. IDK who the hell the other guy is so.

Stark Sharks (5) vs (4) Wi-fi Wolfpack

SS OU: teal6 vs Charmflash | Definitely not the biggest Charmflash fan yet. He's absurdly hyped right now dude PEOPLE GAVE HIM HONORABLE MENTIONS ON MY TOP 10 GOAT LIST LMAO WHAT ARE WE DOING man's been relevant for like one year. On the other side, we have teal. I usually bold him in lower tiers, but I'm not sure about in OU. He had an amazing run in Snake to keep the dogshit Rumblers alive for a bit longer, but I'll probably need to see a bit more here. Small edge.
SS OU: bro fist vs Star | Star's really good, but John's way more proven on the sheet and is the best player in the pool pretty easily.
SS OU: xray vs The Hallows | No idea how good xray is gonna be in SS OU, but the other guy's probably a meme so.
SS DOU: Mr.GX vs SMB
SS LC: EviGaro vs HT | LOOOOL HT IS BACK BROS JESUS tony really drafted this clown for lc man you can't make this up klaskldaskflkl There's no way he can keep lucking into wins. I refuse to believe it. EviGaro is probably bad at LC, but who knows bro she was good at RU in her first tour lol. Miniscule edge by default I guess.
SM OU: frisoeva vs Welli0u | The Well has had some decent performances over the years and was amazing in Snake. frisoeva is pretty unproven so.
ORAS OU: Erzengel vs Sjneider | Who the hell knows man. Sjneider's decent at lower tiers I GUESS idk about OU. and idk who the hell the other guy even is so
BW OU: SoulWind vs Pearl | Pearl was easily one of the biggest overpays in the draft. Well, not nearly as bad as blightbringer but LOL I think he's probably like the 5th or 6th best bwer in this pool. the jerk effect vros. SW's tied with dice as the best player in this pool, pretty easily. Pearl's a solid player, but I find it hard to believe he's gonna take down Borja here.
DPP OU: DeepBlueC vs BIHI | DeepBlueC is definitely overhyped like everyone's on his nuts for some unknown reason, but he hasn't even been that good. Luckily for him, he faces off against BIHI this week. All you need to know about BIHI is that I remember him from when I first started in 2012 and he's basically done nothing noteworthy in the past 7 yrs. his last sheet game was in fucking 2013 LOOL CRUST AS FUCK HELLO Just gonna assume he's trash. He does have BKC on his side, I guess. He also apparently did well in Classic so I guess there's that, lol.
ADV OU: Conflict vs BKC | The GOAT'S been a mess lately, but he's definitely as motivated as ever to return to glory. I've always been a huge Conflict fan, but I'm not sure how much I trust his ADV compared to his GSC. I'm sure they'll move him back to GSC after 2 weeks, so it's fine I suppose. Solid edge for the goat.
GSC OU: Blightbringer vs sulcata | blight was EASILY the biggest overpay of the draft LMAO THIS MAN WAS 18K SOMEHOW HOW HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN LIKE 4 MAX?? He's done hardly anything over the course of like 8 SPLs. I really don't get this. I know the ADV pool was dire, but 18k is just ridiculous man. the milkman's been solid enough lately. Solid edge.
RBY OU: Genesis7 vs Sceptross | All I remember about Sceptross is that he counterteamed Nails with Omastar and then choked on dick LOOL Can't possibly bold him bros. Not too confident on Genesis either, though, and in fucking RBY of all tiers there's no way I can justify bolding anyone here

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)