CAP 2 Smogon "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
or we could go back to whorelax. imo it would need bite,lick, and screech.
if there's another poll and whorelax wins, then we could do maybe pimplax with harden.
How could I forget Lick and Harden? That's just too good...

EDIT: And to Hyra's point, for any of you that think I'm serious about Whorlax -- I'm not. Just trying to get a chuckle out of some of this.

or we could go back to whorelax. imo it would need bite,lick, and screech.
if there's another poll and whorelax wins, then we could do maybe pimplax with harden.
Psh.

Whorlax @ Protector
- Lick/Sweet Kiss/Lovely Kiss
- Swallow
- Bite
- Screech/Attract

Duh, that's the most powerful Whorlax ever.

Gawd, I thought you knew that.

Does anyone know the score so far and what the fuck happened to the Bannette evo discussion? That was like okay up until someone said Tropius and poof, it's gone.

Doug~ It wasn't that damn hard to figure out you was being sarcastic =/

I'm getting really close to saying screw the evo idea.

You guys are ridiculous. Doug was joking.... I see some really good stuff in the form of the Banette discussion, and then you go and ruin it. I'm really, really leaning towards going with all original just because of how big a can of worms making an evo is.
You can say it.

:3

Does anyone know the score so far and what the fuck happened to the Bannette evo discussion? That was like okay up until someone said Tropius and poof, it's gone.
Reason why I'm so afraid of doing an evo. People will be like "oh, whoo Banette evo is half done... Can we move on now?"

I'll do a score update because I am interested.

Bull of Heaven

I'm getting really close to saying screw the evo idea.
Thank you.

I'm really, really leaning towards going with all original just because of how big a can of worms making an evo is.
QFT

For more information, go back to one of my other posts. I don't want to type it out a third time. Basically, the evo idea is a bad one. The process used to create Syclant (without basing it on existing pokemon) was much more simple, and it was much better that way. Creating evos just opens the door to problems that don't need to exist.

Reason why I'm so afraid of doing an evo. People will be like "oh, whoo Banette evo is half done... Can we move on now?"
Well personally I love to see what we could do with Bannette in terms of evolution but you do have a point about most of us saying "Can we move on, we already half done with it" and/or "Oh.....I could do better then that". I'm having a small urge to change my vote to making an new pokemon if they're still time but still have some hope on an evo

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Psh.

Whorlax @ Protector
- Lick/Sweet Kiss/Lovely Kiss
- Swallow
- Bite
- Screech/Attract

Duh, that's the most powerful Whorlax ever.

Gawd, I thought you knew that.
I bow to your superiority. That Whorlax is totally win.

^its a shame double team was banned. okay, the joke's gone too far i think.
Yeah, I guess it's run its course. But the DT thing was a nice parting shot....

CyzirVisheen

Am I poplar yet?
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hah, that Banette idea was actually pretty cool. It was a pretty wicked idea. But yeah, then the discussion flew to Tropius and right back to Whorelax (lol)
Anyways, I did another vote count to check the progress (ONCE AGAIN, ONLY BOLDED RESPONSES). I had to double-take a couple times to avoid confusion, but here's the current count (I'm going to treat it as a spoiler of sorts):
A new evolution - 36
A new Pokemon - 41

I think it could get a bit closer on the final day, but yeah.
EDIT: Corrected, though it doesn't seem neccesary with Hyra's post.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
You do realize that even if Sunny Day is in effect, it can't hurt anything with its mediocre attacking stats unless we bump it up in an evolution. With a 4x weakness ot Ice, 2x weakness to Poison, Flying, Bug, and Dragon, it doesn't make a good tank/wall considering that all good teams run at least 1 of those attacks. All the other Dragons have at the most 3 weaknesses, Rock, Dragon, and Ice for Mence/Altaria/Dragonite, so this new Tropius Grass/Dragon Evo is going to be outclassed in almost every way unless we gave it insanely ridiculous stat distributions or a signiture move or trait that makes it stand out.
You do realize it will be the first and only Dragon that can utilize Subseed, and 2 STAB 140 BP moves.

Tropius also has Swords Dance. Really, Tropius's problem is that its stat distribution isn't that great, it has an awesome movepool. It's worst problems specifically are Skarmory and Bronzong, and they are already thorns in the side for loads of pokemon.

Consider also that we'll pretty much be forced to keep abilities. Lets say this is on a Sunny Day team. Solar Power would give it an insane SA to use Draco Meteor and Leaf Storm with. Given the same EV's and nature, that beats Specsmence by a small amount. And that's with its current stats. If we bump it up from 72 to say, 92, it will beat Specsmence by a mile.

Further still, depending on how useful areas become, Tropius has Nature Power and could theoretically do anything from Hydro Pump to Shadow Ball.

I mean really:

() for Dragon moves sure to be added.

Support:

Whirlwind
Roar
Leech Seed
Roost
Synthesis
Sunny Day
Swords Dance
Growth
Curse

Physical:

Leaf Blade
Aerial Ace
Earthquake
Body Slam
Steel Wing
Rock Smash
(Dragon Claw)

Special:
Air Slash
Energy Ball
Grass Knot
Leaf Storm
Silver Wind
Hidden Power
(Dragon Pulse)
(Draco Meteor)

I mean, for a Grass type this isn't that bad at all.

That's weird how the new pokemon option beat the "OMG FARFETCH'D NEEDS FIGHTING/FLYING DESPITE THE FACT THAT ITLL STILL SUCK."

a.k.a. the new evolution.

Especially with all the Farfetch'd stuff going around.

Okay....

I have these, discounting Hitit4three's old post and with Sunday voting once for each (I should consider the Luvdisc part a joke):

41 votes - 53.25% for New Pokemon
36 votes - 46.75% for Evo Pokemon

This might change by tomorrow night.

Also, no matter which way we go, I have figured out how I am going to do the typing. We chose base type and then in the second poll I list New Reasonable type pairings to go with the base type.

CyzirVisheen

Am I poplar yet?
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
If we decided to evolve Farfetch'd, we'd make sure it won't suck, lol.
Regardless, there's still one day left, so things could change.
EDIT: Bleargh, Hyra. Did I miss a couple votes? Maybe I should check again...
EDIT2: Double bleargh! You're right. I'll edit my post, even though it seems a bit unneccesary...

Oh... and both of my significant advantage ideas suck.... 53% is only 5 more votes.... I guess I am going to have to skip that...

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Okay....

I have these, discounting Hitit4three's old post and with Sunday voting once for each (I should consider the Luvdisc part a joke):

41 votes - 53.25% for New Pokemon
36 votes - 46.75% for Evo Pokemon

This might change by tomorrow night.

Also, no matter which way we go, I have figured out how I am going to do the typing. We chose base type and then in the second poll I list New Reasonable type pairings to go with the base type.
My only advice would be that it is impossible to really choose what is "reasonable."

I mean, theoretically there could be a Fire/Water pokemon or a Fire/Ice Pokemon. They aren't quite realistic but might be pulled off with some innovative design.

My recommendation would be to start with a more exotic type like Fire, Ghost, Dark, Steel, or Dragon, and move from there. Every single type is essentially reasonable with something like Water or Flying.

In fact, I almost think it would be better to start with a Role poll (or even something broader like a concept discussion) before going into type.

I mean, theoretically there could be a Fire/Water pokemon or a Fire/Ice Pokemon. They aren't quite realistic but might be pulled off with some innovative design.
Have you ever played Magic: the Gathering? Try saying Fire/Water can't exist to this guy:

He'll hit you for four damage AND draw a card on the stack!

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
I'm for a new evolution.

Something like a Sableye evo, that can somehow turn Stall into something beastly, preferably.

A Swalot evolution would rock. Even bigger mouth! New color! Huge mustache to rival Alakazam's!

Muk evolution... bigger pile of goo! Angrier looking!

I deleted my former post, as I want to change my vote to NEW POKEMON. After reading some of the arguments, I think everything that we create should be new, at least for the first ten or so.

Ok what is this thread accomplishing right now, unless you still plan on tabulating all the votes throughout 13 pages yourself

imo make a new thread with a poll, and maybe arguments for and against each option in the OP. i feel like this thread is just getting bogged down and too long to read for people starting to post in it

Uhhh...adding a poll now defeats the whole purpose of this thread, really. Even with this thread, there are still the people who just say "NEW EVO CUZ BANETTE WANTS TO BE PWNZOR!!11!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)