Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 47 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christian

Veni, vidi, vici
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Been resetting for Xerneas in my X version, I got a Modest 201/135/115/162/118/119 which according to calc gives:

Xerneas - #716 (Modest)
HP: 30 - 31
Att: 28 - 31
Def: 30 - 31
SpA: 24 - 25
SpD: 30 - 31
Speed: 30 - 31

Keep or toss?
Obviously toss, Special Attack is too low imo

Hey guys so I have assembled my team of pokemon with the right ivs, but I haven't done this since the original gen 3. Can anyone outline how to ev train pokemon from lvl 1??? I would really appreciate the help : )

Hey guys so I have assembled my team of pokemon with the right ivs, but I haven't done this since the original gen 3. Can anyone outline how to ev train pokemon from lvl 1??? I would really appreciate the help : )
Check out orange islands

This thread http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/a-guide-to-ev-training-with-hordes.3490052/

And this
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/a-quickstart-guide-to-oras-breeding-training.3522921/
will be more helpful than any cliffs notes version you can get here

Ok so I read it over, and from what I can understand if I do pokerus+macho brace I get 4x5 with hordes and this works even if I use exp share, correct?

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
Ok so I read it over, and from what I can understand if I do pokerus+macho brace I get 4x5 with hordes and this works even if I use exp share, correct?
That's right (assuming the Pokemon you face earns you 1 EV), and yes it works with the Exp Share. You'd be better off with the Power Item though rather than the Macho Brace. Assuming 1 EV from the Pokemon and Pokerus, you'd get [(1 EV per Pokemon) + (4 EV from Power Item)] * (2 from Pokerus) * (5 Pokemon per horde) = 50 per horde

edit: so close, yet so ninja'd

Yes, but it's far more efficient to use the Power series of items. (Power Bracer, Power Anklet, etc.) You can get up to 10 EV's per Pokemon battled, for a total of 50 per horde. It's also impossible to have more than 252 EV's in any one given stat this generation, so there's no worry about potentially wasted EV's.

Correct. But it is better to use a Power item over Macho Brace, because a Power item gives 2 Pokerus x (4 Power item + 1 EV per Pokemon) x 5 Pokemon = 50 EVs per horde.
Thanks for clarifying! One last question, if that is the case and lets say I want to do 252 evs in SpA it would take only five horde battles to get it done right?

Thanks for clarifying! One last question, if that is the case and lets say I want to do 252 evs in SpA it would take only five horde battles to get it done right?
If the Pokemon you are fighting give 1 EV each, it would take 6 battles to get 252. If you do only 5 battles, 5 x 50 = 250 so it is not enough.

Speaking of hordes, I've been using them for a while but without pokerus. I just felt like spreading it takes longer than it's worth although I have a few Pokemon in my pc with it. Is this thought unfounded? How easy is it to spread pokerus to the desired Pokemon that needs the ev's?

Speaking of hordes, I've been using them for a while but without pokerus. I just felt like spreading it takes longer than it's worth although I have a few Pokemon in my pc with it. Is this thought unfounded? How easy is it to spread pokerus to the desired Pokemon that needs the ev's?
What I do is the Pokemon in my party that uses Sweet Scent has Pokerus. I fill my party with the Pokemon to be trained. Then I just keep fighting hordes until the EVs are full (most Pokemon use 6/252/252 spreads). So I do not worry about spreading first then fighting. You should always use Pokerus.

Pokerus can spread after 1 battle or it can take 10 battles. It is random chance after every battle but I do not know exactly what %.

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Does anyone have a spare Enigma berry?
In case you are still looking for an Enigma Berry, you can have one from me for absolutely free.
You can find my trainer information in my signature down below.

Feel free to leave me a message on my profile including your trainer information.

Last edited:
It's fairly easy to spread Pokerus, it's just up to chance if it spreads to uninfected teammates. I'd ensure a Pokemon with Sweet Scent has an active form of Pokerus, (Tropius works well for this, as it can also serve to fight the hordes itself) and infect as many Pokemon as I can that I plan to train with it, while keeping EXP Share off until I'm ready to start training them. (usually as I'm battling individual Pokemon to try and spread Pokerus) I believe you can run from battles and still have it spread through your party.

Honestly, it's more time-consuming to get the Power items that assist in EV training than it is to spread Pokerus.

Looking for a cloner for my Lure Ball Kyogre (just a few copies). You may keep a non-redis copy if you'd like, or we can work something out.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)