Programming Showdex - An Auto-Updating Damage Calculator Built into Showdown!

max flare is shown to have 100 bp, when it should actually have have 10 bp. im not sure if it actually has 100 bp when used in a battle though
Screenshot 2023-12-05 8.30.19 AM.png

Slight QOL suggestion,

Could we get automatic stat boosts when we press the Tera button on the Ogerpon forms? It'd be nice for both offensive and defensive calcs :)
(mainly only relevant for every form but Teal Mask)
Yeah that would be smart, I'll see if we can add that in with the next patch :) just gotta make sure it doesn't cause any problems down the line, as specific hard-coded stuff like this can sometimes do that.

How can I turn it on that the program selects my moves automatically instead of me selecting every move manually in Randbats?
Looks like this, why doesn’t it select automatically?
Weird, might be an issue with your settings. Go to the Hellodex tab and then click on Settings, and then make sure you have "Randoms" selected under "Download Sets" like in the screenshot below (if you plan to use Showdex outside of Randbats, I'd select the other options as well).
If it still doesn't work, select "Defaults" at the top right of the Settings page to revert all your settings to the defaults. If it still doesn't work, let me know, it could be an issue where you're not able to download the sets for some reason. Hope that helps :totodiLUL:

1701830316539.png

max flare is shown to have 100 bp, when it should actually have have 10 bp. im not sure if it actually has 100 bp when used in a battle thoughView attachment 576953
So Max's moves bp is determined based on the original move's BP. So if the original move is Fire Blast, Max Flare will have a higher BP than if the original move was Ember. So it's not a static value like "10" or "100". We source all of our data from Smogon and the damage calc, so it should reflect the Max BP accurately.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Weird, might be an issue with your settings. Go to the Hellodex tab and then click on Settings, and then make sure you have "Randoms" selected under "Download Sets" like in the screenshot below (if you plan to use Showdex outside of Randbats, I'd select the other options as well).
If it still doesn't work, select "Defaults" at the top right of the Settings page to revert all your settings to the defaults. If it still doesn't work, let me know, it could be an issue where you're not able to download the sets for some reason. Hope that helps :totodiLUL:

View attachment 577042
The same functionality broke for me a couple days ago, and I've confirmed download sets rands is enabled (in fact it's the only one I had enabled lol). Reset to defaults and tried again and the functionality is still broken.

The same functionality broke for me a couple days ago, and I've confirmed download sets rands is enabled (in fact it's the only one I had enabled lol). Reset to defaults and tried again and the functionality is still broken.
FWIW I just went through with updating my Chrome and it fixed itself lol
Same for me, still broken
Phew glad to hear that! It's always really difficult to diagnose bugs when we can't reproduce them.
2fort, you should see if updating Chrome works for you as well, let me know if that fixes it.

Giyu

Tomioka
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
1702095409104.png

I don't really need the Hellodex tab so I was looking through the settings to disable it automatically opening, however, it's not allowing me to deselect it, is this a bug or do I need to do something beforehand to make the option accessible?

View attachment 577889
I don't really need the Hellodex tab so I was looking through the settings to disable it automatically opening, however, it's not allowing me to deselect it, is this a bug or do I need to do something beforehand to make the option accessible?
We plan to enable that setting in a future update, so for now, you can use the "Show Chatrooms Panel" to show the lobby screen tab first just like normal. Funny thing about that setting, we realized if you toggled it off, you'd never be able to toggle it back on because the Hellodex page wouldn't show up anymore (where the settings is). So we'll have to add a button to Showdown that allows you to pull up the Hellodex tab again. Our priority in the last couple patches was fixing bugs and making sure the calc is stable and reliable, so we're hoping we can get to the fun QoL features like this one in the next few patches :woop:

I dont use chrome, i use orion on my Ipad
Okay interesting, I think that might be the reason. We installed Orion on an iPhone and installed Showdex from the Firefox store, but it didn't seem to load Showdex no matter what we tried. Interested to know how you got it to work, maybe it's bc it's different on iPad.

Unfortunately we checked out their docs, and it seems their extension support is pretty limited. Which isn't their fault, it's actually an Apple restriction where you have to install extensions from the App Store. You could try the Enhanced Tooltips App Store extension, they've bundled Showdex with it (tho it is a bit out-of-date). I'm not sure if that'll work with Orion, but it's worth a shot. Hope that helps!

Okay interesting, I think that might be the reason. We installed Orion on an iPhone and installed Showdex from the Firefox store, but it didn't seem to load Showdex no matter what we tried. Interested to know how you got it to work, maybe it's bc it's different on iPad.

Unfortunately we checked out their docs, and it seems their extension support is pretty limited. Which isn't their fault, it's actually an Apple restriction where you have to install extensions from the App Store. You could try the Enhanced Tooltips App Store extension, they've bundled Showdex with it (tho it is a bit out-of-date). I'm not sure if that'll work with Orion, but it's worth a shot. Hope that helps!
You need to enable „Allow Chrome/Firefox Extensions“ first, then it works on both Iphone and Ipad

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
this is a very minor issue, but today in a gen 9 rands battle Mimikyu's disguise was busted by Knock Off (and its item therefore also knocked off), and ShowDex didn't auto-remove the item. Probably a disguise interaction or something.

Worth reporting anyway eh :P

EDIT: (Oh yeah, it's because it doesn't automatically turn into Mimikyu-Busted, you have to go into the dropdown. This also means that things like stat changes don't happen automatically).

This might be old news but I only recently learned that Firefox mobile (Android if relevant) added this extension to their store, so I installed it. It works as intended, but during a battle at the end of every turn the site just briefly freezes for a second or two which gets a little annoying to play. I wanted to know if this a my phone problem or something that's just not been optimized for mobile.
Thanks again for the great work!

this is a very minor issue, but today in a gen 9 rands battle Mimikyu's disguise was busted by Knock Off (and its item therefore also knocked off), and ShowDex didn't auto-remove the item. Probably a disguise interaction or something.

Worth reporting anyway eh :P

EDIT: (Oh yeah, it's because it doesn't automatically turn into Mimikyu-Busted, you have to go into the dropdown. This also means that things like stat changes don't happen automatically).
hmmm ok that shouldn't be happening, but I think it might be fixed in the latest patch we're working on right now. Once that's released, let me know if it's still a problem. For now, you'll have to adjust it manually as you said, sorry about that!

This might be old news but I only recently learned that Firefox mobile (Android if relevant) added this extension to their store, so I installed it. It works as intended, but during a battle at the end of every turn the site just briefly freezes for a second or two which gets a little annoying to play. I wanted to know if this a my phone problem or something that's just not been optimized for mobile.
Thanks again for the great work!
Oh cool, thanks for letting me know! Great to hear that they've finally added support for extensions on Firefox Mobile. Before you had to use the Firefox Beta app and it was really annoying to set up, so I'll update the installation instructions for that now.

As for the lag, I couldn't seem to replicate it on my end. There does seem to be a bit of lag between turns, but it didn't change whether I had the extension enabled or not. So it could potentially be a phone problem, what phone do you have?

We have a few settings that can potentially help with lag issues. Enable the "Clear Memory after Tab Closes" setting and make sure the "Cache Sets for" setting is something other than "Never" or "1 day". Idk if that will specifically help in this case, but it might be worth a try.

Oh cool, thanks for letting me know! Great to hear that they've finally added support for extensions on Firefox Mobile. Before you had to use the Firefox Beta app and it was really annoying to set up, so I'll update the installation instructions for that now.

As for the lag, I couldn't seem to replicate it on my end. There does seem to be a bit of lag between turns, but it didn't change whether I had the extension enabled or not. So it could potentially be a phone problem, what phone do you have?

We have a few settings that can potentially help with lag issues. Enable the "Clear Memory after Tab Closes" setting and make sure the "Cache Sets for" setting is something other than "Never" or "1 day". Idk if that will specifically help in this case, but it might be worth a try.
Thanks for the response! This is likely a phone thing for me, since those settings didn't really help. I imagine the lag is caused by the calc updating sets and gamestate or whatever between turns and my phone being unable to handle it that well, hence the disparity in our cases.
I have an (ancient) Mi Poco C3, 3GB RAM 32GB ROM and Octa core max 3.20 Ghz processor.

Thanks for the response! This is likely a phone thing for me, since those settings didn't really help. I imagine the lag is caused by the calc updating sets and gamestate or whatever between turns and my phone being unable to handle it that well, hence the disparity in our cases.
I have an (ancient) Mi Poco C3, 3GB RAM 32GB ROM and Octa core max 3.20 Ghz processor.
If you disable the extension, does the lag go away? If so, then you're probably right. Showdex syncs with the battle state between turns, so it would definitely add to the processing power required. We do try to optimize it as best we can for mobile, but hopefully we can make it run better in the future!

Maybe try Kiwi Browser and install Showdex through the Chrome store. It might run faster, as I noticed Firefox was a bit laggy on my phone too.

If you disable the extension, does the lag go away? If so, then you're probably right. Showdex syncs with the battle state between turns, so it would definitely add to the processing power required. We do try to optimize it as best we can for mobile, but hopefully we can make it run better in the future!

Maybe try Kiwi Browser and install Showdex through the Chrome store. It might run faster, as I noticed Firefox was a bit laggy on my phone too.
Yeah the lag isn't there without the extension.
I'll try that thanks, keep up the great work!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 0)