SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

165 atk, no item lock, a signature physical ice move, insane bulk, and moxie
no

(also idk why people are saying ice horse is bad; the sheer stat spread makes it seem real good lol)
Why is moxie even a point in your argument when the shit is running 50 spe, with means it cant snowball into opposing teams, which is what moxie is about.

How does this thing compare to a mon with dual steel bug stab, 800+ attack and special attack, one of the best movepools in the entire game and +2 priority that can kill.
>doesn't need a scarf like genesect does
>ability lets it hit hard without coinflipping a download boost
>has a STAB pivoting move
>can run a damage boosting item
>mixed offenses that might also get extremespeed itself

etc.

Wait for the movepool to see what coverage it gets then we'll know for sure how good this thing is going to be.

Honestly, I don't think Ice Rider will be that terrible. Giratina-level bulk and Kyurem-B level offences is pretty nice, even on a slow ice type; the main thing holding it back is an absolutely abysmal matchup against Zacian-C. Shadow Rider is obviously better, mind you.

Why is moxie even a point in your argument when the shit is running 50 spe, with means it cant snowball into opposing teams, which is what moxie is about.
Having absolutely abysmal speed has never stopped Magearna making good use of Soul Heart.

S. Court

[Takes hits in Spanish]
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor
Honestly, I don't think Ice Rider will be that terrible. Giratina-level bulk and Kyurem-B level offences is pretty nice, even on a slow ice type; the main thing holding it back is an absolutely abysmal matchup against Zacian-C. Shadow Rider is obviously better, mind you.

Having absolutely abysmal speed has never stopped Magearna making good use of Soul Heart.
Except that a +2 Magearna is kinda decent? and it seems really unlikely Glastier has Agility for starters

To sumarize.

Glastrier is utterly trash, since it's Game Freak, I'll asume they won't even make an effort to give it Grassy Glide (if it gets grass typing), probably won't even have SD. Palete-swap Rapidash is nuts, regis are both trash altho Regieleki may find salvation, if just a bit.

Birds are trash, specially Moltres, that spread doesnt acomplish anything, i'm still trying to figure out how that think is even gonna do damage. Zapdos is nuts, but Zapdos has been nuts since generation 1, no surprise there.

EDIT: Nvm. Psychic being the comodin type of GF since ever.
This is a pretty ill-informed take.

Regieleki is probably going to have a good niche, at least. 100 base attacks isn't that bad with an ability that boosts its STAB. It'll also be a good Specs user, most likely. Revenge killing it is hard since very few pokemon can compete with base 200 speed.

Regidraco is very likely bad, I agree.

Both GArticuno and GMoltres entirely depend on their movepool, since their stats are fine. Moltres could become a great tank if it gets some nice defensive/support moves. It has similar bulk to mandibuzz, but it can at least hit decently hard.

Ice Horse looks like a doubles mon. 30 speed is bad, but man can it dent a lot of mons with its offense. Ghost is nutso.

I don't think Regidrago will be Guzzlord-tier bad, but it'll still definitely be a lower-tier pick. 80 Speed isn't that bad in the lower tiers and could make for a good Scarfer + DD sweeper if it gets it, and with that massive HP stat means it can tank hits better than most other lower-tier scarfers/sweepers, making it harder to revenge-kill.
You could always do Scarf Dragon’s Maw assuming it works like Water Spout/Eruption.

First of all Magearna is sitting at base 65, not 50. Second, Magearna has one of the best defensive typings in the game in Steel/Fairy, which in tandem with 115 defenses makes it substantially bulkier than a 50 base spe Ice Type. Third, due to these reasons alone, Magearna has an easy time setting up shift gear, which allows it to sit at 300+ speed with no investment after just 1 boost while boosting its attack at the same type.

Yea, totally comparable.

G-Zapdos has 90/90/90 bulk which is actually marginally better than regular Zapdos (5 more base Defense), and the Defensive typing of Flying/Fighting has some nice niches.

G-Moltres is a Mandibuzz that's more specially bulky and less physically bulky, and is faster with more offensive presence.

G-Slowking has the same bulk as regular, but 10 more Special Attack which is nice. It would have liked more PhysDef but at least it's not decreased.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Regi drago whole sig gimmick is an hp scaling move right? No wonder they went with this path
More HP means nothing for an attack that goes off of the percentage of HP tho. And eleki/drago were both said to have the strongest attacks of their respective types. 200 offenses were heavily implied imo

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Magearna can boost its speed and it has the bulk AND typing to grab a boost versus most teams.

We have no idea if Ice Horse gets speed boosting, and its typing is so ass it offsets its "great" bulk.

Also 65 hits alot of benchmarks 50 doesn't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)