SPOILERS! Pokemon Sun and Moon Full Game Datamine General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
the spot for hatching eggs is not only conventionally placed, is also fast as fuck.
If the video doesnt' have any cuts, it takes like 7 seconds to do an egg cycle, and that's just between checks, meaning that for hatching it can take even less.

HOLD UP

Has the fact that you can find wild Salamence at levels 9-12 been discussed yet?

From what I can tell from the wild Pokemon dumps, the information should be legit, with the exception of the fact that the dumps suggest it is found on Route 3 instead of Route 2.
It was discussed a couple of pages back. Its an encounter that only happens when you get a wild Bagon to call for allies. Its seems like a its bit tough to get it to appear though, since you first have to encounter Bagon then have it call for help an upward of 120+ times to get the Salamence to come. Source is Zhull:

I'm on my 120-ish SOS Chain on 1% Bagon and still counting...

Anyone already catching that Salamence?
He got it eventually, but I don't know how many it took:

Heeeey....

A few questions that might not have been discussed, I can't seem to find an answer for these:

1- What are the pokemon that come with 3 max IVs? The cover legends surely, but what about the four Tapus? And what about the Ultra Beasts?

2- Concerning Bottle Caps, does anyone know how much the Silver and Gold ones cost? It might be cheaper to use 3 Silver ones on a legendary depending on cost.

3- This question might be a story spoiler and I'm not exactly sure how to "put it behind a button"
I'll word my question carefully just in case.

Here we go. Can you synchronize/reset/affect the nature of the story-mode cover legendary right before catching it? I know about the other thing at the end of the game about a portal and I'm pretty sure you can synchronize that one's nature and that it evolves differently based on game.

Spoilers over.

Sorry if that was overdramatic

There is the EXP Share in these games, but it works like it did in 5th gen and not 6th gen. Meaning it is harder to be overleveled when using the EXP Share.
That is not true. Exp. Share works just like it did in Gen VI, gives all teammates who didn't participate in battle half of the experience they would have received if they had. What works like in Gen V is the experience scaling - the difference in level between the Pokémon gaining exp and the opponent beaten influences the amount of experience gained. That does make it a bit harder to overlevel, essentially, but not because of any Exp. Share changes.

About XP share: I played through the whole game by simply beating every trainer and catching all of the new pokemon I found on every route, I did virtually zero grinding aside from when I added a new mon to my team. That alone was enough to overlevel me with XP share on, but with XP share off I started to underlevel quickly, so I simply turned XP share on and off as I played in order to keep myself in a fun spot.

It's worth saying that when I got to the e4 i was underleveled by about 5, so that ended up being pretty interesting.

And yes, XP share works like Gen 6. If you play normally with XP share on you will probably be 5 levels or so overleveled on average throughout your playthrough, I'd guess.

Count Serperior
1 - Both Tapus and UB's get 3IV's, I'll check box legens later and Necrosma when I get it..
2-30 shards of the same color, they are very expensive so start grinding Poke Pelago asap. I'll double check this.
3- You get a brief moment to save before pressing A on the box legend.

Last edited:
Are there any spots before post-game where you are forced to stay a while and listen grind levels if the EXP Share is off?

Is there going to be a separate general thread once the games come out and the presumed rush of legit players come in or will this one just be renamed?

Ladies and Gents, your new breeding "route":

Also notice how the lady crosses her arms to indicate a new egg
Oh wow thats actually easier then in the past games, nice.

Early Roggenrola very often hold one. In fact, it's pretty stupid for them to even have an Everstone as a BP prize.
Awesome. Thanks for that. Yes seems odd to make it a BP prize unless you are really unlucky

You can get Abra in the first Island.. If you manage to catch it though cause it has Teleport move :v
Oh joy. Well best to just throw pokeballs at the start and hope for the best

So with this breeding route does that mean I can stick a piece of paper beneath the circle pad to force it to go into a circle by itself like in Lumiose city? Or will I still need to go through that tiny extra effort of doing the circling myself? I just want to know if I can still breed/hatch one handed or not.

I just want to say that if Poke Pelago is the only way to get Shards, Hyper Training isn't going to be a viable method of.. anything really. Hyper training legendaries occasionally will be about it.

Bottle Caps cost 30 Shards of the same color, and a day of mining them on Pelago gets you about 4, and they usually aren't the same color. Spending Beans to speed up the process can get you about 8 Shards per 24 hours, the extra items you get for spending Beans on top of the faster mine time are non-Shards it seems. This means that you're looking at potentially 4 Bottle Caps every 2 weeks.

This can remedy not having good IV's on Ultra Beast and Legendaries (assuming you got good natures on them) and it can give speed to select HP Fire mons or whatever, but it definitely does not replace breeding with an accessible system that levels the playing field and gets rid of the need for hacking to stay competitive ─ if anything it's a gruelingly slow buffer to fix bad IV's on things with good natures. Being able to Hyper Train is a rare occasion and it doesn't fix the issue of bad natures on legendaries. New players getting into competitive play will still have to spend money on a new game to re-catch the legendaries they didn't know they had to reset for natures, received hacked legendaries from other players, or hack themselves.

Of course aside form natures most of this goes away if there is a way to quickly farm Shards that I just haven't discovered yet, so feel free to tell me to settle down if that's the case. It's also worth noting that a new player can take his or her UB's and presumably SOS chained mons and put a dent in the Battle Tree in order to get the items locked behind the BP grind, as well as the fact that a surprising amount of competitive items (Focus Sash, Life Orb, etc) are actually located on the map and not BP-only items.

Has it been confirmed yet if the first Route 1 encounter is locked as Pikipek like the first Route 1 encounter in XY was locked? All game footage I've seen so far has Pikipek as the first encounter.

I just want to say that if Poke Pelago is the only way to get Shards, Hyper Training isn't going to be a viable method of.. anything really.
An NPC claims he fished up a Bottle Cap on Poni Island, but man, it's either a bunch of Bulu or a very rare occurrence, 'cause all I'm getting are Pearls and occasional Sticky Barbs.

An NPC claims he fished up a Bottle Cap on Poni Island, but man, it's either a bunch of Bulu or a very rare occurrence, 'cause all I'm getting are Pearls and occasional Sticky Barbs.
I found one or two... In about 90 minutes of fishing. I was fishing on the route leading up to the Battle Tree.

How easy would it be to get competitive teams together you guys think without oras/xy? For some reason my AS has completely vanished with 95% of all my good gen vi stuff and it has been very saddening :(. I do still have my y that has quiet a few things on it but all my main mons were on oras.

So I've been working on a walkthrough, but I kind of lost enthusiasm as I realised making it was taking away from my enjoyment of the game. Here's what I've done so far. The data is by no means complete, especially in regards to hidden items, but here's what I've got so far, hope it helps people. I got up to the Battle Dome and didn't backtrack much.

http://pastebin.com/XiNKnsGf

If there's a better place to post this, let me know.

Question about Minior:

Does breeding a specific color only produce that color, or are the core colors randomized? Is there a factor in what color is determined?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)