SPOILERS! Pokemon Sun and Moon Full Game Datamine General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just really hope the johto/apricorn balls can be purchased. Why go to the extent of giving them capture animations if you only get a limited stock of them...? It just doesn't make sense.

How pointless a feature then it doesn't even seem like the pokemon from it are rare. Here I was thinking maybe it be like the dream world where there is a rare chance of the pokemon having a move it can't acquire by normal means...

Is it odd this is kinda comforting? Triples is the main format I played and liked them the most, but the fact they probably dropped it due to hardware rather then just tossing it aside because they didn't want it means it'll likely be back when Pokemon jumps to the new hardware. Assuming Switch is the thing.
I do hope they return, and I didn't even play Triples. Just for hordes if nothing else; Chaining seems like a decent but ultimately unworthy successor to me.

How pointless a feature then it doesn't even seem like the pokemon from it are rare. Here I was thinking maybe it be like the dream world where there is a rare chance of the pokemon having a move it can't acquire by normal means...
Not -completely- pointless. The more Pokemon in Poke Pelago, the more you can upgrade it.....
Hope they improve on it though.

Guys, can we improve the odd of fishing?
I'm trying to get Feebas...
Does Suction Cups still do the trick? Which alolan pokemon has it?

Apparently, the trick to fish rare Pokémon is to enter/exit the area until you find a spot with tippling water.
Fishing spots with rippling water have encounter slots where the usual rare Pokémon is way more frequent, and you can save/reset them if you don't get the Pokémon you want. (https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/5d5974/guide_how_to_catch_rare_1_pokemon_like_mareanie/ )

Someone should really make a list containing all the info on what pokemon can be summoned. Just learned that wild munchlax can call happini holding oval stones for help making early game blissey possible.
Someone listed all the Pokémon that can be called by others : http://pastebin.com/sV6rFcfA
This thread gathers most of the current information about ally calls : https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/5d55id/a_guide_to_chaining_for_pokemon_in_sunmoon/

I hope this question isnt on the thread yet, I tried looking for it. With this new form of chaining, it's being said you can get higher IV pokemon and their HAs. How do you know the pokemon that was summoned has it's HA? Besides the obvious ones that have the splash text appear on the side, or setting weather, of course.

Hey guys, just an update:
My Sun Moon spreadsheet dex is finished. Got dex entries, full movesets, almost everything!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...tk0FCRAx51xVkuOlcWaJk1zPvE/edit#gid=364158318

Some people have been asking for sprites too, but I don't have those atm. If anyone knows where I can mass-download all of them at once, I could maybe get that done.
This looks great! With regards to Pokédex entries, do you know which ones are from Sun and which are from Moon?

I hope this question isnt on the thread yet, I tried looking for it. With this new form of chaining, it's being said you can get higher IV pokemon and their HAs. How do you know the pokemon that was summoned has it's HA? Besides the obvious ones that have the splash text appear on the side, or setting weather, of course.
AFAIK you have to either Skill Swap it to check, or catch it and hope for the best

Using Skill Swap is the most reliable method, and probably the only blanket check for all mons. Other than that you need to prepare depending upon the specific ability you're targeting, for example in case of Rockruff(steadfast) flinch it with Fake Out, etc.

The easiest way to do know that is to use Entrainment/Worry Seed/Synchronize/Skill Swap to see what the Pokémon's ability was.
With a Smeargle (or two) you can combine False Swipe, an offensive move, Entrainment, Subsitute/Recycle
(Recycle if you don't have many Leppa Berries, Substitute if you have Leppa Berries in stock and if you want to avoid statuses and stat decreases)

You can also use one Pokémon with False Swipe and one Kadabra with Synchronize (ability) and Synchronize (move) + Substitute in order to check the ability of the allies that come while having a Pokémon with Synchronize and the nature you want on the field (Synchronize only works on allies if it is the ability of the currently fighting Pokémon).
Subsitute is here to avoid getting a status and bouncing it back to the opponent.
You can also use Skill Swap, or have a Pokémon with Purify in your party.

From people's tests, it seems that when the chain lenght reaches ~40, you are nearly sure to get 4 IVs to 31 (I haven't seen someone with more, so 5/6 IVs at 31 may not be forced for longer chains).
I don't really know at which chain value Hidden Abilities start to appear, though.
Regarding shinies, most of them have been found with chains of 40-120

The easiest way to do know that is to use Entrainment/Worry Seed/Synchronize/Skill Swap to see what the Pokémon's ability was.
With a Smeargle (or two) you can combine False Swipe, an offensive move, Entrainment, Subsitute/Recycle
(Recycle if you don't have many Leppa Berries, Substitute if you have Leppa Berries in stock and if you want to avoid statuses and stat decreases)

You can also use one Pokémon with False Swipe and one Kadabra with Synchronize (ability) and Synchronize (move) + Substitute in order to check the ability of the allies that come while having a Pokémon with Synchronize and the nature you want on the field (Synchronize only works on allies if it is the ability of the currently fighting Pokémon).
Subsitute is here to avoid getting a status and bouncing it back to the opponent.
You can also use Skill Swap, or have a Pokémon with Purify in your party.

From people's tests, it seems that when the chain lenght reaches ~40, you are nearly sure to get 4 IVs to 31 (I haven't seen someone with more, so 5/6 IVs at 31 may not be forced for longer chains).
I don't really know at which chain value Hidden Abilities start to appear, though.
Regarding shinies, most of them have been found with chains of 40-120
Looks like my Pokemon catcher, Gallade (named "Caesar"), will still be a top tier catcher with False Swipe, Hypnosis, Thief (for the heart scales) and now I'll add Skill Swap to him over Teleport. And I'll bring his posse of Synchronize Ralts of every nature.

Skill Swap, Worry Seed, Entrainment...
I use Carbink, learn Skill Swap by level up

Looks like my Pokemon catcher, Gallade (named "Caesar"), will still be a top tier catcher with False Swipe, Hypnosis, Thief (for the heart scales) and now I'll add Skill Swap to him over Teleport. And I'll bring his posse of Synchronize Ralts of every nature.
Oh yeah, False Swipe + Thief + Skill Swap + Subsitute and you're good to go. Too bad that it can't be obtained with the Island Radar. (Edit : Gallade doesn't have Synchronize, my bad.)
Else, you gave me the idea for another set :
Kadabra, Synchronize : Synchronize, .. , .. , ..
Smeargle : Ingrain, Minimize, Substitute, Baton Pass
Smeargle : Skill Swap, False Swipe, Ice Beam, Substitute (and a specific nature)

With this, you can get back Synchronize on Smeargle, be strong and bulky behind a Substitute, False Swipe a Pokémon to 1 HP (except Ghosts, else I would need another Baton Pass), kill allies with Ice Beam, and check for the HA using Skill Swap (using it twice to get back Synchronize on Smeargle).
You need a good amount of Leppa Berries to make this work, but they can be easily farmed.

However, I wonder if a Pokémon who copied Synchronize acts as a Synchronizer for allies. (Else it won't work) This needs to be tested.

Last edited:
Is there a double battle that can be redone to get moves onto Smeargle in Sun/Moon? Cause I don't remember if you can rebattle trainers.

Oh yeah, False Swipe + Thief + Skill Swap + Subsitute and you're good to go. Too bad that it can't be obtained with the Island Radar.
Else, you gave me the idea for another set :
Kadabra, Synchronize : Synchronize, .. , .. , ..
Smeargle : Ingrain, Minimize, Substitute, Baton Pass
Smeargle : Skill Swap, False Swipe, Ice Beam, Substitute (and a specific nature)

With this, you can get back Synchronize on Smeargle, be strong and bulky behind a Substitute, False Swipe a Pokémon to 1 HP (except Ghosts, else I would need another Baton Pass), kill allies with Ice Beam, and check for the HA using Skill Swap (using it twice to get back Synchronize on Smeargle).
You need a good amount of Leppa Berries to make this work, but they can be easily farmed.

However, I wonder if a Pokémon who copied Synchronize acts as a Synchronizer for allies. (Else it won't work) This needs to be tested.
So when a wild 'mon calls an ally, you have to have your synchronizer currently in battle for it's effect to apply to the newly summoned 'mon?

And oh well about Gallade's SuMo availability, I'll just use something else until postbank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)