NBA discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
J.J. Redick stopped Kobe 4 times in a row hahahaha. I'm pretty sure it's clear that Redick is the anti-Kobe.

And really I think Magic were just nervous Game 1. They dealt with the same type of performance that Kobe put up with LeBron James and they still overcame the Cavs. They shot 30% at the Field, of course they got dominated. Jameer had a good start for playing 2 months early from usual. Can't wait til when he starts dominating just like he did vs the Lakers during the regular season.

And anyways, why can't they just trade Dwight Howard to the Celtics? Seriously, that would be the greatest thing ever.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I dunno if I put my prediction in but dropping by in case, hopefully continuing my 100 % success rate these playoffs.

Lakers in 6

Did the Magic hire like really good actors?

If they can continue to play like this then they can easily win this series. The Lakers are really in a tight situation with Dwight. If they double team then Lewis and Turkolu(spelling) are gonna knock down threes. If Dwight isn't double teamed then Bynum gets in foul trouble really quick and the Magic dominate inside.

EDIT: THE ONE TIME THE FEARLESS COURTNEY LEE GETS A CHANCE TO DO SOMETHING MAJOR HE FAILS BY LIKE HALF A CENTIMETER. That would've been on one of those "Where Amazing Happens" commercials for next year.

EDIT2: I hope Courtney Lee cries hisself to sleep. Its on him. =P. I still feel confident about the Magic. They lost but they really can learn from this. I think they can take the next two games easily. Then they "might" be able to steal Game 5 in LA.

Oh my God, I can't believe Lee missed that final shot in regulation. Even I could have made that fucking shot. It was like 2-3 feet to the rim. Jeez.

Gotta give props to Gasol and Odom for making clutch free throws.

Oh my God, I can't believe Lee missed that final shot in regulation. Even I could have made that fucking shot. It was like 2-3 feet to the rim. Jeez.

Gotta give props to Gasol and Odom for making clutch free throws.
Well you gotta realize that the timing may not have been perfect and he was being pushed.

EDIT2: I hope Courtney Lee cries hisself to sleep. Its on him. =P. I still feel confident about the Magic. They lost but they really can learn from this. I think they can take the next two games easily. Then they "might" be able to steal Game 5 in LA.
Actually Game 5 is also in Orlando. The format is 2 in LA, 3 in Orlando, and 2 more back in LA.

Edit: I also feel that Lee should have hit that shot, but at the same time it was a difficult shot because he was flying underneath the backboard. It takes a perfectly angled bank to make a shot like that, something alot harder than it looks from the replay.

Did the Magic hire like really good actors?

If they can continue to play like this then they can easily win this series. The Lakers are really in a tight situation with Dwight. If they double team then Lewis and Turkolu(spelling) are gonna knock down threes. If Dwight isn't double teamed then Bynum gets in foul trouble really quick and the Magic dominate inside.

EDIT: THE ONE TIME THE FEARLESS COURTNEY LEE GETS A CHANCE TO DO SOMETHING MAJOR HE FAILS BY LIKE HALF A CENTIMETER. That would've been on one of those "Where Amazing Happens" commercials for next year.

game 5 is in orlando. The schedule for the Finals is different than the rest

Man, Courtney Lee... that would've been almost as sexy as Fisher's 0.4 seconds. But don't knock the poor kid too much. He was guarded well and 0.6 is barely enough time... shot looked good, my heart stopped when he put it up. But he's a rookie, he's not used to these types of situations yet :P

Still, even if orlando was to win tonight, Lakers would still take it 4-2 :D

game 5 is in orlando. The schedule for the Finals is different than the rest

Man, Courtney Lee... that would've been almost as sexy as Fisher's 0.4 seconds. But don't knock the poor kid too much. He was guarded well and 0.6 is barely enough time... shot looked good, my heart stopped when he put it up. But he's a rookie, he's not used to these types of situations yet :P

Still, even if orlando was to win tonight, Lakers would still take it 4-2 :D
Oh sorry didn't know x_x. I'm used to just watching the game. Well this is better for the magic. Gives them a chance to get this series in check. They just have to win all three times and steal a game in LA which might not be a steal considering the way they played tonight. They really didn't die on the offensive like usual until Overtime.

Poor Courtney Lee prolly got his confidence crushed =/. Orlando can bounce back I suppose. They've done it all playoffs. Why would they stop in the finals.

EDIT2: I hope Courtney Lee cries hisself to sleep. Its on him. =P. I still feel confident about the Magic. They lost but they really can learn from this. I think they can take the next
two games easily. Then they "might" be able to steal Game 5 in LA.
No, this series is over, especially if the Magic backcourt play like utter trash which they did in overtime. LA basically let Rafer and Reddick do whatever they wanted while focusing everything they had on Turko, Rashard, and Dwight, with the result being annihlation - I mean, who do the Magic have? Rafer? (Speaking as a Rockets fan, I am so happy we traded the guy. Brooks is definitely better, and Lowry is about the same leve while being cheaper, and younger) Reddick (LOL). Nelson (would be useful if he wasn't injured). The Lakers are just more talented, they have good length, Howard is FINALLY dealing with a good center in the playoffs, and the Lakers are finally actually serious about this thing. At this point, Orlando has no chance, and I would actually go and still argue that they are still the weakest out of the East's big three - Boston with KG beats them even with a healthy Nelson, and the Magic played utterly out of their minds and shot the three at ridiculous percentages against Cleveland. Now that their three-point percentage has fallen back to Earth, we see them for what they really are.

Yea annihilation is far from correct. The Magic have a decent chance to win, especially since they're next 3 games are at Orlando. People are counting the Magic out, but I think they have a good chance at winning. Hell, If it was Howard trying to make it with 0.6 left, it probably would've went in. (lol. Courtney Lee, poor rookie)

Yea annihilation is far from correct. The Magic have a decent chance to win, especially since they're next 3 games are at Orlando. People are counting the Magic out, but I think they have a good chance at winning. Hell, If it was Howard trying to make it with 0.6 left, it probably would've went in. (lol. Courtney Lee, poor rookie)
Yeah but everybody expects it to come from Howard which is why that play was a little bit better even though it BARELY missed.

Shaking my head at all you backing the Magic. This series is done... OVER.. finished. Even though the NBA has that dumbass 2-3-2 format (who the fuck thought of that, giving home court to the weaker team). You guys just continue to doubt the Lakers, and will continue to be disappointed. The Lakers haven't lossed 2 straight all playoffs, and won't start now. I hope you realize that they would have to do that TWICE in order for the Magic to win... NOT HAPPEN. Kobe Bryant is too good, the Lakers are too deep, Pau, Odom, and Bynum are holdin down the paint, and Phil Jackson never loses series when up 2-0, OR winning the first game.

ITS DONE!!!!!!!!

Loki

like seashells
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 7 Championwon the 3rd Official Smogon Tournament
yeah I think this series is basically finished too. winning 3 straight against this lakers team, even with homecourt, is pretty damn difficult. and if they dont sweep at home...well gl taking 2 in a row at staples. of course now we're gonna have to put up with the hordes of smug la bandwagoners until next year :(

Shaking my head at all you backing the Magic. This series is done... OVER.. finished. Even though the NBA has that dumbass 2-3-2 format (who the fuck thought of that, giving home court to the weaker team). You guys just continue to doubt the Lakers, and will continue to be disappointed. The Lakers haven't lossed 2 straight all playoffs, and won't start now. I hope you realize that they would have to do that TWICE in order for the Magic to win... NOT HAPPEN. Kobe Bryant is too good, the Lakers are too deep, Pau, Odom, and Bynum are holdin down the paint, and Phil Jackson never loses series when up 2-0, OR winning the first game.

ITS DONE!!!!!!!!
We'll see. I'm rooting for the Magic to win and I'm not gonna change that two games into the Finals.

of course now we're gonna have to put up with the hordes of smug la bandwagoners until next year :(
Yeah, that's the annoying part - at this point I really do think that the Lakers are the basketball equivalent of the Yankees, really. Ah, well - hopefully we can get someone useful in exchange for Tracy's expiring contract, and we'll kick LA's ass next year :P.

ITS DONE!!!!!!!!
^

That basically sums up my feelings right now. Magic don't have a chance. It's sad because Cavs v Lakers would've been such a sweet finals. What a waste.

^

That basically sums up my feelings right now. Magic don't have a chance. It's sad because Cavs v Lakers would've been such a sweet finals. What a waste.
Just because you want to see Lebron v. Kobe... that actually would've been a worse matchup. Odom would dominate the Cavs and what he couldn't do Kobe could...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)