Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Is it possible and not too much long to have the same ID and SID in my Pearl version with RNG Reporter's Pandora's Box ?
If yes, how do I do that ? =)
It is not possible to search for it to have matching ID SIDs. The only way you could do that is to search for exactly ID = XXXX SID = XXXX. If you actually care about this enough I can give you a custom program to do just that. VM me and I can whip it up quickly.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Yes. Three of the IVs come from the RNG, so you only need three perfect IVs between the parents (fewer if you don't need all the stats perfect).

Thanks.

So does that mean that if one parent has perfect IVs, and the other only has one stat with 31 IVs, then it is possible to get a perfect egg?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Thanks.

So does that mean that if one parent has perfect IVs, and the other only has one stat with 31 IVs, then it is possible to get a perfect egg?
yes. One of the parents can even have none of the desired IVs but you can still get a flawless egg.

I am totally stumped. Per the RuSa RNG guide with a dead battery, I abused to get my TID to target frame 3224 (PID d7d9aba1) and the TID I received 43937 matched the PID low (aba1).

After abusing for my Treecko, I received one with the IV ranges (Treecko - #252 (Naive) : 0 - 19 / 30 - 31 / 0 - 9 / 30 - 31 / 30 - 31 / 20 - 31) which matches my target frame's IVs 8/31/8/31/30/29 and nature. The only other potential frames I could have hit are not even close to my time:

To cut to the chase: Why the heck isn't this thing shiny? Am I complete idiot and abuse the TID/SID backwards? (I am an airhead so...) Is only Torchic or Mudkip shiny for that frame? So confused.

Thanks much as always, RNG masters.

Why the heck isn't this thing shiny?
It's because your SID isn't really 55257 (D7D9). It's really 61992 (F228). If you're using RNG reporter to search TIDs/SIDs, you should only be looking at the low PID. The SID will always come from the low PID on the frame right before the TID.

That being said, your target frame when abusing for your ID should be 3225, so that your TID and SID will be 55257 and 43937 respectfully.

I finally fucking re-figured out 4th Gen RNG Abuse after almost two years. I bred shit, but never caught anything. I need help figuring out what my have went wrong.

KC | 52708 | Hardy | Pressure
18 | | 8 | 10 | 19 | 6 | 11
Roar of Time | Heal Block | Earth Power | Slash

**Rebattle code was used
Retail cart abused (My friend's game)

I actually managed to hit my delay (602), but for some odd reason I must have miscounted my Journal flips or something. My frame was off by 43 >.>

How it happened: My target frame was 1307 and delay 602. If it helps, my target seed is 805028a. I entered my game at the right time, dismissing my opening journal (it just says 'Started from Spear Pillar'). I did the coin flip app to confirm that I hit my delay—which I did, and do 651 Journal flips to the best of my counting ability and walked 128 steps to advance the RNG by another 5. I swapped from the coin flip app to the pedometer to do so. I'm not sure if it has to do with the initial Journal message, switching the Poketch apps, or my counting.

I finally fucking re-figured out 4th Gen RNG Abuse after almost two years. I bred shit, but never caught anything. I need help figuring out what my have went wrong.

KC | 52708 | Hardy | Pressure
18 | | 8 | 10 | 19 | 6 | 11
Roar of Time | Heal Block | Earth Power | Slash

**Rebattle code was used
Retail cart abused (My friend's game)

I actually managed to hit my delay (602), but for some odd reason I must have miscounted my Journal flips or something. My frame was off by 43 >.>

How it happened: My target frame was 1307 and delay 602. If it helps, my seed is 805028a. I entered my game at the right time, dismissing my opening journal (it just says 'Started from Spear Pillar'). I did the coin flip app to confirm that I hit my delay—which I did, and do 651 Journal flips to the best of my counting ability and walked 128 steps to advance the RNG by another 5. I swapped from the coin flip app to the pedometer to do so. I'm not sure if it has to do with the initial Journal message, switching the Poketch apps, or my counting.
Switching apps is REALLY bad, if you switch to the wrong one you will end up with more advances than you probably bargained for, ESPECIALLY on egg breeding. Your best bet is to count the steps out loud as you do them (try to do this when roommates/family/girlfriends aren't around, it's annoying).

Also, try doing journal flips in sets of 100, write them down, then take a break. It gets tedious and you will lose track if you try to do them all at once, especially when it gets to 400+/etc. I try not to do them also at once.

Also, Delay 602 is bad. You want a delay of 630+ on Platinum just to account for the game loading. I think 599 is the absolute minimum, and you'd have to be right on time. Even with reflexes good enough to play MvC 2 and 3 I can't hit a delay that soon.

-James

Switching apps is REALLY bad, if you switch to the wrong one you will end up with more advances than you probably bargained for, ESPECIALLY on egg breeding. Your best bet is to count the steps out loud as you do them (try to do this when roommates/family/girlfriends aren't around, it's annoying).

Also, try doing journal flips in sets of 100, write them down, then take a break. It gets tedious and you will lose track if you try to do them all at once, especially when it gets to 400+/etc. I try not to do them also at once.

Also, Delay 602 is bad. You want a delay of 630+ on Platinum just to account for the game loading. I think 599 is the absolute minimum, and you'd have to be right on time. Even with reflexes good enough to play MvC 2 and 3 I can't hit a delay that soon.

-James
Eh, the Poketch must be it. Time to do this all over again I suppose. I counted in sets of 20's after watching bearsfan092's videos, so I got that down ;)

602 delay isn't all that hard for me, I've been able to consistently hit it. Maybe it's just me :/

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

It's because your SID isn't really 55257 (D7D9). It's really 61992 (F228). If you're using RNG reporter to search TIDs/SIDs, you should only be looking at the low PID. The SID will always come from the low PID on the frame right before the TID.

That being said, your target frame when abusing for your ID should be 3225, so that your TID and SID will be 55257 and 43937 respectfully.
Thank you so much GoldenBanana. The worst part is I hit 3225 about 5 times before I hit 3224... lol

Wouldn't it be easier if you found something with a higher delay and lower frame?
I still haven't gotten the desired IVs yet. I'm a noob at looking for seeds so that one looked good at the time. I got it off the spreadsheet in the onsite article and went from there.

I made a mistake in my previous post. My Target Frame is 1308 but since my friend already caught Cress and Mesprit, I figured I needed to advance the RNG by 1307, 651 flips and 128 steps with a party of five.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I still haven't gotten the desired IVs yet. I'm a noob at looking for seeds so that one looked good at the time. I got it off the spreadsheet in the onsite article and went from there.

I made a mistake in my previous post. My Target Frame is 1308 but since my friend already caught Cress and Mesprit, I figured I needed to advance the RNG by 1307, 651 flips and 128 steps with a party of five.
Search for a higher delay and you'll probably find the same spread on a lower frame, which will at least make it a lot less tedious even if it doesn't solve your problem.

Ok trying to RNG the Togepi from Elm's Aide, How would I go about doing this? I assume I'd blindly hit delays since I can't confirm right?
How would I advance frames since Elm won't have the 3 conditions met till post E4? Is it under Method 1?

im having some real trouble rnging eggs, and i know im missing something obvious so if you can help me out id appreciate it.

ok basically, i search the thing for seeds, frame min/max at 0 so i dont have to advance, and try my time. for example, this one (highlighted)
http://imageshack.us/f/543/eggn.jpg/

but i turn it on and i never hit the seed with the ivs and/or nature! in fact, i have once, i rnged a timid rotom with hp ice (31/something/30/31/31/31). but that was after i tried a numerous amount of seeds. now im trying for this ghastly one but i cant find one. so what am i doing wrong? i mash a from the end of the c gear menu so surely there shouldnt be any pidrng advancements?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
This thread is for gens 3 & 4 rng help, however, I can see what you're doing wrong. If you set the min/max advances to 0 you won't have to advance any frame, which sounds nice, but, there are NPCs in the area; there is nothing you can do to prevent this. I would recommed setting the minumin advances to 5 if I were you.

This thread is for gens 3 & 4 rng help, however, I can see what you're doing wrong. If you set the min/max advances to 0 you won't have to advance any frame, which sounds nice, but, there are NPCs in the area; there is nothing you can do to prevent this. I would recommed setting the minumin advances to 5 if I were you.
oh, sorry, which thread should i post in?

and ok sure; how will i know what pid frame ive hit and what time finder seed ive hit though? how will i know how off/on i am? and how do the npcs get a chance to advance my frame when i enter the game straight away?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
right here :)

Hit your seed and collect the egg, hatch it and compare its IVs to the frames on the main page of RNG reporter. To can also make this page to show the characteristics of the eggs which make the process a lot easier. After you know what PID you hit when you get the egg you can advance from there.

There's also the Chatot's pitch method; this method requires a good hearing though and takes a lot of practice to master. What you need to do basically, is hear the pitch of Chatot's cry when you look at its summary and compare it to the ones in the main page; but again, this is quite complicated.

To know if you hit your seed--more like timer0 actually-- you collect your egg and fly to a place with high-leveled pokemon, such as Victory Road, catch a Pokemon and compare its IVs to the ones in the main page; that's Gen 5 IVs (standard seed- Wild Pokemon method). If the IVs don't match to those found up to frame 20iirc, then you didn't hit your timer0.

NPCs start moving when the season screen comes up; you don't have control over your character at that time.

right here :)

Hit your seed and collect the egg, hatch it and compare its IVs to the frames on the main page of RNG reporter. To can also make this page to show the characteristics of the eggs which make the process a lot easier. After you know what PID you hit when you get the egg you can advance from there.

There's also the Chatot's pitch method; this method requires a good hearing though and takes a lot of practice to master. What you need to do basically, is hear the pitch of Chatot's cry when you look at its summary and compare it to the ones in the main page; but again, this is quite complicated.

To know if you hit your seed--more like timer0 actually-- you collect your egg and fly to a place with high-leveled pokemon, such as Victory Road, catch a Pokemon and compare its IVs to the ones in the main page; that's Gen 5 IVs (standard seed- Wild Pokemon method). If the IVs don't match to those found up to frame 20iirc, then you didn't hit your timer0.

NPCs start moving when the season screen comes up; you don't have control over your character at that time.
ah, fortunately for me i am a trained musician and have a good ear, in fact ive used that chatot thing a couple of times when rng legendaries! how do i generate the pidrng frames for my seed though? is it the 'gift pokemon' method that i'm looking for?

ah, fortunately for me i am a trained musician and have a good ear, in fact ive used that chatot thing a couple of times when rng legendaries! how do i generate the pidrng frames for my seed though? is it the 'gift pokemon' method that i'm looking for?
try breeding bw.

edit: please redirect questions Here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)