Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Really? Do a search of H-2 shiny only with no sync first, then change the sync nature to match the nature of the first shiny spread. That usually yields more encounter slots.

Yeah, it really is. I am able to get an earlier relaxed slot though at 50640 but that is a terrible nature for a Froslass :P I went through all the possible synch natures to see and that is still the earliest for a slot of 6, 9 or 11.

On the topic of H-2, I remember reading that synch does not work on Method 1 Pokémon like Kyogre but there is an option for H-1. Is Kyogre an Method H-1 or still just regular Method 1?

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Sync does not work on stationary Pokémon in 3rd gen as they're Method 1. H-4 and H-1 spreads are possible for wild Pokémon but they're uncommon. In fact for R/S wild Pokémon H-1 is the most common method apparently.

I figured as much :toast:

Thank you so much for all your help! She doesn't seem to hate the idea of having an Aggron as her contest Pokémon so everything is groovy ^_^

Thank you again! :)

So I just got into doing anything with rng and now have the lovely work of trying to get myself as good of a ditto as I can for breeding purposes in gen IV. Seemed like it was simple enough to do method 2 with sweet scent in the Desert Underpass on emerald. Ends up not letting me use sweet scent so I'm coming here to ask where my best bet to start trying to get one would be from a more experienced crowd.

Is it even possible to get a decent spread with multiple 31 IVs in emerald?

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
First off you cannot use Sweet Scent on the first tile of Desert Underpass. Anywhere else and you're good to go.

Next you'll want to search for Emerald non-split breeding spreads that inherit all IVs from one parent (one for special and one for physical), then RNG a Ditto with 31s in those slots (H-2, search no sync first then once you find a spread change sync to match that spread). I recall one of them being fairly early while the other was over 100k frames.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
I would recommed capturing ditto in gen 4. you will have an easier time rnging and will find better spreads. Finding multiple 31 ivs spread in Emerald is very diffucult, if even possible, and the amount it takes to rng makes the process no worth it in my opinion. If you're still up for it, moving a few steps away from the exit should make it.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Whoops I missed the part where you wanted the Dittos for 4th gen purposes... yeah get them in 4th gen if you don't plan on using them for 3rd gen.

I feel incredibly stupid for not realizing that it was only the first tile...wow, thought it was all caves

Since it seems gen IV would be recommended, is it possible to do in diamond/pearl considering ditto is only a pokeradar find?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Ditto is available in all 4th gen games, though, I would say hgss would be the easiest game to rng it on. It is also available in gen 5 in the giant chasm

And I'm positive you'll find better spreads

If lets say...I don't have hgss (x.x I know it feels like a sin, working on fixing that) any chance you could point me in the direction of how to go about rnging for a pokeradar only? Or should I just not bother

Am I wrong in my understanding that there isn't a way to use the time for a set seed in diamond to decrease the frame like you can in black/white? Please tell me I am.

One would probably take out the battery that powers the clock while the GC/Wii is off/unplugged. I've done that by mistake once and my clock reset (the battery on the Wii is accessible with a standard screwdriver, no real tampering required).
What about the GCN? Would I need a 4.5mm security bit opener to remove the battery? I'm thinking [if Colo/XD RNG abuse becomes feasible on a retail cart] I'd prefer doing this on the GCN since I'd rather risk it than my Wii, and the Wii actually makes use of the clock.

EDIT: Apparently it's the CMOS battery, so all settings are lost when it's removed. Yeah, I'd definitely rather do this on the GCN...

Encounter slots should still work with sweet scent rnging correct? I keep getting a different pokemon than the encounter slot says I should, but the IVs are correct.

It seems I'm using normal non-cgear rng and the encounter slot is linked to the pid...so I guess I might be out of luck this way. crap.

Need help with RNG Perfect IV/Nature

Hello guys,

First I want to say thank you so much to everyone who contributed. I'm really new to the idea of RNG and am starting with Heartgold, so this has been a pretty complicated process for me, trying to make sense of the Diamond version of RNG.

I know I'm doing something wrong, so can someone help me? I want a Modest Male Feebas with 5 31's, with any IV on Attack in the end, so I'm chain breeding right now.

What I did was:

-Found my Time/Delay range using the calibration process of catching a high level pokemon at Mt. Silver with exactly 5 pokemon in my party.

-Used that range and entered it into the "4th Generation Time Finder" as well as the IV's of the parents (I know which one is A and B) and I also put in reasonable IV goals. (Currently, I want the baby to hatch with 3 31 IV's)

-Entered in min frame as 3 with no max frame (I'm not interested in advancing frames, since I don't have pokerus Elm)

-Once I got a bunch of potential seeds, I copied it onto clipboard and pasted it into "Seed to Time" and picked one.

-Synched DS time with external clock and entered the game and collected 1st egg right away before wandering NPC could move. Hatched egg. Did not work.

My questions are:

1) Did I do something wrong in the above steps?
2) Was it wrong to assume starting frame of 3? I checked "One frame only"
3) How do I control the gender of the baby?
4) Do I just pick up the first egg, after entering with the correct seed? Or do I reject eggs/call Elm?

Ideally, can anyone give me a short, quick, easy to follow list of steps of what I should do to IV/Nature breed a perfect pokemon? Bullet points would be perfect.

Thank you so much to whoever helps! I appreciate it.

Hi Aerus and welcome to Smogon!

I'm glad that you've started to RNG abuse with Heart Gold because it's very easy to start with when compared to much more tricky DPP RNG Abuse.

However, it's very hard to tell what you've done wrong without more detailed information about your RNG abuse progress (aka screenshots from RNGReporter, are you using any timer for soft-resetting etc.).

Anyway, I highly recommend to watch this video for HGSS breeding:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El5VZ2OMEPU

1) Did I do something wrong in the above steps?
2) Was it wrong to assume starting frame of 3? I checked "One frame only"
3) How do I control the gender of the baby?
4) Do I just pick up the first egg, after entering with the correct seed? Or do I reject eggs/call Elm?
1) You've found your calibrated delay/second which makes things easier. But instead of frame 3, you should search for IVs from frame 1 (set min/max frame to 1). That way you don't need to do any advances. Same goes for the nature/shininess: Start searching always from frame 1. Set higher delay range if you don't get any results (use EonTimer to hit your target delay).

2) See 1.

3) On Shiny Egg tab there's a filter option which allows you to search for seeds that produce baby pokémon with nature/gender you want most. You can check the gender ration from bulbapedia/serebii.

4) RNG Abuse Breeding of HGSS games has 2 steps:

1. RNG Abuse of Nature/Gender/Shininess
You save your game in front of the Day-Care-Lady with both parent pokémon in your party. Then you hit your target time and verify that you've hit your seed with Elm calls/Roamers (Yes you really have to show Togepi for prof. Elm, visit Kanto region and have pokérus infected in your game).

Once you've hit your seed run around until Day-Care-Man has the egg and save in front of him. Take the egg, hatch it and see if it has correct nature. Then you can turn the DS off without saving.

2. RNG Abuse for IVs

You need to find a new seed for IVs you want. Hit your new Seed and verify it with Elm Calls/roamer method. If you hatch the egg and it has correct IVs and nature, congratz, you've done everything right. :)

Hi Aerus and welcome to Smogon!

I'm glad that you've started to RNG abuse with Heart Gold because it's very easy to start with when compared to much more tricky DPP RNG Abuse.

However, it's very hard to tell what you've done wrong without more detailed information about your RNG abuse progress (aka screenshots from RNGReporter, are you using any timer for soft-resetting etc.).

Anyway, I highly recommend to watch this video for HGSS breeding:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El5VZ2OMEPU

1) You've found your calibrated delay/second which makes things easier. But instead of frame 3, you should search for IVs from frame 1 (set min/max frame to 1). That way you don't need to do any advances. Same goes for the nature/shininess: Start searching always from frame 1. Set higher delay range if you don't get any results (use EonTimer to hit your target delay).

2) See 1.

3) On Shiny Egg tab there's a filter option which allows you to search for seeds that produce baby pokémon with nature/gender you want most. You can check the gender ration from bulbapedia/serebii.

4) RNG Abuse Breeding of HGSS games has 2 steps:

1. RNG Abuse of IVs
You save your game in front of the Day-Care-Lady with both parent pokémon in your party. Then you hit your target time and verify that you've hit your seed with Elm calls/Roamers (Yes you really have to show Togepi for prof. Elm, visit Kanto region and have pokérus infected in your game).

Once you've hit your seed run around until Day-Care-Man has the egg and save in front of him. Take the egg, hatch it and see if it has correct IVs. Then you can turn the DS off without saving.

2. RNG Abuse for Nature/Gender/Shininess

You need to find a new seed for nature/gender you want and you will use the Shiny Egg tab (4th Gen Time Finder) for that. Hit your new Seed and verify it with Elm Calls/roamer method. If you hatch the egg and it has correct nature/gender/is shiny, congratz, you've done everything right. :)
Thank you so much for such a timely response. I figured out what I did wrong now - I didn't understand what "frame" meant exactly.

Apparently, because I'm using HG, I'm almost always starting at frame 1, since I mash X pretty quickly, which prevents the NPC from moving. Since I have no roamers, I'm usually at frame 1.

I also understand about the nature/gender now. It's exactly like shinies - predetermined once the man has an egg waiting for you, but not like IV's where they're determined right when you receive the egg.

Thank you so much and we all appreciate your dedication!

I'm trying to RNG the newmoon island darkrai and I am hitting my seed and advancing my frames, but I'm not getting the results I want. I'm using Method J and assuming that the darkrai advances the frame by 1.

Encounter slots should still work with sweet scent rnging correct? I keep getting a different pokemon than the encounter slot says I should, but the IVs are correct.

It seems I'm using normal non-cgear rng and the encounter slot is linked to the pid...so I guess I might be out of luck this way. crap.
You should check the encounter slots for that pokemon in the Route you are, I use a shiny to verify my Sweet Scent Advancements in HGSS, it was 2 in Tall Grass, on the bike and 3 when Surfing.

Hello, Recently I've been RNG'ing latias on HG (Method 1, Timid, HP fire 70) but I keep hitting a delay of 493 or 495 when I'm trying to hit delay 494... I saved inside the pokemon fanclub and I'm verifying my seed with the roamers (Entei&Raikou). Though eontimer's update function doesn't account for it, so I'm pretty much blocked... Please, if anyone has any idea about it ^^'...

Hello, Recently I've been RNG'ing latias on HG (Method 1, Timid, HP fire 70) but I keep hitting a delay of 493 or 495 when I'm trying to hit delay 494... I saved inside the pokemon fanclub and I'm verifying my seed with the roamers (Entei&Raikou). Though eontimer's update function doesn't account for it, so I'm pretty much blocked... Please, if anyone has any idea about it ^^'...
Try adding 1 to the year, if you were aiming for 2012, just change it to 2013.

Thank you, I'll try it just now ;) I also have two question though... The first one is about the pokémon rng'd...Is a mewtwo 31/31/31/31/31/31 acquired by RNG considered legit or have I to make it 31/?/30/31/30/31 ? The last one is about Chatot and frame advancement, I have two with chatter, Have I to hear the full cry before switching to the other?

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Anything that can be obtained game without the aid of any external directly altering the game/hardware is 100% legal. Of course for competitive purposes there are deemed illegal things even though they're possible (unintended movesets due to either the Pomeg berry glitch or Mimic/Rage glitch).

In short go 31/31/31/31/31/31 and anyone who says otherwise is a RNG abuse hater.

I'm trying to RNG the newmoon island darkrai and I am hitting my seed and advancing my frames, but I'm not getting the results I want. I'm using Method J and assuming that the darkrai advances the frame by 1.
Still having problems. I'm using chatots to advance my frame and I'm using this seed- 010B042F

I chattered 12 times and the result I got did not show up anywhere on RNG reporter. I got a quirky nature and ivs that didn't match up with anything I saw.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Still having problems. I'm using chatots to advance my frame and I'm using this seed- 010B042F

I chattered 12 times and the result I got did not show up anywhere on RNG reporter. I got a quirky nature and ivs that didn't match up with anything I saw.
Are you using a synchronizer lead? Do your chatots have a customized chatter? Are you sure you're not hitting frame 15?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)