Misdreavus

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcae

plaza athénée
is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
Overview
########

Misdreavus is one of the most versatile Pokemon in Little Cup. It may seem that the Knock Off buff and Hidden Power nerf hurt this queen of Little Cup, but a few factors contribute to it still being one of the best Pokemon in Little Cup. The Ghost STAB boost increased the viability of offensive sets, and also lessened Misdreavus' reliability on Hidden Power Fighting. Also, it deals solidly with some of the top threats in the metagame thanks to its bulk and movepool.

Nasty Plot
########
name: Nasty Plot Attacker
move 1: Nasty Plot
move 2: Shadow Ball
move 3: Dazzling Gleam / Hidden Power [Fighting]
move 4: Destiny Bond / Will-o-Wisp / Substitute
ability: Levitate
item: Eviolite / Berry Juice
evs: 236 SpA / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
nature: Timid

Moves
========
  • Nasty Plot is the obvious boosting move, allows Misdreavus' already high Special Attack to skyrocket.
  • Shadow Ball is the obvious STAB move, OHKOs an incredible amount of Pokemon at +2 and is blessed with the arguably best offensive type in Little Cup
  • Dazzling Gleam is the new released move for Misdreavus, and notably OHKOs Scraggy, once the bane of Misdreavus, while still hitting Vullaby super effectively and Pawniard neutrally.
  • Hidden Power Fighting is still one of the best options for Misdreavus, notably dealing with Pawniard without boosting, and it can also 2HKO Porygon, a very common Misdreavus answer.
  • Destiny Bond is nowadays the optimal move for Misdreavus to run, as it prevents Carvanha from setting up on Misdreavus, and also can pick off Pawniards and disincentivize Sucker Punch.
  • Will-o-Wisp is very notable in the current metagame, due to it burning the omnipresent physical attackers of Little Cup and essentially taking them out of the game.
  • Substitute is also a worthy move, allowing Missy set-up on status spreading Pokemon and avoiding Pawniard's Sucker Punch
Set Details
========
  • EVs are standard max/max with the extra point thrown in Special Defense
  • Run 240 SpA / 240 Spe if you are using HP Fighting
  • Eviolite grants Misdreavus even greater bulk, giving it excellent bulk to set up with.
  • Berry Juice is also great to set up on resisted hits or weaker ones, and gain back to full health.
Usage Tips
========
  • Simply bring in Misdreavus on any Pokemon unable to touch it, then notch a Nasty Plot in order to begin smashing in the opponent.
  • Early game, you can simply spam Will-o-Wisp in order to cripple the opponent, then set up Nasty Plot later.
  • With Eviolite, Misdreavus does best mid to late game cleaning.
  • With Berry Juice, Misdreavus is best used as an early to mid game wallbreaker. Substitute is recommended mostly to be used with Berry Juice.
Team Options
========
  • Fighting types partner this set well, as Misdreavus despises bulky Normal Pokemon like Porygon and Munchlax, who as such fear Fighting types.
  • Scarf Pokemon and Speed Boosters partner this well offensively as well, as they can clean after Misdreavus rips holes through the opponent's team.
Choice
########
name: Choiced Attacker
move 1: Trick
move 2: Shadow Ball
move 3: Dazzling Gleam
move 4: Nasty Plot
item: Choice Specs / Choice Scarf
evs: 236 SpA / 36 SpD / 236 Spe

Moves
========
  • Trick is the key move of the choiced sets; it cripples any Pokemon of your choice after you deem the choice item's utility being done. This allows it generally to cripple the opponent's best answer to Misdreavus.
  • Shadow Ball is the main powerful STAB, and is a great move to spam while choiced in XY.
  • Dazzling Gleam is the optimal complimentary move to Shadow Ball, allowing the scarf sets to revenged Scraggy, and also garners great coverage along with Shadow Ball.
  • Nasty Plot may seem unusual on a choiced Pokemon, but one of the best utilities is Tricking your Specs/Scarf and cripple the opponent's Misdreavus counter, then sweeping with Nasty Plot
Set Details
========
  • EVs are standard max/max with the extra point thrown in Special Defense
  • Choice Specs grants a decent amount of initial power, but generally is a more crippling item for walls to hold.
  • Choice Scarf has more utility, as it can actually revenge sweepers, and generally will Trick its Scarf later, if ever. It is a great choice for a revenge killer.
Usage Tips
========
  • If using Choice Specs, scout your opponent's answers to Misdreavus. Around mid game, you can trick that answer and then set up and attempt a sweep if the conditions are right.
  • If you are using the Choice Scarf set, analyze your opponent's team to see how useful it will be. Generally, do not Trick this early in the game like the Specs set; wait nearer to the end game to Trick the Scarf and set up to sweep.
Team Options
========
  • This set generally tries to open its own set up opportunities through the use of Trick, but it appreciates Fighting support for stuff like Pawniard and Porygon that can pose problems as well.

Bulky Support
########
name: Bulky Support
move 1: Shadow Ball
move 2: Will-o-Wisp
move 3: Taunt / Substitute
move 4: Dazzling Gleam
item: Berry Juice
evs: 36 HP / 236 SpA / 236 Spe

Moves
========
  • Shadow Ball is the main STAB, standard fare with a consistent damage output.
  • Will-o-Wisp is very important on this set, oriented towards distributing burns. Burn is extremely notable in the current metagame, making this a necessity.
  • Taunt has always been one of the best moves when used correctly. Misdreavus can outspeed and Taunt every single Smasher in LC. It can also defeat defensive Pokemon and hazard Pokemon through this.
  • Substitute can be used instead in order to avoid Sucker Punch and Knock Off from Pokemon such as Pawniard.
  • Dazzling Gleam, Misdreavus' new move, has better neutral coverage with Ghost and notably OHKOs Scraggy.
Set Details
========
  • EVs are standard due to the fact that Misdreavus has solid enough natural bulk, and the 19 speed tier is very valuable.
  • Berry Juice is the item of choice due to the fact Misdreavus has no reliable recovery, making the full HP restoring very valuable.
  • Thunderbolt is an option in the last slot to hit Waters hard, but they are often not relevant enough to warrant its use.
Usage Tips
========
  • Misdreavus should generally just burn switch ins early game and try to cripple the entire team to simplify the life of another Pokemon.
  • This set functions well as a lead due to both Taunt and Will-o-Wisp, as well as it having a generally good matchup with most Pokemon.
Team Options
========
  • This Misdreavus is an excellent partner to many Dark types, most notably Pawniard, as Will-o-Wisp allows Pawniard to set up much better.
  • It also functions as a solid enough Meditite counter for teams that need it, while being glue generally.
Other Options
########
  • Misdreavus can run a Calm Mind set in order to beat specific stalls, but the set is generally too slow to be effective.
  • In terms of individual move options, Misdreavus can run Icy Wind to slow down switch ins, though it is generally too weak
  • Heal Bell is an option on the bulky support set in order to be an offensive cleric.
  • Taunt is an option on all the offensive Misdreavus sets, but Substitute is generally a better option.
Checks & Counters
########
  • Misdreavus can have different counters depending on moveset.
  • If Misdreavus isn't carrying Hidden Power Fighting, Porygon, Lickitung, and bulky Normal types of the sort all counter it.
  • If Misdreavus is carrying Hidden Power Fighting over Dazzling Gleam, Vullaby becomes a great counter.
  • Misdreavus is checked by Pawniard if it isn't running Hidden Power Fighting.
  • It is also checked by Murkrow regardless of its moveset, although Hidden Power Fighting Misdreavus is more countered by Murkrow.

Last edited:

BASED

Banned deucer.
Hi im not good at lc so I dont have much to say but something I noticed is on the nasty plot set you put 236atk EVs instead of 236Spa so change that lol. :]

Also, to add to what Inside said, 36 SpD EVs do not provide any increase in SpD, so putting those in Def is probably preferable.

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Dazzling Gleam isn't released for Misdreavus; at least, not according to Showdown.

absdaddy

Banned deucer.
My opinion probably doesn't matter much, but i would definitely add Specs+Trick here;

Misdreavus (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
Level: 5
EVs: 236 Spd / 236 SAtk / 36 SDef
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam/tbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
- Nasty Plot

I mean, it was (imo) the best Misdreavus set generation ago, and i think it at least deserves a mention here. Specs Shadowball early game can oneshot or badly hurt quite a lot of things,and Trick is obviously to cripple something that could otherwise pose a threat to Misdreavus. With Dazzling Gleam and Shadow ball Misdreavus has excellent coverage, and after crippling desired mon with Trick(most notably Pawniard and Murkrow,both of them will SuckerPunch most of the time just to be crippled and rekt later+you now have Eviolite/Juice), it can pull Nasty Plot sweep later. This is especially good because now when Gligar is gone Missy can run Dazzling Gleam>Icy Wind and still be very effective.

On Nasty Plot set, maybe mention Taunt as an option over WoW or Substitute, but mention the other two generally have more use: Substitute blocks status, and nothing would set up in front of Missy, anyway, while WoW cripples offensive mons, and gives walls more damage over time.

Also, the set has 236 EVs in Atk, as someone already mentioned, and I don't think 36 EVs put an extra point in SpD, you'd need 76 for that. Put the extra 36 into Def. Be sure to remove mentions of Gligar, and as such, remove Icy Wind from the bulky set, as it is no longer needed.

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Misdreavus can learn Destiny Bond only when obtained from:
  • gen 3 egg: duskull, gastly, gengar, gulpin, ...
  • gen 4 egg: drifloon, duskull, gastly, gengar, ...
  • gen 5 dream world
  • gen 5 egg: cofagrigus, drifloon, duskull, gastly, ...
  • gen 6 egg
Destiny Bond in OO?

Al_Alchemist

Physics and Math \O/
is a Past SPL Champion
real talk tho, these are my thoughts.

Format
-Far be it from me to criticize grammar or format, but I'd like some clarification if I'm wrong about this anyway:

-The "SET NAME" above the ######## should match the "name: SET NAME", so take off the Attacker parts on Nasty Plot and Choice sets, Misdreavus does a fair bit of "non-attacking attacking" anyway.

-No brackets on Hidden Power Fighting (Nasty Plot set).

-It's Will-O-Wisp not Will-o-Wisp (the O is supposed to be capitalized).

Overview
-Maybe mention that it can now switch out of Shadow Tag from Gothita and Wynaut, and that Ghost-Type moves hit Steel-Types for neutral damage now, unless that gets too cluttered or something.
Nasty Plot
-Please state the reason why you chose 36 SpD instead of 36 HP, with damage calculations not just saying that it's an eviolite number ;). Otherwise, I would have you change it to 36 HP, as I've seen more than a couple of damage calculations that hit Misdreavus for a max of 22 HP, so that extra HP can sometimes be crucial (will provide damage calculations once I remember them and/or have time). The 36 SpD is probably more justified on a set with Will-O-Wisp and/or Berry Juice, however, 36 HP seems to be the better overall option just because it's HP and not a single defense.

-Note that with Eviolite, you can live non-LO Pawniard's Sucker Punch and OHKO it back with Hidden Power Fighting, how fun! Or use Will-O-Wisp if you want to miss.

Choice
-Again 36 SpD to 36 HP, read above.

-This may be a bit "slash-itis," but I'd honestly like to see Hidden Power Fighting slashed onto Dazzling Gleam, if not first, as well as both Destiny Bond / Will-O-Wisp slashed onto Nasty Plot.

-Hidden Power Fighting gives you a 60BP SE move, instead of an 80BP neutral move, against Zigzagoon, Porygon, Lickitung, Munchlax, and Lileep; all common special tanks that often switch into Misdreavus or deadly sweepers that LC Players often forget about, respectively. Also, if you have Choice Scarf you can really surprise OHKO a +1 Carvanha and Choice Scarf Pawniard, which is a relatively common enough Misdreavus check to be relevant. You could also Trick them, then proceed to murder them with HP Fighting, should they figure that they're now useless with Choice Specs / Choice Scarf and try to sacrificially attack you to their last breath.

-Destiny Bond is excellent with Choice Scarf, but Choice Specs Misdreavus isn't exactly slow either, as it gives you a last ditch surprise kill against a Pokemon that you wouldn't have been able to kill otherwise.

-Will-O-Wisp is also cool for team support and just crippling physical Pokemon, namely Pawniard; and helps you become a psuedo-Bulky Support Misdreavus if you can Trick a couple of Berry Juices your way.

-In team options, you can mention Pokemon that would love the previously mentioned special tanks having been Tricked a Choice item, such as Calm Mind Spritzee or other Pokemon with set-up moves.

Bulky Support
-What is with you and those 36 EVs, why here, why now xD.

-I'd like to reiterate Hidden Power Fighting as a slash next to Dazzling Gleam, because of it hitting the previously mentioned Pokemon in the Choice set section. It can allow you to OHKO Pokemon, such as Zigzagoon, if it happens to be the safer option over Will-O-Wisp.

-You knew this was coming: where is the bulkier spread? I don't know a "good" bulkier spread for Bulky Support Misdreavus, but I feel like there should at least be some mention to a more defensive option, which could be useful in certain situations.

-Likewise, mention Eviolite as an option, but acknowledge that Berry Juice is superior when you can Burn a Pokemon to weaken their attack, or hide behind a Substitute.

-Perhaps slash Destiny Bond third next to Taunt / Substitute, once Misdreavus gets close to being KOd (after much pivoting and burning Pokemon) could nab you a OHKO, but you lose out on beating stuff like Porygon, Lickitung, and Lileep. Although if Destiny Bond being somewhat common, the surprise could be harder to pull off. I'd say make of a mention of it somewhere, if we still do that on set individual sets.

-Move Thunderbolt to Other Options section, while Thunderbolt hits Mantyke, Vullaby, and Murkrow for SE damage and Normal-Types for more damage than Dazzling Gleam (I think, sometimes LC calculations need a bigger jump to change), it fails to get the OHKO or SE damage that Dazzling Gleam gets on Scraggy or other Fighting-Types.

Other Options
-Speaking of Other Options:

-Memento to help other Pokemon set-up and sweep, Zigzagoon can be a real dick with it.

-Pain Split on the Bulky Support set over Taunt / Substitute is an option, although with Misdreavus having rather above average HP it can be rather mediocre.

-Thunder Wave and Toxic and generally good status moves for speedy and/or bulky Pokemon, but Will-O-Wisp can often be superior in Little Cup and for Misdreavus in general.

-Power Gem for if you hate Larvesta (who is actually pretty hard for Misdreavus to take down), and it still hits Vullaby and Murkrow for SE damage, so hey, that's something.

Checks & Counters
-Pawniard and Vullaby also hate Will-O-Wisp.

-Carvanha can Protect to get a Speed Boost, then outspeed non-Choice Scarf variants and OHKO with Life Orb Crunch.

-Be wary of Misdreavus possibly using Destiny Bond for all checks and counters, however.

-Spritzee walls the Bulky Support set as it is immune to Taunt, has access to Aromatherapy and/or Calm Mind, and is not 2HKOd by Shadow Ball.

-Houndour and Stunky fare well against most variants, although they lack recovery and Stunky dislikes Will-O-Wisp.

---

Make these changes then (at least mention that a bulkier spread on the Bulky Support set is possible, but you'd miss the Spe and/or SpA or something):

QC APPROVED 1/3

Last edited:

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
tbh in choice i'd like it to be:
-Trick
-Shadow Ball
-Dazzling Gleam / Nasty Plot
-Hidden Power Fighting / Nasty Plot

DBond is okay too I guess, but I think wisp is a bit of a waste @ Al_Alchemist.

[this doesn't count as a QC check]

Al_Alchemist

Physics and Math \O/
is a Past SPL Champion
tbh in choice i'd like it to be:
-Trick
-Shadow Ball
-Dazzling Gleam / Nasty Plot
-Hidden Power Fighting / Nasty Plot

DBond is okay too I guess, but I think wisp is a bit of a waste @ Al_Alchemist.

[this doesn't count as a QC check]
On second thought, yeah, I haven't had much experience with using Choice Misdreavus, but when I did use it, it was similar to the set you just posted Corkscrew, which had at least moderate success. I agree with Will-O-Wisp being a bit wasteful, especially if you use Choice Specs, but I'd still like to urge Destiny Bond as a slash, if only for the utility of Choice Scarf Destiny Bond. I'd argue that the set should be:

-Trick
-Shadow Ball
-Dazzling Gleam / Hidden Power Fighting
-Hidden Power Fighting / Destiny Bond / Nasty Plot

If that looks too ugly, then perhaps Nasty Plot (I know sorry man) could be knocked off the last slot, as it is unusable until you use Trick and whether or not you'll have enough HP or opportunities to pull of a Nasty Plot thereafter, is a bit risky. Just mention it in the main set still? Unless it is far more useful than I think it is, it just seems a bit hard to pull off.

Since you have Choice Specs as the first slash, which I agree with, here's how I'd order it. For Choice Specs, I'd go for Dazzling Gleam and HP Fighting as the first priority, since Porygon and Lileep with a Tricked Choice Specs are probably going to hurt if you try to set up on it and surprising Eviolite Vullaby and (Eviolite) Murkrow with Specs Dazzling Gleam (doesn't OHKO Eviolite Murkrow without SR unfortunately, Vullaby needs prior damage on top of that, but it is easily 2HKOd if it tries to switchin) is bound to be hilarious. Choice Specs Hidden Power Fighting works as well as it can 2HKO Modest Porygon and 2HKO Wall Porygon (236 HP / 76+ SpD) with SR about ~88.7% of the time. Destiny Bond could go with either of the two, as it can help in last ditch efforts, especially since Misdreavus is so damn threatening. You could even feign a Berry Juice Substitute set if you switch into a weak enough attack, then surprise your opponent with Destiny Bond, as their number 1 priority will probably be to not let Misdreavus get up a Substitute or Nasty Plot, then boom they're dead (but of course so are you). Destiny Bond also helps for if you double switch into a Carvanha, Destiny Bond would be your safest option if you couldn't switch to anything else, although Substitute Carvanha is bound to be scary.

Obviously if your opponent discovers or guesses Destiny Bond, that could end in them setting up for a sweep or simply Status'ing Misdreavus to death, so it requires some prediction, but it's usually not too difficult to guess that a Pokemon is going to try to attack your Misdreavus.

If you use Choice Scarf, I'd argue a priority of HP Fighting and Nasty Plot, to better set up on and defeat your common Normal-Type switch-ins thinking that you're the standard Nasty Plot set. Second, Dazzling Gleam with Destiny Bond to have 3 different moves to play mindgames against Murkrow if you have to. You have Dazzling Gleam for Brave Bird / Substitute / Defog, and you have Destiny Bond / Trick for Life Orb Krow who usually has only attacking moves and they might think you'll switch or use Will-O-Wisp to avoid Sucker Punch.

--

Also here's a calc to support 36 HP EVs on the Choice set or just non Eviolite sets.

236 Atk Berry Juice Murkrow Brave Bird vs. 36 HP / 0 Def (NOT EVIOLITE) Misdreavus: 19-24 (82.6 - 104.3%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
(19, 19, 19, 21, 21, 21, 21, 21, 21, 22, 22, 22, 22, 22, 22, 24)

--

Thanks for your input Corkscrew!

edit:
Hey so, here are some interesting EV Spreads for Bulky Support Misdreavus that I'm going to test soon, that make it not completely afraid of Murkrow. Can't really "lure it" out though probably, not many players are too keen on switching in their Murkrow on something with Will-O-Wisp, Dazzling Gleam, and speed ties attacking moves with it. Having Max Speed+ and no Recovery move really limits your defensive scope, however.

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
EVs: 116 HP / 116 Def / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Dazzling Gleam

0 SpA Misdreavus Dazzling Gleam vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Life Orb Naive Murkrow: 20-24 (90.9 - 109%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO (Guaranteed after Life Orb Recoil, Brave Bird Recoil, or Stealth Rock damage)
(20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 22, 22, 22, 22, 22, 22, 22, 22, 24)

0 SpA Misdreavus Dazzling Gleam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Hasty Murkrow: 18-22 (81.8 - 100%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock or Brave Bird Recoil
(18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 22)

0 SpA Misdreavus Dazzling Gleam vs. 36 HP / 20 SpD Berry Juice Jolly Murkrow: 16-20 (69.5 - 86.9%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
(16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 20)

0 SpA Misdreavus Thunderbolt vs. 36 HP / 20 SpD Berry Juice Jolly Murkrow: 18-22 (78.2 - 95.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
(18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 20, 22)

236 Atk Life Orb Murkrow Sucker Punch vs. 116 HP / 116 Def Eviolite Misdreavus: 18-26 (75 - 108.3%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
(18, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 26)

236 Atk Life Orb Murkrow Brave Bird vs. 116 HP / 116 Def Eviolite Misdreavus: 16-19 (66.6 - 79.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 17, 17, 17, 17, 17, 17, 17, 17, 17, 17, 19)

84 SpA Life Orb Murkrow Dark Pulse vs. 116 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Misdreavus: 18-23 (75 - 95.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 23)

236 Atk Berry Juice Murkrow Sucker Punch vs. 116 HP / 116 Def Eviolite Misdreavus: 14-20 (58.3 - 83.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(14, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 20)

236 Atk Berry Juice Murkrow Brave Bird vs. 116 HP / 116 Def Eviolite Misdreavus: 12-15 (50 - 62.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 15)

+2 212+ Atk Tirtouga Stone Edge vs. 116 HP / 116 Def Eviolite Misdreavus: 18-22 (75 - 91.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(18, 18, 19, 19, 19, 19, 19, 19, 19, 21, 21, 21, 21, 21, 21, 22)

-If your opponent tries to revenge your full HP Misdreavus with a Life Orb Murkrow, you're prepared, you might even win the speed tie if it Brave Birds. If it's a Berry Juice Murkrow that scouts you out first with Substitute, you can easily spam Dazzling Gleam until it's dead.

Misdreavus @ Berry Juice
EVs: 36 HP / 196 Def / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute
- Dazzling Gleam

236 Atk Berry Juice Murkrow Brave Bird vs. 36 HP / 196 Def Berry Juice Misdreavus: 16-19 (69.5 - 82.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 18, 19)

236 Atk Berry Juice Murkrow Sucker Punch vs. 36 HP / 196 Def Berry Juice Misdreavus: 20-26 (86.9 - 113%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
(20, 20, 20, 20, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 24, 26)

236 Atk Life Orb Murkrow Brave Bird vs. 36 HP / 196 Def Berry Juice Misdreavus: 21-25 (91.3 - 108.6%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
(21, 21, 21, 21, 21, 21, 21, 21, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 23, 25)

I'm scared to use non-max speed Misdreavus, if anyone else would care to chime in I would love to hear your thoughts on bulky Misdreavus xD.

Last edited:

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I may be mistaken here but I don't think the 36 SpD EVs actually do anything at all, further warranting their placement in HP

Al_Alchemist

Physics and Math \O/
is a Past SPL Champion
I may be mistaken here but I don't think the 36 SpD EVs actually do anything at all, further warranting their placement in HP
Oh wow, you're right it has an 85 SpD Base Stat, therefore it needs 76 EVs to even raise it a point. So basically, put the 36 EVs into HP unless you find some significant calculations that warrant it being put in Def. Thanks for catching that Corporal Levi.

Also, the set has 236 EVs in Atk, as someone already mentioned, and I don't think 36 EVs put an extra point in SpD, you'd need 76 for that. Put the extra 36 into Def. Be sure to remove mentions of Gligar, and as such, remove Icy Wind from the bulky set, as it is no longer needed.
;)

This analysis is perfect, though (aside from the 36 in SpD -- in both Choice and Nasty Plot sets). Definitely going to be trying that Specs Missy out one of these days. Good job yo.

Al_Alchemist I wouldn't even try Missy without 19 Spe, honestly.

Max Carvalho

Que os jogos comecem
Just to note that if you are using hidden power fighting, you cannot put those evs in defense, you wont gain the extra point in def. Instead you can use 36 evs in hp.

Al_Alchemist

Physics and Math \O/
is a Past SPL Champion
If you are using Hidden Power Fighting you won't have 36 leftover EVs, you'd only have 32 unusable EVs left after you put 240 EVs in SpA and Spe, anyway.

edit: I mean 28 unsuable EVs left, but nonetheless still unusable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)