CAP 5 CAP 5 - Part 2 (Primary Typing Poll 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Electric
2. Grass

Maybe some Bulky Electric of some sort, and a Grass-type that isn't to do with SubSeed, Status moves.

Mono-typed Pokemon are terribly underrepresented in OU. I'd support this motion for that reason and ParadOxymoron's, stated above.

I've also switched my vote around to give

Rock
priority over

Electric

Choice 1: Ghost

I've always liked the Ghost type and there seems like there could be some pretty interesting ways we can decide to "Break the mold" here.

Just to let you know, if we make a grass type it won't have Leech Seed or any Powders to "break the mold".
Well I don't see why it can't have moves like Leech Seed or the powders...etc . If it were chosen to be Grass then it could break the mold through simply stats or it's ability or something like that, movepool can be taken into account but I think saying it won't have any Powders or Leech Seed may be taking it a bit far right now.

Choice 2: Fighting

X-Act pretty much sums up in his post why a Fighting type would be pretty ideal for the concept.

Fighting is an easy type to break the mold in. All Fighting Pokemon's stats are either skewed towards physical attack, or are basically equal in both physical and special attack (think Blaziken, Lucario, Infernape). A Fighting Pokemon skewed completely to special attack would be a first. So, yeah, I'll vote Fighting as my first preference.
Also as far as the Rock Type goes there are quite a few things we can do with it but really they all seem rather lackluster. If it is a special attacking Rock Type it is going to need to depend on its other type for useful STAB moves due to the only Rock type Special move of note being Ancient Power and due to Sandstorm quite a few Rock types can already function as Special walls such as Cradily or Shuckle so Special wall isn't really breaking the mold either.

The same can be said for Electric types as we have a fair amount of them already "breaking the mold" of the stereotypical Electric type. Zapdos, Rotom, Ampharos and Lanturn are all used mostly defensively and Luxray and Electivire already make the cut as physical attacking Electric types, not really that much to go on here either. =/

Fighting is my first choice because, like X-Act already said, there are iirc no Pkm totally based on the special side.

My second choice is Fire because every Fire-Pokemon with a good Attack stat lacks good physical moves e.g. Flareon, Entei and Arcanine ( i am not counting in Blaziken and Infernape due to their second typing ).

I first thought about Rock but using a special-based Rock Pkm makes him lack good STAB ( Power Gem, Ancientpower and HP [Rock] are the only special Rock moves ) and I'm kinda against new moves =/.

1. Electric - It'd be cool to have a pure electric defensive pokemon, pure electric is surprisingly decent defensive typing too with only one weakness though just one useful resistance. Beefed up amphy??
2. Ghost - lack of ghosts saddens me

Fighting is my first choice. Agreeing with X-Act and the others (although I'd intended on voting Fighting as my first choice before I saw their posts) All fighters are either physical or mixed; there is no special fighter. I also like the possibilities for its secondary typing. People have been clamoring for one in particular for a long time.

Steel is my second choice. I was originally going to vote Electric, but I'm seeing allot of possibilities here if we give it a good secondary typing.

1. Fighting
2. Dragon

Neither typing have a true special sweeper (Lucario is the closest but its speed is not enough) or have a true defensive Pokemon. Either type would work well considering that they are stellar on both ends with Fighting getting the nod as the better defensive and special sweeping type.

bojangles

IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE,
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
1. Water - A physical sweeping water type. That would be completely awesome.
2. Dragon - Dual walling dragon. With the exception of bulkymence, dragons are really just all out attack. Plus they would be fun to make.

1. Steel
2. Poison

Two types with shitty STAB, and most Pokemon of either type are pretty bulky. Having a frail sweeper of either type (STFU Lucario <_<) that doesn't ignore their STAB moves would be interesting, if nothing else.

1. Water - A physical sweeping water type. That would be completely awesome.
Floatzel, Gyarados...

1) Electric
2) Rock

Dual type Electrics are few and far between, and physical electric is only represented by Vire. Special sweeping Rock just has oodles of potential..

I like
1) Dragon
2) Electric
Dragon and electric would be a great type, give it levitate and its only weak to ice and dragon, not bad. I think that would work nicely, just dont give it super good SA to go with the defense.

I like
1) Dragon
2) Electric
Dragon and electric would be a great type, give it levitate and its only weak to ice and dragon, not bad. I think that would work nicely, just dont give it super good SA to go with the defense.
This is a PRIMARY type poll. We're deciding the first type. The second type is a different poll. And bold your votes.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Fire
Let's make this interesting, a viable defensive Fire type :happybrain:
Doug's sarcasm was funny, so I won't try and copy it. Just read up on past projects, and you will see we already did an ultra-defensive Fire type. This is also a general announcement to people: Please read up on past projects before posting if you haven't already.

Bull of Heaven

1. Rock
2. Fighting

That fast Rock that sweeps with Power Gem sounds interesting. Fighting is my second choice for the reason described by X-Act.

1. Grass
2. Steel

Grass indeed does need some more rep. After seeing the base stat chart, a high HP Grass type would be nice. Maybe it'll be a physical sweeper too, since most grasses tend to have balanced stats overall, except for maybe Jumpluff or Sceptile.

Steel...well I for one would love to see a fast, sweeper steel type. Lucario is great, but imagine Lucario with Weavile's speed. Yeah, that's pretty cool. The fastest steel type only has 100 base speed, and even then, that's Jirachi. After Lucario and Dialga (90 Base Speed) comes Heatran with base 77...

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
1. Grass
2. Steel

Grass indeed does need some more rep. After seeing the base stat chart, a high HP Grass type would be nice. Maybe it'll be a physical sweeper too, since most grasses tend to have balanced stats overall, except for maybe Jumpluff or Sceptile.

Steel...well I for one would love to see a fast, sweeper steel type. Lucario is great, but imagine Lucario with Weavile's speed. Yeah, that's pretty cool. The fastest steel type only has 100 base speed, and even then, that's Jirachi. After Lucario and Dialga (90 Base Speed) comes Heatran with base 77...
Really can we all PLEASE read about former projects? Pyroak has base 120 HP and is Grass type.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Choice 1: Rock
Choicd 2: Water

Time to create an offensive pokémon that's not as shitty as Sharpedo or as broken as Gyarados (not that they are). Either that, or a special-based Aerodactyl :D

Also as far as the Rock Type goes there are quite a few things we can do with it but really they all seem rather lackluster. If it is a special attacking Rock Type it is going to need to depend on its other type for useful STAB moves due to the only Rock type Special move of note being Ancient Power
Actually, power gem, but it's still bp 70 or 80

1. Dragon
2. Electric

Dragon and electric are offensive(dragon in phys and elec in special)/fast types, so maybe a Defensive/Support/Special Sweepr?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)