CAP 4 CAP 4 - Part 10 (Support Moves Poll)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish - Yes/No
Slack Off - Yes/No
Block/Spider Web - Yes/No
Tailwind - Yes/No
Gravity - Yes/No
Heal Block - Yes/No
Yawn - Yes/No

We can squeeze tailwind in there somehow, if it's really that big a deal to people I'd support a clone move.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Wish - Yes
Slack Off - No
Block/Spider Web - Yes if it's incompatible with Encore.
Tailwind - No
Gravity - Yes
Heal Block - Yes
Yawn - No

I want this to have Wish/Rest as it's only healing, so Slack Off's gone right there. Tailwind is broken. Block is broken with Encore but not on it's own. Gravity and Heal Block are fine, I don't think Heal Block will get that much use anyways. Yawn is a no, this thing will force enough switches and doesn't need a status move.

Wish - Yes/No
Slack Off - Yes/No
Tailwind - Yes/No
Gravity - Yes/No
Heal Block - Yes/No
Yawn - Yes/No

Wish - Yes/No
Slack Off - Yes/No
Tailwind - Yes/No
Gravity - Yes/No
Heal Block - Yes/No
Yawn - Yes/No

Wish - Yes/No
Slack Off - Yes/No
Tailwind - Yes/No
Gravity - Yes/No
Heal Block - Yes/No
Yawn - Yes/No

Nothing I can say about my reasoning that hasn't already be said; except for the no's. It has vital spirit technically half the time (though it won't always be seen in competition like that I bet), and to me yawning and slacking off are done by pokemon who are lazy/vacant/likely to fall asleep, which this pokemon is not.

Wish - Yes/No

I can see this as being an egg move, but I don't want it too be part of the main movepool. If it is going to be healing as such, I wouldn't want the movepool to be too broken.

Slack Off - Yes/No

It has Wish already, and Slack Off would be pretty broken on this guy in my opinion.

Block I don't really want to see in the movepool, I'd much rather prefer Spider Web as an egg move.

Tailwind - Yes/No

We pretty much created this pokemon to use this support move (and others, so yes).

Gravity - Yes/No

Same reasoning as above.

Heal Block - Yes/No

I don't see it as being neccessary at all.

Yawn - Yes/No

Encore and such would force enough switches as it is.

My two cents.

Wish- yes he can support the team with this.
slack off -no
Spider Web -yes only without baton pass or encore
Tailwind- yes with the pre-evo idea
Gravity - yes the intire idea was to give it support moves and the last two were the main ones wanted
Heal Block - no not really useful because of leftovers
Yawn- no makes no sense with vital spirit
only the last is for flavor we could always use the dex entry for any moves we wanted to (wish, psychic, ect.)

Wish - Yes/No - Yarp makes him fully supporting, rather than just self healing
Slack Off - Yes/No - It doesn't look capable of Slacking Off
Block/Spider Web - Yes/No - Yes, I would say Spider Web, trapping is always fun!
Tailwind - Yes/No - Again doesn't look capable, but also Tailwind may be too overpowered with the 2 extra turns
Gravity - Yes/No - Was wanted in the first place!
Heal Block - Yes/No - Need more users of this move
Yawn - Yes/No - Yes, pseudo Phazing is under-rated. Yawn is a great move and works well with Wish / Protect

Wish - Yes/No
That's pretty much a must have
Slack Off - Yes/No Undecided
This pokemon would easily be capable of blocking pokemon from escaping
Tailwind - Yes/No
Just because it doesn't have a tail, it doesn't mean it can't produce a tailwind.
Gravity - Yes/No
Heal Block - Yes/No
Never use it.
Yawn - Yes/No
Another must have support move. And to Hyra, I'm pretty sure it has a mouth.

tennisace

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Wish - Yes/No
That's pretty much a must have
Slack Off - Yes/No Undecided
This pokemon would easily be capable of blocking pokemon from escaping
Tailwind - Yes/No
Just because it doesn't have a tail, it doesn't mean it can't produce a tailwind.
Gravity - Yes/No
Heal Block - Yes/No
Never use it.
Yawn - Yes/No
Another must have support move. And to Hyra, I'm pretty sure it has a mouth.
Tailwind has nothing to do with a tail, it has to do with controlling wind to push it fast from behind. And you need to decide on Slack Off or your vote won't be counted. Speaking of which, imma start counting for my own purposes.

Wish - No
Slack Off - No
Block/Spider Web - Yes
Tailwind - No
Gravity - Yes
Heal Block - Yes
Yawn - Yes

Wish - Yes/No

Wish fits with his purpose, but the idea of this guy having recovery moves unnerves me. Even if a second moveslot gets eaten up for Protect (which I'm assuming it will get, based off the last poll and its abscence from this one; if I'm mistaken, correct me), with good defenses and an ability like Persistent, two other moveslots is all he needs to cause havoc. However, with this guy's weaker special defenses and vulnerability to often special Water (and always STABed) and Ice moves, we should give Wish a try.

Slack Off - Yes/No

An instant recovery move doesn't fit in with the style (not flavor, but purpose).

Tailwind - Yes/No
Gravity - Yes/No
Heal Block - Yes/No

Utility pokemon, utility moves. Block/Spider Web should be incompatible with Encore.

Yawn - Yes/No

This pokemon should not have a status move. It doesn't fit his purpose.

I still don't really see how this thing getting block + encore is much different than crobat's mean look + hypnosis or umbreon's mean look + yawn.

Wish - Yes/No, all of those hands can be used for megaprayers, god will be pleased.
Slack Off - Yes/No, contradicts vital spirit.
Block/Spider Web - Yes/No, it does not need to trap, that is not its job.
Tailwind - Yes/No, this was a major aspect of this pokemon's concept.
Gravity - Yes/No, see tailwind
Heal Block - Yes/No, not as major as the last two but with all of those hands I think he can block stuff.
Yawn - Yes/No, contradicts vital spirit.

I hate to do this, but I haven't read any message before posting, and I will not post any reasoning either. Lack of time ;_;

Wish - Yes/No
Slack Off - Yes/No
Tailwind - Yes/No
Gravity - Yes/No
Heal Block - Yes/No
Yawn - Yes/No

Wish - Yes/No - Very useful support move.
Slack Off - Yes/No - I really doubt this will even come close to broken, it's still got plenty of common weaknesses to exploit.
Block/Spider Web - Yes/No - I doubt this will see much use given that most counters will be stuff that's able to kill it pretty quickly, so it'd be fine, I guess.
Tailwind - Yes/No - Flavor-wise, I still think it's viable with him sticking the drill in the ground and then spinning, IMO.
Gravity - Yes/No - Gunk Shot/EQ/Grav/Filler gogo
Heal Block - Yes/No - I doubt this will see much use either, so I suppose it wouldn't hurt.
Yawn - Yes/No - This doesn't need status.

I still don't really see how this thing getting block + encore is much different than crobat's mean look + hypnosis or umbreon's mean look + yawn.
Exactly. No one should be trying to set up on this thing. Even if you switch into a set-up move and Encore it, the opponent will still switch out before you can Block them. If you Block first, you'll be hit with a boosted attack. Block+Yawn would probably be more effective and is still slow.

Wish - Yes/No
Slack Off - Yes/No
Tailwind - Yes/No As a move clone
Gravity - Yes/No
Heal Block - Yes/No
Yawn - Yes/No

It's apparent I'm not getting my way with Block/Spider Web, so can we please make it incompatible with Encore? It's not hard, all we have to do is put them both as Egg moves and not put them in Smeargle's Egg group. >_>

I would like a Tailwind move clone, but not tailwind itself. Is that a good enough compromise for you Doug and LonelyNess?

Uhmm, to everyone saying he doesn't have a mouth... he does. It's in some of the drawings. And the purple things on his hands aren't gems. Sludge is drawn from them, at least that's what is shown in the animation of it beating up Blissey. The only one that might be a gem is the one on his head, maybe. A little clarification Cartoons'?

Tailwind is broken. Block is broken with Encore but not on it's own.
Argh. Would people please stop saying stuff like this without backing it up with any reasoning! Several other people and I have provided reasoning contrary to these conclusions, so continuing to state them as if they're unopposed facts is the height of arrogance. I don't mind people having opinions that contradict mine, but please, please, please provide reasoning for them so this doesn't degenerate into voting based on gut instinct and bandwagons.

tennisace

Lemme explain then. Block + Encore is broken because of the fact that we banned Wobbuffet because of essentially the same reason. You can feasibly use Block, Encore, heal, and switch to a counter over and over.

Tailwind was made three turns for a reason. The 4 turns that you give a pokemon like CB Garchomp, in addition to Gravity, is plenty of time for a sweep. Tailwind is akin to an Agility, and thats all something like Garchomp, Lucario, Gengar, or Marowak needs to decimate a team.

Lemme explain then. Block + Encore is broken because of the fact that we banned Wobbuffet because of essentially the same reason. You can feasibly use Block, Encore, heal, and switch to a counter over and over.
Except that you can't because once you know he has block, you can switch before he uses it.

Umbreon can Mean look, yawn, and baton pass, this gives whatever you switch to an even better setup because the opponent won't be super-boosted when the sleep wears off.

Wish - Yes/No
Slack Off - Yes/No
Tailwind - Yes/No
Gravity - Yes/No
Heal Block - Yes/No
Yawn - Yes/No

This thing should not get any healing moves aside from rest, and I'm against status moves. Tailwind doesn't fit this thing at all, unless it magically sprouts wings. Everything else works.

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Tailwind was made three turns for a reason. The 4 turns that you give a pokemon like CB Garchomp, in addition to Gravity, is plenty of time for a sweep. Tailwind is akin to an Agility, and thats all something like Garchomp, Lucario, Gengar, or Marowak needs to decimate a team.
Of course. And how exactly is that different from Agility + BP? The only difference is that you exchange one moveslot for a temporary effect instead of a permanent one. You will have to face the exact some problems with Tailwind than you have with good and old BP...and Tailwind is even worse, since you can't just pass a substitute to assure that your sweeper won't die on the switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)