CAP 4 CAP 4 - Part 1 (Concept Poll 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Stat Buster
2. Pure Utility Pokemon
In a metagame filled to the brim with strong set up sweepers like Lucario, Garchomp, Suicune, et al, a PURE utility pokemon would be a nice change which could, as many have said before, spice up the metagame. On that same vein, a Stat Busting pokemon would discourage the use of these stat ups and also spice up the metagame in a different way.

1. Pure Utility Pokémon

This kind of Pokémon might be fun to use in the game. It pretty much overlaps with the "Gravity Unit" and the "Trick Room Unit," but the typing will probably be a lot different. I would probably definitely use this in my team if it was created.

2. Anti-Ghost Rapid Spin

While I'm not a big fan of using Stealth Rock, Spikes, or Toxic Spikes, I think it would be fun to play around with this idea. The idea seems to be popular, so I wonder how it will turn out.

1. Pure Utility Pokemon
The way I see it, there's a lot of overlap between this, Anti-Ghost Rapid Spin, and Gravity/Trick Room Unit, so this is sort of a catch-all for the lesser-used support moves.

2. The Ultimate Weather Abuser
Rain and Sun need reasons to exist and be used, and this could give these teams the push they need to compete against Abomasnow/TTar/Hippowdon. That, and my own weather idea has approximately zero support. <_<

1. Status Counter

I rly think we need more of this.

2. Pure Utility Unit

Well, nothing to add here.. everyone just said everything ._.!

These two CAP would do fine because there arent many Pkm which could do that..

It looks like Utility Unit wins.

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Pure Utility Pokemon.

It'd look lame if I don't vote for a concept I suggested. :D

Stat Buster:

I've really gotta say that this thing looks sweet. Setup moves are everywhere. Whether that's good or not, this thing will shake stuff up.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Well, you have every right not to agree with my concept. But, I wonder, since you're so against it and you're managing this CAP, why didn't you just not included my concept in the poll so that people don't even vote for it? And what happens if it ends up winning the poll? Would you support a concept you're so bluntly opposing?
'Cos the TL's job is to stop things being broken/stupid, and let people vote on everything else. If he had removed your idea due to personal preference it would have a big mistake.

1. I know what you're doing and I'm not going to allow it
2. Pure Utility

Its quite confusing to have to take a guess at which moveset your opponent is going to use. This Pokemon could effectively counter many common "unpredictable" threats such as Salamence, Gengar, Togekiss, etc. The Pure Utility Pokemon is also a good choice. I really would like to use Trick Room, Rapid spin as well as other utility moves more frequently because those moves are often not seen, and can add more variety to the metagame.

1. Stat Buster
2. No-Miss Breaker

For one, there are tons of stat-raising moves that would be pwnsome if used together.
For two, a no-miss-based Pokemon could pwn things like Sandstreamers or Sand Veilers in the face.

Also, wouldn't it rock if these two concepts were fused?

1. Anti-Ghost Rapid Spinnnnnner
sounds fun and is my favorite idea

2. Great Lead Pokemon
more freedom = yes!

I'm not voting for my own concept, only because I submitted it just to have a submission. Zapdos was the basis of my submission, but it can be so much more than that. Ele/Fly, Ele/Ghost, Ele/Poison, Ele/Psychic, Rock/ any previous secondary type, and then Steel/any previous secondary type. This actually allows for Ghost/Steel and Rock/Ghost, which would be pretty awesome to do.

1. Anti Ghost Rapid Spin

We need one of these, Dusknoir coming in on Spinners and taking them out is F***ing annoying!!

2. Gravity Unit
I like this idea, and it introduces a cool, new concept. Blissey would be able to abuse this well if it had better attack...

1. Pure Utility Pokemon
2. Great Lead Pokemon

I think a very good utility poke is desperately needed here. A good lead is my second choice

1. Meteorology
2. Stat Buster

I like weather so out of the two weather concepts I chose Meteorology... and the Stat Buster seems like a good idea so I chose that for my second.

1. Pure Utility Pokemon
2. Ultimate Weather Abuser

Voting for the Utility poke because alot of the concepts are actually covered by this (me first, gravity, trick room to name a few...). I think all these ideas could be worked into one pokemon. weather abuser sounds nice cause i think it would provide that weather team fix that eveyone was desperate for before auto weather was decided broken.

I would have voted for the anti-ghost rapid spin... but i actually liked skarmbliss' idea of only removing stealth rock better. still i think that could possibly be worked into something like the Utility poke.

1. Me First
2. Fast Tank

Me First seems like an intensely awesome move, and what can I say? Fast Tank sounds interesting.

I would have voted for Pure Utility Pokemon, except something that does utility, more utility, and nothing but utility sounds to me like it could reach almost Blissey-like levels of blandness and unfun ubiquity. Then again, I kind of equate it to Counterspell in Magic: The Gathering, in that it might be unfun sometimes, but it's essential to have it in the game. In any case, it looks like it's going to win, and I wouldn't be upset if it did, but I'm not going to vote for it because then I'd have a part in its winning, which I don't particularly want to happen.

Continuing with the MTG analogy, Garchomp is actually an awful lot like Tarmogoyf. But that's besides the point. <<;;

Ya know, teh Anti Ghost rapid spin poke is a very interesting concept. Imagine a Ghost/Normal poke with stats similar to Starmie's, and a core moveset of RS/Shadow Ball/Hyper Voice?/probably a hidden Power or Pain Split or recover etc...

1) Ultimate Garchomp Counter
It would be nice to have something that can take on Garchomp effectively because his weighted usage is insane and the "uncounterable" aspect to him sucks. And seriously, not all pokemon we make have to be "fun". And the comment about Garchomp not being as much of a problem in CaP.. well I didn't want to say it but the level of play in that server is just lower. No offense to the players that enjoy it, but it isn't up to par with the higher smogon skill from what I have seen (if you point out my join date I will point out you can lurk on a website for months before actually joining it, and I have played Shoddy Battle for several months also).

2) Pure Utility Pokemon

Just seems like a good idea from the description offered. We don't see a pokemon like this around and it would be a pretty cool idea.

1. Anti Ghost Rapid Spin
-Rockks are fucking annoying and i hated always getting m starmie stopped by a spiritomb and then getting died.
2. Pure Utility Pokemon
-This would be interesting to see, and has the potential to be fun and annoying. I wanna see where this could go.

1 Pure Utility Pokemon
Very interesting concept, many many practical possibilities. It goes without saying that it should be very team oriented, but as a side note, even using its own utilities, it shouldn't be able to turn itself into a sweeper or anything. It should have above average speed and defenses, it's job being to get in, utilify, and get out.

2 Weather Abuser
I like the idea of different weather turning a pokemon into a different form and possibly a entirely different role. The use of such a pokemon would be widespread. Take a moment to actually consider the possibilities, don't just shut it down as useless. It could have a useful role on many different weather teams or, more importantly (now think about this one) a weather team counter. If you are not using a weather team yourself, take advantage of your opponents.

Isn't ice beam, if you can fire one off that is, a good enough counter to garchomp?
Even if you disagree, as previously stated by someone else, garchomp's popularity in the CaP server is much lower than in standard play, so it seems sort of pointless and just overall not worth the time to make a specific garchomp counter.

It's too late for this to affect anything in the poll, but I just thought I'd post why I'm against Anti-Ghost Rapid Spin (again).

I will say this about Ghost types. Blocking Rapid Spin is the only reason they are used (bar Gengar, the occasional Mismaguis, and possibly Revenankh). I am not against a pokemon that can beat Revenankh/Dusknoir (hah, people still use him now?)/Tomb, because the pokemon themselves can adapt their movesets accordingly. I am however against people suddenly seeing that Revenankh is some super-Ghost that needs to be stopped. If that is the case (which it seems to be with some people), wouldn't it be a better more efficient use of our time fixing him instead of making a pokemon designed to get by him?

It should also be said I am even more opposed to a "Scrappy-spinner". Yes, let's just make a role (Anit-Spin), completely obsolete by making a pokemon with the ability to completely disregard a game mechanic (yes, I consider the fact that Ghosts block Rapid Spin a mechanic for simplicities sake). While we're at it, let's make a pokemon that can hit Flying types super-effective with Fighting type moves and make Dragons resistant to Ice. The only spin-off (no pun intended) of this idea I wouldn't consider broken would be another type Rapid Spin that has an immunity that that type has (ie; Psychic, Poison, Ground, Electric, etc.), since it gives the Spikes user a chance of keeping his Spikes around. But I would only be OK with that if we didn't give the pokemon in question Rapid Spin (because then you'd either need a pokemon with typing immunities like Spiritomb/Drifblim/blah) or really good prediction to have a shot at keeping those Spikes around (Rapid Spin has 64 PP, while the new move could potentially have that much as well, so good luck predicting right every time).

1. Flying Type Counter
2. Meteorology

It is necessary in the CaP server to have something to counter Blissey so that the other three CaPs can be used more often.
Meteorology would be a great idea, messing up many teams and the unpredictability would lead to an amazingly fun metagame, IMO.

I also liked SkarmBlissCounter's Auto-SR remover.

1. Pure Utility Pokemon
2. Me First

Pure utility is something that I think can become really interesting if we design it well, and will make the metagame more interesting, also. Me First is a really interesting move, so a pokémon that can abuse this would be great, specially considering that once the opponent knows the strategy, great mindgames can arise.

1.Pure Utility
2.Anti-Ghost Rapid Spin

A pure utility pokemon would be awesome. We already have Porygon2, but we don't see much of him.

An anti-ghost rapid should be capable of countering Dusknoir,Spiritomb,Revenenkh, and Bulky Ghosts in general.

Mr.378

The Iron Man of Ubers
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
1. The Ultimate Weather Abuser
I've always liked the Idea of weather using pokemon and I don't think there of them. this idea has potential.

2. Gravity Unit
Gravity teams, In my opinion, are a great team that needs more usable pokemon.

1. Pure Utility
2. Me First

Utility is always good and would be beneficial to the metagame I would think. Me First is just a lot of fun and I'd really like to see someone who could use it well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)