CAP 3 CAP 3 - Part 6.5 (BST Spillover)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lord Gloom: "We're throwing together the equivalent of a special Garchomp." (Poll 6) So? What's wrong with it? What does everybody has against powerful pokemon? Do they think, that other than their favourite powerful pokemon, there shouldn't be anymore? GROW UP, people. I say go for symmetry. 555. And I think the spread should roughly be: HP:85/Def:90/Atk:75/Sp.Atk:115/Sp.Def:85/Spd:105/ I think that's fair, and not overpowered. Anyone else think so?

Lord Gloom: "We're throwing together the equivalent of a special Garchomp." (Poll 6) So? What's wrong with it? What does everybody has against powerful pokemon? Do they think, that other than their favourite powerful pokemon, there shouldn't be anymore? GROW UP, people. I say go for symmetry. 555. And I think the spread should roughly be: HP:85/Def:90/Atk:75/Sp.Atk:115/Sp.Def:85/Spd:105/ I think that's fair, and not overpowered. Anyone else think so?
The whole point of this project is to learn about and eventually try to open the metagame for as many Pokemon as possible. Throwing in another monster sweeper is just another centralizing factor, and all it would do is unbalance and shrink the metagame to an even smaller size. There's nothing wrong with strong/good Pokemon; there's a problem when it can overpower too much in comparison to what can hard/soft counter it, however.

As for your spread, yes, it is overpowered. You're forgetting about the amazing typing we ended up with. What you have there is a both bulky and fairly fast sweeper with few weaknesses and great STABs.

If you guys are going to use that, and I do think it will win, I genuinely think the attack should be 85-95 and the spatk can still be 100-110. Sacrifice defenses/speed if needed, but it looks made for physical
wood hammer
blaze kick
Flare blitz
Power whip

and special (cannons)
solarbeam
flamethrower
lavaplume
leaf storm

I'm on the 60 base Speed boat, but I'm scared that, with the current BST, there are going to be too many points left over that will be distributed to make him either too defensive or obscenely powerful.

If you guys are going to use that, and I do think it will win, I genuinely think the attack should be 85-95 and the spatk can still be 100-110. Sacrifice defenses/speed if needed, but it looks made for physical
Keep in mind that Special oriented won in a vote. So, his SpA has to be 20 or 30% (can't recall off the top of my head) higher than the Att.

Blah, we all know that the spread should be 110/90/110/90/110/60, for a total of 570, but if people are intent on keeping the 545 limit, then it should look somthing like this:

110/85/100/90/100/60

Keeps the base 60 speed, and lowers the defences whilst keeping a nice fat HP to fuck blissey over with. This thing would really shine with 20 more base stat and the first spread, give us a mixed wall other than cress.

Blah, we all know that the spread should be 110/90/110/90/110/60, for a total of 570, but if people are intent on keeping the 545 limit, then it should look somthing like this:

110/85/100/90/100/60

Keeps the base 60 speed, and lowers the defences whilst keeping a nice fat HP to fuck blissey over with. This thing would really shine with 20 more base stat and the first spread, give us a mixed wall other than cress.

Those stats make a lot more sense,and I'm sure the majority here would be willing to change their vote if the wooden armor grass raptor won the design for a higher physical/special attack ratio.

You're forgetting that this Pokemon will be SpA Oriented.
It's still balanced, whilst maintaning a SpA Advantage over Atk. I'd put somthing like 75/100 or 65/110, but that leaves us unable to use good stuff like Wood Hammer, seed bomb, and Flare blitz.

I wouldn't mind somthing like 110/50/100/125/100/60. That'd pwn shit.

It's still balanced, whilst maintaning a SpA Advantage over Atk. I'd put somthing like 75/100 or 65/110, but that leaves us unable to use good stuff like Wood Hammer, seed bomb, and Flare blitz.
It's gonna have to be bigger than a ~6% gap. Balanced Style means his combined defenses and offenses have to be within 30% of eachother. However, his Offensive Build says Special, which means 20(?)% up on the Physical.

Also, if I have any of the numbers or terms wrong, feel free to correct me here.

GT can you clarify how much leeway we get with the whole special must be 30% more, because some are sticking to it others are going over.

That thing looks like it is made to be sturdy, but still balanced. So, here is what I propose ...

115 HP / 80 Attack / 95 Defense / 110 Sp.Atk / 70 Sp.Def / 75 Speed
BST = 545 Total

Very sturdy, easily able to take a lot of hits with 115 / 90 / 70 Defenses. That's some serious defense right there, man. A very viable physical wall, even, if that is how you want to play your game. Meanwhile, it has a high enough attack statistic to use the physical side, while it still has a threatening 110 Sp.Atk to coincide with what we decided. That design looks fairly medium speed, so 75 Speed should be fine, and let's it still out-run a lot of the lower-tiered speed racers. And, yet, it's still very balanced. If you treat it like a physical wall, that's what you'll get, and you won't have much offense from your 110 Sp.Atk, much like how Hippowdon doesn't have much attack even though it has a high attack statistic due to how we treat it.

GT can you clarify how much leeway we get with the whole special must be 30% more, because some are sticking to it others are going over.
I'd just assume it means "try not to go lower than 30%, but if you're scratching the surface, nobody is going to split hairs over it."

However, I can guarantee that something like 85/90 will be a flat out no.

115 HP / 80 Attack / 95 Defense / 110 Sp.Atk / 75 Sp.Def / 70 Speed
For the purpose of discussion, this is a perfect piece.

Technically, this has a balanced offensive build, because 80 Attack is 72% of 110 SpA. However, this difference really is minimal (3 less Attack to be fair, or ~4 more SpA). Here, I wouldn't much care myself, since 3 less Attack on a mainly Special Pokemon is fairly irrelevant, unless having that 3 extra attack was necessary for you to cross some hypothetical barrier between OHKOing Pokemon A with move X, in which case the relevancy of OHKOing that Pokemon to the success of this Pokemon would have to be considered.

115 HP / 80 Attack / 95 Defense / 110 Sp.Atk / 75 Sp.Def / 70 Speed
Since everyones bitching about Special needs loadsa SpA blahblahblah And we're missing out on Wood Hammer, i've constructed another appropriate Spread based on 535:

All working out is shown. (AKA My thought process)
Start with 600 BST:

100/100/100/100/100/100

Subtract Stats that are not going to be used to a reasonable, working level:

100/60/100/100/100/60

Split 5 to defences and hp:

105/60/105/100/105/60

Needs to be SpA orentated: Subtract 3 points off HP, Attack, And defences:
102/57/102/112/102/60

Needs to outspeed Swampert and Nospeed Tar:

102/55/102/112/102/62

535 BST.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)