Unofficial Metagames (ZU) The Proper use of Ariados

Hey everyone at Smogon who is a fan of the Best of the Worst of the Worst, So I enjoy ZU alot despite not winning much, but yeah I need some help improving my Team, or just some advise.

Kible (Electivire) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Motor Drive
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Volt Switch
- Wild Charge
- Ice Punch
- Flamethrower
Electivire is part of Volt-Turn along with the Sylvally it's a fast Revenge killer that can preasure threats with its Coverage, and tye Motor Drive let's it switch in on Pokémon with Electric moves.

Diet Arceus (Silvally-Water) @ Water Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 248 HP / 100 SpA / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
- Defog
- U-turn
Silvally-Water is the other half of VoltTurn, it's a defensive Pivot that is also my Hazzard Remover, it has decent bulk to switch into neutral hits and it also threatens threats like Floatzel and Swana, and has good matchups with hazard setters

Dokyou (Bronzor) @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Toxic
- Psywave
- Stealth Rock
- Rest
Bronzor is my hazard setter, and due to it's typing and stats it can take hits, Toxic is there to wittle down defensive pokemon and the main way of dealing damage, Psywave is there to have some direct damage without relying on it's offenses , and rest is it's recovery

Spoopie (Gourgeist-Super) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Foul Play
- Synthesis
- Will-O-Wisp
- Leech Seed
So Gourgeist is an amazing defensive Pokémon due to its stats and typing, so it's here to wall hits, Foul Play is the best offensive move without having to invest in it's offenses, Will O Wisp cripples offensive pokemon while wittling them down, and the combination of Will O Wisp and Foul Play discourageous setup, Leech Seed is some passive recovery that also wittles down, and Synthesis is a much larger recovery

Arabica (Komala) @ Choice Band
Ability: Comatose
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- U-turn
Komala is a huge offensive threat with it's high attack, and imunity to most Status, and the extremely powerful Return, Earthquake let's it hit things that hard resist Return, Knock Off is basically the best move in Pokémon doing good damage while removing an item, and U-turn is so it can pivot out if need be

Marachene (Ariados) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Stomping Tantrum
- Megahorn
So this guy right here is the entire reason I built this team always really liked Ariados but it's way too slow to be a Suicide Lead IMO, but due to UsUm it got some new toys, now when Spinarack evolves it gets swords dance which Ariados didn't have, So it's holding the Focus Sash so no matter what a Hit is a 2hko , Sucker Punch is so it has a priority move, Megahorn is its Strongest Stab Move, and Stomping Tantrum is for any Poison Types who switch in thinking they can survive a hit get a Super Effective move, so Ideally I'd want a free switch in so I guess it's also a Revenge killer and a Wallbreaker

Last edited:

vivalospride

can’t rest in peace cause they diggin me
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least 3 lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)