ORAS OU You Will Be A Hot Dancer (1752+)

Have you ever wanted to be a hot dancer? With this team you can, well at least your pokemon can! This team is a fantastic Bulky Offense team that could just break and whittle down opposing teams while keeping your Pokemon relatively healthy. There are many ways to play a team like this and I suggest you try the team out and adapt it to your style of play. This current build is the one me and my boy Jackinthebox1210 made and tested. He got to 1752 on his alt account: http://prntscr.com/bbqew1 and this is the team he used:

Lets start off with the star of the show...

Hot Dancer (Charizard-Mega-X) (F) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 248 HP / 100 Def / 160 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Right now in this current meta this Charizard can just 6-0 unexpected teams with minimum effort, like so: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-380904167 With this defense investment you can live Lando/Garchomp earthquakes pretty well after a burn and they just become setup fodder while being fast enough to outspeed Mega Beedrill, Mega Lopunny, and Adamant Scarf Excadrill after 1 Dragon Dance. Having Amoongus and Clefable to support this makes this set feel almost unbreakable. I know what you're thinking: "Doesn't this just lose to Clefable?" While this set itself gets walled by fairies, it's not really an issue with Scarf Excadrill and Amoongus in the back to somewhat deal with the fairies.

Feelin Myself (Manaphy) @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

The secondary star of the show, Manaphy is still a force to be reckoned with even though it has a drop in usage. Being able to dish out heavy +3 or +6 Scalds hurts the opponent so bad. We run Scald over Surf because if we get the burn we can 1v1 Chansey, and lets face it.. Scald is the 2nd best move in the game. With Energy Ball it lets us beat volcanion 1v1 at +3 and lets us not lose to Quagsire LOL. I decided on hidden power fire to help our team threaten Ferrothorn which otherwise this team might have a problem with. We run 96 HP to guarantee living a scarf Magnezone tbolt while having enough speed to outspeed 192 +Speed Kyurem Black and possibly get a burn on it.

Make Yourself (Amoonguss) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Clear Smog / Stun Spore

The annoying backbone of the team: This Pokemon is essentially the glue of the team. Amoongus checks Serperior, Breloom, Clefable, Sylveon, and other Fairy types that could bother this team. Nothing is really out of the ordinary on this set and you can use either Clear Smog, HP Fire, or Stun Spore as the fourth move. Personally Me and my friend have been using HP Fire to hurt Bulky Scizor and Ferrothorn a little bit while clear smog makes sense to punish CM Clefable and Serperior.

Nowhere Fast (Excadrill) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide

The Main Fairy Check: We decided for our 4th slot that we'd use Scarf Excadrill. Having Charizard on the team means we needed a spinner and since we already have a water type, Starmie was out of the question. We decided on Scarf Drill because of its purpose as a spinner and a main fairy check. With this set you can spam earthquake on grounded teams and Iron Head hurts fairies obviously. We decided on Jolly Scarf to outspeed Adamant Scarf Drill and other slower scarfers.

Stellar (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave / Fire Blast

Arguably the best Pokemon in the game: We decided on Clefable because it just checks so much in the metagame right now. It's ability to just tank hits and it's amazing pure Fairy type gives it a perfect spot on this team. Being able to set up Calm Minds and Thunder Wave opposing Pokemon lets this become a very deadly sweeper on its own. You can run Fire Blast over Thunder Wave and Stun Spore on Amoongus over HP Fire / Clear Smog if you want to check Steel types with this set. I personally like Thunder Wave more because It's the best move in the game and on its own can change the outcome of the game. #BanThunderWave.

Pardon Me (Terrakion) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance / Taunt
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

The hidden star of the team: We needed a very strong physical threat that can set up rocks as well as take dark type attacks like knock off. Terrakion was our choice and because of needing rocks we decided on Focus Sash over Scarf or Band... That's probably the best choice we've made on the team. +2 Terrakion is STILL a threat just in case you forgot how strong it was in 5th gen. If their team is slower than Terrakion it can just leave a huge dent in the opposing teams, if not than outright win. Taunt is a move you could also run on Terrakion but I rather just punch holes in teams.

Threatlist:

Unaware Clef: Normally this Pokemon isn't so bad but with Unaware our setup sweepers can't touch it. Excadrill is the only thing that can hurt it very hard and even then if the opponent keeps up pressure with hazards it can lose and Unaware Clef can just win if the opponent doesn't mess up.

Double Dance Lando: Any other type of Landorous I can deal with.. just this set bodies the whole team. Double Dance can breakthrough our setup sweepers even if its burned and beat the whole squad so watch out for that.

Mega Slowbo: This thing is so fat that it can eat a +2 stone edge from terrakion and ask for second helpings like the fatass it is. The main ways of beating this thing on your team is Manaphy and CM Clef if you're ahead on CMs..

Besides those major threats I don't think many other things can threaten this team that is commonly used. I am happy with how the team feels and looks and I encourage you to try it out and maybe adapt it to your play style. If you have any suggestions, if you have any questions, and if I pull a me and missed any obvious huge threats let me know.

Hot Dancer (Charizard-Mega-X) (F) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 248 HP / 100 Def / 160 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Feelin Myself (Manaphy) @ Leftovers
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Make Yourself (Amoonguss) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Nowhere Fast (Excadrill) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide

Stellar (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

Pardon Me (Terrakion) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Last edited:
Looks as solid as it can be, but what about Fire Punch (or Blitz, but I assume you don't want recoil) over Dragon Claw on Char-X ? Yes it is walled by Heatran, but it should not switch in anyway by fear of EQ, and both Exca and Terrakion check it with ease, and you don't get walled by fairies and hit steels harder. Talonflame might become a threat tho.

Breezy

formerly Quaze
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Cool team Otherworldly :]
Anyway, Mobvious I think DClaw works better in this team but it actually depends of the opposing team.

Sun

Who cares if one more light goes out? Well I do...
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
hello, nice team tou has here, i like your idea to use Defensive Mega Charizard X + Manaphy, it works really well, Manaphy eliminates checks of charizard, and zard X takes care of the bulky grass and dragons, after making a careful analysis of the team, I found various threats: Landorus-t , both offensive DD and defensive SD can be a huge problem to deal with, because your team lack a flying type, I also found a slight weakness to stall builds, especially mega Sableye builds, they can put pressure on your spinner, thus preventing it to remove the rocks, in that case it becomes really difficle play against, because manaphy can not absorb status, because it lacks Rain dance, also Charizard is worn down from hazards; Another dangerous threat is charizard x, your team can now implement countermeasures (Twave Clef, Terrakion) to beat him, but after a dance becomes practically unbeatable; By analyzing defensive threats, I find your team too weak to mega Venusaur, this is a problem because charizard lacks stab fire, and you have no countermeasures to it; even Fairy-types as Mega gardevoir and mega diancie are a problem because Excadrill can't switch into Earth power or Focus blast, you need to sack a mon for bring safe exca in the field, so it is only a check for these, finally, I find rendunant the set of Terrakion, I don't think that the sash lead is an optimal set in a Bulky offense like this here, usually sets like these are used in Hyper offense build, where the main goal and put the game in the optimal conditions for your sweppers. With my rate will try to make this the most solid team against these threats, and therefore more competitive.

>

first of all, I decided to make this change, Landorus-t is a great check to Charizard X, is a great EQ switch, also is a more bulky rocker than Terrakion, and generates momentum using U-turn, bringing Manaphy, or Clefable in favorable situations, I chose to use a defensive sets to take a slow momentum, and making it as solid and compact team, Landorus finally is also a decent answer to electrics, can help so much mega Charizard X and Clefable to check better mega mane, raikou.
Finally is a good check to talonflame, which is a very dangerous threat, to beat him to have to play very well with Landorus, an option to beat him would be to use Swords dance>U-turn, this change make your team more passive, but more equipped to deal with mega Venu, Talonflame , mega Scizor and Clefable.
>

Since the lack of a mega Gardevoir, Diancie mega and Mega Venusaur switch, I recommend using
SpD Skarmory> Excadrill, skarmory also is a good Bisharp switch in, which it has become more dangerous after adding Landorus, also it provides Spikes, which are very amazing with Stealth rocks, these can help Charizard x and Mana sweep, Skarmory is also your hazard remover, finally it is a backbone for mega Alakazam.

Since your lack of Stallbreaker on the team, I suggest you utilize
Rain dance over Hidden power fire, Rain dance allows Manaphy to deal better with Chansey and stall teams in general acting as an absorber status able to beat mega Slowbro and Unaware Clefable, finally i'd suggest you to use this spread: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe with a Timid nature, this allows Manaphy to go by speed tier with base 100 spe pokemons as mega Medicham, mega Charizard Y and X, and others Manaphy and fast Landorus-t. Also Rain dance helps Skarm to deal better with offensive Hidden power fire mega Venusaur, and helps Amoonguss to deal better with Mega Manectric and Latios.

Since the lack of a phazer, seen your difficulty against the set-up sweppers suggest using clear smog over sludge Bomb, this change helps mainly very well against commons Calm mind users such as mega Slowbro, Clefable, Suicune.

Finally, I would recommend to use
Flare Blitz over D.claw, Flare blitz its generally better for mono attack Charizard x, because can hit hard Clefable, Thundurus, raikou, Bisharp and mega Mane , Furthermore your team has no problems in beating latios, and Heatran, so I think the most sensible choice, also you don't get walled by fairy pokemon as mega Garde, and Mega diancie.
Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Roost
- Defog
- Iron Head

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 240 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Manaphy @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rain Dance
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Energy Ball

That's all man, hope i've helped and GL with your team :toast:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)