worst part of being sick

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Apparently a lot of people are catching colds, the flu, some weakened forme of COVID or one thing or another or if you are aurora the wind blew the wrong way and now you're bedridden. But everyone has one specific thing about being sick that makes them go "oh shit oh fuck this sucks BALLZ"
so I am here to ask you, what is it for you? I personally DESPISE how I'll be done being sick, my bones stop aching but I gotta still have phlegm for like 2 extra weeks after. It's just so fucking YUCKY!!!!!!!!!

post away

I've been sick like 20 out of the last 30 days, first with some flu like thing and now finishing up recovering from COVID that I got sometime over the holidays. For me, it's without a doubt a bizarre side effect I only get from COVID which results in me getting fever dreams and waking up completely soaked in sweat. It's not even comparable to any other night sweats I've experienced. This is my third time getting COVID and it happens every single time to the point I full on have to change my sheets in the middle of the night. The worst part is I'll wake up freezing to the point where I might even take a quick shower even though my body is sweating like crazy. There's nothing that can be done. If I put a fan on I freeze. If I cover myself in blankets I'll just drench them as soon as I fall back asleep. It makes sleeping a decision I have to ask myself if I want to make even though my body will be yearning for it. I've never met anyone else that gets this outside of seeing reports of it online so I've just accepted that this is what happens when you get the J&J vaccine.

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
i just pretend it isn't happening, tbh. If you're sick, it's ultimately legitimately a skill issue. Do you mask for most outings and always at work? Do you exercise intensely for at least 30 minutes 5x/week? Are you on the correct supplements? When I got a sore throat yesterday, thats when I finally get around to doing the 2-3 mile run I keep promising myself; tested this afternoon negative for all assays :sunglasses:. When my friends ask me what they should do to prepare for surgery I remind them they should have taken up marathon running 2 years ago. You have choices, as an adault you have no excuse to act like you just 'got sick' this winter, illness doesn't come from nowhere.

grape tylenol

white girl wasted
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Forum Moderator
i just pretend it isn't happening, tbh. If you're sick, it's ultimately legitimately a skill issue. Do you mask for most outings and always at work? Do you exercise intensely for at least 30 minutes 5x/week? Are you on the correct supplements? When I got a sore throat yesterday, thats when I finally get around to doing the 2-3 mile run I keep promising myself; tested this afternoon negative for all assays :sunglasses:. When my friends ask me what they should do to prepare for surgery I remind them they should have taken up marathon running 2 years ago. You have choices, as an adault you have no excuse to act like you just 'got sick' this winter, illness doesn't come from nowhere.
i got sick from reading this post actually.

UberSkitty

Assist Skitty was banned from NatDex Ubers
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Next time I get covid I'll be sure to do a few laps around Central Park.

when I had covid one time ibuprofen helped me a lot, but it was mostly stuff like fever; so if anyone here has covid and issues with fever/nauseau I'd try that, it let me at least chill out in my room more. Obvs covid will be different for others, just hope that it helps someone!

in general I hate the feeling of nausea, and while everyone dislikes puking, I have an IMMENSE fear of it. So that is probably my least favorite part.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)