World of Goo

So I was looking around the forums I have noticed that no one has really been talking about this game, and I really have to wonder why. I bought the game on a whim, and Ign's score of 9.5, and Wow. This game is one of the best games I have played in 2008. And by far the best game on wiiware, for those of you without a Wii, there is a pc version of it on steam.

For those of you who are not familiar with the game, this is a physics based puzzle game where you have to utilize little balls of goo to build structures to accomplish certain goals. The levels are always new and unique, but the common goal is to get a certain amount of goo balls into a pipe at the end.

It keeps getting better as I go along, and continues to amaze me with its excellent design, and absolutely divine music.

So who else got this, or is thinking about getting it, and for those of you who got it what do you think of it.

Steelicks

Come here and Battle me!
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
yeah man ive heard this is really good and ive definitely got my eye on it. ill download it when its released in europe

you can also buy the PC version of it on steam...

World of Goo is brilliant. Hopefully it does well and the developers follow up their success with a level pack or sequel. There are quite a few exotic goo combinations that are not explored during the game and it'd be unfortunate if they remained untested.

incredible game, best ive played on wiiware and probably best game ive played all year!
totally innovative, everything just sublime...

ive started attempting the OCDs, ive done most of them in world one

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
yeah man ive heard this is really good and ive definitely got my eye on it. ill download it when its released in europe

you can also buy the PC version of it on steam...
Is it just me or did you forget which continent you live on!

I'll get the PC version as soon as Steam goes 50% off. Yeah, I'm cheap like that :o I don't turn my Wii on enough to buy it on that although I do have some points to burn... I'll try the demo out.

I just got it for my Wii.
For 15 bucks you can't go wrong, but I'd honestly pay full retail price for this. It is actually better than most large scale games and I'd put in way up there for my favorite of the year!

I played it at my friend's house, and it was really cool. It also had kind of a weird and mysterious tone. Sorta reminded me of Tim Burton works, for some odd reason.

Would you guys recommend it on the Wii or the PC? I've heard it's great, and was wondering which is more fun, etc.

Steelicks

Come here and Battle me!
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i'd say for the wii, because fuck me, the wii catalogue is crap and you need to get some use out of the system. i havent played the PC version though, so i dont know for sure

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
This game is fucking brilliant.

I ended up getting it for the Wii, even though the PC control scheme is superior, because it's way easier to play with friends and family on the Wii than it is on the PC.

Hmmm... Maybe i'll get both, just for the availability... My friend has it and loves it, so I think it's time I get it too. Thanks for the input.

The part about "the PC control scheme is superior" is why I wanted input. I had a feeling that would be the case. w/e. It's not very expensive, and it's my birthday, so I'll get some money xD

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Honestly, the Wiimote control actually isn't bad at all. It obviously isn't as accurate as a mouse can be, but it's not -bad- by any means (and is probably about as accurate as a ball mouse).

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
although it looks pretty cool, i've checked out a few gameplay videos and there doesnt seem to be anything 'revolutionary' other than the fact that 2d physics got used in something other than a flash game...?

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
although it looks pretty cool, i've checked out a few gameplay videos and there doesnt seem to be anything 'revolutionary' other than the fact that 2d physics got used in something other than a flash game...?
Just download the demo on Steam and try it out. Personally, it hasn't done anything for me yet.

No game is perfect for everyone. The game play is good, but its the level design, music, and the atmosphere of the game that really hooked me.

Steelicks

Come here and Battle me!
yeah Llama basically thats the selling point for me too. although some of the later puzzles are truely ingenius... i'd assume the ones provided in the demo are the pretty easy puzzles

Surgo

goes to eleven
Flash games generally aren't polished to perfection.

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
enjoying everything about this apart from the levels in which one has to "catch" the line of goos from spikes

atmosphere, music, design etc are all incredible

worms meets nightmare before christmas meets lemmings meets day of the tentacle

or something

Nah, I got it yesterday. I didn't feel it was very good. You can play a game similar to it online. Search Fantastic Contraptions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)