Status
Not open for further replies.

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ACTUAL_OMWC_IMAGE_NOT_EDITED.png

Art by Ticken edit by Sectonia

Scheduling
Scheduling should be done on Smogon VM walls, plain and simple.
If there is no communication on VM walls and a game goes undone, it will be left to the RNG to decide the winner.
If there is communication on only one user's behalf, the win will go to them. Feel free to call activity in this thread beforehand.
If there is a very healthy back and forth regarding potential times and one user is a no-show, a captain may take the opportunity to sub out the no-show competitor; if this is not done, the user that showed up responsibly will be awarded the win.

TL;DR: VM your opponents, schedule your matches, and be reliable. If you're not reliable, let your captain know so they can sub you out ASAP.

Use these VM's to initiate discussion about bo1 or bo3 as well!

Sportsmanship
Exhibitions of unsportsmanlike conduct with regards to World Cup of Other Metas III will be met with an infraction at the discretion of the WCOOM III hosts. This is unlikely to include interactions within a team's private chat unless there is reason found to make an exception.
  • Inappropriate nicknames: Games in which a player uses nicknames that break PS! rules will be forfeited, and the player will be removed from the tour. Replays are required for this tour, so it is important that PS! and Smogon rules are followed in these games.
  • Toxic Behavior: Insulting, flaming, and intentional timer stalling are some examples of toxic behavior. Instances of toxic behavior will be reviewed, and the appropriate punishment will be handed out at the discretion of the hosts and OM forum moderators.
These rules are meant to protect other users from being publicly flamed/bashed/provoked by another competitor for the duration of and following the tournament, as well as keep it a safe site for all.

All players must complete their matches by the given deadline. Any incomplete matches by that time may be subject to activity decision (MAKE SURE YOU POST ON YOUR OPPONENT'S VM WALL); otherwise, they will be decided via !pick publicly in the Other Metas Room. All matches should ideally be done on your most notable alt (the one you registered for WCOOM III with) to avoid confusion and the replay must be saved and posted in this thread. The replays will be archived in a separate thread, and will be used to calculate usage stats.

Substitutions
Captains, if you wish to make any substitutions, you must post here tagging both the player you're subbing out, the player you're subbing in, the captains of the opposing team, the substitute's opponent(s), and myself. This is to assure that everyone is in-the-loop and that the OP is updated accordingly to reflect the new match-up.

:wingull: US West [4]-[2] France :wigglytuff:
Managers - Kris, Avery | Dragonillis, LBDC
SS Almost Any Ability - quojova vs. Atha
SS Balanced Hackmons
- cityscapes vs. damflame 3
SS Camomons - anaconja vs. Altthiel
SS Mix and Mega - DerpyBoi vs. aesf
SS NFE
- lepton vs. PandaDoux
SS STABmons - Byleth vs. LBDC

:gyarados: Asia Pacific [2]-[4] Europe :metagross:
Managers - Redflix, MAMP | Lasen, The Number Man
SS Almost Any Ability - Dj Breloominati♬ vs. Quagg
SS Balanced Hackmons
- MAMP vs. Ivar57
SS Camomons - Euphonos vs. The Number Man
SS Mix and Mega
- TectonicDestroyer vs. Shing'n Streets
SS NFE - King Leo V vs. tlenit
SS STABmons
- The Immortal vs. Ainzcrad

You have until Sunday, December 19th @ 11:59PM EST to finish all of your games.

Last edited:

Dr. Phd. BJ

aphasia
is a defending SCL Champion
OMPL Champion
Predictions since there is extra time for players to john, and you already know most games are getting played on the final weekend
:wingull:US West vs. France:wigglytuff:
[2]-[4]
SS Almost Any Ability
- quojova vs. Atha - France has been dominant in aaa the past couple years in world cup, boasting an 11-0 record (according to Dragonillis). Atha has done as well as expected, and the team that atha used vs racool in tiebreak was extremely creative. France has a lot of aaa support, and is easily the strongest country/region as far as aaa talent goes at the moment. Quojova hasn't played a game yet in world cup, and he isn't an aaa main. He's a solid player that had success in om swiss, however I don't think atha is losing for the rest of this tour.
SS Balanced Hackmons - cityscapes vs. damflame 3 - City 4-0'd one of the toughest pools in wc, and is arguably the best bh player on this site. City also has a ton of support since us west actually hoarded 90% of the bh players. If that wasn't enough, city won the no imposter tour, and was runner-up in BH ssnl. Damflame has looked okay in bh, and France is actually not negative in bh this tour. However, there is clearly a gap in play between city + west and damflame + france when it comes to bh.
SS Camomons - anaconja vs. Altthiel - Anaconja and Alternatif are both 2-2. Anaconja's builds have been very passive up to this point, whereas Alternatif has used some sets that are cool, and I have liked their teams for the most part. Alternatif has been subbed out for Altthiel, however I don't think this will too much of a difference? It will be interesting to see how each player adapts to camo after the most recent ban slate. This game is a tossup in my eyes, but I will give the edge to Altthiel because I enjoy the teams I have seen France use up to this point.
SS Mix and Mega - DerpyBoi vs. aesf - DerpyBoi started off strong in mnm and has used offensive picks this tour. Derpy has been solid, but I would like to see them make more "micro plays" that makes games less hard to win. On the other hand, aesf is a complete wild card. I didn't think the team aesf brought vs chazm in tiebreak was optimal, but I think he will learn from it. Overall, I think aesf is a better player than derpy, and I trust aesf to build a more optimal team this week.
SS NFE - lepton vs. PandaDoux - Really interesting matchup, both players are a combined 7-1 this tour, with lepton being the only undefeated player in the nfe pools. I was specifically impressed with Panda's win vs Stareal, especially the second half of that battle. This battle should showcase high level nfe, and I am curious to see what each player will bring. Another tossup, but if Panda plays the way they did vs Stareal, I think it'd be very hard for Panda to lose.
SS STABmons - Byleth vs. LBDC - Byleth is yet another 4-0 player from US West. Byleth's play has been great thus far, and I don't think we have seen his best builds up to this point. On the other hand, LBDC hasn't had the best record this tour (2-3), but I have really liked all of their builds and don't think that his record indicates how in touch they are with stab. LBDC is also coming off of a tiebreak win vs stresh, which is no easy task. With the recent bans to Aegislash and Dragonite, this makes building much easier. STABmons has had the most variety in usage out of all 6 tiers so far, and I am really interested to see how each player will adapt to the new meta. Byleth has the edge on paper, but I expect this to be an entertaining match.

:gyarados:Asia Pacific vs. Europe :metagross:
[3]-[3]
SS Almost Any Ability
- Dj Breloominati♬ vs. Quagg - After getting subbed in to aaa, spitfire arcanine has looked solid despite losing racool in a very tight match, and losing to atha (understandable). Quagg has grinded aaa recently, and the results have definitely showed in world cup with a 3-1 record. It will be interesting to see what each player brings, because neither player is known for being a consistent aaa builder. I do think Quagg is favored to win this, but this game is definitely on my radar.
SS Balanced Hackmons - MAMP vs. Ivar57 - Yet another game that is very close skill wise, MAMP has a ton of experience in BH and hasn't lost in his main in swiss or world cup. On the other hand, Ivar has placed well in BH ssnl, performed well in swiss, runner-up in the no imposter tour, and is 3-1 with his only loss being to cityscapes. This is probably the match of the week, but MAMP just simply doesn't lose
SS Camomons - Euphonos vs. The Number Man - A battle between camo council members, it will be interesting to see how each player adapts to the new meta. Euphonos has brought some unorthodox sets so far, and the results have varied. TNM has brought more traditional builds and has been the best camo player so far, possessing a 3-1 record and falling one game shy of going undefeated. TNM is likely the favorite, but if there is anyone who knows what tnm uses it is probably Euphonos.
SS Mix and Mega - TectonicDestroyer vs. Shing'n Streets - A former Temper Tyrantrum, TectonicDestroyer just keeps winning mnm games in a team tour setting. If I were to compare him to a basketball player, it would be Andre Iguodala (doppelgangers). On the other hand, I haven't seen Shing play mnm and have no clue how they are getting teams or test games. If I were to compare Shing to a basketball player, it would most certainly be Andrei Kirilenko (European). Of everyone in om world cup, open shot, the fate of the universe on the line, the Martians have the death beam pointed at earth, you better hit it, I WANT TECTONICDESTROYER.
SS NFE - King Leo V vs. tlenit - King Leo V has been very busy, and I don't know how much time they are able to prep week in and week out. On the other hand, tlenit will play 2 people at once with the same team and still get a win. If Leo has extensive time to prep, this match will be intriguing to say the very least. However, I think tlenit will pull off the win this week.
SS STABmons - The Immortal vs. Ainzcrad - TI has been one of the best stab players this tour despite possibly forgetting that Drapion has battle armor? Europe has subbed in Ainzcrad for terra, which is definitely something. I have no clue what to expect from them, so that makes this match kinda tough to project. Europe has yet to win in stab, so it is hard to expect immediate results vs someone who has played stab for as long as TI has. I think TI's builds have been good, his play has been very solid, and it is hard to predict against him with very little knowledge of Ainzcrad in stab.

If you take these predictions to heart, honestly I would really hate to see that and I will send my condolences to you and your family mb in advance <3

Last edited:

Osake

Hasta Siempre
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
I'll ignore messages about the deadline, one if complaining that it's too long and the other is saying that he doesn't have time to play in time, kekw bring Ren rfn you cowards.

Also uhn this is basically Dr. Phd. BJ's predicts but worst, but w/e I still give my opinion but he's definitely a better writer than me

:wingull: US West [4]-[2] France :wigglytuff: (this is the wrong mon buddy!) :greninja:
Managers - Kris, Avery | Dragonillis, LBDC (best manager, he gave his luck to his players)
SS Almost Any Ability - quojova vs. Atha 100% agree with what Dr. Phd. BJ said, atha is very very talented and top 3 of AAA rn, maybe top 1 depending on how you look at him, impressive 5-0 in pools, and high support if needed, I don't think quojova can stop him here.
SS Balanced Hackmons - cityscapes vs. damflame 3 cf above and Dr. Phd. BJ predict, impressive 4-0 in a tough BH pool when damflame went in 1-2 without being really impressive imo, and while none of those players are bad city is just too strong rn.
SS Camomons - anaconja vs. Altthiel I haven't watched anaconja games, but even if Altthiel is pretty strong and had a great result during the RIP Camo Ladder Tour, he doesn't play really actively the tier (ok there is no ladder but still) and I think anaconja will win this but this'll be close imo.
SS Mix and Mega - DerpyBoi vs. aesf aesf MnM main is back, he lost against Chazm in a close and great game and even if DerpyBoi is not bad in MnM I just think aesf is like veryyyyy strong in every tier and he'll prep hard for this semis so I except him to win here
SS NFE - lepton vs. PandaDoux Imo this is the battle of the 'NFE underdogs', they both did p well during pools and this will be surely a cool game. I'll bold lepton for the 4-0 record, but I won't be suprise if PandaDoux wins this.
SS STABmons - Byleth vs. LBDC I'm waiting for LBDC bringing HO, idk how long it will last until he's getting tired of being HO'd everytime and bring its own. Otherwise, Byleth made a great performance in pools, and I think they are on a better trend than LBDC, despite his win against stresh which was impressive, but this will be a fun game for sure!

Sorry french friends ;_; I'm always predicting against you it's... in my nature, I hope you'll win tho, and congratz for reaching semis !! (also f XxSevagxX you coward I would have helped you ;__;)
:gyarados: Asia Pacific [5]-[1] Europe :metagross:
Managers - Redflix, MAMP | Lasen, The Number Man everyone wins when flix is in the pairing, boo, bad cap
SS Almost Any Ability - Dj Breloominati♬ vs. Quagg Quagg fan BUT Spitfire the Noob greatest fan, two players that I really like to watch they always have great games, I'll enjoy this one a lot but I'll bold Dj because he has my help and Quagg has not. (jk, it's a negative help, but basically I had to bold someone even tho I wanted to bold the vs :'')
SS Balanced Hackmons - MAMP vs. Ivar57 MAMP the CHAMP is gonna perfect the whole tour you red it here in first
SS Camomons - Euphonos vs. The Number Man even if TNM brought veryy classic teams the whole tour, I think he's a more solid player than Euphonos, even if he brings fun stuff I don't think it's always optimal and I think he'll win. However, both of them know each other pretty well so it will probably be a hard prep for them.
SS Mix and Mega - TectonicDestroyer vs. Shing'n Streets tect said I was good in AAA he deserves to win cya
SS NFE - King Leo V vs. tlenit the KING is back and will remain undefeated in semis and finals you red it here in first. I think going in 1-3 during pools will act as a shock for Leo and he'll focus more here, he really doens't want to lose and will crush everyone from now.
SS STABmons - The Immortal vs. Ainzcrad no idea of Ainzcrad's level, TI played well during pools, nothing much to say sorry

5-1 is probably too much because all the games are very close, good luck to all of you !

have fun y'all, take care, may the luckiest win, remember that I'm BAD so my opinion doesn't count and you are way better than me so who cares of what a random predicts ?
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

If anyone is interested, here is the schedule during this semifinals (all GMT=0)
I'll edit this message if I can be more precise about the schedule.

:wingull: US West - France :greninja-ash:

SS Almost Any Ability - quojova vs Atha : Sunday 19th, 4 PM
SS Balanced Hackmons - cityscapes vs damflame 3 : Friday 17th, 10 PM
SS Camomons - anaconja vs Altthiel : Sunday 19th 9 PM
SS Mix and Mega - DerpyBoi vs aesf : Saturday 11th 8 PM
SS NFE - lepton vs PandaDoux : Saturday 18th 8 PM
SS STABmons - Byleth vs LBDC : Sunday 19th 5 PM

Last edited:

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
If anyone is interested, here is the schedule during this semifinals (all GMT=0)
I'll edit this message if I can be more precise about the schedule.

:wingull: US West - France :greninja-ash:

SS Almost Any Ability - quojova vs Atha : weekend of 18-19th december
SS Balanced Hackmons - cityscapes vs damflame 3 : Friday 17th, 10 PM
SS Camomons - anaconja vs Altthiel : Sunday 19th 9 PM
SS Mix and Mega - DerpyBoi vs aesf : Saturday 11th 8 PM
SS NFE - lepton vs PandaDoux : Friday 17th 8 PM
SS STABmons - Byleth vs LBDC : Saturday 18 5 PM
how did you let JOHN EUROPE play 2 games before you, potentially 3 you should be ashamed of yourselves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)