The Lead

Jirachi@Choice Scarf
252 Atk/176 Spe/80 Hp
Jolly
Iron Head
U-Turn
Stealth Rock
Trick

Jirachi is my lead, and a darn good one at that. I almost always go with iron head for a flinch, and taking out the lead without them getting any rocks up. If I go against something that resists iron head or a wall, trick them to cripple them for the rest of the match. Then I would set up rocks, and u-turn to a counter. Sometimes rocks take a back seat to momentum with u-turn, so I would like help with that problem.

The Sweeper

Gyarados@Leftovers
156 Hp/108 Atk/100 Def/144 Spe
Adamant
Waterfall
Taunt
Dragon Dance
Stone Edge

Gyarados is listed as my sweeper, but he is much more than that. He weakens the team in the middle of the game, so that one of my fast, late game sweepers can finish. If the opponent is careless, he can easily sweep on his own. Waterfall is stab, and stone edge offers the best coverage to go with waterfall. Taunt is great to shut down whirlwinders, while beating celebi and skarmory. Dragon dance is the best move in the set, allowing gyarados to set up with +1 speed and attack, easily netting itself two or more KO's a game.

The Avenger

Gengar@Choice Scarf
252 SpAtk/252 Spe/4 Hp
Timid
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power (Ice)

Gengar could possibly be the most important member of the team. He is the glue that keeps me from getting swept from all of the top sweepers. He revenge kills salamence after a DD, Gyarados after two, Tyranitar after two, scarf Flygon, Lucario and Empoleon. Shadow ball is stab, and it hurts anything that doesn't resist it coming off gengar's base 130 Special attack stat. Focus Blast kills Tyranitar and Magnezone, and Thunderbolt is for Gyarados and other waters. Hidden Power (Ice) rounds off the set, killing dragons and grass types.

The late game

Jolteon@Choice Specs
252 SpAtk/252 Spe/4 Hp
Timid
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power (Ice)
Shadow Ball
Baton Pass

Jolteon was the last member of the team, but it sure is a great one. Stab thunderbolt coming off base 110 special attack and choice specs hurts. Hidden Power hurts what thunderbolt doesn't, while shadow ball is there because of jolteon's shallow movepool. Baton pass might look weird because there are no stat boosting moves, but it is great. You can scout their jolteon counter, while gaining momentum.

The late game, part 2

Infernape@Life Orb
64 Atk/252 SpAtk/192 Spe
Naive
Close Combat
Fire Blast
Hidden Power (Ice)
Grass Knot

Infernape is my second late game sweeper. It sure is great at its job, even if it is thought to be washed up. Close combat KO's Blissey and special walls that come in to sponge the special attacks, while fire blast is great, powerful stab. Hidden power kills off dragons that resist both of my stabs, and grass knot hurts bulky waters, such as swampert, that come in and take fire blast.

Game over

Scizor@Choice Band
248 Hp/252 Atk/8 Spe
Adamant
U-Turn
Pursuit
Superpower
Bullet Punch

Scizor is the last part of my late game sweeper trio. He also helps Gengar revenge kill, while also weakening pokemon mid game for a Jolteon or Infernape sweep. U-turn is spammed early and mid game, damaging anything, while keeping scizor safe. Pursuit is probably the move I use least, but it is useful. You can take out a Gengar, Alakazam or Celebi that is causing your team problems. Superpower also isn't used much, but it is useful as well. It KO's heatran and magnezone, two of Scizor's biggest counters. The best move on this set is what made Scizor the number one OU, bullet punch. It revenges problematic pokemon, such as Gengar, Alakazam and other frail pokemon such as Azelf.

Summary
This team has a very good record, but not good enough. It probably wins 85-90% of its games, but I would like it to win 100%. It is a wifi team, so please try not to suggest too many new pokemon. I do have a large pool of pokemon to choose from, so a couple suggestion about changing pokemon should be okay.

Anyways, rate, hate or steal, just please help me with my team!

Nice team overall. But I think you should consider Hidden Power Grass on Jolteon for the element of Surprise. You already have HP Ice on Gengar/Infernape. Without HP Grass, you'll find youself in trouble trying to shut down a Adamant Swampert [Yeah, maybe they are not so commom, but a regular Swampert dents 4 in 6 pokes of your team already. And you don't have any safety switch to take a income Stone Edge/Stabbed EQ].

Also, I prefer JOlteon as a Late Game sweeper. With HP Grass|Ice / Shadow Ball / Thunderbolt with Expert Belt, it can easily finish destroying a whole weakened team (I've done it more than once, so I know what I'm talking about).

Overall, a sweet team :)

I find that infernape takes out swampert, and gyarados sets up on it, but I will try out that jolteon.

Thanks for the rate!

Anything else anyone?

Okay. If I run hp grass, should I run signal beam to cover grass types? What moves should I run on it?

Jirachi wants Adamant 252 Atk / 252 spe / 6 HP to outspeed the same things 176 spe jolly does as well as gives more power with adamant.

As jirachi hits 448 with Adamant 252 spe and 462 with jolly 176 and you don't outrun anything you can't outrun with 448.

Your team is decently frail so you might wanna vouch for a more bulky gyarados then your current one to actually get some decent bulk on your team as when running frailer offense you might want more priority then just one pokemon and at least some bulk to take care of threats.

Here's a good set;

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Intimidate
216 HP / 64 Atk / 184 Def / 44 Spe
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Taunt
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake

Due partly to Intimidate, Gyarados makes an exceptional switch-in to Scizor and Lucario. Taunt is the mainstay of this set, allowing Gyarados to stop set-ups, especially Curse Snorlax and Empoleon. Importantly, it prevents Blissey from using Thunder Wave and prevents Skarmory from phazing my boosts. Waterfall utilizes STAB and works fine as a secondary Infernape / Heatran counter. 216 HP Ev's reaches a total of 385, one more than the maximum leftovers point to yield an odd number indivisible by four (in case that SR could not be removed). The defense investment and nature gives a jump point and allows Gyarados to survive a +0 Outrage from LO Salamence, as well as surviving +2 Stone Edge from Jolly Hyper Cutter Gliscor, each with SR damage accounted for to be safe. Adamant Lucario +1 Close Combat, the most powerful attack most SD Lucarios can muster, only manages 45%. This specific investment gives it the liberty to deal with physical and special Infernape, since it can survive a +1 Infernape Stone Edge and Grass Knot from Mixape does insignificant damage. 44 Ev's in speed yields 209, enough to beat no speed Cresselia and Rotom as well as Lucario after one DD and all Scarf Heatran after 2 DD's. The rest was put into attack, which guarantees an OHKO on Salamence with Stone Edge after SR and LO damage. Without Stone Edge, this is significant as it means that Breloom's Substitute will always be broken if it runs 4 HP (not a bad idea in itself) and standard Breloom's Sub is broken around 83% of the time. Eq can be run with those speed evs to outrun standard subpetaya empoleon and KO before it gets an agility.

^Credit to kingdrom

Gengar/Jolteon look good except you should run hp grass oon jolteon to hit pert hard if ape trys to switch in on an EQ or Surf. Scizor is standard but consider running an SD scizor spread over it.

Gl with your team

Thanks for the rate =)

I will for sure try the hp grass on jolteon.

I am really happy with my gyarados, thanks for the suggestion.

Jolly jirachi is good, I sometimes find that I miss out on 2hko/Okho's though.

I don't have problems with lucario, gengar is the best counter for it, and scizor is countered by gyarados, while jirachi and infernape do a fine job with it, as well as jolteon. Thanks for all of the advise guys!

User 40136

Banned deucer.
Hey Gary this is sharma27.
This looks like a pretty good team, however I have some suggestions.
I would recommend changing the scarf Gengar into a scarf Latias. Lucario is not a problem with Gyarados and Jirachi, so Gengars ghost typing is unneeded. Latias will give you alot more bulk, and will give you an additional check to Jolteon, Zapdos, Infernape, ect. a late game Jolteon could destroy you if your own Jolteon is gone. I would make Latias' moveset Trick, Thunderbolt, Draco Meteor, Surf/Dragon Pulse
If you need a good timid Latias ill trade you a perfect one for a clone of your lead jirach! ;)

Also, on your Jolteon, i would recommend you change HP Ice to HP Grass. Thunderbolt kills Salamence after SR anyway, and you have Flygon and Gliscor covered with Gyarados and scarfed Latias. :)

Everything else on this team is good. I hope you liked my suggestions!

Thanks for the rate :)

I will try out that scarf latias, that sure sounds like a good suggestion. I will also try out that hp grass on jolteon, as a lot of people have suggested that.

Come on people, I need more rates!

The SPrinkLer

Banned deucer.
I think you should change your Jolteon set, as 4 Choicers is somewhat redundant in the standard tier. Try this set, it's still effective, and a very effective sweeper.

Jolteon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
4 hp/252 spa/ 252 spd
-Charge Beam
-HP Grass
-Thunderbolt
-Shadow Ball

You could put Baton Pass in there somewhere, but generally, none of your Pokemon benefit from it. Infernape is a hit and run guy. Oh I just realized this is Wi-Fi...put Baton Pass or Signal Beam over it.

Put it over what? If you mean hp grass, I have a flawless, hp grass timid jolteon, its very possible to get.

Okay, so everyone thinks I should run a new jolteon set? I will test it out.

Keep the rates coming guys =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)