XY OU Why would you level up? Level one fear Aron (laddering around 1700)

Preface thingy :3
This is a team I made after playing a lot of deosharp HO as well as some other pretty good teams, I decided to make a team that would be really fun to use rather than death serious, so I jumped on an alt at low ladder, somewhere around 1400, and began having some fun \^~^/ it actually ended up being pretty decent, I was able to use it around 1700, but then i began struggling to really do anything, as I climbed the ladder I found that this team to be kinda gimmicky, but still decent overall. I was using a special offensive TTar w/ smooth rock over hippo, butI really think that hippos ability to heal itself is good as gold on this team, but let's get into it :D
Aron
image.jpg

Aron (M) @ Shell Bell
Ability: Sturdy
Level: 1
EVs: 252 Atk / 124 Def / 44 SpD
Impish Nature
- Endeavor
- Sandstorm
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

The pokemon this team is build around, the strongest and the weakest pokemon you will ever find. Endeavor is Aron's primary move, which allow him to cut down the opponents life to equally his own. The shell bell allows him to gain 1/8 of the damaged he inflicted on the opponent, meaning that as long as they have over 88 hp, he will be able to re-activate his sturdy. Sandstorm allows him to manually setup his own sweep condition on a poke that cannot touch him, such as a hazard lead or scolipide. Stealth rocks allow him to get some hazard on the field on switches into ghost types. and roar... Kinda filler move, might be important vs baton pass, if they are behind a sub.

Hippodon
image.jpg

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Toxic
- Slack Off

The weather inducer as well as this teams best answer to Thundurus. EQ is the main stab, and stone edge allows him to 2hko Thundurus, it also have a great chance of KOing after two turns of sand an LO recoil. Hippo is also a lot easier to keep alive for an entire mach compared to TTar. Toxic is chosen to where down the likes of lando-I and latios as well as caching checks on the switch, such as keldeo.

Scizor
image.jpg

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Roost

Scizor is my mega poke of choise, due to its good bulk, high attack stat and reliable priority in bullet punch, letting him fulfill both sweeping and revenge killing purposes. I have chosen max hp max attack over the bulky sd because I need all the power I can get in other to most successfully power through and KO potential sweepers, especially if Aron is fainted. Knock off is able to punish switching by removing their items, as well as granting better coverage than bug bite, with bullet punch.

Keldeo
image.jpg

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Flying]

Keldeo is essential to this team due to its great defensive typing, as well as it's offensive power, being able to OHKO a lot of threats with hydro miss pump and secret sword, it's ability to eat sucker- and bullet punches is essential to this team. it's able to reliably take out opposing bisharps, mawiles and scizors, even if they sets up. Scald is a more reliable water attack, which also threaten physical mons with a burn, and hp flying can catch mega venu on the switch, and KO the likes of breloom after sandstorm damage to break the sash.

Landorus
image.jpg

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast

Lando is the hardest hitter on this team, and with its coverage it can reliably weaken or even sweep slower teams, if played right nothing, aside chansey/blisey can really switch into this thing. Each power is it's main stab which will do a ton to everything that is not immune to- or resist it. the other moves are all for the coverage, mainly to hit something super effectively, or catching a 2hko on something that, tries to switch in on a predicted each power.

Zapdos
image.jpg

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 68 SpA / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Zapdos is essential to this team, being an answer to flying spam, granting defog support for aron and finally, with u-turn it can let Aron switch in without fearing to brake it's sturdy, as long as it's slower than the opponent. Zapdos is also able to beat a lot of water types, such as azumarill, which is a threat to a lot of the mons on this team. Zapdos is kinda frail for a defensive mon, and it sometimes have a hard time switching in and defogging, however I cannot find a single other pokemon that can fulfill its role on the team.

Threats
the main threats to my team is fast special sweepers, that outspeed my entire team, such as greninja thundorus and keldeo, especially keldeo, as it can even threaten Aron with a burn. my best bet is pretty much to kill it w/ endeavor, or 1v1 with my own keldeo. As for thund and gren I can beat them w/ hippo and sciz respectively.

Final note
thanks for reading n' stuff, hope to hear some suggestions ^^ cya!​

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)