Project What's His Last? NU Edition [Week 27 | Voting]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadestep

volition immanent
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
It was pretty close this week, with 4 participants picking up 4 votes, but there is 1 person that peaked out above all of them, being Aurosis , congrats!
MrAldoPls:always vote sawk <-- Aurosis wins with his Sawk suggestion, giving him his first win! :)
Lax's Hitmonchan: 1 Vote
Aurosis' Sawk: 9 Votes
Rapture.'s Mega-Audino: 4 Votes
NV's Jynx: 6 Votes
Aladyyn's Vullaby: 2 Votes
Disjunction's Hariyama: 6 Votes
Orphic's Malamar: 5 Votes
Praeda's Poliwrath: 1 Vote
MaroGod's Weezing: 0 Votes

Now onto week 4! the team for this week was provided to me by lovely user and good friend NV , thanks for that!
It is a quite balanced team, featuring SPL-Slayer Sliggoo, CB Hitmonchan, and special LO Sceptile. supporting these threats are Xatu and Steelix, which give the team a much-needed fighting resist and Normal-type check, as well as Rocks + anti-hazards!

Sliggoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Outrage

Steelix @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 244 HP / 180 Atk / 84 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Hitmonchan @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Rapid Spin

Xatu @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 180 Def / 80 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- U-turn
- Psychic
- Roost
- Thunder Wave

Sceptile @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Rock Slide
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Posting period is live now! Get your suggestions in before fridaynight!

Last edited:

Flareon @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flare Blitz
- Protect
- Wish

Noticed a massive ice-type weakness on this team (Sliggoo, Xatu and Sceptile) from namely Jynx who can Ice Beam those three, Focus Blast the Steelix and Psychic the Hitmonchan. Most special ice-types cannot touch Specially Defensive Flareon (it's tanky as hell), and with Flash Fire the Flareon can absorb any Will-O-Wisp/fire-type move attempting to ruin the Hitmonchan and Steelix. A Flash Fire boosted Flare Blitz from Flareon should not be taken lightly.

4 Atk Flash Fire Flareon Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Thick Fat Piloswine: 198-234 (49 - 57.9%)
4 Atk Flash Fire Flareon Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Thick Fat Hariyama: 184-217 (42.8 - 50.5%)

Even Pokemon that resist fire moves with Thick Fat do not enjoy a boosted Flare Blitz when something has to switch in on it. Protect and Wish are on there for an added support role that Flareon has to offer. It can be used to bring Steelix back up to Sturdy and heal other members of the team.

upload_2016-2-22_11-35-46.jpeg

Grumpig @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Signal Beam

I decided not to go with Special AV Tank Pig since Sligoo already did that basically. Other than offensive pressure and a weak Xatu's uturn, this team didnt have much for Malamar as well as Ice types like Praeda mentioned. However Grumpig can deal with Malamar decently with a Colbur berry and Signal Beam and can actually switch into any attacks of the 2 most common ICe types, Jynx and Aurorus, and hit them hard with either Signal Beam or Focus blast respectively. Flareon deals with Abomasnow a bit better but it is easily 2hkoed by either two Specs Earthpowers or 2 Psyshocks from Sash Jynx. It also gives the team a better win con then SLigoo versus bad match ups such as Steelix, Mega Audino or Clefairy.

Edit: ALso adds another fighting resist doh!

Last edited:

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 40 HP / 156 Def / 204 SpD / 108 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell
- Toxic

Team loves the support Lanturn provides. Another Electric check can't hurt, a Water-type, and a pivot. Plus, Heal Bell rocks with Steelix. Has good synergy with the team in general, and makes the team complete in my opinion! Also takes care of Ice-types quite handily, except Piloswine! And it provides a secondary Charizard check to fall back on. My pick is Lanturn.

Carracosta @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Rash Nature
- Shell Smash
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Aqua Jet

Now, Why Mixed? Its a much better set then simple Special/psychical, AJ is the much needed priority, and ice beam helps bait any grass type that thinks its a easy KO, And as mentioned below, Anti hazards will likely = a ko due to baiting, even after this is known, Its still a consistant mon for grass types, and sometimes could force a switch from sceptile

I think carracosta would fit nicely On this team, With Anti hazards it can safely go in on Half the tier +, it mixes nicely with sliggo, as anything that walls this out, sliggo can generally handle.

Charizard check, that again, this team needs. (it handles i think every single zard other then full bulk, but i havent seen full bulk yet n_n)

In the end i think carracosta Would fit on this team, as more of a late game sweeper, But dont think it cant be useful without shell smash, as that is simply untrue.

Rapture

I got so much time today

Articuno @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Roost
- Hurricane
- Freeze Dry
If having to run two mons to keep hazards off the field isn't a testament to how bad our hazard removal options are in nu then idk what is lol. Anyway Offensive Articuno makes a decent enough last for the team since it's a good ice check and an offensive water check since Sliggoo obviously doesn't like switching into the likes of Samurott just to eat an ice beam. Also really appreciates the extensive means of hazard removal to pull a lot of shenanigans with Substitute + Pressure.

Skuntank @ Shuca Berry / Lum Berry
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 232 Atk / 132 SpD / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch / Crunch
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab
- Taunt

The team has not much for Musharna Calm Mind pass, as well the team is pretty weak to other CM bulky psychic's (with only Steelix as resist which is easily taken advantage of). So Skuntank fits as last here, it helps with the bulky CM psychic weakness of the team. Taunt is so Musharna is not able to Baton pass. Crunch is also a option over sucker punch for Xatu's (which can be annoying as well).

Hingo

Banned deucer.

Charizard @ Choice Specs
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Air Slash
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Electric]

I decided to go with Specs Charizard here because with specs you can deal really big holes to your opponents teams while also outspeeding many bulky threats. With fire blast, you can 2HKO bulky CM mons like Musharna and Audino. It can also deal with fighting types such as Hariyama and Gurdurr with air slash easily 2HKOing Assult Vest Hariyama. Focus blast is for helping against ice threats such as Piloswine who carries thick fat and opposing normal spam mons such as Pyroar and Kangaskhan. I also added hidden power electric as not many people will expect it to counter water and opposing flying mons such as Mantine and Peliper as Mantine is one of the more common mons seen on bulky teams.

Here are also some calcs i did with this specs charizard:
252 SpA Choice Specs Charizard Hidden Power Electric vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Pelipper: 468-552 (144.8 - 170.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Charizard Hidden Power Electric vs. 252 HP / 16+ SpD Mantine: 236-280 (70.6 - 83.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Charizard Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Piloswine: 348-410 (86.1 - 101.4%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Charizard Air Slash vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Hariyama: 236-278 (55 - 64.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Charizard Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Audino: 195-229 (47.5 - 55.8%) -- 78.5% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Charizard Fire Blast vs. 240 HP / 16 SpD Musharna: 244-288 (56.3 - 66.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

As it has been mentioned, I see the biggest weaknesses to this team being CM Psychics, Ice Types, and Special Water Types who have ice coverage to hit Sligod.

Lapras @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
Modest Nature
-Hydro Pump
-Freeze Dry
-Signal Beam
-Frost Breath

Lapras can switch into special Samurott, Xatu, and Musharna as well as random scalds that would wear down Sceptile or Sligoo.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Lapras Signal Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Jynx: 210-248 (77.4 - 91.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Lapras Freeze-Dry vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Samurott: 422-498 (127.4 - 150.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Lapras Frost Breath vs. 240 HP / 16 SpD Musharna on a critical hit: 186-220 (42.9 - 50.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Lapras Frost Breath vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Xatu on a critical hit: 330-390 (98.8 - 116.7%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Lapras Freeze-Dry vs. 252 HP / 16+ SpD Mantine: 376-448 (112.5 - 134.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Lapras Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Hariyama: 160-189 (37.2 - 44%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Regice @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 216 HP / 252 SpA / 40 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam / Frost Breath
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic / Focus Blast

Regice is so cool @_@. Basically Regi patches up the teams immense weakness to Ice types, taking little to nothing from even the strongest Ice type attacks in the tier. The team is also fairly slow, so T-wave support can be really helpful. Toxic also wears down checks to special Sceptile such as Hariyama and Musharna opening the door for Sceptile late game. Regice also destroys Steelix/Mantine cores with it's Bolt-Beam coverage, giving Sliggoo and Hitmonchan an opportunity to put in work. Overall Regice is a great glue mon for this team that fulfills a lot of roles at once.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Refrigerate Aurorus Hyper Voice vs. 216 HP / 4 SpD Regice: 70-83 (19.7 - 23.3%) -- possible 5HKO
252 SpA Jynx Ice Beam vs. 216 HP / 4 SpD Regice: 36-43 (10.1 - 12.1%) -- possible 9HKO
252 SpA Jynx Psyshock vs. 216 HP / 0 Def Regice: 120-142 (33.8 - 40%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Jynx Focus Blast vs. 216 HP / 4 SpD Regice: 130-154 (36.6 - 43.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Abomasnow Blizzard vs. 216 HP / 4 SpD Regice: 55-65 (15.4 - 18.3%) -- possible 6HKO
252+ SpA Regice Ice Beam vs. 244 HP / 128 SpD Steelix: 160-190 (45.4 - 53.9%) -- 3.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Regice Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 16+ SpD Mantine: 244-288 (73 - 86.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Last edited:

Shadestep

volition immanent
I'm posting this a bit earlier as my vacation just started and irl > pokemon duuuh.

anyway thanks for the amazing responses all! I keep stressing every week when I look at wednesday and there are only like 2 or 3 replies, but you guys always surprise me with the activity on this, thanks for that!

here's the team again:

Sliggoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Outrage

Steelix @ Leftovers
EVs: 244 HP / 180 Atk / 84 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Hitmonchan @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Rapid Spin

Xatu @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 180 Def / 80 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Psychic
- Roost
- Thunder Wave

Sceptile @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Rock Slide
- Hidden Power [Ice]

here are the competitors this week:
Praeda 's Flareon

Oda 's Grumpig

unfixable 's Lanturn

mjdigit 's Carracosta

Rapture. 's Articuno

Jarii 's Skuntank

Hingo 's Charizard

FeeltheBern16 's Lapras

Aurosis ' Regice

as always, everyone will get 2 votes! Voting stage will go up until sundaynight, so get your votes in quickly!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)