What kind of Blissey do you use (if you use it at all)?

What kind of Blissey do you use?

• Special Wall

Votes: 37 26.2%
  • Cleric

Votes: 29 20.6%
  • WishBliss

Votes: 19 13.5%
  • CMBliss

Votes: 28 19.9%
  • CharmBliss

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Obi's Bliss

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Other (post set)

Votes: 16 11.3%

• Total voters
What in god's name is with all the polls all of the sudden?
Well, I'm just doing this for research, really, so I know which kind of Blissey I'll be more likely to counter (Blissey's a big thing on my new team), and I'm just curious, so...

But if it's really that troublesome, I'd rather have a mod just delete the topic.

The obvious two are the gonna be the special wall/cleric version and the wish/Obi Bliss.

After a while, the majority will probably start to use special wall/cleric Blissey over the Obi version once the hype dies down. I'm not saying that Obi's version is in any way worse, but most people right now are only using it because theyre copying his stall team.

I don't use Blissey often. When I do its usually the WishBliss variety so it feels like its doing more than taking the odd hit until the opponent's stuck leaving his special attacker in. Blissey's great, there's no doubt about that, but I just find her boring to use

I don't use it that often, but when I do, I run the cleric or the following set:

Blissey @ Leftovers
Bold/Modest
252 Def / 252 Sp. Atk.
T-Bolt
I-Beam
Softboiled
T-Wave/Aromatherapy/Support move here

It works pretty well. (I voted for other because this is the one I use most frequently.)

I have two Blisseys.

An uber Blissey, with:

Blissey @ Leftovers
Calm Nature with Serene Grace
252 HP / 252 Sp. Def / 6 Sp. Atk.

Aromatherapy
Ice Beam (For Dragons and such)
Thunder (For Kyogre)
Softboiled

I use this with my Kyogre lead, since Thunder becomes 100% and has a nice 60% paralysis rate (with SG). Ice Beam hit things like Dragons SE and has a 20% freeze rate (ew). Aromatherapy to heal the team and Blissey herself and SB for immediate healing.

I realize that without CM, I'm not hitting things very hard (especially in ubers) but with the 60% paralysis rate/20% freeze rate, and the survivability of Blissey against special attackers, I take my chances.

In OU player, I use the standard Special Wall set (252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Spd) with TWave.

If I do, it's usually a Counter-Bliss.

Sofboiled
Counter
Sing
Ice Beam

252 HP/252 Def
Bold, Serene Grace

My team totally loses to status so I need the Cleric Bliss. Obviously max hp/def, Bold, with aroma, softboiled, i.b, and stoss.

Obi blissey:naughty:heheheehehe
but i often use the ice beam/seismic toss/softboiled/sing with flamethrower instead of ice beam

God forbid the only moves that all Blisseys should have is Wish/Softboiled and Ice Beam. Other 2 are up for grabs and you basically just have every single Blissey set there. =/

Those are just the only -necessary- moves tbh.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
I spam Blissey on every team, and the type of Blissey I use depends. Generally, I use CMBliss if I have Tyranitar/Hippowdon and regular Blissey otherwise, but I've also used many other versions.

ObiBliss?

I like CM Bliss, but I'm sure I'd use WishBliss if I had the chance. Other Blisseys are still extremely useful.

It depends on your team.

If you have Pokemon aching for status, aswell as a status absorber, you won't really need Blissey as a cleric.

With that being said, Obi's Blissey also depends on if you run a stall team, for example, while running Toxic to hit pokemon that Toxic Spikes don't reach. Another example would be his EV investment. He needed a true special wall, one that can stand up to the likes of NP'ing Pokemon. You couldn't really do that with the standard Bold Blissey.

Although, the majority of people I've seen to run the standard cleric Blissey.

Blissey @ Serene Grace
252 HP 252 Def 6 Sp. Def, Bold
------
Defense Curl
Softboiled
Body Slam
Seismic Toss

Note: innovation is highly overrated >_> My blissey can't stop Gengar unless it holds a life orb. Lol. After a Defense Curl, it does survive T-Tar Focus Punches however :-p

I use blissey so rarely. i normally use cradily or regirock in sand stream.

if ever, i go with the standard CM set to stop gyrados in its tracks.

StrangerDanger

RETURN TO COMPETITIVE POKEMON ISLAND
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
How does CM bliss stop Gyarados when Gyarados has taunt and DD?
Easy. You bring her in on a DD, the smart user taunts, Gyarados eat's a Tbolt, and by the time you attack with a waterfall, it's too late unless you flinch her. Even if he DD's the second time over taunt, HAPINASU should still survive +2DD.

Don't use a Blissey on Shoody, but when I used Wi-fi I ran-

Blissey @ Leftovers
Relaxed (best one I had actually)
252 def, 152 hp, 100 sp.atk, 4 spd

Softboiled
Sing
T-bolt
Ice Beam

has no Aromas simply due to the fact that it was better than any other chansey that I had ever bred....

I did notice that it took a lot of crap, usually could survive people's Outraging Chomps, ect. Sing Rules though

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Obi's Bliss is only good for stall teams, but on said teams it's great.

You forgot Defense Curl Blissey. Not fun to battle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)