What is your favorite sauce/condiment/mustard?

Sometimes, when far away from home, I get food from this one guy and he has the best mustard in the universe. He also refuses to tell me exactly what mustard it actually is. It isn't the mustard that anyone else is using.
Regardless, there's a lot of different forms of the same product, and they do different things.

So tell me what it is. I have just one requirement and it's that you should only name liquids, dips, thick gels, or anything similar, such as ketchup, tartar sauce, sesame oil, vegan mayo, soy sauce, sweet chili sauce...

It also helps if you mention the ingredients used to make it, as we'd better understand what it is that makes your favorite sauce(s), your fav sauce.

There was this one ghost pepper hot sauce I always used to get from the farmers market before I moved away. I think the ingredients were pretty much just ghost pepper, scotch bonnet, garlic, onion, lemon, salt and vinegar. Made with the whole actual pepper, no extract, so it's not as spicy as a lot of ghost pepper stuff tries to be but that lets you actually enjoy the flavour. I should see if I can order it online sometime.

Speaking of condiments, the YouTube algorithm fed me this video about mushroom ketchup a couple months ago and I finally got around to making some myself last week. It's very good and easy to make, would definitely recommend giving it a try if you like mushrooms or umami foods in general. It's a shame (and probably a business opportunity) that this sauce isn't really available in the U.S. on supermarket shelves.

Hot sauce, usually a mix of Valentina and Elijah's Extreme Regret. I also use worcestershire in a lot of recipes, although it's not something I'd just slap on anything.
Valentina's a classic but haven't tried Elijah's Extreme Regret yet. Maybe I should give it a go...
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Games like here are not just entertainment, they are sports.

Last edited:
Valentina's a classic but haven't tried Elijah's Extreme Regret yet. Maybe I should give it a go...
It's got some bite to it but it isn't really as crazy hot as the makers claim it to be (the Scoville scale is pseudo-scientific bullshit and you can ignore it). It has a lot more flavor than most other sauces in its category, and I find it's a nice way to add some heat to other sauces without that nasty metallic taste that extract-based hot sauces usually have. It's also not bad for flavor by itself, but flavor-wise, nothing beats Valentina in my opinion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)