Mafia vs Village Weeb Mafia: GAME OVER! Postgame in #504-505

Anyway I mean surely you must have some idea who you think is bad right? Or at least promise to pay more attention because if you are good I need you to convince me of it since I'm going off my gut at this point and you look pretty scummy; you definitely did refuse to initially lynch nico and were subtly defending ('this doesn't look like a real attempt to find scum but looks like a frame job') and I guess it looks like you're trying to deflect from that onto me rather than answering about it? Would like more on that from you.
That 'subtle defending' was because I was voicing my suspicions about you mainly - it had nothing to do with Nico? looking townie but more you looking suspect. I can't rly say any more than that - a town leader UncleSam without a village bg who stays into late game is always suspect. You're sorta right about the kills, only that one maf would have no idea who the other maf is so I'm not buying 'the mafia all decided to stab each other lmao'.

Also, what other role than Rogue could I feasibly have? Like, all the generic maf roles have gone, nobody has been affected by an ability that's not accounted for (at least that i'm aware of), and as Kids Anime stole my results, if I were maf they would most likely find out that way, and so try to frame to lynch me or something iunno. That nothing has come of kids anime stealing my result is because my result was a bit shit (aka nothing happened).

has anyone seen a history of Vote Ensurer in Mafia before? teams of possible Mafia are eagle/Haruno, Sam/flyhn from where I sit. problem is Double Mole from Good Mafia?? And Galap is Bad? idk Galap doesn't have enough interactions for me to pin down with a partner.

Sam has been saying some fairly agreeable stuff regarding the setup (town has night actions, scum has day actions) but the biggest problem with that is it requires trusting Uncle Sam on his claim, which, without any historical backing, seems like a steaming pile of shit. Ofc, contacting the "cleared" players and trying to orchestrate us feels Scummy, except for the part where that's what a town leader does. I guess it becomes a question on whether kirsche is the kind of person to try and wifom US into town (kirsche tried to get me to lynch US before dying)

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
It should be incredibly obvious that I'm town at this point lol, just look at all the interactions

The only possible partner I could have is Flyhn from other people's perspectives, but like come on Flyhn is so obviously not mafia at this point

And yes contacting the cleared players is standard practice lol, like ??? I get that you're generally a suspicious person but come on, that's just smart village play at this point and you're searching for reasons why I'm scummy when I am the only person trying to get us a win today instead of just idling/afking like the rest of the game (which, protip, is how the mafia will win this game if we let them just idly go by)

Vote ensurer is a weird role but like A. why tf would I claim it if it wasn't my role and B. it has happened before in games where the village had surprisingly low vote power (aka Fallout 3, where the village had similar problems to ours in terms of tactical capabilities but had an every night vigilante - ring a bell?); in other words, it fits in perfectly with a setup with a surprise wolf mole and mafia vote power role(s). Also not for anything but kirsche wanting to mislynch the village role blocking his lategame power is hardly surprising and ought to confirm my cleanliness lol

Anyway I mentioned my suspicions to shubaka and Flyhn previously but I'll air them now: it looks really obvious to me that Eagle4 is a mafia hooker.

Look at the facts:
- There's a hooker that's not yet accounted for (according to Nomark from his N1 result, who I see no reason why he'd lie about a hook)
- Eagle4 is the only every-night targeting role (which he can thus back up as a hooker for trackers/watchers) we have left that isn't Shubaka or Flyhn, who I obviously think are legit. I guess from others' perspectives Flyhn could potentially be mafia hooker but like why would a mafia hooker claim safeguard??? This is suspicious because A. rogue claim and B. the targeting aspect is important for people who fear tracker/watcher claims
- Eagle4 claims with certainty to know that the thief on him from N4 got nothing - which is reasonable evidence to believe him. However, guess what role also would give nothing? The missing hooker.
- Eagle4 still refuses to answer why he defended Nico (literally still claiming he didn't straight refuse to vote her), and just keeps constantly deflecting even when he admits that his previous arguments held no water.
- He is making zero effort to find scum. Period. He's trying to skate by and throw shade on people who point out why he is scummy. Go back and read his posts - they're literally useless fluff 'pls don't lynch me anyone but me'

Seriously, who else could reasonably be the missing hooker claim? No one else's role makes a lick of sense unless you really think Flyhn claimed safeguard as a hooker, which is just straight bizarre to me and I think is incredibly low likelihood.

Unfortunately shubaka is not thinking things through very clearly, like how long have you been here? Three games? Notice that literally every other experienced player both had seen my role before and realized that it fits in perfectly with a village filled with shitty/suspicious roles (vengeful hooker, tsundere bg, etc.) and against a mafia with voting power.

Finally, one incredibly obvious point is being missed in terms of why it should be super obvious I am clean: game balancing. Look at who has been revealed to be what faction. There's three big names in this game: Yeti, Da Letter El, and myself. No offense to anyone else, but no one else really qualified as a 'big name' who signed up for this game.

Now look at what we know DLE and Yeti were. One was mafia, the other was wolf. If you had just one remaining big name to place somewhere, you would obviously place that big name either on the other mafia, or on the village.

Now, the non-Yeti mafia is dead. So unless you seriously think that one mafia was given two of the big names while the other wasn't given any, and the village wasn't given any (protip: no host would ever balance their game this way, it would be insane and has literal zero precedent) then I must be village. Just ask Blazade: he admits that after taking requests, he randed, then made balance changes. Firstly I requested to be village because I knew I had my actuarial exam (which I passed btw, big part of the reason I've been relatively afk by my standards through the opening phases and I informed Blazade I would be AFK and thus wanted a relatively less important role). Secondly, look at the non-Yeti mafia: it was Kirsche/Aubisio/sunny004/verypinkpancakes. Again, no offense to any of them, but none of them are nearly as big a name as Yeti - this means that the other players on Yeti's mafia would all be incredibly likely to be near-complete newbies (like Nico) or known idlers in order to make it balanced.

Now Eagle4 doesn't fit that bill, but look at who he subbed in for: Tymano, a total newbie and non-entity.

Seriously, it is so fking obvious that I am clean at this point and I'm so tired of the villagers in this game ignoring obvious points, missing completely obvious strategies, claiming things that other villagers/myself do is 'scummy' when it is actually precisely how the village ought to be playing as of now, and just generally doing their best to throw the game.

I'm not going to vote yet because I'll be on before deadline and I don't wanna invite any turboing, and I want responses and for people to fking talk.

I think that we should check Haruno's role regardless though - we should set it as 3 voting for Haruno, and Haruno + someone else voting for whoever we think ought to be lynched (imo Eagle4). If Haruno is lying about his role he gets lynched, if he isn't then whoever we decide to lynch gets lynched, and Shubaka should be the one not voting so that he can deal with stealths and because they can be trusted not to tie the lynch because I think people pretty much agree they are clean.

I am not going to let the obvious-mafia make up bullshit as to why I'm dirty when it should be completely fking obvious why I am good for literally every reason. There's no aspect of this game - from balancing to actions to design to play - that leaves any room for me being mafia here, unless you're either desperate mafia to not get lynched (Eagle4) or incredibly suspicious of people for doing literally anything to get the village back into gear and find mafia (shubaka).

Seriously, please god can people think about the game for three seconds, be active, and try to find the mafia with me (or at the very least fking comment when I put in the time/effort and thought to find them). I've been begging you guys to do this all fking cycle and all I've gotten in response is 'US is scummy for trying to find the mafia' which is just ???? and is really starting to piss me off

reading brought that wall is a whole bunch of emotion and bullshit, what a damn shame that it makes sense and is believable. I'm torn on whether to sit and not lynch due to me probably being asleep close to deadline, but our other option is flyhn. flyhn, do you want to be the safe-gap or should I?

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
I'm on board with this plan. I'd elaborate but I have a Roll to Dodge update AND Witty entry to write.

Also I can't take the failsafe because i'll definitely be asleep then. School night :l

Lynch Haruno

I hope this pays off

I mean it's a school night for me too, but I'm not exactly a Good Student, so here I am. I'll probably write the witty response while checking the thread. and idk what Roll to Dodge is, so no response. I Will Stay The Watch

1. I haven't refused to answer why i defended Nico, because I didn't defend Nico. I voiced my concerns over the village following you, and thus decided that lynching her wouldn't be the best move at that particular point until the reasoning for her lynch was made clear, + I missed that your Pokemon claim was a joke, which I admitted was my bad.

2. I'm not the only target-every-night role left in the game, I'm just the only one who claimed the target-every-night role you moron. I'm just as likely to be a hooker based on your evidence as anyone else (besides Shubaka who's clean).

3. You're right, I haven't made an effort to find scum atm - but that's to do with stuff going on in my life (I'm a fresher now, so I've been going out everyday and haven't invested in this game as much). I would make more of an effort now that I'm about to be lynched but I have no hard evidence over who's scum or not. It's not that I'm just stating 'anybody but me', it's that I can see why other people could be seen as scummy, but I have no definite (like literally everybody in this game rn), since there's no hard evidence for anybody atm (yes, that includes me, your argument is based on a bunch of shitty assumptions).

4. Gonna ignore almost everything you said about game balance since there;s a thing called RNG and we have no idea if that was used for this game or not.

Person I think most is scum tho is Galap since I can't remember the last time BPV was a thing, and I remember at least 2 times when somebody claiming BPV turned out to be maf. It's an easy fuckin fakeclaim, i'm not buying it.

lynch galap

• Uncle Sam makes massive post explaining possible set up + how that setup would work out
  • Haruno ignores massive post to avoid having to defend self, follows plan and lynches Big Scum Read
  • Eagle ignores massive post to avoid having to defend self (including saying the game was RNG, when US included in post "Just ask Blazade: he admits that after taking requests, he randed, then made balance changes." (Blazade can you confirm?), ignores plan and lynches Kinda Scum Read
  • Flyhn reads massive post, follows US, and interacts amiably
  • Galap lurky lurk lurks, ew gross yucky
  • Hi I also exist. Unfortunately confirmed? Why do I have to be the one that makes decisions

thanks. so what Uncle Sam isn't inherently what happened, but is possible. I know kirsche is active enough, at least on SF to be regarded as a big enough name for Kids. That is, assuming US isn't lying out of his third left rib.

UncleSam

Leading this village
Shubaka that's literally exactly what I said lol, 'adjustments' = 'balance changes' it's the same thing...what other adjustments do you think he means?

It honestly looks to me like Eagle4 threw in the towel a few posts ago given he is just ignoring huge things and searching for anything to save himself but the votes are good where they are to prove Haruno's role, I'll hold off on voting until deadline or someone else does to make sure we test it properly

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
For the record you'd want one more vote on me to prove my role more effectively. If I get turbo'd out of nowhere then we know who mafia is and at that point the game would also end.

For the record you'd want one more vote on me to prove my role more effectively. If I get turbo'd out of nowhere then we know who mafia is and at that point the game would also end.
that was part of US's massive post that you didn't read. which eagle also didn't read, and so lynched galap instead

UncleSam

Leading this village
I'm waiting to block stealths shubaka but we only really need one more on Haruno if you think about it. Frankly as of now we're still checking Haruno's role so I'm fine with how this is but if no one shows up either you or me can drop another vote on Haruno to get a Haruno vs. two set up (which checks his role as well).

You all gather around Eagle4, hoping that this was the rogue mafian you were searching for. He tells you to get Galap, but you tell him to eat the knife.

Dear Eagle4,

You are Knights of Sidonia.

You're a garden variety sci-fi whose claim to fame is having entirely CG characters, making you laughably unwatchable since they try to make you look like 2D and that comes off way worse than Pixar.

You are a User-Specific Rogue. Reply Here with NX - Rogue USER, and you will use your mastery of CG modeling to make yourself look like USER. If USER is mafia-aligned and tries to kill you, they will freak out and abandon the effort, after which you will no longer be a Rogue and gain new abilities.

You are allied with the Bad Anime. You win when all threats to the village are eliminated.
If he had prevented an attempt on his life, he would have copied the role of his killer.

Congratulations! You successfully saved yourself from death. Now that you have the face of your would-be killer, you have assumed their role. Their Role PM is:
From here, you go into the night, but the mafia have outfoxed you.

The Good Anime said:
also yes if we mislynch eagle4 we autowin

shubaka can revmar haruno but he still dies

if haruno lynches sam you kill haruno

tie vote with flyhn

then kill him and win

village has no way to win
During N6, shubaka17 is annihilated by a giant laser cannon

Dear shubaka17,

You are Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works.

You are the most recent incarnation of the Fate series and probably the closest thing anime fans have to experiencing the visual novels. You are about a survival game in which modern wizards summon esteemed heroes to compete for the right to have a wish granted, but unlike your prequel Fate/Zero, you're really about a whiny-ass protagonist and his high school friends taking down the big bad and proving that being a hero is about not thinking too much.

You are a Decoy. Reply here with NX - Decoy USER, and you will send vonFielder to them. von will make USER's conversation about Fate/Stay Night and anyone who was going to visit USER will visit you instead.

You are allied with the Bad Anime. You win when all threats to the village are eliminated.
During Day 7, you grow suspicious of UncleSam's crooked ways and lynch him

Dear UncleSam,

You are Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

A true epic among older and hardcore anime fans, you were based on a series of novels and released on mail order tapes in the 80s. Scored brillantly by classical music, you're a 110 episode historic chronicle of what is basically WWII America vs. Holy Roman Empire Germany in Space. You feature a strong set of dueling protagonists, elegant space warfare, rich culture soaked into every detail, and thought provoking discussions among your wide cast of characters.

You are an Ideology Mayor. Your central conflict is based around whether a good Dictatorship is better than a shitty Democracy, and you will be able to channel each idea once per game. Reply here with NX - Rule with IDEOLOGY and:
-When you choose Democracy, you will negate all vote changing effects; the listed vote totals will be used to calculate the lynch.
-When you choose Dictatorship, you and your faction must vote the same target at the end of the day. If you do, that target will be lynched if and only if the rest of the game doesn't unanimously agree to vote on another target.

You decide to use your action during the night, and it will take effect during the following day. The rest of the game will not be notified that you have done this.

You are allied with the Good Anime. You win when all threats to the Good Anime are eliminated.
But even perfect knowledge of the last mafian couldn't save Haruno from N7, as he was ripped limb from limb by a wild-eyed psychic girl.

Dear Haruno,

You are Neon Genesis Evangelion.

You are a genre defining mech show whose tropes have been mirrored in countless anime that don't even resemble you. In addition, you are a very odd monster of the week show with disturbing living mechs, abstract, inscrutable enemy monsters, and unnecessary religious imagery. However, you've fallen so far down the rabbit hole into the directors deep seated psychological issues with himself that it projects in every single situation, culminating in a poorly written, thinly budgeted finale.

You are a Community Mayor. Reply here with NX - Recruit USER. Because USER will realize his tropes came from you and join your weird hivemind bullshit, as long as USER is alive you will have an extra vote. You may target the same user multiple times (and put more extra votes on them), but you may not have more then 3 extra votes at a time and you can't use this action while you have 3 extra votes.

FINALLY, we come to endgame. One Town. One Mafia. Alone in the alleyways, poor Flyhn finds he doesn't have the strength to hold Galap down and lynch him. Fighting a match of psychic ability to a draw, he stays awake as long as he can, but when his eyes close, he shrieks awake at the sudden sensation of his molecular structure being torn apart by the emotional rage of a forgotten child.

Dear Flyhn,

You are Elfen Lied.

You are a show about humans interacting with intelligent nonhuman life extremely poorly and paying the price. You are marketed as pretty serious, and in fact you try to raise ambiguous questions about how much of the alien violence can be attributed to their innate qualites and what kind of conflict stems from the mere existence of a superior, uncontrollably growing race. You go way too far, however, and you'll always be known for being extremely edgy. Constant nudity and excessive violence and gore really cheapen your lukewarm image rather than add to it.

You are a Safeguard. You may reply here with NX - Safeguard USER, and you will use your psychic appendages to ward away non-killing actions around USER.

Having won the psychic battle of dominance, Galap cocks his head in a Shaft head tilt, and exclaims:

"Imagination has the power to change everything"

He walks off into the distance, joined by the rest of the Good Anime.

Dear Galap,

You are From the New World.

Based on an award winning novel, while you are not as commercially successful as some of the other Good Anime, you are nonetheless very widely respected and one of Blazade's personal favorites. After an apocalypse brought about by the rise of humans with incredible psychic abilities, humanity has settled into a new culture which promises safety and happiness in a world populated not only by frightening flora and fauna but powerful humans shackled by genetic manipulaiton and conditioning. Conflicts within themselves and with a species of intelligent naked mole rats drive a compelling discussion of an ideal future while maintaining a chilling atmosphere in every aspect of your direction.

You are an Investigator and Hooker. Reply here with NX - Overpower USER, and USER will be flooded by a psychic attack. They will be unable to do anything that night, and you will learn their entire Role PM.

You are allied with the Good Anime. You win when all threats to the Good Anime are eliminated.
The Bad Anime have been endgamed and eliminated!

Congratulations to the Good Anime for winning Weeb Mafia!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)