ORAS OU WE (a Mega Diancie based team)

So, as stated above, this team is based around Mega Diancie, and since I want this to be quick, let's just cut to the chase here and now.
Core
Morganite (Diancie-Mega) @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Rock Polish

Mega Diancie needs to outspeed the competition in order to get at least a few hits out before fainting, and with a Timid nature, 252 Speed EVs, and Rock Polish, it gets the job done pretty well. With Earth Power to take down Steel and Poison types, and Diamond Storm to get rid of everyday annoyances, (I'm looking at you, Talonflame) it takes down most of it's competitors with a Moonblast thrown into it's moveset just for STAB.

Lead

Spinel (Nidoking) @ Life Orb

Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Superpower

Nidoking picks off everything that could OHKO Diancie, like the Steel Megas, and Special Walls as well as other Fairies. Sludge Wave and Earth Power are both amazing STAB moves to take care of Steel, Fairy, and Poison types while Ice Beam gets rid of Grass types to keep this king sweeping

Crit King

Tourmaline (Kingdra) @ Scope Lens

Ability: Sniper
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Timid Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Focus Energy
- Dragon Pulse
- Ice Beam

Give Kingdra a chance to use Dragon Dance and Focus Energy and any opponents will readily have their butts handed to them. Dragon Pulse and Ice Beam clean up the match near it's end, but it can be used as a surprise switch to KO any Dragon types Diancie may have missed.

Stallbreaker

Almandine (Haxorus) @ Wide Lens

Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Iron Tail
- Dragon Claw
- Brick Break

Yet another teammate that uses Dragon Dance, and this time with an accuracy boosting item, the Wide Lens. Iron Tail can stop Fairies in their tracks with it's okay 85% accuracy, while Dragon Claw comes with lots of STAB. Brick Break destroys any screens that stalls may set up as they attempt to stall.

Heatstall

Fire Opal (Heatran) @ Air Balloon

Ability: Flash Fire
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Just the same old Heatran stall tactic most people use; Lava Plume for damage and annihilation of Grass types, Toxic to damage over time, Stealth Rock to damage on switch in, and Roar for phazing.

Sweeper

Apatite (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Life Orb

Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Focus Blast
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Keldeo is best used to sweep through most typings, with HP Electric for Flying and Water types, Focus Blast and Secret Sword to deal with Dark, Ice, Normal, Rock, and Steel types, and Scald to face off against Fire and Ground types and can outspeed most common threats. What more could a sweeper want!

Importable:

Morganite (Diancie-Mega) @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Rock Polish

Spinel (Nidoking) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Modest Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Superpower

Tourmaline (Kingdra) (F) @ Scope Lens
Timid Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Focus Energy
- Dragon Pulse
- Ice Beam

Almandine (Haxorus) (M) @ Wide Lens
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Iron Tail
- Dragon Claw
- Brick Break

Fire Opal (Heatran) (F) @ Air Balloon
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Apatite (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Ok so I'll try to help you as I see some points where the team could improve. Let's start!
The first mon to improve is Mega Diancie. If you are willing to use Rock Polish you don't need so much Speed. 76 Speed EVs are enough to outspeed Sand Rush Excadrill in sand iirc. The leftover EVs could go to Atk to hit harder with Diamond Storm.
Nidoking doesn't have much use in the ORAS OU metagame, mainly due to its low Speed and many powerhouses pack more of a punch than him. If you really want to remove Steel-types, there's Magnezone. Magnet Pull traps Steel-types and Magnezone deals with them via Hidden Power Fire. It can pick off special walls too.
On Kingdra there's a lot to improve imo. First if you want a Dragon-type nuke, go to Latios. It also provides Defog support. If you keep Kingdra, which I don't recommend, use Draco Meteor over Dragon Pulse (crits ignore drops) and remove Dragon Dance. You are not making use of its Attack. Hydro Pump could work in there.
Haxorus needs some more love atm. The set it's OK, but Earthquake is more useful over Brick Break. Thanks to Mold Breaker EQ hits Rotom-W, Gengar and other Levitate mons. Also stall does not set up screens, it's hyper offense that does so to help frail mons to set up.
Heatran is OK.
Keldeo should have Hydro Pump over Focus Miss Blast. Scald could be changed to Icy Wind but that is up to you really.
Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Fire
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power Fire
- Defog

I hope I helped, good luck with the team!

EDIT: 0 Atk IVs on special-beased and defensive mons to reduce confusion and Foul Play damage.

Last edited:

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Concerning the sets you're running, most changes I'd suggest have already been mentioned. I agree with running Agility on Kingdra over Dragon Dance for obvious reasons, as well as Draco Meteor over Dragon Pulse since the entire point of Critdra is being able to spam Draco Meteor. Also, run Hydro Pump over Ice Beam, Ice Beam has redundant coverage with Draco Meteor, and Hydro Pump enables you to hit Fairies and Steels quite hard.

Earthquake over Brick Break on Garchomp
seems like a no-brainer as well for reasons that have already been explained (higher power+screens are uncommon, and wasting a turn using Brick Brak against screens HO means you'll probably get swept anyway). I would also run Poison Jab over Iron Tail, not only does it hit most OU fairies hard enough already given Haxorus's raw power, it also has better coverage, hitting Azumarill super effectively as well. Wide Lens is also a pretty poor item on Haxorus, especially if you run Poison Jab like I suggest, I would either run a Lum Berry to set up Dragon dances on status users, or a Life Orb if you're concerned about Poison Jab's lower power compared to Iron Tail (LO-boosted Poison Jab is actually stronger than Iron Tail), and want to boost Haxorus's power in general.

I agree with Hydro Pump over Focus Blast on Keldeo for a more reliable powerful STAB, however, do not remove Scald : it is Keldeo's bets move and really helps it break past its checks. If you want to run Icy Wind for Latis, run it over Focus Blast/Hydro Pump, not Scald.

The Heatran set you're running is a bit confused. If you want to run a defensive set, Leftovers are really important, since they give Hetaran pàassive recovery. I would even run Protect over Roar just to give you extra recovery which helps a lot vs certain threats. Also, given that you rely on Heatran a lot to switch into Latis and specially offensive Fairies, and you already have Diancie as a Talonflame check, I would make Heatran specially defensive, since it helps a lot of these Poekmon. If you want to run Air Baloon, run a more offensive set which makes better use of the turns during which Heatran is Ground-immune, but I wouldn't reccomend it since you rely a lot on Heatran's ability to switch into things.

But I think your team needs quite a few fixes given how weak it is to common Pokemon. The most glaring weaknesses are to Azumarill and Altaria, 2 fairies which can break past both Heatran and Nidoking (Altaria can pop Heatran's baloon with Return and then EQ it), and just storm past the rest of your team. At the same time, Kingdra isn't godo on this team, not only do you already have a Water-type and a Dragon-type, but Kingdra is honestly not good in Ou outside of rain, since it takes 2 turns to set up which makes it very unreliable. Thesefore, I would replace Kingdra for Ferrothorn. Ferrothorn handles these 2 Pokemon for thet most part (BD Azumarill does beat Ferro, but can be revenge killed by HP Electric. Ferrothorn also gives you a Grass-type, completing your FWG core, and helps vs Manaphy, another Pokemon you are very weak to

Other things you are weak to include Keldeo, Mega Lopunny, and Mega Metagross, all of which you have absolutely no answer to (Ferrothorn can weaken Metagross, but can't really beat it). Ther only way I can think of to deal with this in one Pokemon is Slowbro, which I would run over Haxorus since it seems like the least necessary member of your team since it provides nothing defensively. You can also run Sub DD Gyarados, it's not as reliable vs these Pokemon and has a SR weakness, but it does check them decently and double up as a DD sweeper, and therefore fits pretty well over Haxorus. You become pretty weak to fast Electric-types if you do either of these though. You could try combining multiple Pokemon which fit better on your team and which can deal with these Pokemon (for example, Latios over Haxorus as was suggested above, helps vs Keldeo, Venusaur and lures Steels for Diancie + Hippowdon or Rocky Helmet Garchomp over Nidoking to deal with Lopunny+Metagross+free up a moveslot on Hetaran+give sand SpD boost to Diancie in Hippo's case, this variant makes you stronger vs Electrics but weaker vs balanced teams, you can kinda play around that by running Taunt>Focus Blast on Keldeo or even Choice Specs over Life Orb, both options make Keldoe more threatening to balance in 2 different ways), but at this point your team becomes unrecognisable.

Tourmaline (Kingdra) @ Scope Lens
Timid Nature
- Agility
- Focus Energy
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump

Almandine (Haxorus) (M) @ Lum Berry / Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Poison Jab
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Apatite (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Life Orb / Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump / Icy Wind / Taunt
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Fire Opal (Heatran) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Protect
- Stealth Rock / Taunt / Roar

Fire Opal (Heatran) (F) @ Air Balloon
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs : 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Spikes / Protect

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenrator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 88 HP / 220 Atk / 4 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Substitute

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power Fire
- Roost / Defog

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge / Toxic / Whirlwind

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 76 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast / Toxic

Concerning the sets you're running, most changes I'd suggest have already been mentioned. I agree with running Agility on Kingdra over Dragon Dance for obvious reasons, as well as Draco Meteor over Dragon Pulse since the entire point of Critdra is being able to spam Draco Meteor. Also, run Hydro Pump over Ice Beam, Ice Beam has redundant coverage with Draco Meteor, and Hydro Pump enables you to hit Fairies and Steels quite hard.
Exactly. Albacore is right, but I am not sure if PearlLunaris understands.
PearlLunaris - I dunno whether you know mechanics well, but Critical Hit ignore negative stat changes, that means, even at -6 SpA, Draco Meteor crit is still doing 1,5× more damage - the same amount it would do at +0 SpA. Thats the whole point of CritDra.

PearlLunaris - I dunno whether you know mechanics well, but Critical Hit ignore negative stat changes, that means, even at -6 SpA, Draco Meteor crit is still doing 1,5× more damage - the same amount it would do at +0 SpA. Thats the whole point of CritDra.
And still CritDra is bad. Kingdra in OU is on rain teams as Swift Swimmer ONLY. It is outclassed if not.

I only thought that critical hits dealt more damage. I didn't know that it ignored stat changes.

I only thought that critical hits dealt more damage. I didn't know that it ignored stat changes.
Only stats that lowers your damage are ignored... stats that increase it (like your opponent's defense drop, or after you raise your attack) are not ignored.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)