Other Wall slayer/sweeper team

So I'm not exactly sure what tier these pokemon are in as of sun/moon, but if they're banned to ubers (newly added/still banned), please let me know of a suitable substitute.

461.png

376.png
250px-748Toxapex.png

dhelmise.jpg
mudsdale.jpg

250px-748Toxapex.png

Toxapex - Red Card/eject button
Modest nature
-Toxic spikes
-venoshock
-scald/sludge bomb
-recover
EV: 252 SpA/126 Def/126 SpD
I lead with Toxapex first, allowing some set up with toxic spikes if red card is set, it will allow me to get an opponent to be poisoned (as long as they're not steel or poison type that is), then abuse his ability merciless to tear them up with venoshock's STAB, doubled power and critical hit with Merciless.

461.png

Weavile - Choice Band
Naive nature
-Night slash
-Ice punch
-brick break
-punishment
EV: 252 ATK/252 Spe/6 SpA
Weavile is the clean up of the line up, with a high speed stat along with it's high attack and great type coverage, it helps make quick work of walls like Bronzong, opposing Metagross, as well as deal with other clean up pokemon like Greninja, however due to the use of toxic orb he becomes vulnerable to opposing merciless Toxapex.

dhelmise.jpg

Dhelmise - Focus sash
Adamant
-Anchor shot
-Power whip
-Shadow claw
-Rapid spin
EV: 252 Atk/126 Def/126 SpD
Dhelmise is the spinner/spin-blocker of the lineup, with Anchor shot, he pairs well with Toxapex if it got it's setup out before it faints, keeping pokemon in serious lockdown, which can prove to be dangerous for a spinner like Starmie, Tsareena, and even opposing Dhelmise, plus with 3 STAB attacks each of different types, Dhelmise brings a nice lockdown niche to shutdown spinner/stall teams.

376.png

M-Metagross
Adamant
-Earthquake
-Zen Headbutt
-Meteor Mash
-Ice punch
EV: 252 Atk/126 HP/126 DEF
M-Metagross is the main sweeper of this team, having a wide coverage in attacks as well as being rather tanky, allowing him to survive for some time before he'd actually be brought down, his moveset gives him good coverage to deal with the likes of Lucario, and Emboar.

mudsdale.jpg

Mudsdale - Assault vest
Adamant nature
-Close combat
-earthquake
-heavy slam
-payback
EV: 252 Def/252 Atk/6 HP

Mudsdale is a nice back up beater to bring down anyone that M-Metagross can't deal with, such as M-Blaziken and M-Charizard X, Mudsdale's moveset is designed to just full on obliterate anything that would give M-Metagross a difficult time.

Porygon-Z - Normalium Z
Modest nature
-Ice beam
-Conversion
-thunderbolt
-Shadow ball
EV: 252 SpA/252 Spe/6 HP
Porygon-Z is the last line of defense if M-Metagross cannot continue, bringing nice type coverage plus Conversion for Z-conversion, allowing for massive damage with his 3 different types, easily taking down opposing M-Metagross, M-Alakazam, etc.

Any critiques are appreciated.

Last edited:
Aegislash is banned from OU, for one thing. You could look into Celesteela or another steel tyoe in lieu of it.

Toxapex is a really good wall and should be taken seriously. I'd run Scald instead of Sludge Bomb only because it needs coverage, and the chance of a burn really helps with its bulky EV spread. Not sure why you need Recover, but recovery is a good thing. Just be careful with that Red Card, because you could end up with an unfavorable match up. Eject button applies to the holder, not the target, so I'd drop that.

Weavile is a good glass cannon, but it's got a poor offensive/defensive type. A single Mach Punch or Vacuum wave would kill it and your clean-up would be gone right then and there. Why does Weavile have a toxic orb, though? That could be seriously problematic if you time it wrong.

Dhelmise I've never used. That moveset looks good, though, so no problems there.

Metagross-M is just good in general. I'd just run something else in place of Hammer Arm, since the speed debuff isn't a good thing if you have to use it more than once or twice.

Mudsdale I haven't used either, but I'm not sure if Payback is worth it as a move. As slow as he is, there are other Mons slower than Mudsdale that could render Payback useless.

I've already mentioned Aegislash, but why do you have Atk investment on a Sp. Atk build? All three offensive moves on it are Special. oops, Sacred is physical. Is there a Special fighting move you can use? I'd try that and move the EVs around for more bulk or speed.

Looking at the original purpose of the team, it looks like you've filled out the team role pretty well. My only concern is Weavile's squishiness, but I'm sure you know when to avoid sending it in.

But then again, I'm a 2-digit scrub on here and haven't much of a clue on advanced stuff. Hope my feedback helps a little?

Aegislash is banned from OU, for one thing. You could look into Celesteela or another steel tyoe in lieu of it.

Toxapex is a really good wall and should be taken seriously. I'd run Scald instead of Sludge Bomb only because it needs coverage, and the chance of a burn really helps with its bulky EV spread. Not sure why you need Recover, but recovery is a good thing. Just be careful with that Red Card, because you could end up with an unfavorable match up. Eject button applies to the holder, not the target, so I'd drop that.

Weavile is a good glass cannon, but it's got a poor offensive/defensive type. A single Mach Punch or Vacuum wave would kill it and your clean-up would be gone right then and there. Why does Weavile have a toxic orb, though? That could be seriously problematic if you time it wrong.

Dhelmise I've never used. That moveset looks good, though, so no problems there.

Metagross-M is just good in general. I'd just run something else in place of Hammer Arm, since the speed debuff isn't a good thing if you have to use it more than once or twice.

Mudsdale I haven't used either, but I'm not sure if Payback is worth it as a move. As slow as he is, there are other Mons slower than Mudsdale that could render Payback useless.

I've already mentioned Aegislash, but why do you have Atk investment on a Sp. Atk build? All three offensive moves on it are Special. oops, Sacred is physical. Is there a Special fighting move you can use? I'd try that and move the EVs around for more bulk or speed.

Looking at the original purpose of the team, it looks like you've filled out the team role pretty well. My only concern is Weavile's squishiness, but I'm sure you know when to avoid sending it in.

But then again, I'm a 2-digit scrub on here and haven't much of a clue on advanced stuff. Hope my feedback helps a little?
Any critiques are appreciated, but I thought Aegislash was in OU as of Sun/Moon.

Aegislash was quickbanned recently. Can't link the thread at the moment, but take a look in Uncharted Territory.
Aw man, why would they unban but then re-ban him? logic I guess, anywho, who would you suggest to be a secondary sweeper?

Aw man, why would they unban but then re-ban him? logic I guess, anywho, who would you suggest to be a secondary sweeper?
I'd suggest Kartana, but its biggest drawback is its Sp. Def is absolute garbage. A well placed Salazzle will end it before it can even move. And I don't think any of its moves exceed 70 BP.

They unban a lot of pokemon at the start of each new meta to see how they stack up.

I'd suggest Kartana, but its biggest drawback is its Sp. Def is absolute garbage. A well placed Salazzle will end it before it can even move. And I don't think any of its moves exceed 70 BP.

They unban a lot of pokemon at the start of each new meta to see how they stack up.
Ah, and how would I go about a secondary sweeper that I can easily train up? (it's hard to level up and train in Sun/Moon version)

Ah, and how would I go about a secondary sweeper that I can easily train up? (it's hard to level up and train in Sun/Moon version)
Well, the moveset comes first. If you've not gotten a Kartana, try getting a Jolly/Adamant one. Coverage will be your biggest need right now with a sweeper, but I don't think you'll need a set-up move with Kartana w/Life Orb. Its ability functions like Moxie.

If you need to level up a Pokemon, just leave your EXP share on, get your highest level 'Mons and just grind the elite 4 over and over. EV wise, I just use Poke Pelago and check it when I can.

Well, the moveset comes first. If you've not gotten a Kartana, try getting a Jolly/Adamant one. Coverage will be your biggest need right now with a sweeper, but I don't think you'll need a set-up move with Kartana w/Life Orb. Its ability functions like Moxie.

If you need to level up a Pokemon, just leave your EXP share on, get your highest level 'Mons and just grind the elite 4 over and over. EV wise, I just use Poke Pelago and check it when I can.
I have moon version, so Kartana isn't exactly available at the tip of my fingers.

Also would Porygon-Z be a good secondary sweeper? he's got wide type coverage and 135 base SpA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)