Vocaloid thread

Basically the title says it all. This is going to be a discussion about vocaloids, and a place where you can share your favorite vocaloid series, composers, and vocaloids in general and discuss any vocaloid related thing.

For those of you who don't know what vocaloids are there are a great host of articles that would tell you better than I would but what a vocaloid is is a program that uses a prerecorded voice bank to create basically any sound you want, namely music. And while japan didn't actually invent the vocaloid software they definitely are the leaders right now in both vocaloid program making and vocaloid song writing. But the great part is that if you have 200 bucks to spend you too can buy the software and make songs to your own hearts content.

The program got so popular that they started doing live concerts featuring the most popular vocaloid, Hatsune Miku. If you want to get an idea of what this looks and sounds like here it is
The Word is Mine

The important thing to realize with vocaloids is that there is no one composer for vocaloid music. Sure there are more famous names like Supercell(which has absolutely no relation to clash of clans by the way) but there are still a lot more not famous composers that have written really famous stuff.

But with the giant amount of songs that are being created every year finding good songs can be really, really difficult, and that is why this thread is here. So here are some of my personal suggestions(keep in mind that most of these are not going to be live concert versions rather Project Diva version).

The Intense Singing of Hatsune Miku
This one is one of my favorite Hatsune Miku ones, this is really what got me into vocaloids in the first place, I love how fast paced it is and when she gets wings I always get really excited, this will always be one that I will get really nostalgic about

Butterfly on My Right Shoulder
this is one that really one that makes me want to dance. It has that sort of 80's vibe going for it (unless that is just me hearing that). This is probably my favorite Kagamine Rin and Len song, and I have spent many mornings dancing to this one

Paired Wintery Winds
This is one is a lot more subdued compared to my other tops, but still is full of energy, just in a bit more traditional Japanese sense. I honestly don't have much to say about this one, but it definately is my favorite Kaito and Meiko paired song

For the next one it isn't really a song but rather a series called Kemu Voxx or Pandora Voxx. All eight of the songs in this series are absolutely amazing in my opinion and really well done at that so I would encourage you all to check it out if you have the chance however if I had to pick one it would be

Reincarnation
this one really is amazing, the song is the type that gets my excited to do just about anything(keep in mind this is more the tune, the lyrics aren't the same way). I really don't know what it is but I just really love this song so much that I can listen to this song a lot of times on repeat and not get tired of it.

That's it for me, what are some of your suggestions, I am actually genuinely curious. But past just suggestions it would be awesome for there to be an ongoing discussion maybe on the value of vocaloid in music today, where is it headed, and what is your experience with vocaloids so this thread doesn't just become one of those threads with a bunch of links nobody will click on. and last of all, let's not let this thread turn into a giant fire fight thread of hate between Japanese culture and western culture, that's the last thing I want to happen to this thread.

Happy sharing and discussing

Honestly the only thing I know about it is that they keep popping up in the one mobile game I play, Brave Frontier. Some decent units, mostly outclassed by the new stuff.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I became familiar with vocaloids from playing the Project Diva series of rhythm games, their sound is honestly very bizarre at first but it gets better as you become familiar with the songs, can't say it's something I would listen to on a regular basis though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)