Project VGC Teambuilding Competition - Week 15 (almost here) - Building (undetermined)

:ss/Dragapult: :ss/clefable: :ss/Rhyperior: :ss/Kartana: :ss/porygon2: :ss/Tapu Fini:
https://pokepast.es/4e41b448968b3200
This team has some more interesting off meta picks like Swords Dance Rhyperior and Clefable. So i started with Clefable Dragapult there are a few reasons to use Clefable over Clefairy. With a Babiri Berry it can help ensure Rhyperior and Dragapult are able to beat Steel-types. Togekiss can hold a Babiri Berry to but can't take all Boosted Max Steelspikes like Metagross after its Weakness Policy or Celesteela. Also it has Unaware which is helpful with the many other boosting Pokemon like Swords Dance Glastrier and Shell Smash Blastoise.

:Dragapult::Life Orb:
Dragapult checks a lot for this team Rillaboom, Venusaur, Metagross, Garchomp all very valuble for this team. i chose Dragon Dance Dragapult beacuse of my redirection in Clefable. with redirection its also a better rain check as it can safely set Dragon Dance up than outspeed and OHKO Kingdra really Dragapult is able to teat through so much offensivly cause its STAB combo is so good. Other Pokemon on the team like Tapu fini helping it handle Venusaur, Rhyperior checking Goltres, Kartana checking fairy's are all very helpful for Dragapult to wreck offensively.

:clefable::Babiri Berry:
Why use Clefable over Clefairy? well a few reasons primarily its ability to hold a Babiri Berry and stave off Steel-types one turn longer. Unlike Togekiss due to Unaware it can live Boosted Max Steelspikes with Babiri Berry from the likes of Metagross and Celesteela. Also it is grounded meaning misty terrain will affect it. Clefable is able to provide redirection for Porygon2 to set Trick Room, Rhyperior Swords Dance, and Dragapult Dragon Dance. It also is a check to Urshifu and Terrapult.

:Rhyperior::Weakness Policy:
What if you wanted a Ground-type that checked an Ice-type in Glastrier. Well the 2 options i saw that could do that are Rhyperior and Excadrill. Rhyperior's rock-typing is able to thwart Moltres-G,Zapdos, and other flyers it could struggle with. This Rhyperior set has Swords Dance and Weakness Policy not exactly a new combination. with Redirectors on the team and the fear of Weakness Policy this can give Rhyperior opportunity to set up. Weakness Policy Rhyperior is just fine with no self activation especially as this set has Swords Dance. Rhyperior being a Ground-type that checks Glastrier makes me feel its pretty underated in the format.

:Kartana::Assault Vest:
I wanted a Grass-type and a Steel-type Kartana and Ferrothorn were the options for that. I chose Kartana because it can more immediately threaten Tapu Fini and other Grass weak Pokemon than Ferrothorn could. Also it isn't set up reliant to win. Kartana alongside Clefable can check Hatterene for this team. Kartana is most importantly able to check opposing Water-types for this team alongside Regirock.

:Porygon2::Eviolite:
Porygon2 is the best Trick Room setter in the format i Chose Porygon2 over Dusclops because despite being able to self activate Weakness Policy the ability to check Spectrier and weaken many other Specail attackers with Eerie impulse i find valuble. Dusclops would just make the team much weaker to Spectrier and does not have Eerie Impulse for Specail attackers like Tapu Fini or Lapras. Eerie Impulse is a pretty good way of helping Rhyperiors low special defense stat.

:Tapu Fini::Leftovers:
Tapu Fini and its Misty Terrain provide this team with an answer to status. Standard CM set i chose so that Tapu Fini itself is threatening. Tapu fin is able to remove Rillaboom's Grass Terrain improving Rhyperiors matchup vs Rillaboom letting it potentially beat it. Tapu Fini is able to provide a fighting check a fire check the normal good Tapu Fini things.

Last edited:
Hi Gamers this is my team featuring Wp Dragapult and other fun gimmicks that try to recreate the feeling of Dragpult + Zacian but in s9. (No it’s not mawile lol)

The Team

D0F7FBF8-2135-43AB-BC53-C1F808F253E3.png
BAA9332A-1683-4E38-BAE6-2A337F11BCE4.png
This Dragapult is meant to be the main max candidate on this team paired with bisharp for assurance strats or Gardevior to screw Urshifu (Dark Mainly). Fly is for max Airstream boosts. While P-Force and D-Darts are nice STABS. Other than that it has Wp.

AE625DB4-39EB-4058-B86C-BAA442812F16.png
1621393103704.png

WTF ! It’s not Lele ! Well there are a few reasons for Gardevior being here over Lele. 1st Trace (is fun) mostly helps me and most useful when I get intimidate or Slow Start. 2nd Gardevior has Icy wind for speed control which Lele lacks + this is good chip especially against AV maxing lando 252 SpA Gardevoir Icy Wind vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Dynamax Landorus-Therian: 72-88 (21.8 - 26.6%) -- 8.8% chance to 4HKO. 3rd It has a reliable way to hit Steels with its Mystical Fire (Instead of the Unreliable Focus Blast)

1621393131428.png
1621393157147.png
Bisharp is here for all of the Ghost and Ice Pokémon that screw up Dragapult's rein of terror. Right now my team seems very easily screw by Metagross (Mostly Wp w Spec) but thanks to focus sash it and maxed Pult can live any one (Non WP Boosted) hit from Metagross. But since most Spec's carry no protect so I can sucker punch and pick up the KO W Airstream on Spec (W Pult) and on the following turn I can finish the Metagross off. Gardevior can also be a good partner to Bisharp providing Speed Control.

Regieleki.png
lightclay.png

Why Screens Eleki ? Simple I didn't want type overlap. Grimmsnarl is by far the Best Screen Setter, it just overlaps typing with Gardevior and Bisharp, and it pairs better with Bisharp than Grimm would.

Gmax Venu.png
1621393184904.png

Venusuar is here to help with Metagross in general. It's Weather Ball and sleep powder provide for easy swap ins for Venu's teammates + I needed another max option.

1621393642971.png
1621393680016.png

Torkoal enables Venu to be half decent. It's running a more defensive set, though I do enjoy Heat Wave's base damage more than burning jealousy.

Thanks for reading and stuff :psyglad:

Last edited:
hi everyone I wanted to share this dragapult terrakion team which I find very fun to use.
:ss/dragapult: :ss/terrakion: :ss/whimsicott: :ss/togekiss: :ss/weavile: :ss/heatran:
Here is the paste https://pokepast.es/accf0a916b0f7549

Now explaining why I decided to use these pokemon and explaining the move choices .

Dragapult :dragapult:
dragapult has been one of the best pokemon since its introduction this gen and that is because of its excellent speed and great attack stat and having one of the best abilities a physical attacker can ask for . Clear body also means its speed cannot be dropped be eleki ewebs which is so annoying for other sweepers . Max phantasm dropping defense makes it next attack even stronger and can help its partner too . Dragapult also helps in terrakions bad matchups like vs kingdra, venusaur , metagross etc . This ev spreads allows it to outspeed base 130s (by 2 instead of 1 so that it speed creeps other pokemon trying to do so) with max attack and the rest in bulk .The moveset is pretty standard with both stabs and max airsteam and beat up to proc justified on terrakion .

Terrakion :terrakion:
Terrakion has great offensive typing of fighting and rock , which are not resisted by most pokemon. After getting attack boosts from beat up it can one shot even dmaxed pokemon as it already has high base 129 attack .It also helps dragapult by beating glastrier and galar moltres . I decided to use white herb on it as it helps to get rid of defence drops from cc ,get to +4 instead of +3 despite being intimidated or getting rid of speed drops from eleki ewebs . I decided to use only stab moves with protect and helping hand as it will give me more options when I lead with dragapult terrakion.

Whimsicott :whimsicott:
whimsicott is so good as a support pokemon . It has so many useful moves like helping hand ,taunt ,charm , worry seed , encore ,fake tears, trickroom and tailwind . Prankster tailwind is so good this gen giving immediate speed control instead of waiting a turn . Allowing every pokemon on my team to outspeed regieleki (except heatran) is very useful and so is giving a 1.5 boost to attack / special attack to its partner even if my opponent uses fake out .I decided to use helping hand instead of beat up as I already have 2 beat users and boosting my other pokemona too is more useful.Whimsicott is also great vs both urishifus as it outspeeds and ohkos both of them with moonblast and resists their stab attacks (fun fact whimsicott has 81% chance to ohko gmax single strike urshifu with moonblast) . I have tr as the last move so that I can reverse it and taunt the redirector and then either ko the setter next turn or taunt it .

Togekiss :togekiss:
Togekiss is a really good pokemon as it can not only redirect ground ,fighting and dark attacks ,all of which can give my team trouble but also dmax and with the help of scope lens use stab max airsteam with a very high crit chance which can pick ups kos as togekiss has base 120 spattack amd use max Starfall to reset rillaboom's terrain and help dragapult vs opposing dragon types as they can have fini as their partner like in the case of garchomp and no longer take super effective damage from dragon attacks . It is very bulky in dmax especially on the special side as even without bulk investment spectrier has very little chance to 2hko it (around 6% ).With this ev spread it outspeeds regieleki in tw (with 2 points to speed creep others trying to do so ). Protecting terrakion from rillabooms stupid priority when it is about to sweep opponents team after getting attack boosts .

Weavile :weavile:
I wanted another beat up user on my team and then came accross this pokemon and was impressed with what it brought to the table . It has the fastest fake out in the game right now , can outspeed regieleki after getting a speed boost which not many pokemon can do ,has good support options in icy wind ,fake tears , screech and taunt and being an ice type helps deal vs Landorus and threatens garchomp both of which can give terrakion trouble. I decided to use icicle crash as the stab as triple axle seems unrealiable .Fake out ,taunt and beat up are the moves I use in addition to ice stab .Taunt helps prevent redirection and trickroom . Dragapult + weavile is a good offensive lead too as weavile has as much attack as dragapult and can take advantage of defence drops from max phantasm . I wish weavile got inner focus just like its pre evolution

Heatran :heatran:
I wanted the last pokemon to be able to beat celesteela , something which heatran is able to do . With goggles and togekiss redirecting max quakes it beats venusaur torkoal too .Walling hattereene and beating kartana and are other things my team appreciates. It is a good switch in to many attacks as it has 9 resistances and two immunities. Speed ivs allows it to outspeed modest celesteela and spattack ivs ensures ohko on venusaur in sun.

I hope you all enjoy using this team and best of luck to everyone in the team-building competition.

Last edited:
:dreepy: Airstream Rage - Dragapult S9 team :dreepy:
So, before making this team, I had some ideas:
  • :dragapult: Running 2 Dragon Type Pokémon, like Garchomp, Noivern, and even Zweilous!​
  • :tornadus: Using Max Airstream for main Speed Control, since Dragapult has insanely fast Max Airstream.​
  • :sableye: Weakness Policy Dragapult.​
  • :terrakion: No Terrakion. It's not innovative.​
  • :coalossal: No Coalossal. Coalossal sucks.​
So I started testing. I tested Bisharp with Sucker Punch, but it dealt too much damage, I tried out A-Ninetales, but it felt kinda bad and WettestTowelVGC already was using both, so that was also a no-go. I even tried Absol as a Justified Recipient with Sucker Punch, but it also did not work well. Untill I met Sableye. Sableye offered me Quash, this meaning my Dragapult's Max Airstreams always went first. It also has Shadow Sneak, so I could activate my Weakness Policy.
1621515892486.png
1621515920138.png

After deciding on my core, I had to start fixing my issues. Tapu Fini, Glastrier and Urshifu-Single were problems. I tried many things, a Sun composition with Charizard, or Zapdos + Fake Tears Grimmsnarl. Untill I tried Celesteela, and it fit really well, Airstream, good bulk and helped me with that Fantasy core. So I added Fini to close it. So, after adding those on, I was in need of a Ground Type to deal with the Steels that stopped the team and an Electric Resist, so I added Landorus Therian. It was, of course, another Airstreamer that could abuse Quash. Last but not least, I added Grimmsnarl, to offer support to Landorus, Fini and Celesteela overall. Here is the full team:

Diamonds on Drip (Sableye) (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Quash
- Shadow Sneak
- Fake Out
- Will-O-Wisp
Quash and Shadow Sneak is just standard stuff, Fake Out was good as a support move and Prankster Will-O-Wisp is broken. About the spread, I not gonna lie and was tired to make one, so I ran Max SpD to deal with Venusaur's Ooze and Fini's Muddy Water a little bit better.

Dreep Yeet (Dragapult) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Darts
- Phantom Force
- Fly
- Steel Wing
Here is the star of the team. I went for 4 moves because I wasn't feeling Protect was needeed. Steel Wing purpose is to maul some fairies that gave me problem and other Ice types. Also a normal spread.

Melon Musk (Celesteela) @ Power Herb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 100 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 148 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flash Cannon
- Air Slash
- Meteor Beam
- Protect
Here was the first "complicated" spread. I just wanted to make sure I could outspeed Urshifu-Single at +1, so that spread achieves that. Standard Power Herb set, really nice

Moana (Tapu Fini) @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 244 HP / 196 SpA / 68 Spe
Modest Nature
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Protect
Here is the Tapu Fini spread, I chose Leftovers instead Pinch Berry because I think it helps me more with end-game situations. Standard Calm Mind set.

#1 Hated Lion (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Fly
- Swords Dance
Here is the Landorus. Also a standard set. Airstream and Intimidate go brrr

Trick Eject Button (Grimmsnarl-Gmax) (M) @ Light Clay
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 SpD
Impish Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Taunt
- Spirit Break
Guess what? Standard set. I thought on running Fake Tears for Celesteela, but I just wanted more bulk overall. I chose a more physically defensive spread because I was worried with Glastrier and Kartana. Taunt was so my Trick Room matchup could be a little bit better. Also I ran G-MAX Grimmsnarl because it looks cooler.

This is the team! Hope you guys enjoy it :)
1621519149578.png
1621519165600.png
1621519174711.png

1621519182863.png
1621519189061.png
1621519197313.png

Attachments

Stacking the Pult

Didn't submit a team last week, but here is one for this week. So since today we are dealing with a Pokemon that can go several different directions, I opted to build something that brings Dragapult out as a Sweeper rather than a Supporting Cast Mon.

Dragapult is a fun mon to work around, as it is a mon that has so many options that it can go by. From my days in S8, I can say that one of my favourite builds from the time is for sure the offensive Dragapult that was extremely popular after AuraRayquaza popularized it as a strong Pokemon to combo with Kyogre. So I wanted to try a Dragon Dance set that brought out Dragapult as the star Pokemon here, utilizing Dragon Dance to boost it's stats, then going ham on the enemy with it's powerful max moves. Thus, in the building of this team, I put in some elements to aid in Dragapult's sweep, and some others to cover it's weaknesses.

The teambuilding process ultimately flowed down to these points:
  1. Dragapult as the main sweeper of the team
  2. Stakataka to cover Dragapult's heavy Glastrier weakness
  3. Clefairy for Follow Me support, allowing Dragapult to set up Dragon Dance, or Stakataka Trick Room
  4. Rillaboom to cover water types for the Stakataka mode
  5. Rotom-Wash to aid matchup against Landorus / Mamoswine / Regirock, and for a Special Sweeper
  6. Urshifu-S as a strong combo mon with Dragapult & to aid in weakened Spectrier matchup

Now, let's talk the mons:

Dragapult:
Item: Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Darts
- Dragon Dance
- Phantom Force
- Fly

Something people may immediately notice is the fact that my Dragapult is Adamant Nature. And why is this so? There are a few calcs that I find rather useful for an Adamant Dragapult to have:

- 252+ Atk Life Orb Dragapult Helping Hand Max Wyrmwind vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Dynamax Thundurus: 300-355 (96.7 - 114.5%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
- 252+ Atk Life Orb Dragapult Helping Hand Max Phantasm vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Dynamax Metagross: 361-429 (96.5 - 114.7%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
- 252+ Atk Life Orb Dragapult Max Airstream vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Rillaboom: 221-260 (106.7 - 125.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
- 252+ Atk Life Orb Dragapult Helping Hand Max Wyrmwind vs. 252 HP / 124 Def Incineroar: 214-253 (105.9 - 125.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

So, as you can see from the top two calcs, the usage of Helping Hand allows Dragapult to often times secure big kills on the possible Dynamaxes of your opponents. For the bottom two calcs, these calcs just confirm kills. However, kill secures are particularly crucial when it comes to Dragapult, as it is a rather frail mon, meaning that it is particularly crucial that your kills are guaranteed. Adamant may give you a tougher matchup against Spectrier, however, you have other mons that is able to aid in the matchup.

Other than the Adamant Nature, the mon uses a general Dragon Dancing set, which is able to wreck house after getting +1 boost. Dragon-Flying-Ghost coverage is fantastic for Physical Attackers.

Stakataka:
Item: Shuca Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Lonely Nature
IVs: 17 Def / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- High Horsepower
- Rock Slide

Stakataka's role here is to be able to give the team an answer against some of Dragapult's primary weaknesses, being Ice or Fairy Type mons such as Glastrier and Hatterene. Being one of the slowest Trick Room mons in the metagame with a high amount of base attack, it is able to punch holes in enemy teams like Dragapult can, and is a very strong secondary max option against the right opponent.

Clefairy:
Item: Eviolite
Ability: Friend Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Helping Hand
- Follow Me
- Moonblast
- Protect

One of the backbones of the team and a mon that the team is unable to do as well without. Follow Me support is essential on this team. It allows you to set up a Dragon Dance on your Dragapult or Trick Room on Stakataka, which allows these two Pokemon to begin the sweep. It also has Helping Hand to support your sweepers, which can be used to get a quick kill to begin a sweep.

Rillaboom:
Item: Miracle Seed
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 36 SpD / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Grassy Glide
- Wood Hammer
- Protect

Rillaboom is a fantastic mon to support the team, helping fill in for the team's weakness to Tapu Fini, or other bulky water types in general. Due to the more offensive nature of the team, Miracle Seed Rillaboom complements that well and helps to fill in some gaps that may be present without it.

Rotom-Wash:
Item: Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 236 HP / 52 Def / 140 SpA / 20 SpD / 60 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Protect

Rotom-Wash is our primary matchup for the ever popular Celesteela matchup. So why not Rotom-Heat? This is because Rotom-Heat doesn't really beat GrimmCele as Grimmsnarl just tricks you a Lagging Tail and you die to Fake Tears Max Rockfall after. This in my opinion, makes Rotom-Wash a mon that deals with Celesteela a mon that deals with that matchup more easily, as you don't die to Fake Tears Max Rockfall, and can hit back with a Powerful Max Lightning after.

Urshifu-S:
Item: Focus Sash
Ability: Unseen Fist
Jolly Nature
- Wicked Blow
- Close Combat
- Sucker Punch
- Protect

Urshifu-S is a great filler Pokemon. It helps the team take KOs with Wicked Blows, and aids Dragapult in certain matchups that it may have trouble with, such as with Spectrier. With the defense drops that come from Max Phantasm, Urshifu is a mon that can take heavy advantage of that, taking KOs on very bulky Pokemon.

All in all, this team was a fun one to build, and hope you all like it!

Final Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/c60e6d7f27ad9f92

Teambuilding competetion Week 5 - Dragapult Cobalion (pokepast.es)

Team concept: For this week I wanted to build around Dragapult Cobalion, with an alternative mode to cover it's weaknesses. The reason why I chose this archetype specifically is because I think it's an overlooked option as most people focus on Terrakion. The difference of TerraPult and CobaPult is that CobaPult is reliant on Beat Up therefore needs another team mode for when you encounter a redirector that isn't Amoonguss. What Cobalion has over Terrakion, is better defensive typing and bulk. With Assault Vest and Dynamax, it's actually really hard to knock out and can stay there for a while. AldrichYan, one of the best Dragapult Cobalion players said that sun and trick room teams were his team's hardest matchups, so this team's alternative mode is meant to beat sun teams while having options to stop opponents Trick Room as well.

Dragapult @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 236 HP / 4 Atk / 28 Def / 76 SpD / 164 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Breaking Swipe
- Will-O-Wisp
- Ally Switch
- Beat Up

Support Dragapult is a must have for any Cobalion team. With it's Fake Out immunity, great support options and Beat Up it's the best support Cobalion can have in this format. I use Safety Goggles to ignore Amoonguss's Rage Powder to get a Beat Up off. This way I get the most consistency out of the Cobalion mode of the team. I run both Will-O-Wisp and Breaking Swipe so that way I can lower attack stat of things like Urshifu without going down to a banded Sucker Punch. Breaking Swipe on the other hand can be used to lower the attack of Pokemon like Landorus-T without risking it being Lum Berry. Ally Switch has great synergy with Cobalion's typing allowing me to avoid Dragapult getting hit by a dark type move and Cobalion from being hit by a fighting type move. The EV spread is Wolfey's and I don't know what it does.

Cobalion @ Assault Vest
Ability: Justified
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Stone Edge
- Bounce

Cobalion is the star of the team. It's bulk allows it to take hits way better than Terrakion due to it's typing and access to STAB max Steekspike as well a great defence stat. I run Assault Vest because otherwise Cobalion would be pretty frail on the special side. Also being able to use 4 attacks without the opportunity cost of not running Protect is great. Cobalion can sweep games on it's own if you get the beat up off. In Dynamax form, it basically never goes down.

Zapdos @ Life Orb
Ability: Static
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Hurricane
- Detect

I chose Zapdos for the secondary mode of this team because it beats sun and is a very bulky and powerful Max Airstream user. Base 100 speed is an important speed tier as it allows Zapdos to outspeed Urshifu. I run Life Orb Zapdos to get the most out of it's power. Safety Goggles could be good too, but Dragapult needs them more and the power difference of Life Orb can actually be a big deal on a hyper offense team like this. Overall, Zapdos is great on its own so it's fits on this team nicely.

Garchomp @ White Herb
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Rock Slide
- Stomping Tantrum
- Protect

For the 4th mon, I wanted something that beats Regieleki due to the increasing amount of Life Orb Dynamax Regieleki teams in the format. I think every hyper offense team needs an Eleki resist. I chose Garchomp over Lando because of it's higher speed and better moveset outside of Dynamax. The only thing on my team that is immune to Earthquake is Zapdos. Also the only Protect users on my team are Zapdos and Garchomp itself so I didn't want to hit my teams other members with my only Ground move. For this team, I chose to run an offensive set with White Herb rather than a bulky Weakness Policy set like last week. This is because on this Garchomp doesn't really have nearly as many opportunities to set up Swords Dance. White Herb is useful for resetting Intimidate and some other stat drops especially since I don't have Swords Dance on this Chomp.

Whimsicott @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Tailwind
- Trick Room
- Helping Hand

I wanted to have a Tailwind setter on this team, and Whimsicott does this arguably better than any other Pokemon. It has great support moves and is a crucial component of many hyper offense teams. I feel that this team needs a Tailwind setter because if hyper offense gets outpaced by the opposing team, things can go very badly for the hyper offense player. I chose to run Trick Room on Whimsicott to reset opposing Trick Room and also to set it up vs faster teams. This team can really struggle under Trick Room, so that's why I need to stop it from going off. I run Helping Hand as the last move so to avoid Fake Out and to support this teams many offensive mons. Since most of this team's Pokemon are physical, Helping Hand is better for general support than Fake Tears. It also comes into play against Porygon2 Incineroar leads; Turn 1 I can Helping Hand to avoid opponents Fake Out and go for Choice Banded Close Combat with Urshifu to ko Porygon2.

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike-Gmax @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- Aqua Jet
- Poison Jab

Speaking of Urshifu, it's this teams last Pokemon. For the last slot I wanted something that beats Landorus and Dark Type Urshifu while also resisting Ice to cover for this teams quadruple Ice weakness. Urshifu is a very good late game option especially against something like Glastrier that it can OHKO with Banded Close Combat when Glastrier's Dynamax is over. I chose to run Banded instead of Sash because Sash was already on Whimsicott and because with Choice Band, Helping Hand Close Combat ko's many Porygon2's. Overall, Urshifu is one of the best late game Pokemon with it's high damage, ability to go through Protect and crit through Intimidate.

Introducing: Tax Evasion! (https://pokepast.es/ac6e7cd001adfc25)
This team uses Beat up to boost Terrakion and Dragapult. Using offensive Pult really letsWithout redirection, it's hard to stop either of these mons from setting up, maxing, and destroying the opponent's whole team. White Herb is on Terrakion not only to help against Intimidate or Charm, but also so that it can get off a free Close Combat without the defense drops. Articuno is the star of the team. It can be used as a Tailwind setter, and it also has a 100% hit-rate STAB Blizzard in Hail, which does insane damage, especially since a lot of the meta (All the Dragons, Lando-T, Thundurus, Moltres-G, Zapdos, Togekiss and more) is weak to Ice. Vanilluxe's Hail also combines with Articuno to make it far more evasive, which gives it more longevity, and gets it out of tough situations. Rock Slide is a problem for it, but it doesn't matter when it has 55% accuracy against Articuno! Xurkitree is one of my favorites on this team. I was originally going to use Porygon-Z, but Xurkitree provided great coverage, as well as not being weak to Fighting. Xurk can either be lead and be a Max option that can snowball with Beast Boost, or come in late and be used to clean up. It can even be used as a secondary form of damage reduction with Eerie Impulse. Given that this is partially a Hail team, most opponents opt not to bring Lando-T or Garchomp, which means Xurk doesn't have to worry about Ground attacks nearly as much as much. Dragapult is also great, being able to nuke things like Metagross for super-effective damage. I decided to go with an Adamant nature in order for Vanilluxe to outspeed it and activate WP with Beat Up. Overall, this team is amazingly fun, and it has synergy for almost any core in the game.

Ice Cream (Vanilluxe) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 4 HP / 0 Atk / 0 Def / 252 SpA / 0 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 31 HP / 0 Atk / 31 Def / 31 SpA / 31 SpD / 31 Spe
- Blizzard
- Sheer Cold
- Freeze-Dry
- Beat Up

Terrakion @ White Herb
EVs: 0 HP / 252 Atk / 0 Def / 0 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 31 HP / 31 Atk / 31 Def / 31 SpA / 31 SpD / 31 Spe
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat
- Protect
- Taunt

Tax (Articuno) @ Bright Powder
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 0 HP / 0 Atk / 0 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Air Slash
- Tailwind
- Ancient Power

Incineroar @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 Hp / 0 Atk / 116 Def / 0 SpA / 140 SpD / 0 Spe
Careful Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Fake Out
- Parting Shot
- Protect

GG WP (Dragapult) @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / O Def / 0 SpA / 0 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Breaking Swipe
- Phantom Force
- Fly
- Protect

The IRS (Xurkitree) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Eerie Impulse
- Protect

EDIT: Man Beat Up is really good (https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8vgc2021series9-1344399430)

Last edited:
:SS/dragapult::SS/grimmsnarl::SS/Volcarona::SS/indeedee::SS/urshifu rapid strike::SS/tapu koko:
This team is based around Weakness Policy Dragapult. Although apparently everybody is using WP Pult, so I guess I’m not unique anymore.:psycry:
Anyways here’s my team for Week 5
Team:https://pokepast.es/727234484c428523
Breakdown:
:dragapult::Weakness policy:
I chose Weakness Policy Dragapult because of its excellent speed, decent bulk, and its uniqueness. Pult also has Clear Body, which keeps its stats from being lowered. This helps against Intimidate and speed lowering moves like Electroweb. I went with Dragon Darts, Phantom Force, Fly, and Protect for my moveset. Fly gives Pult Airstream, which gives the team speed control. Protect allows me to stall out opposing dynamax and trick room. My Speed EVs allow me to outspeed base 130s like Spectrier. My defensive EVs allow me to survive opposing LO Pult Phantasm/Wyrmwind, it also survives Timid LO Kingdra Wyrmwind. I will post more calcs at the end.
:grimmsnarl::Light clay:
Standard dual screens Grimm. Grimmsnarl provides screens for Pult while also being able to activte policy if necessary. Sucker Punch allows me to activate my own Weakness Policy if necessary. In most cases, opposing mons already have moves that hit supereffective on Pult but it is nice to have. Sucker Punch is also a nice attacking move to finish off low HP mons. The Speed EVs allow me to outspeed base 100s at +2. The defensive EVs allow me to take a Close Combat from Choice Band Urshifu and a Moonblast from max SpAtk Tapu Fini.
:Volcarona::Focus sash:
A second supportive mon to protect Dragapult. Volcarona was chosen because it resists fairy and because it is a more offensive supportive mon with the moves Heat Wave, Struggle Bug, Rage Powder, and Will-O-Wisp. It also helps the Ferrothorn matchup. Struggle Bug allows Volcarona to weaken special attackers like Galarian Moltres without being stifled by redirection. Rage Powder is an added layer of protection, as it can redirect strong moves from mons that are either too fast or too strong for teammates to handle. Will-O-Wisp allows Volcarona to cripple physical attackers like Glastrier, Landorus, and Thundurus. Focus Sash ensures that Volcarona will be able to weaken an opposing mon before it goes down. Sash also allows Volc to check Kartana.
:Indeedee::Safety Goggles:
Indeedee-M was chosen because it was an Imprison Trick Room user that did not require sash. Indeedee-M also provides Psychic Terrain, which prevents priority moves like Sucker Punch from hitting. The moveset is fairly standard, with the moves being Expanding Force, Dazzling Gleam, and Imprison TR. Dazzling Gleam hits the Dark types that are immune to Expanding Force like Urshifu and Grimmsnarl. Imprison Trick Room allows me to stop Trick Room while ignoring redirection. My item choice of safety goggles allows Indeedee to reliably check Venusaur, with my EV spread allowing me to survive a Vine Lash from Timid LO Venusaur. Indeedee is able to reliably check sun, it hits most members of sun teams for good damage and stops Trick Room from going up.
:Urshifu::Choice band:
I put Urshifu-Rapid-Strike on this team to deal with mons like Landorus and Porygon2 while providing a sturdier Ice resist. Urshifu also does well against Incineroar and can check Coalossal. I went with a Choice Band for my item, which allows Urshifu to score an OHKO on most Landorus and OHKO Landorus most of the time. For my moveset I went with Surging Strikes, Close Combat, Aqua Jet, and Poison Jab. Surging Strikes always crits which allows Urshifu to ignore attack drops, defense boosts, and screens. Aqua Jet is on this set to pick off targets with low HP or defense drops, especially Coalossal. Poison Jab hits Tapu Fini if needed. Urshifu is a great late game cleaner if the opponent’s dynamax is off the board, while also being a good early game offensive threat by utilizing defense drops and speed boosts from Dragapult.
:Tapu Koko::Life Orb:
Tapu Koko can check water types while also being able to check mons like Urshifu-Single-Strike and Galarian Moltres. It can also change terrain to stop Grassy Glide from being priority. For my moveset, I went with a pretty standard moveset of Thunderbolt, Dazzling Gleam, Taunt, and Protect. The only standout move is Taunt, Taunt is a great move that can stop strategies like Trick Room, Dual Screens, and lategame stall strats. Taunt can check Porygon2 and Grimmsnarl strategies. I went with Life Orb for my item for greater damage output and the ability to OHKO Fini in terrain.
Roles:
Dragapult is the only max target, you could max Urshifu or Tapu Koko against certain teams but you max Pult almost every time. Urshifu and Tapu Koko are the late game cleaners, they are brought in the back most of the time. Tapu Koko is also brought in the back so you can change terrain if you have to. Indeedee checks sun and Trick Room teams, usually as a lead. Volcarona and Grimmsnarl support Dragapult by reducing damage on lead. Volcarona can also be an offensive late game cleaner with Heat Wave.
Modes:
My favorite mode is Pult Volc on lead, with Urshifu and Tapu Koko in the back. You can usually KO something before Volcarona goes down, allowing Urshifu or Tapu Koko to come in for free. Against sun, I bring Pult Indeedee on lead with Urshifu and Volcarona in the back. Indeedee is able to stop Trick Room and deal heavy damage to Venusaur without being put to sleep. Volcarona is also able to do well against sun, but fears being put to sleep so I don't like leading it against sun. Against hyper offense, I usually lead Pult Grimm. I prefer to bring Urshifu and Tapu Koko in the back against hyper offense, but Volcarona can also do well depending on the matchups. You can also mix up the normal mode by leading one of the late game cleaners with Pult or leading both if they aren't severely threatened. For example, I like leading Urshifu Tapu Koko against P2 Grimm teams because they usually have moms that are slower, and Taunt from Tapu Koko can stop Trick Room.
Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8vgc2021series9-1344408156
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8vgc2021series9-1344404175
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8vgc2021series9-1344400961
Dragapult Calcs:
252 Atk Life Orb Dragapult Max Phantasm (130 BP) vs. 148 HP / 92 Def Dynamax Dragapult: 307-361 (84.3 - 99.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Glastrier Max Hailstorm (130 BP) vs. 148 HP / 92 Def Dynamax Dragapult: 296-350 (81.3 - 96.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Urshifu-Single Strike Wicked Blow vs. 148 HP / 92 Def Dynamax Dragapult on a critical hit: 230-272 (63.1 - 74.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Kingdra Max Wyrmwind (140 BP) vs. 148 HP / 28 SpD Dynamax Dragapult: 307-361 (84.3 - 99.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Spectrier Max Phantasm (130 BP) vs. 148 HP / 28 SpD Dynamax Dragapult through Light Screen: 251-298 (68.9 - 81.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Moltres-Galar Max Darkness (130 BP) vs. 148 HP / 28 SpD Dynamax Dragapult: 248-294 (68.1 - 80.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Grimmsnarl Calcs:
252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 132+ Def Grimmsnarl: 165-195 (81.6 - 96.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Tapu Fini Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 92 SpD Grimmsnarl: 162-192 (80.1 - 95%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Indeedee Calc:
252 SpA Life Orb Venusaur Max Overgrowth (140 BP) vs. 92 HP / 92 SpD Indeedee-M: 122-146 (82.9 - 99.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Urshifu Calcs:
252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu-Rapid Strike Surging Strikes (3 hits) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Dynamax Landorus-T on a critical hit: 324-384 (98.1 - 116.3%) -- approx. 93.8% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu-Rapid Strike Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 124 Def Eviolite Porygon2: 198-234 (103.1 - 121.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Against Coalossal:
252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu-Rapid Strike Aqua Jet vs. -1 52 HP / 28 Def Dynamax Coalossal: 264-312 (68.7 - 81.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
If Dragapult Procs:(0- SpA Dragapult Surf vs. 52 HP / 4 SpD Dynamax Coalossal: 88-104 (22.9 - 27%) -- 30.3% chance to 4HKO)
If Urshifu Procs:(252 Atk Urshifu-Rapid Strike Aqua Jet vs. 52 HP / 28 Def Dynamax Coalossal: 120-144 (31.2 - 37.5%) -- 67.6% chance to 3HKO)

:dragapult::blastoise::indeedee-f::rotom-heat::registeel::rillaboom:
https://pokepast.es/727496c01f845f97
THE TORTOISE AND THE DRAGAPULT

This team is based around Dragapult and Blastoise. Both can set up with follow me support from Indeedee with dragon dance and shell smash respectively. These setup strategies tend to be weak to spread moves, but Dragapult has the option of boosting Blastoise's speed with max airstream and letting it get off a powerful life orb water spout. The two have a very powerful stab combination that covers for most relevant mons in the format, and hits everything for at least neutral damage.

:ss/dragapult:
Dragapult is the primary max candidate of the team, it does pretty passable damage on its own but can become significantly more threatening with one or two dragon dances. It can also be provide speed control in the form of max airstream which helps out Blastoise and Rotom-heat. It has safety goggles to help against Venusaur and Amoonguss

:ss/blastoise:
Blastoise acts as both a cleaner with water spout and a sweeper with shell smash. Blastoise is also a very good late game max mon, doing good damage in combination with chip from its gmax move. It can also lead next to Dragapult and just spam water spout with airstream support. Life orb to maximize water spout damage and for dynamax.

:ss/indeedee-f:
Indeedee allows Blastoise, Pult and Rotom to set up and sweep, psychic terrain also overwrites opposing Rillaboom grassy terrain for Blastoise.Focus sash ensures Indeedee will survive 2 attacks to prevent double ups.

:ss/rotom-heat:
Rotom-Heat is primarily there to cover for steel types, but can also check Glastrier and Tapu Fini in a pinch. Benefits from Indeedee redirection support. Sitrus berry allows Rotom to set up more consistently without support or in the face or spread moves, leaving it with more HP to abuse dynamax with.

:ss/registeel:
Registeel provides useful resists to ice and rock, giving the team more flexibility outside of leads. Besides that it functions as a late game win con with iron press and amnesia. It also appreciates Dragapult and Indeedee being able to take out ghost types that would otherwise be immune to body press.

:ss/Rillaboom:
Rillaboom is the team's main check to Tapu Fini and Rotom-Wash, hitting them for super effective with its strong grass stab. Miracle seed gives it access to fake out for things like Urshifu while also boosting its power with grass moves. This makes Rillaboom a great late-game cleaner with grassy glide spam that can capitalize on defense drops from Dragapult's max phantasm.

The Child Yeeter + The Berry Eater!
A Team Building Report
1621616031661.png
1621615979485.png
:snorlax: :indeedee-f: :dragapult: :urshifu: :Tapu fini: :Tapu koko:
Team Paste: https://pokepast.es/24d0b4fc02bb1d7b
Team Creators: Plopy14, Poogang,

I didn't submit a team last week because I wasn't that interested in the mon but this week we got a banger team for you guys I hope you enjoy.
:ss/dreepy: :ss/dragapult: :ss/dreepy:
:Life orb:
Dragapult with its Dragon and ghost typing is a really offensive threat in the format with it being faster than 99% of the format. Dragapult being physical and a ghost type it takes full advantage of Max Phantasm. Dragapult also gets access to fly which gives it Max Airstream and with +1 speed can outspeed many things even if they are +2. Dragapult is a very offensive wallbreaker and has the ability to also negate oppenents physical damage with Max Wyrmwind. I didnt really think that Weakness Policy Dragapult had enough Offensive without having to set up so I went with Lifeorb. Infiltrator can be useful but i feel like clear body is the more superior set for offensive Dragapult because it stops intimidate and speed drops. With Indeedee-f support I just went 252 252 jolly so that i can get as much offensive pressure as possible. Dragon darts is a cool tech that can really put offensive pressure on opponents because if you protect then both my attacks are going into the one that didnt protect and this can be really helpful.​

Dragapult @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Darts
- Fly
- Phantom Force
- Protect
:ss/Indeedee-f:
:safety goggles:
Indeedee-f is one or the best re-directors in the format right now with its ability bringing out the psychic terrain to stop fake out for its partner and being a psychic and normal type its weak to only 2 things Bug and Dark. With its ghost immunity it makes it a great partner for Dragapult so opposing threats cant hit you with ghost moves and makes it a great counter to spectrier as spectrier cant hit it very effectively. With Ef it hits things for big damage even without having any investment. Helping hand can boost Dragapults attacking sky high and allow dragapult to pick up Ohko's where it usually would be a 2hko. Max defense allows Indeedee-f to live non banded urshifu wicked blow which can come in very handy. 29 speed ev's allow it to live magnet Electroball from regieleki and still get its terrain up against most rillaboom. Safety goggles was chosen over sash because sash was taken by a later mon. But safety goggles allows for me to stop sun with pult as they cant go for sleep powder while indeedee-f is sitting there.​

Indeedee-F (F) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 29 Spe
- Follow Me
- Helping Hand
- Expanding Force
- Protect
:ss/snorlax:
:Figy berry:
Snorlax! My favorite mon and a great ghost type counter. With indeedee-f's support with follow me it can set up bellydrum and sweep. Its naturally high special defense and high Hp stats allow for it to be a very tanky special wall. Body slam is a overall good normal type stab with no drawbacks since Snorlax was nerfed and frustration/return were removed from its move set. Snorlax has the ability to destroy someones whole team after it sets up picking up ohko's where-ever it goes. Iron head is another great support coverage as it raises Snorlax's defense stat because Snorlax doesn't appreciate taking physical hits. Fire punch is to deal with Celesteela because Celesteela wins the 1v1 against Snorlax always without Snorlax being able to hit it super effectively so I use fire punch to deal with that. The 1 speed Iv in snorlax is to hit 32 speed so that I am able to outspeed min speed Glastrier outside of trick room. It also allows me to ensure I set up belly drum before Amoonguss Moves.
Snorlax-Gmax @ Figy Berry
Ability: Gluttony
Gigantamax: Yes
EVs: 100 HP / 60 Atk / 180 Def / 164 SpD / 4 Spe
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 SpA / 1 Spe
- Body Slam
- Belly Drum
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch

:ss/urshifu:
:Choice band:
Urshifu is a great late game sweeper and with choice band it can completely destroy things in one shot. Wicked blow is the best dark move to date because of the fact that it always crits. Close combat is a great fighting type stab that can do great amounts of damage. Suckerpunch is a great secondary dark stab that can help late game to hit things before they move. I added poison jab because it hits fairy types that threaten Urshifu, I run adamant because with Tapu koko's electroweb and Dragapult's Airstream it can boost its speed and the extra damage can really be beneficial.​

Urshifu-Gmax @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Wicked Blow
- Sucker Punch
- Close Combat
- Poison Jab

:ss/tapu koko:
:focus sash:

Tapu koko is one of the few fairy types that are faster than urshifu in the format currently and since urshifu threatens everything else on the team besides tapu fini. tapu koko was a good adition in the fact that it helps with its fast dazzling gleam and with electro-web it helps give speed drops so that urshifu can come in the back and deal big damage. The electric typing helps deal with threats like celesteela and overall is a good mon to help support. sash is there because many things in the format Ohko tapu koko so the sash is there to enable it lives at least 2 turns if possible. The Reason for Telepathy is mainly because I already have 2 terrains that are way more beneficial to me than electric terrain so I chose to put telepathy.

Tapu Koko @ Focus Sash
Ability: Telepathy
EVs: 4 HP / 4 Def / 244 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunderbolt
- Electroweb
- Protect
:ss/Tapu fini:
:Choice specs:
Tapu Fini again is another fairy type so it helps with Urshifu. The choice specs are there to ensure it does a lot to regirock with scald if not in lightscreen and 3hko Regirock in Max. Specs are also there so that Airstream + Ice beam kills thundurus as my spread allows tapu fini to outspeed thundurus at +1. Muddy water is just so innaccurate so I chose to run dazzling gleam as a secondary fairy type move incase it would be better for certain situations. Really tapu fini is mainly there to stop burns and be another fairy type.

Tapu Fini @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 132 SpA / 4 SpD / 116 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Scald
- Dazzling Gleam
- Ice Beam

Thank you guys so much for reading my post it was a lot of fun making this team its very hyper offense button clicky but that can be fun. I hope you guys enjoyed if you did make sure to leave a like and or comment so I get advice on what to do next!

Last edited:

ToastNoButter

is a Forum Moderator
https://pokepast.es/f1000e1bf6298e2e
So as per usual, I am here to deliver my team at the last minute with a short description of what the concept is. Dragapult has a weakness policy and Sableye can activate it, as well as providing speed control with prankster quash and trick full incense. Now, Mandibuzz? It's been mentioned in the VGC chat a few times, and Moxie Boosted recently made a couple vids with it. I wanted to dismiss the idea, but it kept coming up in my head, and it patched up some issues with the team pretty nicely. It gave me speed control outside of Sableye and Dynamax, a way to stall out the maxes of things such as Spectrier and Moltres-g, which could be annoying with redirection support, and an easier sun matchup. Thanks for taking the time to look at the team!

Sorry for being a bit late once again, but here we go.

Team A by WettestTowelVGC

*Zoom* here comes Dragapult: https://pokepast.es/c83f014f848134a9
At first I made some really weird team, and decided I didn't like it. For the sake of being original, I also didn't include Coalossal. Hope you enjoy :)

:Dragapult: :Weakness-policy:
So first we got Dragapult. Yes it yeets the children, but it also likes invulnerability. I gave it Dive (not Surf), Phantom Force, Dragon Darts and Protect. Phantom Force can also lower defense with max Phantasm, as well as Wyrmwind lowering attack. Dive can help against sun matchups, when I don't bring my next pokemon.

:Ninetales-alola: :Kebia-Berry:
Ninetales is the next member. It is one of my counters to sun, and Kebia helps survive max Ooze from Venusaur. I gave it Aurora Veil, Hail, Freeze-Dry and Moonblast. Hail is to reset weather for sun matchups (and any other weather), Aurora Veil is obvious, and Freeze-Dry/Moonblast are for STAB.

:Sandslash-alola: :Life-orb:
Sandslash is fun, and I've been wanting to use it for weeks. I gave it Icicle Crash, Iron Head, Drill Run and Protect. Icicle Crash/Iron Head for STAB. Drill Run was originally Knock Off, but I decided ground coverage>dark coverage, because it can take care of Sandslash's most common weakness: fire.

:Sableye: :Full-Incense:
Sableye is my Regieleki counter. It also helps with taking away any Weakness Policy's, and even activating Dragapult's. I gave it Shadow Sneak, Quash, Night Shade and Trick. Shadow Sneak can activate Dragapult's Weakness Policy, while Night Shade is my main damage output. Quash is the main way to counter Regieleki, and Trick can stop Metagross, and Coalossal in their tracks.

:Throh: :Figy-berry:
There are so many Fighting types that aren't used, and I really wanted to use Throh. Throh is a really nice Incineroar counter, having the ability Inner Focus. It's also an exceptionally good trick room counter, having both minimum speed and Circle Throw. I gave it Circle Throw, Rock Slide, Wide Guard and Helping Hand. Circle Throw is helpful for switching out something with multiple boosts, or a pokemon that can use Trick Room. Rock Slide is good coverage, and can possibly make Ghost type Trick Room users flinch. Wide Guard is good for Dazzling Gleam, or Electroweb, and Helping Hand is good for guaranteeing a knockout on bulkier pokemon.

:Tapu-lele: :Choice-scarf:
Last but not least, Tapu Lele. I chose it because psychic terrain blocks priority that would give Dragapult problems, like Sucker Punch. I gave it Moonblast, Psychic, Fling and Nature's Madness. Moonblast and Psychic because they cover a lot of the meta, and STAB. Fling for another way to activate Dragapult's Weakness Policy, and Nature's Madness for a reliable way to chip pokemon down.

Here's the first (bad) team I made: https://pokepast.es/024c4068a6210978

The nicknames are references to Polo G's album, "THE GOAT".
Team B by Bananers7

DUh I CLick Not Play
A very strong, very button clicky Hyper Offense

:dragapult: :clefairy: :urshifu: :porygon-z: :nihilego: :landorus-therian:
Hello all, hello SmogVGC. Here is my team for this week, and ho boy is it a strong one.
https://pokepast.es/23d1e7e527c91dcd
:dragapult:
Here is big Pult itself. I went with a standard Life Orb 3 Attacks set. My speed allows me to outspeed every relevant Pokemon, with Tapu Koko being outsped by one point. My HP and Defense EVs allow me to be 2HKO'd by an Urshifu Sucker Punch, my HP is also optimized to take minimum Life Orb recoil. I really like Dragapult combined with my Urshifu since I can boost its Speed and give it a Pseudo-Choice Band with Max Phantasm.

:clefairy:
I added Clefairy to this team because, in my opinion, it should be on every Hyper Offense team. Follow Me is just so good with set up attackers and just frail ones too. I went with standard moves, and my HP stat is optimized to take minimum Vine Lash damage while still maximizing HP. The Special Defense is to always live a Sludge Bomb/Max Ooze from Modest Life Orb Venusaur. I then just dumped the rest in Defense.

:urshifu:
I went with Urshifu Single-Strike because its synergy with Dragapult is actually so broken. It also adds a Trick Room destroyer to this very fast and Trick Room weak team. EVs, item, and Moves are hella standard so no explanation needed.

:porygon-z:
I then added PorygonZ because I wanted a Special attacking Dynamax option. This shit actually slaps so hard and it's honestly my favorite Pokemon to use. I went with Silk Scarf since my Life Orb was taken (sidenote: I actually used LOrb on the original draft of my team but my Pult was hitting like a marshmallow with the Weakness Policy set I had), and my EV spread is pretty standard with Max Speed and almost Max Special attack. I decided to just give PorygonZ some bulk because it already hits so hard it doesn't necessarily need all of that Special Attack. My moves are standard, with Nasty Plot making this thing hit stupid hard, Hyper Beam maximizing power, and Dark Pulse letting me hit Ghost-types. I really like this thing's synergy with Dragapult as Dragapult can easily KO Ghost-types, that even with Dark Pulse can be hard for PZ to deal with.

:nihilego:
I seriously needed a way to combat both Fairy-types and Thundurus (since all of my max moves activate defiant so far) Nihilego does this perfectly. My set is really standard, with my spread boosting Speed whenever I kill something due to Beast Boost. Yeah, idk really what else to say about Jelly lol.

:landorus-therian:
Finally, we come to the king himself, Landorus-T. I really needed Intimidate and an Electric/Regieleki immunity, and Lando has both. My EVs are pretty standard, with my speed investment being able to outspeed Dragapult at plus one Speed, and my HP is optimized to maximize bulk while also minimizing chip damage from Vine Lash. My moveset is the standard three attacks Lum Berry Swords Dance set, however with one move changing. I went with Stone Edge over Rock Slide. Reason being? Well, simple. Rock Slide hits like an old wet unwashed blanket. While I and my good friend Otter were testing this team, my plus two rock Slide did 17% to a max Dragonite, WITH NO MULTISCALE. While Stone Edge misses more often, it hits a lot harder.

So that's about my team, I really like it and it's pretty easy to use. See you guys later!​
Team C by Gfazzo

:ss/dragapult: :ss/mienshao: :ss/mamoswine: :ss/clefairy: :ss/rotom-heat: :ss/rillaboom:
https://pokepast.es/ffe4b22d1cfbb555
Drapapult is easily one of my favorite mons this gen, with one of the highest base speed stats in the game currently and an amazing ability its a premier Dmax threat capable of overwhelming opponents. Now, lets dive into the team.

To start us off we have the mon of the week in Dragapult, I chose a Weakness Policy set over the standard Life Orb/Safety Goggles sets. just because I like to be a different. Pults great speed stat and dual stab combination makes it such a scary wp abuser, with not many pokemon resisting ghost type attacks and setting up partners like Mienshao and Mamoswine for easy ko's on opponents who have gotten their defense stat lowered from Max Phantasm. You may also notice that this pult has dive, I couldnt quite decide on protect, dragon dance, dive, or steel wing. I decided on dive to help out with the coalossal matchup along with rotom heat match up.

Mienshao will win one of these weeks! Anyway besides being one of my favorite mons to use Mienshao does a ton for the team. It is able to taunt trick room setters like porygon2 and Dusclops along with providing great damage with close combat. Paired with Dragapults Max Phantasm Mienshaos close combat packs quite a punch being able to ko mostly anything it hits super effectively. Mienshao can provides the team with coaching support to boost mamoswines and even rillabooms defense and attack stat to deal massive ammounts of damage.

Next up we have Mamoswine, Its main roll on the team is to proc pults WP with iceshard and to deal with moltres galar and Thundurus. This mamoswine is holding a grassy seed to boost its quite average defense stat. Holding the grassy seed means mamoswine can live loads of physical attacks that normally it won't live. This spread in particular lives 252+ adamant choice banded rillaboom wood hammer in grassy terrain.

Clefairy is the perfect partner for dragapult being able to redirect super effective dark/ghost/dragon type moves away from dragapult. Friend Guard also helps out a ton as it allows pult to take not nearly as much damage as it normally would from super effective attacks and then activate its weakness policy.

Rotom is mainly here to better help vs Sun, Celesteela, and Glastrier who other wise are pretty problematic for Dragapult. After a nasty plot Rotom can easily plow thru teams and paired with Clefairy's Helping Hand it doesnt even need to set up a nasty plot.

And lastly we have rillaboom, its job is to deal with water types such as Rotom-Wash and Tapu Fini. Believe it or not rillaboom can also be a dynamax Candidate paired with either Clefairy or Mienshao. This is most noteable in the Lapras MU, as Gmax Drumsolo OHKOS Gmax Lapras before it can get a resonance off

Most of the time your going to want to lead Dragapult+Mamaoswine/Mienshao. Mienshao+dragapult stops virtually any form of trick room set up t1 with Mienshao being able to either Taunt/Fake Out the Trick Room setter and let pult maintain speed Control. Leading Mamo+Pult is another good lead option if your opponent doe not have redirection u could ice shard pult t1 and fire off a powerful max phantasm/max wyrmwind into your opponent. I tend to like bringing clefairy in the back so whenever Mienshao/ MAmoswine faints Clefairy comes in for free and is able to support Dragapult. It is also worth noting that 172+ speed dragapult outspeeds the lazy people who ev their own dragapult to outspeed base 130s by 1 point

252+ Atk Choice Band Rillaboom Wood Hammer vs. +1 20 HP / 68 Def Dynamax Mamoswine in Grassy Terrain: 314-372 (83.5 - 98.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery +1 172 Atk Mamoswine Max Hailstorm vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Dynamax Moltres-Galar: 344-408 (103.6 - 122.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO 252 Atk Dragapult Helping Hand Max Geyser vs. 52 HP / 28 Def Dynamax Coalossal-Gmax: 352-416 (91.6 - 108.3%) -- 50% chance to OHKO +2 252 Atk Dragapult Max Geyser vs. 52 HP / 28 Def Dynamax Coalossal-Gmax: 468-552 (121.8 - 143.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO +2 252 Atk Dragapult Max Geyser vs. 132 HP / 0 Def Dynamax Rotom-Heat: 264-312 (92.9 - 109.8%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO 116+ Atk Rillaboom-Gmax Helping Hand G-Max Drum Solo vs. 156 HP / 52 Def Dynamax Lapras-Gmax in Grassy Terrain: 576-680 (128 - 151.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO 252 Atk Mienshao Close Combat vs. -1 0 HP / 0 Def Dynamax Regigigas: 278-330 (75.1 - 89.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I enjoyed making it as it features some of my favorite mons to use this series. I hope to see some of you trying this team out!
Team D by ChrystalFalchion

OK, here's the team I made. SemiRoom featuring Screens Dragapult.

Importable

Here's the breakdown.

Dragapult's role is to facilitate a sweep from either of Zapdos, Rillaboom, Alolawak or Stakataka. Reflect and Light Screen are self explanatory, as is Light Clay to keep them going longer. Draco Meteor and Shadow Ball are the STAB moves, and still hit pretty hard. Since this set doesn't max, I went with a special set as that is less reliant on it. I also used an offensive EV spread because even with investment Dragapult isn't very bulky, and it means it's not dead weight once the screens are up.

No you're not hallucinating, that is Galarian Zapos. I noticed my team was majorly weak to Intimidate and the Torkoal + Earth Power Venusaur core. So Galarian Zapdos was a nice interim measure. Marowak, Stakataka and Rillaboom all draw in Intimidators, which of course this crazy chocobo feasts on. Adrenaline Orb + Defiant means if I get Intimidated I can have +1 Speed and +1 Attack right out of the gate. Brave Bird and Close Combat get STAB - Throat Chop is nice coverage.

Tapu Fini can crucify my team (though it still doesn't like taking Max moves from Alolawak and Stakataka), so I needed something to deal with it. I originally had Assault Vest Rillaboom on here, but I decided to experiment with Choice Band and so far I've been delighted with the results. Early game its role is to break holes with Wood Hammer, while late game it can clean with Grassy Glide. G Max Drum Solo is more useful than Max Overgrow, so I went with the G Max form even though it almost never maxes.

Nowadays, pretty much every hyper offensive team needs a Clefairy, so that's what I've put on my team. It's the standard support set, nothing new to talk about here really. Fairy I find has better resistances on the physical side, so it has max physical defence. As TV tropes would put it, Clef is boring but practical: its job is to protect its teammates.

Alolawak has two roles on my team. 1: Sweep under Trick Room. 2: Keep Electric moves away from Zapdos. In turn, Zapdos makes Incineroar deeply regret switching in. If it can avoid Sleep Powder it can deal with the Torkoal + Venusaur core pretty nicely, which is a massive threat to Trick Room teams. Poltergeist and Flare Blitz get STAB, both having 140 BP when maxed which is insane coming off such a massive Attack stat. Bonemerang gets coverage on the likes of Incineroar, Tyranitar and Nihilego.

Lastly we have Stakataka, whose main role is to sweep under Trick Room. It's the standard OTR set, but with a few tweaks. I went with a Brave nature and perfect IVs everywhere apart from Speed, because this boosts its Defence with Beast Boost. Why would I want that? Well, it's a nasty surprise for Incineroar, for one thing, and after a boost or two it also smashes Porygon2, Ferrothorn and even Celesteela. With Screens this thing is almost unkillable without super effecitve moves, which of course trigger its Weakness Policy.
Team E by Draconid997

I wanted to build around the TerraPult combo, as I think it's one of the most entertaining combos in the current format. Let's get to the team!

View attachment 341745
Dragapult (M) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Darts
- Phantom Force
- Fly
- Beat Up

The crux of the team. Clear Body, 120 Attack, 142 Speed, Life Orb, Dragapult makes for a fantastic physical sweeper. Beat Up makes for an additional coverage move in Max Darkness, and the 4 points in SpD make Porygon2 gain an attack boost. Nothing too fancy.

View attachment 341746
Terrakion @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat
- Helping Hand
- Protect

Beat Up+Justified partner. Lum Berry helps against burns, as well as opposing Venusaur/Amoonguss. Rock and Fighting are fantastic STABs in this format, hitting many of the most popular pokemon for super effective damage, without many resistances. Again, the 4 EVs in SpD are for opposing Porygon2. Helping Hand is very useful if I choose to dynamax Dragapult instead, leading to many surprise OHKOs.

View attachment 341747
Torkoal (M) @ Charcoal
Ability: Drought
EVs: 132 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 116 Spe
Modest Nature
- Eruption
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Protect

A Torkoal with speed investment?? This is in order to speed creep Glastrier, as otherwise it is a huge threat to the VenuKoal lead, especially with redirection support. The rest is quite self explanatory, with Earth Power for opposing Nihilego and Coalossal, which otherwise pose a huge threat to Torkoal.

View attachment 341748
Venusaur-Gmax (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 28 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 220 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Earth Power
- Sleep Powder

Torkoal's partner in crime. Focus Sash allows Venusaur to live any attack from full HP, which to my mind is slightly better than the alternative of Coba Berry. The speed investment allows Venusaur to outpace 252+ Spe Regieleki in Sun. Quite a simple yet effective set.

View attachment 341749
Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 244 HP / 100 Def / 20 SpA / 132 SpD / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Eerie Impulse
- Recover
- Trick Room

The new Cresselia. Ice Beam allows for a better match up against opposing Landorus-T and Garchomp, with Eerie Impulse to disrupt any annoying special attackers. The space duck also acts as a dedicated Spectrier check, as well as a fantastic trick room setter for Torkoal to abuse.

View attachment 341750
Celesteela @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 4 SpA / 132 SpD / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Air Slash
- Leech Seed
- Protect

What better way to finish a teambuilding competition entry than using the Pokemon from the previous challenge - Celesteela!
Celesteela is the perfect way to round out the team's exposed weaknesses: ground, dragon, flying and psychic. It also provides a good way to counter opposing Glastrier+Clefairy and even Amoonguss/Venusaur with Safety Goggles.

Feel free to try it out! I hope you enjoy :))
Team F by KachiVGC

DragVile
:ss/dragapult: :ss/weavile:
:ss/torkoal: :ss/stakataka: :ss/rotom-wash:
Hello! I am here to showcase my week 5 team.
Pokepaste: Importable

I got the idea of Dragapult Weavile from one of my friends Gfazzo. I think having a strategy of activating Weakness Policy with Ice Shard and capitalizing off Max Phantasm´s defense drops is Immense. A fast Weakness Policy abuser that´s damage output doesn´t lower is terrifying to go up against if you don´t have the right pokemon/ type advantage, that´s only with it alone. With the support of its teammates, it shouldn´t be something to underestimate.

As my first time using Weavile it´s good! I also used it because nobody else is using Weavile at the moment. Weavile is really good because it can use Ice Shard for two reasons, it can activate Dragapult´s Weakness Policy or it can break a potential Focus Sash. Triple Axel and Throat Chop are for strong STAB options. Fake-out is pretty obvious, it´s the fastest legal pokemon in VGC that has access to Fake Out. This also allows Weavile to win Fake Out wars without any modifiers. With either STAB, as I said earlier Weavile can capitalize off Max Phantasm´s defense drops if it ever needs to land some attacks off.

I´ve had several ideas of what should I have but I settled in with Venusaur because with a Torkoal pairing I don´t have to worry about fire types anymore, my main focus would have to be rock types. Venusaur could actually deal super effective damage on Tapu Fini as opposed to using Celesteela or Metagross. Venusaur+Weavile allows Venusaur to deal huge amounts of damage with the addition of Vine-lash damage while Weavile dealing with its flying type threats.

This is simple, along with Venusaur mostly you would bring Torkoal with on the team. Instead of running the usual offensive Charcoal or Shuca Berry, I was thinking bulky Sitrus Berry was an amazing option to burn Glastriers. Yawn is also a great way to shut down physical dynamaxed targets and put huge pressure on them if not with Lum Berry or in Electric Terrain.

I wanted a rock resist that isn´t weak to fire, so Stakataka was the idea because I didn´t have any better options. Stakataka offers me a great Trick Room setter to the team as well as being a great physical attacker getting defense boost by Max Steelspike or getting a KO on a pokemon.

I didn´t have resist against Landorus-Therian and it would destroy my team. I thought having a flying type would work to be immune to Max Quake but I would just be weaker to rock types. The first thing that came to my mind was Levitate to be immune to its ground moves. Rotom-Wash was the best option because none of its main moves would hit it super effectively and I could use Nasty Plot. Then I could just Hydro Pump. Having one weakness as grass isn´t a problem at all having 4/6 of the team being resisted with the addition of being super effective.

Dragapult+Weavile has a great Trick Room MU with the addition to Stakataka and Torkoal. Weavile can help Venusaur with its Lando MU. Dragapult+Torkoal has a decent overall matchup against Glastrier. Stakataka+Weavile gets Trick Room up easier and Rotom-W+Weavile gets a Nasty Plot up easier.

-1 252+ Atk Life Orb Glastrier Max Hailstorm (130 BP) vs. 164 HP / 4 Def Dynamax Dragapult: 283-338 (76.9 - 91.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Moltres-Galar Max Darkness (130 BP) vs. 164 HP / 4 SpD Dynamax Dragapult: 304-359 (82.6 - 97.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Magnet Transistor Regieleki Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 124 SpD Torkoal: 144-171 (81.3 - 96.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Glastrier Max Quake (130 BP) vs. 252 HP / 132+ Def Torkoal: 143-169 (80.7 - 95.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Rillaboom-Gmax Grassy Glide vs. 252 HP / 36 Def Dynamax Rotom-W in Grassy Terrain: 228-270 (72.6 - 85.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 140+ SpA Rotom-W Max Geyser (140 BP) vs. 244 HP / 44 SpD Dynamax Landorus-T: 468-552 (120 - 141.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

-1 252 Atk Weavile Triple Axel (3 hits) vs. -1 244 HP / 4 Def Dynamax Landorus-T: 432-516 (110.7 - 132.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 172 Atk Dragapult Max Wyrmwind (130 BP) vs. 252 HP / 124 Def Incineroar: 189-223 (93.5 - 110.3%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

I enjoyed my first time using Weavile, I hope you guys can enjoy trying my team!​
Team G by Yourwelcomthank

:ss/Dragapult: :ss/clefable: :ss/Rhyperior: :ss/Kartana: :ss/porygon2: :ss/Tapu Fini:
https://pokepast.es/4e41b448968b3200
This team has some more interesting off meta picks like Swords Dance Rhyperior and Clefable. So i started with Clefable Dragapult there are a few reasons to use Clefable over Clefairy. With a Babiri Berry it can help ensure Rhyperior and Dragapult are able to beat Steel-types. Togekiss can hold a Babiri Berry to but can't take all Boosted Max Steelspikes like Metagross after its Weakness Policy or Celesteela. Also it has Unaware which is helpful with the many other boosting Pokemon like Swords Dance Glastrier and Shell Smash Blastoise.

:Dragapult::Life Orb:
Dragapult checks a lot for this team Rillaboom, Venusaur, Metagross, Garchomp all very valuble for this team. i chose Dragon Dance Dragapult beacuse of my redirection in Clefable. with redirection its also a better rain check as it can safely set Dragon Dance up than outspeed and OHKO Kingdra really Dragapult is able to teat through so much offensivly cause its STAB combo is so good. Other Pokemon on the team like Tapu fini helping it handle Venusaur, Rhyperior checking Goltres, Kartana checking fairy's are all very helpful for Dragapult to wreck offensively.

:clefable::Babiri Berry:
Why use Clefable over Clefairy? well a few reasons primarily its ability to hold a Babiri Berry and stave off Steel-types one turn longer. Unlike Togekiss due to Unaware it can live Boosted Max Steelspikes with Babiri Berry from the likes of Metagross and Celesteela. Also it is grounded meaning misty terrain will affect it. Clefable is able to provide redirection for Porygon2 to set Trick Room, Rhyperior Swords Dance, and Dragapult Dragon Dance. It also is a check to Urshifu and Terrapult.

:Rhyperior::Weakness Policy:
What if you wanted a Ground-type that checked an Ice-type in Glastrier. Well the 2 options i saw that could do that are Rhyperior and Excadrill. Rhyperior's rock-typing is able to thwart Moltres-G,Zapdos, and other flyers it could struggle with. This Rhyperior set has Swords Dance and Weakness Policy not exactly a new combination. with Redirectors on the team and the fear of Weakness Policy this can give Rhyperior opportunity to set up. Weakness Policy Rhyperior is just fine with no self activation especially as this set has Swords Dance. Rhyperior being a Ground-type that checks Glastrier makes me feel its pretty underated in the format.

:Kartana::Assault Vest:
I wanted a Grass-type and a Steel-type Kartana and Ferrothorn were the options for that. I chose Kartana because it can more immediately threaten Tapu Fini and other Grass weak Pokemon than Ferrothorn could. Also it isn't set up reliant to win. Kartana alongside Clefable can check Hatterene for this team. Kartana is most importantly able to check opposing Water-types for this team alongside Regirock.

:Porygon2::Eviolite:
Porygon2 is the best Trick Room setter in the format i Chose Porygon2 over Dusclops because despite being able to self activate Weakness Policy the ability to check Spectrier and weaken many other Specail attackers with Eerie impulse i find valuble. Dusclops would just make the team much weaker to Spectrier and does not have Eerie Impulse for Specail attackers like Tapu Fini or Lapras. Eerie Impulse is a pretty good way of helping Rhyperiors low special defense stat.

:Tapu Fini::Leftovers:
Tapu Fini and its Misty Terrain provide this team with an answer to status. Standard CM set i chose so that Tapu Fini itself is threatening. Tapu fin is able to remove Rillaboom's Grass Terrain improving Rhyperiors matchup vs Rillaboom letting it potentially beat it. Tapu Fini is able to provide a fighting check a fire check the normal good Tapu Fini things.
Team H by Duck-Monke

Hi Gamers this is my team featuring Wp Dragapult and other fun gimmicks that try to recreate the feeling of Dragpult + Zacian but in s9. (No it’s not mawile lol)

The Team

View attachment 341824View attachment 341825
This Dragapult is meant to be the main max candidate on this team paired with bisharp for assurance strats or Gardevior to screw Urshifu (Dark Mainly). Fly is for max Airstream boosts. While P-Force and D-Darts are nice STABS. Other than that it has Wp.

View attachment 341826View attachment 341860
WTF ! It’s not Lele ! Well there are a few reasons for Gardevior being here over Lele. 1st Trace (is fun) mostly helps me and most useful when I get intimidate or Slow Start. 2nd Gardevior has Icy wind for speed control which Lele lacks + this is good chip especially against AV maxing lando 252 SpA Gardevoir Icy Wind vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Dynamax Landorus-Therian: 72-88 (21.8 - 26.6%) -- 8.8% chance to 4HKO. 3rd It has a reliable way to hit Steels with its Mystical Fire (Instead of the Unreliable Focus Blast)

View attachment 341861View attachment 341862
Bisharp is here for all of the Ghost and Ice Pokémon that screw up Dragapult's rein of terror. Right now my team seems very easily screw by Metagross (Mostly Wp w Spec) but thanks to focus sash it and maxed Pult can live any one (Non WP Boosted) hit from Metagross. But since most Spec's carry no protect so I can sucker punch and pick up the KO W Airstream on Spec (W Pult) and on the following turn I can finish the Metagross off. Gardevior can also be a good partner to Bisharp providing Speed Control.

View attachment 341857View attachment 341858
Why Screens Eleki ? Simple I didn't want type overlap. Grimmsnarl is by far the Best Screen Setter, it just overlaps typing with Gardevior and Bisharp, and it pairs better with Bisharp than Grimm would.

View attachment 341859View attachment 341863
Venusuar is here to help with Metagross in general. It's Weather Ball and sleep powder provide for easy swap ins for Venu's teammates + I needed another max option.

View attachment 341864View attachment 341865
Torkoal enables Venu to be half decent. It's running a more defensive set, though I do enjoy Heat Wave's base damage more than burning jealousy.

Thanks for reading and stuff :psyglad:
Team I (i) garchompthebest369

hi everyone I wanted to share this dragapult terrakion team which I find very fun to use.
:ss/dragapult: :ss/terrakion: :ss/whimsicott: :ss/togekiss: :ss/weavile: :ss/heatran:
Here is the paste https://pokepast.es/accf0a916b0f7549

Now explaining why I decided to use these pokemon and explaining the move choices .

Dragapult :dragapult:
dragapult has been one of the best pokemon since its introduction this gen and that is because of its excellent speed and great attack stat and having one of the best abilities a physical attacker can ask for . Clear body also means its speed cannot be dropped be eleki ewebs which is so annoying for other sweepers . Max phantasm dropping defense makes it next attack even stronger and can help its partner too . Dragapult also helps in terrakions bad matchups like vs kingdra, venusaur , metagross etc . This ev spreads allows it to outspeed base 130s (by 2 instead of 1 so that it speed creeps other pokemon trying to do so) with max attack and the rest in bulk .The moveset is pretty standard with both stabs and max airsteam and beat up to proc justified on terrakion .

Terrakion :terrakion:
Terrakion has great offensive typing of fighting and rock , which are not resisted by most pokemon. After getting attack boosts from beat up it can one shot even dmaxed pokemon as it already has high base 129 attack .It also helps dragapult by beating glastrier and galar moltres . I decided to use white herb on it as it helps to get rid of defence drops from cc ,get to +4 instead of +3 despite being intimidated or getting rid of speed drops from eleki ewebs . I decided to use only stab moves with protect and helping hand as it will give me more options when I lead with dragapult terrakion.

Whimsicott :whimsicott:
whimsicott is so good as a support pokemon . It has so many useful moves like helping hand ,taunt ,charm , worry seed , encore ,fake tears, trickroom and tailwind . Prankster tailwind is so good this gen giving immediate speed control instead of waiting a turn . Allowing every pokemon on my team to outspeed regieleki (except heatran) is very useful and so is giving a 1.5 boost to attack / special attack to its partner even if my opponent uses fake out .I decided to use helping hand instead of beat up as I already have 2 beat users and boosting my other pokemona too is more useful.Whimsicott is also great vs both urishifus as it outspeeds and ohkos both of them with moonblast and resists their stab attacks (fun fact whimsicott has 81% chance to ohko gmax single strike urshifu with moonblast) . I have tr as the last move so that I can reverse it and taunt the redirector and then either ko the setter next turn or taunt it .

Togekiss :togekiss:
Togekiss is a really good pokemon as it can not only redirect ground ,fighting and dark attacks ,all of which can give my team trouble but also dmax and with the help of scope lens use stab max airsteam with a very high crit chance which can pick ups kos as togekiss has base 120 spattack amd use max Starfall to reset rillaboom's terrain and help dragapult vs opposing dragon types as they can have fini as their partner like in the case of garchomp and no longer take super effective damage from dragon attacks . It is very bulky in dmax especially on the special side as even without bulk investment spectrier has very little chance to 2hko it (around 6% ).With this ev spread it outspeeds regieleki in tw (with 2 points to speed creep others trying to do so ). Protecting terrakion from rillabooms stupid priority when it is about to sweep opponents team after getting attack boosts .

Weavile :weavile:
I wanted another beat up user on my team and then came accross this pokemon and was impressed with what it brought to the table . It has the fastest fake out in the game right now , can outspeed regieleki after getting a speed boost which not many pokemon can do ,has good support options in icy wind ,fake tears , screech and taunt and being an ice type helps deal vs Landorus and threatens garchomp both of which can give terrakion trouble. I decided to use icicle crash as the stab as triple axle seems unrealiable .Fake out ,taunt and beat up are the moves I use in addition to ice stab .Taunt helps prevent redirection and trickroom . Dragapult + weavile is a good offensive lead too as weavile has as much attack as dragapult and can take advantage of defence drops from max phantasm . I wish weavile got inner focus just like its pre evolution

Heatran :heatran:
I wanted the last pokemon to be able to beat celesteela , something which heatran is able to do . With goggles and togekiss redirecting max quakes it beats venusaur torkoal too .Walling hattereene and beating kartana and are other things my team appreciates. It is a good switch in to many attacks as it has 9 resistances and two immunities. Speed ivs allows it to outspeed modest celesteela and spattack ivs ensures ohko on venusaur in sun.

I hope you all enjoy using this team and best of luck to everyone in the team-building competition.
Team K by Evelyie

:dreepy: Airstream Rage - Dragapult S9 team :dreepy:
So, before making this team, I had some ideas:
  • :dragapult: Running 2 Dragon Type Pokémon, like Garchomp, Noivern, and even Zweilous!​
  • :tornadus: Using Max Airstream for main Speed Control, since Dragapult has insanely fast Max Airstream.​
  • :sableye: Weakness Policy Dragapult.​
  • :terrakion: No Terrakion. It's not innovative.​
  • :coalossal: No Coalossal. Coalossal sucks.​
So I started testing. I tested Bisharp with Sucker Punch, but it dealt too much damage, I tried out A-Ninetales, but it felt kinda bad and WettestTowelVGC already was using both, so that was also a no-go. I even tried Absol as a Justified Recipient with Sucker Punch, but it also did not work well. Untill I met Sableye. Sableye offered me Quash, this meaning my Dragapult's Max Airstreams always went first. It also has Shadow Sneak, so I could activate my Weakness Policy.
After deciding on my core, I had to start fixing my issues. Tapu Fini, Glastrier and Urshifu-Single were problems. I tried many things, a Sun composition with Charizard, or Zapdos + Fake Tears Grimmsnarl. Untill I tried Celesteela, and it fit really well, Airstream, good bulk and helped me with that Fantasy core. So I added Fini to close it. So, after adding those on, I was in need of a Ground Type to deal with the Steels that stopped the team and an Electric Resist, so I added Landorus Therian. It was, of course, another Airstreamer that could abuse Quash. Last but not least, I added Grimmsnarl, to offer support to Landorus, Fini and Celesteela overall. Here is the full team:

Diamonds on Drip (Sableye) (F) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Quash
- Shadow Sneak
- Fake Out
- Will-O-Wisp
Quash and Shadow Sneak is just standard stuff, Fake Out was good as a support move and Prankster Will-O-Wisp is broken. About the spread, I not gonna lie and was tired to make one, so I ran Max SpD to deal with Venusaur's Ooze and Fini's Muddy Water a little bit better.

Dreep Yeet (Dragapult) @ Weakness Policy
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Darts
- Phantom Force
- Fly
- Steel Wing
Here is the star of the team. I went for 4 moves because I wasn't feeling Protect was needeed. Steel Wing purpose is to maul some fairies that gave me problem and other Ice types. Also a normal spread.

Melon Musk (Celesteela) @ Power Herb
EVs: 100 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 148 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Air Slash
- Meteor Beam
- Protect
Here was the first "complicated" spread. I just wanted to make sure I could outspeed Urshifu-Single at +1, so that spread achieves that. Standard Power Herb set, really nice

Moana (Tapu Fini) @ Leftovers
EVs: 244 HP / 196 SpA / 68 Spe
Modest Nature
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Protect
Here is the Tapu Fini spread, I chose Leftovers instead Pinch Berry because I think it helps me more with end-game situations. Standard Calm Mind set.

#1 Hated Lion (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Fly
- Swords Dance
Here is the Landorus. Also a standard set. Airstream and Intimidate go brrr

Trick Eject Button (Grimmsnarl-Gmax) (M) @ Light Clay
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 SpD
Impish Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Taunt
- Spirit Break
Guess what? Standard set. I thought on running Fake Tears for Celesteela, but I just wanted more bulk overall. I chose a more physically defensive spread because I was worried with Glastrier and Kartana. Taunt was so my Trick Room matchup could be a little bit better. Also I ran G-MAX Grimmsnarl because it looks cooler.

This is the team! Hope you guys enjoy it :)
View attachment 342113View attachment 342114View attachment 342115
View attachment 342116View attachment 342117View attachment 342118
Team L by Helios of Sun

Stacking the Pult

Didn't submit a team last week, but here is one for this week. So since today we are dealing with a Pokemon that can go several different directions, I opted to build something that brings Dragapult out as a Sweeper rather than a Supporting Cast Mon.

Dragapult is a fun mon to work around, as it is a mon that has so many options that it can go by. From my days in S8, I can say that one of my favourite builds from the time is for sure the offensive Dragapult that was extremely popular after AuraRayquaza popularized it as a strong Pokemon to combo with Kyogre. So I wanted to try a Dragon Dance set that brought out Dragapult as the star Pokemon here, utilizing Dragon Dance to boost it's stats, then going ham on the enemy with it's powerful max moves. Thus, in the building of this team, I put in some elements to aid in Dragapult's sweep, and some others to cover it's weaknesses.

The teambuilding process ultimately flowed down to these points:
  1. Dragapult as the main sweeper of the team
  2. Stakataka to cover Dragapult's heavy Glastrier weakness
  3. Clefairy for Follow Me support, allowing Dragapult to set up Dragon Dance, or Stakataka Trick Room
  4. Rillaboom to cover water types for the Stakataka mode
  5. Rotom-Wash to aid matchup against Landorus / Mamoswine / Regirock, and for a Special Sweeper
  6. Urshifu-S as a strong combo mon with Dragapult & to aid in weakened Spectrier matchup

Now, let's talk the mons:

Dragapult:
Item: Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Darts
- Dragon Dance
- Phantom Force
- Fly

Something people may immediately notice is the fact that my Dragapult is Adamant Nature. And why is this so? There are a few calcs that I find rather useful for an Adamant Dragapult to have:

- 252+ Atk Life Orb Dragapult Helping Hand Max Wyrmwind vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Dynamax Thundurus: 300-355 (96.7 - 114.5%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
- 252+ Atk Life Orb Dragapult Helping Hand Max Phantasm vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Dynamax Metagross: 361-429 (96.5 - 114.7%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
- 252+ Atk Life Orb Dragapult Max Airstream vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Rillaboom: 221-260 (106.7 - 125.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
- 252+ Atk Life Orb Dragapult Helping Hand Max Wyrmwind vs. 252 HP / 124 Def Incineroar: 214-253 (105.9 - 125.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

So, as you can see from the top two calcs, the usage of Helping Hand allows Dragapult to often times secure big kills on the possible Dynamaxes of your opponents. For the bottom two calcs, these calcs just confirm kills. However, kill secures are particularly crucial when it comes to Dragapult, as it is a rather frail mon, meaning that it is particularly crucial that your kills are guaranteed. Adamant may give you a tougher matchup against Spectrier, however, you have other mons that is able to aid in the matchup.

Other than the Adamant Nature, the mon uses a general Dragon Dancing set, which is able to wreck house after getting +1 boost. Dragon-Flying-Ghost coverage is fantastic for Physical Attackers.

Stakataka:
Item: Shuca Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Lonely Nature
IVs: 17 Def / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- High Horsepower
- Rock Slide

Stakataka's role here is to be able to give the team an answer against some of Dragapult's primary weaknesses, being Ice or Fairy Type mons such as Glastrier and Hatterene. Being one of the slowest Trick Room mons in the metagame with a high amount of base attack, it is able to punch holes in enemy teams like Dragapult can, and is a very strong secondary max option against the right opponent.

Clefairy:
Item: Eviolite
Ability: Friend Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Helping Hand
- Follow Me
- Moonblast
- Protect

One of the backbones of the team and a mon that the team is unable to do as well without. Follow Me support is essential on this team. It allows you to set up a Dragon Dance on your Dragapult or Trick Room on Stakataka, which allows these two Pokemon to begin the sweep. It also has Helping Hand to support your sweepers, which can be used to get a quick kill to begin a sweep.

Rillaboom:
Item: Miracle Seed
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 36 SpD / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Grassy Glide
- Wood Hammer
- Protect

Rillaboom is a fantastic mon to support the team, helping fill in for the team's weakness to Tapu Fini, or other bulky water types in general. Due to the more offensive nature of the team, Miracle Seed Rillaboom complements that well and helps to fill in some gaps that may be present without it.

Rotom-Wash:
Item: Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 236 HP / 52 Def / 140 SpA / 20 SpD / 60 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Protect

Rotom-Wash is our primary matchup for the ever popular Celesteela matchup. So why not Rotom-Heat? This is because Rotom-Heat doesn't really beat GrimmCele as Grimmsnarl just tricks you a Lagging Tail and you die to Fake Tears Max Rockfall after. This in my opinion, makes Rotom-Wash a mon that deals with Celesteela a mon that deals with that matchup more easily, as you don't die to Fake Tears Max Rockfall, and can hit back with a Powerful Max Lightning after.

Urshifu-S:
Item: Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Wicked Blow
- Close Combat
- Sucker Punch
- Protect

Urshifu-S is a great filler Pokemon. It helps the team take KOs with Wicked Blows, and aids Dragapult in certain matchups that it may have trouble with, such as with Spectrier. With the defense drops that come from Max Phantasm, Urshifu is a mon that can take heavy advantage of that, taking KOs on very bulky Pokemon.

All in all, this team was a fun one to build, and hope you all like it!

Final Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/c60e6d7f27ad9f92
Team M by AaPokemon

Teambuilding competetion Week 5 - Dragapult Cobalion (pokepast.es)

Team concept: For this week I wanted to build around Dragapult Cobalion, with an alternative mode to cover it's weaknesses. The reason why I chose this archetype specifically is because I think it's an overlooked option as most people focus on Terrakion. The difference of TerraPult and CobaPult is that CobaPult is reliant on Beat Up therefore needs another team mode for when you encounter a redirector that isn't Amoonguss. What Cobalion has over Terrakion, is better defensive typing and bulk. With Assault Vest and Dynamax, it's actually really hard to knock out and can stay there for a while. AldrichYan, one of the best Dragapult Cobalion players said that sun and trick room teams were his team's hardest matchups, so this team's alternative mode is meant to beat sun teams while having options to stop opponents Trick Room as well.

Dragapult @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 236 HP / 4 Atk / 28 Def / 76 SpD / 164 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Breaking Swipe
- Will-O-Wisp
- Ally Switch
- Beat Up

Support Dragapult is a must have for any Cobalion team. With it's Fake Out immunity, great support options and Beat Up it's the best support Cobalion can have in this format. I use Safety Goggles to ignore Amoonguss's Rage Powder to get a Beat Up off. This way I get the most consistency out of the Cobalion mode of the team. I run both Will-O-Wisp and Breaking Swipe so that way I can lower attack stat of things like Urshifu without going down to a banded Sucker Punch. Breaking Swipe on the other hand can be used to lower the attack of Pokemon like Landorus-T without risking it being Lum Berry. Ally Switch has great synergy with Cobalion's typing allowing me to avoid Dragapult getting hit by a dark type move and Cobalion from being hit by a fighting type move. The EV spread is Wolfey's and I don't know what it does.

Cobalion @ Assault Vest
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Stone Edge
- Bounce

Cobalion is the star of the team. It's bulk allows it to take hits way better than Terrakion due to it's typing and access to STAB max Steekspike as well a great defence stat. I run Assault Vest because otherwise Cobalion would be pretty frail on the special side. Also being able to use 4 attacks without the opportunity cost of not running Protect is great. Cobalion can sweep games on it's own if you get the beat up off. In Dynamax form, it basically never goes down.

Zapdos @ Life Orb
Ability: Static
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Hurricane
- Detect

I chose Zapdos for the secondary mode of this team because it beats sun and is a very bulky and powerful Max Airstream user. Base 100 speed is an important speed tier as it allows Zapdos to outspeed Urshifu. I run Life Orb Zapdos to get the most out of it's power. Safety Goggles could be good too, but Dragapult needs them more and the power difference of Life Orb can actually be a big deal on a hyper offense team like this. Overall, Zapdos is great on its own so it's fits on this team nicely.

Garchomp @ White Herb
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Rock Slide
- Stomping Tantrum
- Protect

For the 4th mon, I wanted something that beats Regieleki due to the increasing amount of Life Orb Dynamax Regieleki teams in the format. I think every hyper offense team needs an Eleki resist. I chose Garchomp over Lando because of it's higher speed and better moveset outside of Dynamax. The only thing on my team that is immune to Earthquake is Zapdos. Also the only Protect users on my team are Zapdos and Garchomp itself so I didn't want to hit my teams other members with my only Ground move. For this team, I chose to run an offensive set with White Herb rather than a bulky Weakness Policy set like last week. This is because on this Garchomp doesn't really have nearly as many opportunities to set up Swords Dance. White Herb is useful for resetting Intimidate and some other stat drops especially since I don't have Swords Dance on this Chomp.

Whimsicott @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Tailwind
- Trick Room
- Helping Hand

I wanted to have a Tailwind setter on this team, and Whimsicott does this arguably better than any other Pokemon. It has great support moves and is a crucial component of many hyper offense teams. I feel that this team needs a Tailwind setter because if hyper offense gets outpaced by the opposing team, things can go very badly for the hyper offense player. I chose to run Trick Room on Whimsicott to reset opposing Trick Room and also to set it up vs faster teams. This team can really struggle under Trick Room, so that's why I need to stop it from going off. I run Helping Hand as the last move so to avoid Fake Out and to support this teams many offensive mons. Since most of this team's Pokemon are physical, Helping Hand is better for general support than Fake Tears. It also comes into play against Porygon2 Incineroar leads; Turn 1 I can Helping Hand to avoid opponents Fake Out and go for Choice Banded Close Combat with Urshifu to ko Porygon2.

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike-Gmax @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- Aqua Jet
- Poison Jab

Speaking of Urshifu, it's this teams last Pokemon. For the last slot I wanted something that beats Landorus and Dark Type Urshifu while also resisting Ice to cover for this teams quadruple Ice weakness. Urshifu is a very good late game option especially against something like Glastrier that it can OHKO with Banded Close Combat when Glastrier's Dynamax is over. I chose to run Banded instead of Sash because Sash was already on Whimsicott and because with Choice Band, Helping Hand Close Combat ko's many Porygon2's. Overall, Urshifu is one of the best late game Pokemon with it's high damage, ability to go through Protect and crit through Intimidate.

Team N by I'mKindaTrashTho

Introducing: Tax Evasion! (https://pokepast.es/ac6e7cd001adfc25)
This team uses Beat up to boost Terrakion and Dragapult. Using offensive Pult really letsWithout redirection, it's hard to stop either of these mons from setting up, maxing, and destroying the opponent's whole team. White Herb is on Terrakion not only to help against Intimidate or Charm, but also so that it can get off a free Close Combat without the defense drops. Articuno is the star of the team. It can be used as a Tailwind setter, and it also has a 100% hit-rate STAB Blizzard in Hail, which does insane damage, especially since a lot of the meta (All the Dragons, Lando-T, Thundurus, Moltres-G, Zapdos, Togekiss and more) is weak to Ice. Vanilluxe's Hail also combines with Articuno to make it far more evasive, which gives it more longevity, and gets it out of tough situations. Rock Slide is a problem for it, but it doesn't matter when it has 55% accuracy against Articuno! Xurkitree is one of my favorites on this team. I was originally going to use Porygon-Z, but Xurkitree provided great coverage, as well as not being weak to Fighting. Xurk can either be lead and be a Max option that can snowball with Beast Boost, or come in late and be used to clean up. It can even be used as a secondary form of damage reduction with Eerie Impulse. Given that this is partially a Hail team, most opponents opt not to bring Lando-T or Garchomp, which means Xurk doesn't have to worry about Ground attacks nearly as much as much. Dragapult is also great, being able to nuke things like Metagross for super-effective damage. I decided to go with an Adamant nature in order for Vanilluxe to outspeed it and activate WP with Beat Up. Overall, this team is amazingly fun, and it has synergy for almost any core in the game.

Ice Cream (Vanilluxe) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 4 HP / 0 Atk / 0 Def / 252 SpA / 0 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 31 HP / 0 Atk / 31 Def / 31 SpA / 31 SpD / 31 Spe
- Blizzard
- Sheer Cold
- Freeze-Dry
- Beat Up

Terrakion @ White Herb
EVs: 0 HP / 252 Atk / 0 Def / 0 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat
- Protect
- Taunt

Tax (Articuno) @ Bright Powder
Ability: Snow Cloak
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Air Slash
- Tailwind
- Ancient Power

Incineroar @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 Hp / 0 Atk / 116 Def / 0 SpA / 140 SpD / 0 Spe
Careful Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Fake Out
- Parting Shot
- Protect

GG WP (Dragapult) @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / O Def / 0 SpA / 0 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Breaking Swipe
- Phantom Force
- Fly
- Protect

The IRS (Xurkitree) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Eerie Impulse
- Protect

EDIT: Man Beat Up is really good (https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8vgc2021series9-1344399430)
Team O by Chrome8

:SS/dragapult::SS/grimmsnarl::SS/Volcarona::SS/indeedee::SS/urshifu rapid strike::SS/tapu koko:
This team is based around Weakness Policy Dragapult. Although apparently everybody is using WP Pult, so I guess I’m not unique anymore.:psycry:
Anyways here’s my team for Week 5
Team:https://pokepast.es/727234484c428523
Breakdown:
:dragapult::Weakness policy:
I chose Weakness Policy Dragapult because of its excellent speed, decent bulk, and its uniqueness. Pult also has Clear Body, which keeps its stats from being lowered. This helps against Intimidate and speed lowering moves like Electroweb. I went with Dragon Darts, Phantom Force, Fly, and Protect for my moveset. Fly gives Pult Airstream, which gives the team speed control. Protect allows me to stall out opposing dynamax and trick room. My Speed EVs allow me to outspeed base 130s like Spectrier. My defensive EVs allow me to survive opposing LO Pult Phantasm/Wyrmwind, it also survives Timid LO Kingdra Wyrmwind. I will post more calcs at the end.
:grimmsnarl::Light clay:
Standard dual screens Grimm. Grimmsnarl provides screens for Pult while also being able to activte policy if necessary. Sucker Punch allows me to activate my own Weakness Policy if necessary. In most cases, opposing mons already have moves that hit supereffective on Pult but it is nice to have. Sucker Punch is also a nice attacking move to finish off low HP mons. The Speed EVs allow me to outspeed base 100s at +2. The defensive EVs allow me to take a Close Combat from Choice Band Urshifu and a Moonblast from max SpAtk Tapu Fini.
:Volcarona::Focus sash:
A second supportive mon to protect Dragapult. Volcarona was chosen because it resists fairy and because it is a more offensive supportive mon with the moves Heat Wave, Struggle Bug, Rage Powder, and Will-O-Wisp. It also helps the Ferrothorn matchup. Struggle Bug allows Volcarona to weaken special attackers like Galarian Moltres without being stifled by redirection. Rage Powder is an added layer of protection, as it can redirect strong moves from mons that are either too fast or too strong for teammates to handle. Will-O-Wisp allows Volcarona to cripple physical attackers like Glastrier, Landorus, and Thundurus. Focus Sash ensures that Volcarona will be able to weaken an opposing mon before it goes down. Sash also allows Volc to check Kartana.
:Indeedee::Safety Goggles:
Indeedee-M was chosen because it was an Imprison Trick Room user that did not require sash. Indeedee-M also provides Psychic Terrain, which prevents priority moves like Sucker Punch from hitting. The moveset is fairly standard, with the moves being Expanding Force, Dazzling Gleam, and Imprison TR. Dazzling Gleam hits the Dark types that are immune to Expanding Force like Urshifu and Grimmsnarl. Imprison Trick Room allows me to stop Trick Room while ignoring redirection. My item choice of safety goggles allows Indeedee to reliably check Venusaur, with my EV spread allowing me to survive a Vine Lash from Timid LO Venusaur. Indeedee is able to reliably check sun, it hits most members of sun teams for good damage and stops Trick Room from going up.
:Urshifu::Choice band:
I put Urshifu-Rapid-Strike on this team to deal with mons like Landorus and Porygon2 while providing a sturdier Ice resist. Urshifu also does well against Incineroar and can check Coalossal. I went with a Choice Band for my item, which allows Urshifu to score an OHKO on most Landorus and OHKO Landorus most of the time. For my moveset I went with Surging Strikes, Close Combat, Aqua Jet, and Poison Jab. Surging Strikes always crits which allows Urshifu to ignore attack drops, defense boosts, and screens. Aqua Jet is on this set to pick off targets with low HP or defense drops, especially Coalossal. Poison Jab hits Tapu Fini if needed. Urshifu is a great late game cleaner if the opponent’s dynamax is off the board, while also being a good early game offensive threat by utilizing defense drops and speed boosts from Dragapult.
:Tapu Koko::Life Orb:
Tapu Koko can check water types while also being able to check mons like Urshifu-Single-Strike and Galarian Moltres. It can also change terrain to stop Grassy Glide from being priority. For my moveset, I went with a pretty standard moveset of Thunderbolt, Dazzling Gleam, Taunt, and Protect. The only standout move is Taunt, Taunt is a great move that can stop strategies like Trick Room, Dual Screens, and lategame stall strats. Taunt can check Porygon2 and Grimmsnarl strategies. I went with Life Orb for my item for greater damage output and the ability to OHKO Fini in terrain.
Roles:
Dragapult is the only max target, you could max Urshifu or Tapu Koko against certain teams but you max Pult almost every time. Urshifu and Tapu Koko are the late game cleaners, they are brought in the back most of the time. Tapu Koko is also brought in the back so you can change terrain if you have to. Indeedee checks sun and Trick Room teams, usually as a lead. Volcarona and Grimmsnarl support Dragapult by reducing damage on lead. Volcarona can also be an offensive late game cleaner with Heat Wave.
Modes:
My favorite mode is Pult Volc on lead, with Urshifu and Tapu Koko in the back. You can usually KO something before Volcarona goes down, allowing Urshifu or Tapu Koko to come in for free. Against sun, I bring Pult Indeedee on lead with Urshifu and Volcarona in the back. Indeedee is able to stop Trick Room and deal heavy damage to Venusaur without being put to sleep. Volcarona is also able to do well against sun, but fears being put to sleep so I don't like leading it against sun. Against hyper offense, I usually lead Pult Grimm. I prefer to bring Urshifu and Tapu Koko in the back against hyper offense, but Volcarona can also do well depending on the matchups. You can also mix up the normal mode by leading one of the late game cleaners with Pult or leading both if they aren't severely threatened. For example, I like leading Urshifu Tapu Koko against P2 Grimm teams because they usually have moms that are slower, and Taunt from Tapu Koko can stop Trick Room.
Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8vgc2021series9-1344408156
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8vgc2021series9-1344404175
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8vgc2021series9-1344400961
Dragapult Calcs:
252 Atk Life Orb Dragapult Max Phantasm (130 BP) vs. 148 HP / 92 Def Dynamax Dragapult: 307-361 (84.3 - 99.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Glastrier Max Hailstorm (130 BP) vs. 148 HP / 92 Def Dynamax Dragapult: 296-350 (81.3 - 96.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Urshifu-Single Strike Wicked Blow vs. 148 HP / 92 Def Dynamax Dragapult on a critical hit: 230-272 (63.1 - 74.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Kingdra Max Wyrmwind (140 BP) vs. 148 HP / 28 SpD Dynamax Dragapult: 307-361 (84.3 - 99.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Spectrier Max Phantasm (130 BP) vs. 148 HP / 28 SpD Dynamax Dragapult through Light Screen: 251-298 (68.9 - 81.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Moltres-Galar Max Darkness (130 BP) vs. 148 HP / 28 SpD Dynamax Dragapult: 248-294 (68.1 - 80.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Grimmsnarl Calcs:
252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 132+ Def Grimmsnarl: 165-195 (81.6 - 96.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Tapu Fini Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 92 SpD Grimmsnarl: 162-192 (80.1 - 95%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Indeedee Calc:
252 SpA Life Orb Venusaur Max Overgrowth (140 BP) vs. 92 HP / 92 SpD Indeedee-M: 122-146 (82.9 - 99.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Urshifu Calcs:
252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu-Rapid Strike Surging Strikes (3 hits) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Dynamax Landorus-T on a critical hit: 324-384 (98.1 - 116.3%) -- approx. 93.8% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu-Rapid Strike Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 124 Def Eviolite Porygon2: 198-234 (103.1 - 121.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Against Coalossal:
252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu-Rapid Strike Aqua Jet vs. -1 52 HP / 28 Def Dynamax Coalossal: 264-312 (68.7 - 81.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
If Dragapult Procs:(0- SpA Dragapult Surf vs. 52 HP / 4 SpD Dynamax Coalossal: 88-104 (22.9 - 27%) -- 30.3% chance to 4HKO)
If Urshifu Procs:(252 Atk Urshifu-Rapid Strike Aqua Jet vs. 52 HP / 28 Def Dynamax Coalossal: 120-144 (31.2 - 37.5%) -- 67.6% chance to 3HKO)
Team P by Microwave Raccoon

:dragapult::blastoise::indeedee-f::rotom-heat::registeel::rillaboom:
https://pokepast.es/727496c01f845f97
THE TORTOISE AND THE DRAGAPULT

This team is based around Dragapult and Blastoise. Both can set up with follow me support from Indeedee with dragon dance and shell smash respectively. These setup strategies tend to be weak to spread moves, but Dragapult has the option of boosting Blastoise's speed with max airstream and letting it get off a powerful life orb water spout. The two have a very powerful stab combination that covers for most relevant mons in the format, and hits everything for at least neutral damage.

:ss/dragapult:
Dragapult is the primary max candidate of the team, it does pretty passable damage on its own but can become significantly more threatening with one or two dragon dances. It can also be provide speed control in the form of max airstream which helps out Blastoise and Rotom-heat. It has safety goggles to help against Venusaur and Amoonguss

:ss/blastoise:
Blastoise acts as both a cleaner with water spout and a sweeper with shell smash. Blastoise is also a very good late game max mon, doing good damage in combination with chip from its gmax move. It can also lead next to Dragapult and just spam water spout with airstream support. Life orb to maximize water spout damage and for dynamax.

:ss/indeedee-f:
Indeedee allows Blastoise, Pult and Rotom to set up and sweep, psychic terrain also overwrites opposing Rillaboom grassy terrain for Blastoise.Focus sash ensures Indeedee will survive 2 attacks to prevent double ups.

:ss/rotom-heat:
Rotom-Heat is primarily there to cover for steel types, but can also check Glastrier and Tapu Fini in a pinch. Benefits from Indeedee redirection support. Sitrus berry allows Rotom to set up more consistently without support or in the face or spread moves, leaving it with more HP to abuse dynamax with.

:ss/registeel:
Registeel provides useful resists to ice and rock, giving the team more flexibility outside of leads. Besides that it functions as a late game win con with iron press and amnesia. It also appreciates Dragapult and Indeedee being able to take out ghost types that would otherwise be immune to body press.

:ss/Rillaboom:
Rillaboom is the team's main check to Tapu Fini and Rotom-Wash, hitting them for super effective with its strong grass stab. Miracle seed gives it access to fake out for things like Urshifu while also boosting its power with grass moves. This makes Rillaboom a great late-game cleaner with grassy glide spam that can capitalize on defense drops from Dragapult's max phantasm.
Team Q by pLOpy13

The Child Yeeter + The Berry Eater!
A Team Building Report
View attachment 342316View attachment 342315:snorlax: :indeedee-f: :dragapult: :urshifu: :Tapu fini: :Tapu koko:
Team Paste: https://pokepast.es/24d0b4fc02bb1d7b
Team Creators: Plopy14, Poogang,

I didn't submit a team last week because I wasn't that interested in the mon but this week we got a banger team for you guys I hope you enjoy.
:ss/dreepy: :ss/dragapult: :ss/dreepy:
:Life orb:
Dragapult with its Dragon and ghost typing is a really offensive threat in the format with it being faster than 99% of the format. Dragapult being physical and a ghost type it takes full advantage of Max Phantasm. Dragapult also gets access to fly which gives it Max Airstream and with +1 speed can outspeed many things even if they are +2. Dragapult is a very offensive wallbreaker and has the ability to also negate oppenents physical damage with Max Wyrmwind. I didnt really think that Weakness Policy Dragapult had enough Offensive without having to set up so I went with Lifeorb. Infiltrator can be useful but i feel like clear body is the more superior set for offensive Dragapult because it stops intimidate and speed drops. With Indeedee-f support I just went 252 252 jolly so that i can get as much offensive pressure as possible. Dragon darts is a cool tech that can really put offensive pressure on opponents because if you protect then both my attacks are going into the one that didnt protect and this can be really helpful.

Dragapult @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Darts
- Fly
- Phantom Force
- Protect
:ss/Indeedee-f:
:safety goggles:
Indeedee-f is one or the best re-directors in the format right now with its ability bringing out the psychic terrain to stop fake out for its partner and being a psychic and normal type its weak to only 2 things Bug and Dark. With its ghost immunity it makes it a great partner for Dragapult so opposing threats cant hit you with ghost moves and makes it a great counter to spectrier as spectrier cant hit it very effectively. With Ef it hits things for big damage even without having any investment. Helping hand can boost Dragapults attacking sky high and allow dragapult to pick up Ohko's where it usually would be a 2hko. Max defense allows Indeedee-f to live non banded urshifu wicked blow which can come in very handy. 29 speed ev's allow it to live magnet Electroball from regieleki and still get its terrain up against most rillaboom. Safety goggles was chosen over sash because sash was taken by a later mon. But safety goggles allows for me to stop sun with pult as they cant go for sleep powder while indeedee-f is sitting there.

Indeedee-F (F) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 29 Spe
- Follow Me
- Helping Hand
- Expanding Force
- Protect
:ss/snorlax:
:Figy berry:
Snorlax! My favorite mon and a great ghost type counter. With indeedee-f's support with follow me it can set up bellydrum and sweep. Its naturally high special defense and high Hp stats allow for it to be a very tanky special wall. Body slam is a overall good normal type stab with no drawbacks since Snorlax was nerfed and frustration/return were removed from its move set. Snorlax has the ability to destroy someones whole team after it sets up picking up ohko's where-ever it goes. Iron head is another great support coverage as it raises Snorlax's defense stat because Snorlax doesn't appreciate taking physical hits. Fire punch is to deal with Celesteela because Celesteela wins the 1v1 against Snorlax always without Snorlax being able to hit it super effectively so I use fire punch to deal with that. The 1 speed Iv in snorlax is to hit 32 speed so that I am able to outspeed min speed Glastrier outside of trick room. It also allows me to ensure I set up belly drum before Amoonguss Moves.

Snorlax-Gmax @ Figy Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 100 HP / 60 Atk / 180 Def / 164 SpD / 4 Spe
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 SpA / 1 Spe
- Body Slam
- Belly Drum
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch

:ss/urshifu:
:Choice band:
Urshifu is a great late game sweeper and with choice band it can completely destroy things in one shot. Wicked blow is the best dark move to date because of the fact that it always crits. Close combat is a great fighting type stab that can do great amounts of damage. Suckerpunch is a great secondary dark stab that can help late game to hit things before they move. I added poison jab because it hits fairy types that threaten Urshifu, I run adamant because with Tapu koko's electroweb and Dragapult's Airstream it can boost its speed and the extra damage can really be beneficial.

Urshifu-Gmax @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Wicked Blow
- Sucker Punch
- Close Combat
- Poison Jab

:ss/tapu koko:
:focus sash:

Tapu koko is one of the few fairy types that are faster than urshifu in the format currently and since urshifu threatens everything else on the team besides tapu fini. tapu koko was a good adition in the fact that it helps with its fast dazzling gleam and with electro-web it helps give speed drops so that urshifu can come in the back and deal big damage. The electric typing helps deal with threats like celesteela and overall is a good mon to help support. sash is there because many things in the format Ohko tapu koko so the sash is there to enable it lives at least 2 turns if possible. The Reason for Telepathy is mainly because I already have 2 terrains that are way more beneficial to me than electric terrain so I chose to put telepathy.

Tapu Koko @ Focus Sash
Ability: Telepathy
EVs: 4 HP / 4 Def / 244 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunderbolt
- Electroweb
- Protect
:ss/Tapu fini:
:Choice specs:
Tapu Fini again is another fairy type so it helps with Urshifu. The choice specs are there to ensure it does a lot to regirock with scald if not in lightscreen and 3hko Regirock in Max. Specs are also there so that Airstream + Ice beam kills thundurus as my spread allows tapu fini to outspeed thundurus at +1. Muddy water is just so innaccurate so I chose to run dazzling gleam as a secondary fairy type move incase it would be better for certain situations. Really tapu fini is mainly there to stop burns and be another fairy type.

Tapu Fini @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 132 SpA / 4 SpD / 116 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Scald
- Dazzling Gleam
- Ice Beam

Thank you guys so much for reading my post it was a lot of fun making this team its very hyper offense button clicky but that can be fun. I hope you guys enjoyed if you did make sure to leave a like and or comment so I get advice on what to do next!
Team R by ToastNoButter

https://pokepast.es/f1000e1bf6298e2e
So as per usual, I am here to deliver my team at the last minute with a short description of what the concept is. Dragapult has a weakness policy and Sableye can activate it, as well as providing speed control with prankster quash and trick full incense. Now, Mandibuzz? It's been mentioned in the VGC chat a few times, and Moxie Boosted recently made a couple vids with it. I wanted to dismiss the idea, but it kept coming up in my head, and it patched up some issues with the team pretty nicely. It gave me speed control outside of Sableye and Dynamax, a way to stall out the maxes of things such as Spectrier and Moltres-g, which could be annoying with redirection support, and an easier sun matchup. Thanks for taking the time to look at the team!
You will be voting for a max of 9 teams and a minimum of 5. Gl to everybody

C P D K B M L I A

C i like dragapult mienshao and mamoswine seems like very solid synergy

P I like Turtles. Overall looks solid i think the registeel is a very interesting pick there.

D I really like the Marowack-a + Gapdos here. Stakataka deals with alot of dragapults issues.

K I like the sableye+grimm here with the fini and steela looks very solid overall.

B The team be
Mashing.gif

M Cobalion haven't touched it this series but looks solid.

L Simply looks like a solid team not much else to say.

I That is a weavile pog

A that is a throh...
/SPOILER]

Q O P G C B N L C B

Wanted to do some comments on the teams overall;

First thing, I think when people say "build around X" this means using X as the main star of the team if you get me, and in my opinion, Beat Up teams don't give Dragapult the spotlight other teams gave to it. Second, I really liked how good part of the teams played around a Fantsasy-Core composition and this definetly makes the teams more solid. Third, I like how some niche Pokémon were used, such as Tapu Koko, that appeared twice, Volcarona, Registeel etc.

B > i > P > L > R

B - Nice simple HO team, easy to plug and play and does good work.
i - Best of the Beat Up teams IMO
P - Very nice to see Volcarona and Tapu Koko getting love
L - Washtom + Rillaboom is a great core
R - Again, so nice to see people using underrated stuff, Mandibuzz is very good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)