VGC Vgc for the Chape

#ForçaChape

Hi everyone of the community!

The idea of this team came in a very similar battle that I played in Ratting Battles. After the battle, I decided to adapt my team to fit better and that's how I started the structure of what will be listed here. The objective was to bring together a good synergy with the fundamental elements of this new VGC format. Take a look down at the team.

The Team

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Ability: Electric Surge
Level: 50
EVs: 248 SpA / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Protect

One of the keys to this VGC is the terrain carried by the four Tapus. Tapu Koko is one of the best of the metagame, its terrain prevents my Pokémon from being affected by Spore, Sleep Powder and other forms of induction "sleep". In addition, it increases the power of electric strokes, which offsets your Sp.Atk that is not as big as your physical side. Dazzling Gleam is stab and next to the Life Orb bonus can deal enough damage to the opponent's Pokémon. Thunderbolt is the main attack, used for KO on many Pokémon. Hidden Power (Ground) of the account of Marowak, Magneton, Xurkitree and Togedemaru, very present in the goal. Protect is never a lost slot and serves to discover the opponent's moveset and make the best decisions in the match.

Arcanine @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Snarl
- Morning Sun
- Flamethrower
- Protect

Every VGC team must carry their Pokémon with Intimidate. Arcanine enters here to control the field. Intimidate cuts opponents' attack while snarl deals damage and controls the opponent's special side. Morning Sun and Sitrus Berry care that he survives longer and flamethrower is his form of attack in the team's aid.

Milotic @ Shell Bell
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Recover

Milotic is a Pokémon that knows how to take advantage of the opponent's "Intimidate" ability. Its "Competitive" ability increases Milotic's Sp Atk when another stat is lowered by the opponnent's Pokémon ability. With that in mind Milotic can be a godess on the battlefield., that next to its base stats makes it a true goddess. Scald is the main move, which can still give burn and help in field control. Ice Beam is for coverage, and takes care of Tapu Bulu, Garchomp and Kommo-o, for example. Hidden Power (Grass) is for Gastrodon and other Water Pokémon. Recover is what keeps her on the field until the end of the battle.

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 244 HP / 12 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Substitute

This UB is very strong due to its typing and its stats base. I still find it a bit confusing how to get the most out of it, but it follows an analysis of your role in the team. To begin with he already tanka Garchomp, Mudsdale and other ground-type Pokémon. Heavy Slam from OHKO in the vast majority of Tapu and other fairies without favorable typing. Leech Seed helps in field control and strength exchanges, as well as restore the HP of this Wall Pokémon. Substitute and Protect lead to protection from attacks and induction, further elevating this Pokémon
resistance.

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Shadow Bone
- Bonemerang
- Flamethrower
- Protect

I use this Pokémon when I see that the opponent has electric spam, tapu koko, Magnezone and Xurkitree, for example. The investment in Sp.Def makes him well resilient, enduring Tapu Lele's Shadow Ball. Shadow Bone is aggressive and together with Thick Club to maximize the attack does a lot of damage! Bonemerang, though not stab, manages to deal enough damage and take care of some threats, such as Muk. Flamethorwer takes advantage of the bonus received by the abillity (when it is attacked by electric stroke) and attacks with stab. Protect guarantees coverage. Alongside Celesteela, Marowak plays very well against opponents using Trick Room.

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Poison Jab
- Protect

This is the physical striker of the team, and has a very great synergy with Celesteela. Earthquake is his main move, which with Stab and his high atk, manages to deal a lot of damage.. Dragon Claw is counter of other dragons, in addition to hitting strong when Earthquake is not an option. Poison Jab is for tapus and other fairies. Protect ensures coverage against unwanted attacks. Focus Sash is here so that Garchomp can handle a blow that would knock him out and attack again, almost always acting as revenge killer

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

A battle with the team
CONCLUSION

First, I want to thank everyone in some way who helped me with this RMT and also leave a special hug for all my friends in the CPS clan.

Well, even though the metagame is not yet fully established, I've played a lot and so far I've enjoyed how this team can succeed in different situations. . It would be very helpful to hear your opinion on what I can improve on this team.

Again, thank you to the clan, PokeStars. I want to leave a hug for the PokeEvo people, to all Brazilians, and to register here the mourning for the tragedy in Colombia. #ForçaChape

Thanks to everyone Who has viewed this. and if they can give an opinion and help improve this team, I would be greateful

Obrigado #Pokegamers #brasilpokemon

I apologize for any English mistakes. English is not my native Language

Obrigado RobsonMoody, skylover, obrigado tati <3 pela força, valeu amigos <33

Last edited:
Your english is as solid as this team. However, +1 0 SpA Marowak-Alola Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Torkoal: 29-35 (20 - 24.1%) -- guaranteed 5HKO
Torkoal is just an example, it has incredible physical bulk and crap special bulk, but if we take a look at flare blitz's damage output on the same mon, 4 Atk Thick Club Marowak-Alola Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Torkoal: 42-51 (28.9 - 35.1%) -- 10.8% chance to 3HKO
Essentially, you will need a few boosts to make use of lightning rod so I would just use flare blitz. Otherwise a very good team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)