Tournament UUFPL - Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
While there were a couple of hiccups in this tour, it was a very enjoyable experience for me. I'm glad the UU Community took the suggestion of testing out RBY UU in this tour, and I hope you consider it again. I don't regret making that post in the format discussion thread at all. Of course, I know many will have their vocal opinions on the tier, but I have something cooking up that may just give you the chance to make use of that after this tournament concludes. Stay tuned, this tier's future is looking bright. I'm also happy to have seen some UUers go from hating the tier to going "hey it's alright actually".

I couldn't have asked for better competition in this tour if I tried, bar having Sevi 7 and Volk around, but that's allowed some unique players to shine. The RBY players were just stacked all around and seeing AM, in particular, do as well as he did was very interesting. I love seeing dark horses surprise people in tournaments, and seeing him go from "haha free newgenner" to "solid player" within weeks was just the success story I wanted to see. Working with Shellnuts was some of the most eye-opening stuff I've had in a long time, though I absolutely could have done better for him in return. I'd also like to say faded love was a fun manager to be around and I hope to interact more in the future.

For those with further interest in RBY UU that want to get some friendlies in, most of the playerbase resides in the RBY Community Discord. I strongly encourage giving it a shot if you're still unsure, it's a very fun tier despite the initial learning curve. Definitely "unnatural", but in the best way. I'd love to try and see an overlap develop between the UU and RBY Community, you guys are a riot.

Good luck to Lusch, pacattacc, Reeece, SBPC, and AM in the playoffs. I want to see some good shit from you lot!

justdrew

beauty in the struggle
is an official Team Rateris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
I have won gg

Lombres, we may have lost but... at least I get to make a shoutout post for likes :toast:

Shoutouts:

Yami thanks for drafting me. This tour was a lot of fun and you're a legend.

EternalSnowman screw the haters, you're goated. You are a really thoughtful and focused player and you will be drafted next UUPL mark my words.

A Hero's Destiny bt! Picking you up end of draft hurt my soul. You are easily worth 15k in the first 20 picks and certainly played like it. I hope we team again soon.

Lyss you played ORAS like I've never seen before and proved yourself to be the best in the pool. Congrats and good luck in future tournaments.

Pannuracotta you're, in fact, not bad at the game.

Draphirion the large brain community has granted you big brain status for your epic performance.

lily you're a very great tier leader. Way better than Carson frankly. Wasn't the most epic tournament to pop off in but I'm glad we got on the same team.

phoopes you're undeniably the best RBY player I do not care what anyone says.

BigFatMantis thanks for making this tour epic. Even though we got righteously pounded by the opposition I had a blast!

I'm still going to be covering the tournament in recaps so don't get sad.

Last edited:

Diophantine

Banned deucer.
Didn't really talk much in the server besides responding to faded love begging me to prep/test/schedule with "trust me I know what I'm doing" lol. You made the right decision correcting your drafting mistake by trading Cherry and putting me in GSC instead of DPP. I probably wouldn't have had the run that I did if I stayed in DPP lol. I had fun in this tournament, and while I didn't really talk much due to being pretty busy irl, I did enjoy the team atmosphere nonetheless. I was actually starting to dislike mons, but playing here and doing well for a team has made me enjoy it again (or at least GSC UU lol).

Like I said, I didn't talk much in the server, but I did particularly appreciate Shellnuts and Plague von Karma's presence, and yes even you, faded. UUFPL is about helping the new players, and while I guess I didn't really do that, you guys made sure to. Hey, at least I didn't stall and put people off GSC UU for life!

But above everything else, I wanted to thank BigFatMantis, as I am sure every other participant would like to. I've not seen someone put this amount of effort into an unofficial tournament, and it was really nice to read all the write-ups you did. I hope more people like you pop up. Keep doing what you're doing.

spatula

I LOVE CHIPFLAVOUR
is a Tiering Contributor
Idk where else to post this - no formal shoutout post but it was a fun time even though our team is out. Thanks to all my teammates for being so supportive, and it was really fun to be able to build and play in a new metagame (for me). If theres one person I gotta shoutout it's BigFatMantis cause this guy worked overtime to make sure everything in this tournament ran smoothly. Thanks for the awesome experience!

Ok now that we are ofc out of Poffs ig I'll do the shoutouts cuz the hippos are full of legends

Estarossa ty for drafting me even tho dirty somalia raised me 100x more than I am and was worth

Codename Magnum By far one of the best teammates I've seen always supporting and doing the best you could each and every week.

Highways ty for going into adv and being an absolute monster in it and for supporting absymal

gorex (goatrex) ty for motivating me irl and spamming psy terrain

ausma still not sold on noivern but you brought in the dubs so ty for that

Staxi didn't talk much with you but you were pretty cool (aside from spamming stall)

Bandkrook absolute legend ty for giving it your all every single game

vani ty for being our gsc since esta cant and being a legend in it

EB0LA I've never seen such a monster in a tier before thanks for being on the team and winning in rbgy (which no one wants to play)

Mystras Leoxses idk why esta put me in over you cuz I think if you were in woulda gotten them wins, ty for being a really fun guy

Abyssal Ruins Ty for playing the garbage fire tier called bw2 and being a really nice guy and great at mons too (with highways teams)

Skysolo skysolonor24 you are a legend first you win for brpl and then save us for going 10-0

BigFatMantis ty for putting this whole thing and showing it so much love. Because of that uufpl was super fun (and even better than uupl) I hope you host this again and don't be shy for other team tours...

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader
I know I wasn’t really the best at all whatsoever for a fair few reasons, but I wanted to shoutout my team for being so understanding and patient in spite of my circumstances. I hope next time I can be a bit more experienced with the tier I’m working with and also just in general be a stronger player; it was great playing with you all, and thanks again for the opportunity and learning experience!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)