Tournament UUFPL Playoffs Thread! WON BY BLIPBUG CITY BATTLEGIRLS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So where to start...

I want to say thank you to BigFatMantis for this super awesome season and for haivng made such a fun tournament season possible.

Thanks also to itsjustdrew for the great coverage and helping popularise this tournament. If it had not been for you I probably would not have enjoyed looking at other gen players and I would have felt very bored.

Also thanks to the Yanmegatrons for this awesome experience. This tournament was definitely one of the more fun experiences I had in the series.

Ara you've been a great captain and I appreciated playingin your gsc slot. It's been fun to take a step back and get to learn a little bit about DPP as well (I also am taking credit for the win the week we went over that game together).

Rabia you're a cool dude and I liked chatting with you.

Amukamara thanks to you for also having helped run the team. If there is a partial regret I have it's that I didn't get to know many of you for longer. I also wanted you to go undefeated but hey, it's life.

I didn't get to know many of you all so well but Imma tag you here in any case Cam Fathiryxi Monky25 Mac3 naviii 1 GotCookies Lusch .
The first thing I have to say is that, whereas in some cases I saw certain players be toxic, I don't think anyone from my team has gotten overly cocky and I appreciate the respect everyone has had for each other. It means a lot, even if one doesn't feel like they can be warm with others.
I also appreciated seeing not just how far we got, but that we managed to pull through, despite having a reduced player base. We had one of the better seasons out there and it's thanks to all of you.

I will briefly also mention that I enjoyed, for what it's worth, being on the Entralink Enteis for the first 2 weeks.

Shellnuts and Plague von Karma I am glad to have gotten closer to the two of you over these weeks.
Diophantine I don't know if I was happier to be on your team or to have one of the most exciting games this tier has had to offer me ever.

As for GSC in general, I am overall quite content with a positive record in the regular season (only to have it turn to a tie this week RIP). I don't know what's gotten over me but I have been beginning to play like I didn't know the tier over the last 2 weeks, also I just don't know if I am cut out for tours lasting 8 weeks (holy shit) with exams on the way.
Thanks also to the players who helped me practice, get feedback on and test out teams pacattacc Estarossa Reece Zokuru Earthworm Reeece
I guess I never ended up getting to use a special team I had prepared for Ewin.
The rest of the GSC cast of the season, some of which I didn't face this season but also had a lot to learn from since GSC PL started in december Lord Thorx Raahel vani Amaranth spatulakun LTG Yami
Special thanks to Lobissa for picking me up when I was down
S/O to my guy Mitana who's my best bud.

Thanks to the gsc community in general. Been a long time coming but I don't think I will be much of a presence in the near future because I am not signing up to anymore tournaments this season. I am just so tired that I prefer to get on with other things but I'll still be watching from the sidelines.

Last edited:

rinnegan418

Banned deucer.
Really fun season thank you to solo and tmm for drafting me and being fantastic captains(fr TMM the goat). And big shoutouts to the rest of the team for being really fun to hang around. Sad we couldnt get the job done but as a wise man once said "it is what it is" And ofc may the best team(left)win good luck to both. Oh and i almost forgot but huge shoutout to BFM for honestly being the greatest host i have seen and for doing his best to make this tour more fun for everyone

Well shit, its over. I don't even know where to begin.

First I'll thank BigFatMantis for hosting this tour, this has by far been the most enjoyable tour of the year. You gave so many underrated players and tiers the chance to shine in this tour, so thanks bro. You're a great guy, your career has just started and I can see you doing even greater things as time goes on

Thanks SOMALIA for drafting me originally and giving me a shot in this tour. Even though I ended up with a record I wasn't exactly proud of (1-5, at least I haven't gone like 0-10 before getting a win lol) I was still glad to be a part of this tour and def want to continue growing in the future.

Ara thanks for being a great support teammate, you were very enthusiastic about this tour and it showed a lot. Was great meeting you and hopefully we can end up on the same team in the future.

cherryb0ng you've probably been one of the most dedicated players on the team and I greatly respect that. You spoke great words of encouragement and always worked to improve yourself. I get I may have been a bit toxic and whatnot (it was directly after a loss) but I really do take your advice to heart and use it to improve myself. Keep it up, you're a great player and have big things in store for you.

Lusch you were amazing my guy! Easily the best RBY player in the tour, your near flawless record really motivated me to get out there and try my best. RBY has def been getting a lot of traction, and I'm sure you'll do outstanding in it if it pops up in future tours. Great stuff my guy, hope your future is great.

shoutout Crushy Stuff for the team support, it was very helpful and I'm sure a more capable player would have scored big wins with your teams. Was fun working with you and I'm looking forward to the future.

shoutout the rest of the team Cam Amukamara GotCookies Rabia Mac3 naviii 1 Fathiryxi , you all were super cool and it was fun getting to know you guys throughout the season. Sucks we couldn't make it to finals but still we did great

shoutout to the homies itsjustdrew Kitten Milk JustFranco Codename Magnum Sickist Bandkrook , y'all are cool and I'm glad I can know you guys a lot better. We've built some cool shit together and I'm looking forward to other stuff we can do in the future. You all are great players and I hope you guys will grow even more as players

Lastly, shoutout everyone who played this tour, you all did great and motivated me to get into it better and grow a tournament player spirit. I hope some of you are able to take your skills into higher caliber tours since you all showed off your skills!

That's it from me, I'm looking forward to future team tours where I can hopefully play against my peers in the community. Hope you are having a great day and I'll catch you later (sign up for trios tour!)

Last edited:
Monky25 I don't think you were toxic at all. That would have been an unfair thing to say and to think and if my message came across like that then I am sorry. If anything I thought that the whole team had taken their losses and their wins as professionally as possible (and I have seen poor sportsmanship in this tournament elsewhere). You did your best.

Ara

Ara
Our season has come to an end unfortunately but i still had alot of fun along the way

SOMALIA goatmalia, teamed up with u a few times in the past and it was so fun to be on a team with u again (even if it was for like 2 days) all in all still the goat miss u bro

BigFatMantis huge thanks to you for hosting this tour, you put in so much work and made the tour go super smoothly, our encounters were fun aswell im glad to have met and talked to u as much as i did this tour

naviii 1 Monky25 Mac3 Fathiryxi You guys are honestly so good at ss and ive learned alotabout the tier from watching your games and seeing your teams mac3 you're a special case as useem to wanna play ru in a uu tour but all jokes aside, you guys all performed well, whether you got a win or not you all played well. (thanks navi for getting us wins without us knowing like every week). Huge shoutout to Fathiryxi to getting slotted in oras and dominating the tier for the last couple of weeks, you def helped us there aswell when cam didnt play and helped us get as far as we did, huge shoutout to all of you.

Cam Amukamara you guys were basically the managers when somalia left, thank god i couldnt be a manager, you guys took that responsibility off of me. You both got us some amazing wins and ultimately helped the team when we needed it most even with cam switching from SM down to ADV to fill the spot and dominating down there it was fun to watch your games and learn from you guys.

cherryb0ng probably the most dedicated player on the team, by far the most lines in the teamchat and always wanting to improve, you're def an amazing player and i can see you becoming really really good at gsc, you're also too hard on yourself you do good all the time and beat urself up over the littliest things even while playing good, although it was still fun to play with u and learn gsc a little bit xd

Lusch i think you have the best record of the team? besides liam or very similar records, you were honestly a free win every week unironically which was so nice to have because even with 0 rby support u managed to beat down every other rby player in your path and get us this far, we wouldnt have gotten this far had it not been for you, thanks so much.

Rabia got i hate u so much :weary: but it was honestly fun teaming with u all in all, honestly one of the most fun people to be around ur chat presence was always good and fun, lets win NUPL and not throw it away like this xd Rabioat

GotCookies honestly, i really underestimated you and didnt think you would perform and was shocked when somalia drafted you, but u came and u performed very well in the games you did play and i appreciate that.

Crushy Stuff TMM Goblin i honestly dont know how well my dpp run wouldve went without the help from you guys, while you guys didnt really help too much with building in the beginning weeks, the tests + support definitely was a cause for some of my wins, TMM u helped me with my game vs ramo and we brought something fun although it didnt work it was definitely fun building some heat like that, unfortunate that we didnt team together but hopefully we can in the future, Goblin although i lost to the frog almost all the time in tests you were a major help in helping me improve my gameplay and pushed me too a few of my wins. Crushy you singlehandedly helped me test and perfect one of my best teams this tour giving me 2 wins right off the bat with it, sd drapion is so broken plz ban but all in all i enjoyed talking, building and playing with all of you, play in dpp pl plz :x

Estarossa Lilburr Drud Ramolost Mygrein luisotte Alkione you guys all brought really good teams and i had fun and enjoyed playing all of you, definitely opened me up to some ideas and made me be on edge in future games, hopefully we can play more dpp in the future or anything, you guys are all amazing and i couldnt ask for better opponents, all in all was fun, besides esta... i cant believe i got smashed by my own set so embarassing...

itsjustdrew thanks for ur incredibly disrespectful podcast every week ... xd >:)

Shoutouts to the entire Yanmega squad, honestly all amazing players and can def perform when needed, id be happy to team with all of you again in the future. <3

Shoutouts to everyone that participated in this tour i seen some amazing games and learned alot from everyone hope you guys are able to use this tour as a lesson to further improve and become an even better player.

special shoutout to donny p cuz he inspired alot of the ideas behind my teams with his amazing sets <3

BigFatMantis

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
And now, the time we've all been waiting for.... It's....

UUFPL FINALS!!!!!
Presented by Taco Bell. Live Más.
1621812519515.png

Main UUFPL Spreadsheet
UUFPL Regular Season Thread

THE FINAL SHOWDOWN

:ss/Flapple: VS :ss/Blipbug:
#4 Flapple Bottom Jeans v. #3 Blipbug City Battlegirls
0 - 0

SS UU: QWILY v. Panther-T
SS UU: ironwater v. Meri Berry
SS UU: Maki v. pichus
SM UU: Splash v. vivalospride
ORAS UU: Expulso v. CoolStoryBrobat
BW UU: avarice v. DnB
DPP UU: Alkione v. Ramolost
ADV UU: Ampha v. pokemonisfun
GSC UU: Lord Thorx v. Raahel
RBY UU: Reeece v. SBPC
DEADLINE TO COMPLETE ALL FIGHTS IS SUNDAY, MAY 30 @ 10:00 PM EDT (Eastern), 7:00 PM PDT, 2:00 AM GMT

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!

(oh and don't forget to finish the Liepards/Pidgeottos games, Luirromen Draphirion Estarossa Diophantine phoopes LpZ , preferably in the next couple days)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)