UU Soup PL
1714372663063.png

Hosted by MrSoup and tomatosoup110
Tournament Rules and Guidelines
Spreadsheet | Commencement/Admin Thread | Season Schedule

5th Serving: The Clam Chowder to Make Kings of Vagabonds

:mad:THE LAND OF SOUPDEE DOUP:mad:

1714372673394.png

HELP!!! The beautiful and kind princess Misofina, legendary in the lands of Soupdee Doup for her kindness to the disadvantaged, has been kidnapped by the evil robot overlord Lasagnanator9000! Before he bakes her in the Oven of Dismay, King Split Pea Sampson has made a call to all of the great nations of Dunder Youst to help rescue his beloved daughter!

Stew Patrol
It has been established as law by the Congregation of Conglomation that Lasagna is defeated by the best Hot Stew! Luckily for everyone :Granbull: Fate/Granbull Order is home to the best stews in the world, sporting Bo Kho, Seafood Gumbo, and Short Rib variants. However, the :Gholdengo: Gholdengo Girls have recently started cooking good looking stews that seem out of this world! One spoon of their coveted West African Chicken and Peanut Surprise and you may feel like you died and went to heaven, then woke up from a dream, and took a trip to Ghana to have some stew. But which stew is being cooked by the best crew? This a time to decide:

:sv/Granbull: vs :sv/Gholdengo:
Fate/Granbull Order (5) vs The Gholdengo Girls (7)
SV UU: Fluore v. Drud
SV UU: Quinn v. dex
SVU UU: starbitstorm v. Danny
Ubers UU: Frito v. Mada
SS UU: TMM v. Liz Angeles
SM UU: Melt Gibson v. Beraldo
ORAS UU: Ainzcrad v. Fathiryxi
BW UU: Pak v. Tack
DPP UU: avarice v. Easter Bliss
ADV UU: LBN v. LpZ
GSC UU: Medeia v. BeeOrSomething
RBY UU: Fc v. gastlies
~~~
Ramen Mischief
For years and years, :azelf: Azelf on the Shelf has studied, cultivated, and enhanced the best Ramen recipes in their worldwide chain of restaurants known as Ichiya Azelfka Tatsunoya. The price is steep, but many visitors frequently make long trips across the ocean just to sip the wonderfully flavorful plates at these island dreamlands. But the :empoleon: Sheist Islands have started marketing an extremely cheap do-it-yourself Ramen product, Marusheistan, which can be sold for pennies on the dollar and is causing a steep downturn in visitors to the Azelf islands. Determined to be the king nation of Ramen, the two will now square off, seaweed strips in hand, to make the final determination!
:sv/Empoleon: vs :sv/Azelf:
Sheist Wars - The Empoleon Keks Back (5) vs Azelf on the Shelf (7)
SV UU: Oblivion Wing v. zioziotrip
SV UU: Azick v. Colin
SVU UU: BlackKnight_Gawain v. udongirl
Ubers UU: Askov v. Baddy
SS UU: Leni v. DripLegend
SM UU: Metallica126 v. Satanic Beast
ORAS UU: passion v. Kaif
BW UU: Mister McLovin v. Potatochan
DPP UU: Le Don v. Heysup
ADV UU: mncmt v. ojr
GSC UU: Concept Everything v. mkizzy
RBY UU: stunner047 v. SANKE CARP
~~~
Mesoupitamia - The Fertile Crescent
The Lands of Mesoupitamia have been historically occupied by :Donphan: Donphan's Behavioral Children and the :Meganium: Shin Meganium Tensei Digital Digimon Survivors. In the past, these pokemons would serve each other porridge made up from the lush greens and pebbly mountains. In more recent times, the porridge has become bowls of hot lava inspired chili, and "The Fertile Crescent", a year-wide Chili cooking competition, always pits these two together! Now, as King Split Pea Sampson needs a soupified hero, both of these nations must see who is fit to be the best souper in all of Mesoupitamia at THIS year's Fertile Crescent Chili Cookoff!
:sv/Donphan: vs :sv/Meganium:
Donphan Behavior (7) vs Shin Meganium Tensei (4)
SV UU: feen v. Ciro napoli
SV UU: zuzhouwawa v. autumn
SVU UU: Career Ended v. Hurtadoo
Ubers UU: Suzuya v. SwordIsBored
SS UU: zS v. memedose46
SM UU: Ampha v. spell
ORAS UU: vivalospride v. Lily
BW UU: sanguine v. Sabelette
DPP UU: Corperate n v. burstbean
ADV UU: TyCarter v. Killintime
GSC UU: BloodAce v. cherryb0ng
RBY UU: pac v. Maris Bonibell
~~~
Chicken Noodle Soup for the Soul-Gazing Hell Monster
The Three Flamigos have decided to kidnap Thorchic and make some Chicken Noodle Soup to feed the Soul Gazer - an ancient beast that grants super powers capable of rescuing soup princesses from evil lasagna robots. The Thorchics though have other plans - a side serving of Caldo Flamigoso should help feed all of their lands - which are quite big because they're #1 in the standings at the moment - and then the Soul-Gazing Hell Monster will be starved out and the heroes of Thorchic: Love and Thunder can collect its essence and go save the princess! You may question which side here has the better plan - but nonetheless they both have a plan, and both share the same goal in the end. Who will triumph and get the chance to be Heroes of Legends in the land of Soupdee Doup???
:sv/Torchic: vs :sv/Flamigo:
Thorchic - Love and Thunder (5) vs The Three Flamigos (7)
SV UU: Denial v. olivia
SV UU: haxlolo v. Peum
SVU UU: Nikebeamz v. jawabarat
Ubers UU: Rasche v. Imperial
SS UU: JustFranco v. Javi
SM UU: Dorron v. Amukamara
ORAS UU: Hydronics v. yone
BW UU: roxie v. Sificon
DPP UU: Banbadoro v. ThatOneApple
ADV UU: innovamania v. Mossy Sandwich
GSC UU: corvere v. Estarossa
RBY UU: Tree69420 v. NotVeryCake
~~~

:Rotom-Heat: UU Soup PL 5th Serving Golden Soup Quest: What's a cookin'? :Rotom-Heat:

It's time for you to make some soup! Go onto the SV UU ladder with a Rotom-Heat. Against an 1100+ elo player, win the game, with Rotom-Heat getting the final KO with Overheat, and after you KO the final pokemon say "Your soup is ready" in the chat (very important requirement). Anyone in UUFPL can participate in this, starters or bench players or even managers and cheerleaders! (limit 1 point per person btw)
~~~
Fate/Granbull Order (0) vs The Gholdengo Girls (0)
SV UU: Fluore v. Drud
SV UU: Quinn v. dex
SVU UU: starbitstorm v. Danny
Ubers UU: Frito v. Mada
SS UU: TMM v. Liz Angeles
SM UU: Melt GIbson v. Beraldo
BW UU: Pak v. Mister Tack
DPP UU: avarice v. Easter Bliss
ADV UU: LBN v. LpZ
GSC UU: Medeia v. BeeOrSomething
RBY UU: Fc v. gastlies

-

Sheist Wars - The Empoleon Keks Back (0) vs Azelf on the Shelf (0)
SV UU: Oblivion Wing v. zioziotrip
SV UU: Azick v. Colin
SVU UU: BlackKnight_Gawain v. udongirl
Ubers UU: Askov v. Baddy
SS UU: Leni v. DripLegend
SM UU: Metallica126 v. Satanic Beast
BW UU: Mister McLovin v. Potatochan
DPP UU: Le Don v. Heysup
ADV UU: mncmt v. ojr
GSC UU: Concept Everything v. mkizzy
RBY UU: stunner047 v. SANKE CARP

-

Donphan Behavior (0) vs Shin Meganium Tensei (0)
SV UU: feen v. Ciro napoli
SV UU: zuzhouwawa v. autumn
SVU UU: Career Ended v. Hurtadoo
Ubers UU: Suzuya v. SwordIsBored
SS UU: zS v. memedose46
SM UU: Ampha v. spell
BW UU: sanguine v. Sabelette
DPP UU: Corperate n v. burstbean
ADV UU: TyCarter v. Killintime
GSC UU: BloodAce v. cherryb0ng
RBY UU: pac v. Maris Bonibell

-

Thorchic - Love and Thunder (0) vs The Three Flamigos (0)
SV UU: Denial v. olivia
SV UU: haxlolo v. Peum
SVU UU: Nikebeamz v. jawabarat
Ubers UU: Rasche v. Imperial
SS UU: JustFranco v. Javi
SM UU: Dorron v. Amukamara
ORAS UU: Hydronics v. yone
BW UU: roxie v. Sificon
DPP UU: Banbadoro v. ThatOneApple
ADV UU: innovamania v. Mossy Sandwich
GSC UU: corvere v. Estarossa
RBY UU: Tree69420 v. NotVeryCake

/challenge gen3uu @@@ +Armaldo, +Swellow, +Zangoose, +Donphan, +Regirock, +Weezing, +Scizor, +Venusaur, +Typhlosion, +Kadabra

DEADLINE FOR ALL MATCHES IS SUNDAY MAY 5 @ 11:00 PM GMT-4! GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
For Golden Soup Quest

I can't believe that this took me 2hrs to finish lmao...

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9uu-2113876394-0wi4pxnt5b7vde64yr8wjx6tcm226qapw

An Overheat KO under RAIN against Pelipper as the final KO vs a 1179 elo and said "Your soup is ready" in the chat then gg xd.

+2 0 SpA Tera Steel Rotom-Heat Overheat vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Pelipper in Rain: 65-77 (20 - 23.7%) -- guaranteed 5HKO

I nicknamed Rotom-Heat as MrSoup btw.

Liz Angeles

I'll fake it through the day
is a Tiering Contributor
Sheist Wars - The Empoleon Keks Back (7) vs Azelf on the Shelf (5)
SV UU: Oblivion Wing v. zioziotrip - the spreadsheet link on this page goes to some random shit on reddit so i'm too lazy to check records but i'm p sure oblivion wing is 3-1, zio seems to have stopped sabotaging in builder so could win here though
SV UU: Azick v. Colin - both of these are pretty good but azick edges it i think
SVU UU: BlackKnight_Gawain v. udongirl - gawain got a good win last week but i feel udon is a bit more proven
Ubers UU: Askov v. Baddy - they're both good, idk if askov has lost a game here yet but i feel like he's due a loss either way for some reason
SS UU: Leni v. DripLegend - ultimately have a lot more confidence in lenis support
SM UU: Metallica126 v. Satanic Beast - i think metallica is clearly favoured here
ORAS UU: passion v. Kaif - passion lost last week so i thankfully don't have to come up with another flying joke but i'm bolding them anyway
BW UU: Mister McLovin v. Potatochan - feels like a coinflip so i'm bolding better record
DPP UU: Le Don v. Heysup - it would be wrong to bold against heysup
ADV UU: mncmt v. ojr - i think both have been doing pretty well but ojr has probably been doing better, idk though
GSC UU: Concept Everything v. mkizzy - woo gsc, i feel like concept is probably better but who knows
RBY UU: stunner047 v. SANKE CARP - idk if sanke has played this tier before and i know stunner has

-

Donphan Behavior (7) vs Shin Meganium Tensei (5)
SV UU: feen v. Ciro napoli - idk if ciro has won a game yet but i like him
SV UU: zuzhouwawa v. autumn - idk who zuzhouwawa is but we considered drafting them and autumn has been struggling a bit
SVU UU: Career Ended v. Hurtadoo - this guy is heat
Ubers UU: Suzuya v. SwordIsBored - the meganiums have tried a couple of players in this slot so i assume they're not doing well here and suzuya is good
SS UU: zS v. memedose46 - i've actually played memedose in this tier before and he's decent but zs is a clear favourite
SM UU: Ampha v. spell - i like spell and i have no idea what amphas record is
ORAS UU: vivalospride v. Lily - assume neither have much time to put into this, feel like viv is a slight favourite but i honestly don't know
BW UU: sanguine v. Sabelette - hard to bold against mainers
DPP UU: Corperate n v. burstbean - p sure burstbean is fire
ADV UU: TyCarter v. Killintime - i can't bold against kt after the giraf game
GSC UU: BloodAce v. cherryb0ng - if cherry doesn't fuck up scheduling again he probably wins
RBY UU: pac v. Maris Bonibell - I think maris lucked us last week so i have to bold against them

-

Thorchic - Love and Thunder (7) vs The Three Flamigos (5)
SV UU: Denial v. phoopes - phoopes in sv is for sure something i didn't expect to see
SV UU: haxlolo v. Peum - i think lolo will get insanely haxed this week
SVU UU: Nikebeamz v. jawabarat - they're both good but nike probably has the better record
Ubers UU: Rasche v. Imperial - rasche is fire
SS UU: JustFranco v. Javi - predicting umbreon to wall 5 this week
SM UU: Dorron v. Amukamara - liam will win
ORAS UU: Hydronics v. yone - hydronics has the best record or smth
BW UU: roxie v. Sificon - i feel like sificon is probably favoured
DPP UU: Banbadoro v. ThatOneApple - apple won last week i think but banbadoro is still favoured
ADV UU: innovamania v. Mossy Sandwich - fairly confident that inno is better at this tier
GSC UU: corvere v. Estarossa - p much obligated to bold esta
RBY UU: Tree69420 v. NotVeryCake - i think tree is still undefeated and that's surely not sustainable in this tier, better to get haxed now than in playoffs

Going to do some oras predicts cause I think the matches in this week are by far the most exciting matches all season. Also I think every person in my match predicts has an almost identical record in 2-2 except one person who is 2-1. Really shows how competitive this oras pool is if almost everyone has the same record.

Highlight matchup of the oras season imo. The number 1 & number 2 ranked players in the pool is always going to be the most exciting matchup of the tour. I think Lily is lowkey the best player in this oras pool without a doubt. I would say she's by far the best even though some people may disagree. Viv is still really good though and this matchup is probably the most even in the week but I don't wanna cop-out and put a tie in a predict so I'm going with Lily. Like I said, the most exciting oras match of the season so hopefully it's a good one. I would give Lily 51-49 odds to win this.

Word on the street is that Kaif is actually insane at oras uu and is the sleeper pick in this pool. I think passion probably takes it here but I think it would be sick if Kaif won because I love a good underdog story. It is so incredibly rare you see unknown talent do well, especially in old gen low tiers that it almost never happens. Very close matchup but like I said, I don't do ties so I'm giving passion very slight odds to take this.

This is the match I'm most uncertain of. Fath has had a really good recovery going from 0-2 to 2-2. I really want to bold Ainz cause I think they are a lot better than their record says. Ainz has just made a few very small errors that unfortunately did affect the outcome of their games. They were in a great position to win vs Lily but made one mistake that cost them the match. Regardless of that, Ainz has still looked really solid all tour and has the best oras support you could ever ask for. Pak and Dingbat support is way too strong and Ainz has access to any oras team they could ever want which I'm lowkey kinda jealous of (I have to build all of my teams by myself...) but still, this matchup is the one that I feel the least confident about. I'm going to bold Ainz here but it would not surprise me in the slightest if Fath won.

I don't want to be that guy, but would it be possible to make an updated spreadsheet before the playoffs?
MrSoup BigFatMantis I'd greatly appreciate it because when I click on the spreadsheet I can't see my team's standings. It's a bit of a shame because this tour is like a grassroots tour and has a good rep.

Last edited:

Volk

Demonstrably alive.
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Round 5 Predictions. Not late!

Fc v. gastlies
Fc has shown solid play for two weeks now and I suspect that continues. gastlies has looked fine as well — though she didn't really get to play too much in Week 4 — but Fc seems sturdier.

stunner047 v. SNAKE CARP
This is our first double non-starter game of the season. SNAKE CARP is a perfectly good player in a number of tiers, and I know him best for his escapades in GSC Lower Tiers and a rather impressive 5th Place in the RBY OU Winter Seasonal, but I have trouble bolding him against stunner047, who spends most of his time in the realm of Pokemon playing RBY and has taken the opportunity to refresh his knowledge of RBY UU in the Circuit Tournament. I expect a pretty interesting set from these two, given stunner's somewhat old-school team styles and SNAKE CARP's good fundamentals but presumed unfamiliarity with the tier.

pac v. Maris Bonibell
With more persistent activity and a win now under her belt, I think Maris comes into this set the slight favorite over pac.

Tree69420 v. NotVeryCake
Following my initial prediction, this should be the highlight set of the regular season. Despite a loss during their exchange during All Star Week, I think Tree will take the W when his record is back on the line. I hope this set is at least fairly clean, because it should be a good one, regardless of the winner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)