[UU Beta] FWG-SFD Team needs help!

Hello Smogon! Here is my 2nd RMT (First one was a failed Gen 5 NU RMT). I've been a long-time lurker and now, I have (tried) to apply the knowledge I got here. I've always known how Fire, Water and Grass types have excellent synergy. But with the release of the Fairy type, a new trio blessed with the same synergy is born, the SFD core. So without further ado, here we go!

I decided to first assemble the FWG core. I decided I needed a bulky Water Pokemon that could be used as full support. Vaporeon was the Pokemon of choice since he can be that heavy support my team needs and he is also an excellent special wall.

Next, I looked for a Grass Poakemon, the second part of my FWG core. I was originally considering
Chesnaught, but that 4x Flying weakness is really bothersome with all the Crobat roaming around UU. So I decided on using a Pokemon I used a lot in 5th Gen, Amoonguss.

Finally, the final part of my FWG core. This is the part that could definitely use help. I was actually considering
Arcanine because of his excellent Speed and priority in Extreme Speed. He could also (potentially) be a disruptive pivot with Intimidate and Will-o-wisp. I though against it because of the Bisharp roaming around UU, Intimidate would be doing more harm than good. I am now using Chandelure as he can do massive damage and has 2 excellent abilities to choose from as well.

Now, the SFD core. Since I've been swept, terribly too if I may add, by
Bisharp, I decided to add him to the team as the Steel in the SFD core. Excellent offensive presence and once he gets +2, you know you're f*cked.

Most Fairies were specially defensive. Since I had Vaporeon as a special wall, I didn't want to replace him as he could do his job pretty damn well. With Amoonguss being easy setup fodder to anyone he couldn't put to sleep and is immune/resistant to his STABs, I decided on a Fairy physical wall. After skimming through the forum, I stumbled upon
Granbull and decided to use him and he has been working well.

Finally, the Dragon and my ultimate win condition. A star fallen from the grace of OU, he now calls UU his home. One of the best wallbreakers in UU now,
Haxorus

THE TEAM:

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 SAtk
Ability: Water Absorb
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Toxic

One of the Pokemon who got heavily affected by the weather nerf, Vaporeon now resides in UU and is an excellent addition to the tier. With massive HP and decent support options, he fills the role of special wall and Wish-passer. He keeps his team mates healthy by passing really huge Wishes. Protect is used for scouting opponents moves and could also be used to Toxic stall. Scald is the weapon of choice since Burn is always welcome.

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Ability: Regenerator
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Toxic
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

One of my walls, Amoonguss carrying 2 status moves isn't really common (from my experience). Getting an opponent to sleep and bringing in Haxorus to grab a few boosts or getting an opponent to sleep and getting the switch-in with Toxic allows him to wear down the opponent's Pokemon one by one. Having Regenerator allows him to get more switches in and cause more mayhem with Spore and Toxic. Giga Drain is for that tiny bit of health recovery and I chose Sludge Bomb over Clear Smog because I needed to get rid of Fairies quicker so Haxorus can sweep easier.

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Trick

Ah Chandelure. The team's glass cannon. Sporting a whooping 145 base SAtk, Chandelure hits anything that isn't a special wall hard. Choice Scarf helps mitigate its not as good Speed and turns it into an excellent revenge killer. Fire Blast and Shadow Ball are two obligatory STABs while Energy Ball provides a safe option to hit Bulky Waters that want to switch in to Chandelure's Fire moves and could also hit Jellicent for SE damage. Trick is used to, well, Trick a special wall on the switch and therefore crippling it with Choice Scarf.

Bisharp @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

What's a UU team without Bisharp right? Our beloved red ranger has received a lot of buffs this Gen and is now making a name for himself as one of the tier's if not the tier's best sweeper. As not really much can switch into Bisharp, Knock Off is an excellent move. I usually knock off Leftovers/Black Sludge off walls leaving them with no residual recovery. I run Jolly and max speed to ensure that Sucker Punch goes first though I'm sure that there is a better spread. Iron Head is used to eliminate Fairies that would otherwise, stop Haxorus from sweeping.

Granbull @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Ability: Intimidate
Impish Nature
- Play Rough
- Earthquake
- Bulk Up
- Heal Bell

Pulled straight out of one of Smogon's threads (Credit goes to where it is due. The person who made this set is awesome), Granbull serves as an excellent physical wall and cleric. Intimidate gives him more power to wall physical attacks. Bulk Up gives him more defense and allows him to punish those who even try attack him. Play Rough is a necessary Fairy STAB allowing him to hit opposing Dragons and Mienshaos, the latter I encounter frequently. Earthquake is used to hit Steel types that would resist Play Rough.

Haxorus @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dual Chop
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

I really can't believe this thing is UU. I'm using him until he's suspected and sent to BL. If not, then sh*t. Haxorus is the premier Dragon in UU IMO (Sorry M-Ampharos and Hydreigon). With 1 DD under his belt, he becomes a destroyer that eliminates even the toughest walls. Lum Berry aids him in setting up. I added Dual Chop because I feel that its ability to hit twice and potentially break subs is very vital to sweeping. Earthquake is used as a coverage move and a "safe" choice as it hits anything not Flying and without Air Balloon thanks to Mold Breaker. Poison Jab is used to remove any Fairies (If Bisharp spared any lol).

M-Houndoom- Honestly, how many teams can stand the wrath of this unholy dog? Under the sun, he obliterates anything with Fire Blast and Dark Pulse and he has access to Solar Beam to muscle past Bulky Waters

Steel Pokemon- These guys use Amoonguss as setup bait. Doublade can easily grab a +2 on Amoonguss (provided that something is already asleep) and Escavalier absolutely laughs at him with his buffed Overcoat

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Toxic

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Spore
- Toxic

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Trick

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Granbull @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Heal Bell
- Earthquake
- Play Rough
- Bulk Up

Haxorus @ Lum Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dual Chop
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

Still pretty low on the ladder but there are some pretty good matches. Will add more soon!
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uubeta-79623689
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uubeta-79622563

So thanks for reading all the way here. I hope to find your suggestions here. Any criticism is appreciated! (Though constructive ones would be nice) Thanks again!

EDIT: Added importable section

Last edited:

Arkian

this is the state of grace
is a Contributor Alumnus
Cool concept and team you have here :D I do have a few suggestions on how this could be made better though

The first suggestion is using Vaporeon as a physical wall instead of a special one. Vaporeon is weak to a slew of common special attackers such as Mega Manectric and Roserade, but it's Water typing lets it wall many common physical attackers such as Darmanitan and Weavile (Knock Off sucks though :[). Water-types are generally known to be good physical walls, and Vaporeon is no exception. With that, I'd like to suggest changing Amoonguss to a specially defensive wall. Amoonguss's typing lets it wall Fairies such as Florges while also dealing with the likes of Roserade and Mega Blastoise with impunity. Both Vaporeon and Amoonguss's typing lets makes them a better candidate for physical and special walls, respectively.

Another thing I'd like to change is Fire Punch over Earthquake on Granbull. Fire Punch lets Granbull dispose of Escavalier with impunity while still striking the likes of Metagross hard, something that Earthquake can't boast to do.

Hope I helped NotBruceWayne and good luck with your team ^.^

Rohail said:
Cool concept and team you have here :D I do have a few suggestions on how this could be made better though

The first suggestion is using Vaporeon as a physical wall instead of a special one. Vaporeon is weak to a slew of common special attackers such as Mega Manectric and Roserade, but it's Water typing lets it wall many common physical attackers such as Darmanitan and Weavile (Knock Off sucks though :[). Water-types are generally known to be good physical walls, and Vaporeon is no exception. With that, I'd like to suggest changing Amoonguss to a specially defensive wall. Amoonguss's typing lets it wall Fairies such as Florges while also dealing with the likes of Roserade and Mega Blastoise with impunity. Both Vaporeon and Amoonguss's typing lets makes them a better candidate for physical and special walls, respectively.

Another thing I'd like to change is Fire Punch over Earthquake on Granbull. Fire Punch lets Granbull dispose of Escavalier with impunity while still striking the likes of Metagross hard, something that Earthquake can't boast to do.

Hope I helped NotBruceWayne and good luck with your team ^.^
Thanks man! I'll implement your suggestions and return when I have results!

Keep the suggestions coming guys!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)