SS UU UU balance (I guess) featuring AloWak and Bro(with no webs wat!?)

edit:sorry the images got all messed up

Since all of my UU teams had Jirachi, Kyreum, and Hat on them I had to come up with a new team. I wanted to use some of the new toys that dropped down to UU from OU this month so I started with AloWak. I don’t like using webs so I decided against that and instead added Slowbro with teleport to the team to help bring AloWak in so it could do what it does and break

here’s a poke paste If you wanna just get going on that and there’s another one at the bottom

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/851560bd1244ff15

The Team
5E5810D0-A4D1-4CF7-A58C-A84B6D0C7805.pngC3D5DA54-B2C0-48F8-AFC3-9985C36DEEC5.png90FDE612-515F-4895-B9CA-40CD0D5A8997.png
5D6E829A-78E2-477E-98FA-B2545097A439.jpeg]0A1FBD63-0AA6-4996-AA5D-CE92BBFBD02D.jpegF40BA729-F622-4D4B-B38B-CD6A9F0819E2.png

So brief story on how this was built. I really wanted to use AloWak and I didn’t want to use sticky webs. So I started with AloWak and added Slowbro as a bulky water with teleport who can take hits and get AloWak in the battle safely. After that I wanted a defogger with flexible movement who just happened to round out my fire/water/grass core which is why I picked Rotom-C as the third member of my team.

After that I realized I needed a rocker and I always like to have a steel type on my team. This particular steel type is also fighting type giving it great synergy with future sight Slowbro. It also has volt switch creating a turn core with Rotom, cue Cobalion. After that I wanted something that could sponge some special hits, pass wishes, and a fairy type is always a plus on a team imo, cue Sylveon. Finally I wanted speed control and I wanted a ghost resist and something that could deal with Polteageist in particular, cue Krookodile.

Marowak-Alola
@ Thick Club
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature

8ADFB7A5-6FB4-4499-B1F5-B8B55E5DABFA.png

- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Poltergeist
- Bonemerang
AloWak was the Pokémon I decided to build this team around. It’s pretty self explanatory. With thick club+swords dance it boosts it’s attack sky high and nothing survives. Not much in the tier can wall it. This Pokémon’s job is to act as a choice breaker on steroids almost. Swords dance boosts AloWak’s sky high attack even further making it impossible to switch into. Flare Blitz and Poltergeist are two high powered stabs with good super effective coverage that obliterate what they should (And probably shouldn’t). Bonemerang is for coverage and it also breaks sashes and disguise. The EVs are there to make AloWak hit as hard as possible while still being able to take a hit. Thick Club for the insane attack boost

Slowbro @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
C3D5DA54-B2C0-48F8-AFC3-9985C36DEEC5.png
- -Scald
- Slack Off
- Teleport
- Future Sight
Number two on this team is Slowbro. Slowbro is a phenomenal physical wall that pretty much walls anything non boosted that isn’t stab super effective. And that’s before we talk about it’s regenerator teleport. Regenerator teleport brings my AloWak (and my other Pokémon in completely clean) while regenerator leaves Slowbro clean. Scald racks up burns and annoys, future sight has great synergy with cobalion, and slack off keeps Slowbro healthy. The EVs are to make Slowbro as bulky as possible on the physical side. Boots for switching in freely

Rotom-Mow @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
5D6E829A-78E2-477E-98FA-B2545097A439.jpeg

- Defog
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Nasty Plot
Rotom-C is here primarily as my defogger. Webs, toxic spikes, and hazard stack can all be a problem for this team so I need a defogger. I choose Rotom because it finished my F/W/G core, it’s a great Pokémon, and it started a volt turn core with Cobalion. Defog is there for obvious reasons. Leaf Storm is there as a nuke. Volt Switch is there for pivoting, and Nasty Plot is there as a wincon against certain teams. The EVs are there to make Rotom hit as hard and fast as possible. Leftovers for the passive recovery

Cobalion @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
90FDE612-515F-4895-B9CA-40CD0D5A8997.png

- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Volt Switch
- Stealth Rock
Cobalion is here mainly as my lead and to lay rocks. He also has volt switch which creates a good volt turn core with Rotom-C. He also has good synergy with Slowbro and future sight. He’s my main check to dark types and also checks any fairy type that is slower than him. Moveset is pretty self explanatory. Close Combat as the main stab. Iron Head for fairies and close combat resists. Volt Switch for pivoting. The EV spread lets Cobalion hit as fast and hard as possible. Rocky Helmet helps get some chip damage

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
View attachment 273314
- Wish
- Protect
- Hyper Voice
- Toxic
Sylveon is here to take special hits and deal with dragon types and dark types that Cobalion doesn’t want to. It’s also here to pass wishes and status. Wish is here for self recovery and to pass wishes to teammates. Protect is here for wish and to scout and to get a turn of leftovers recovery. Hyper Voice stops this set from being completely passive. Toxic so here to hit Pokémon it can’t threaten with hyper voice. It’s EV spread is that way to make it as specially bulky as possible and pass the biggest wishes it possibly can. Leftovers is for passive recovery

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Iron Tail
- Close Combat
Scarf Krookodile is my speed control and my ghost Pokémon check. Knock Off is there as an obvious STAB and has a lot of utility. EQ is the other STAB and can roll through teams with no immunities. Iron Tail is for fairy switch ins. Close Combat is for opposing dark types mostly. The EVs are to make Krook hit as hard and fast as possible with a scarf

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/851560bd1244ff15

I didn’t really think this team would do well and it’s kind of thrown together but I might be on to something here. I made a new showdown account for the new season and so far I’m 8-3 on low ladder with one of the loses coming on a misclick so it’s doing pretty well so far. I’ve decided I want to continue laddering with it but I wanna tune it up before I get to higher ladder.

I put a lot of time into this so I’d really appreciate if you guys could give me some help! Please try the team out and rate if you’re interested. Thank you so much!

Attachments

Last edited:

esche

Frust kommt auf, denn der Bus kommt nicht
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
hey cool stuff

alowak outside of cheese (speaking webs/tr) is a true mans playstyle so i got nothing but respect for that :blobthumbsup:

heres a couple things you can try out

:slowking: > :sylveon:

slowking gives you an easier pivot into noivern that doesnt suck up momentum all the time like sylveon does and can also cripple switchins to support alowak breaking. wish support is fine ig but from my experience alowak much prefers the positioning teleport provides. just be smart around keeping hazards off the field so that wak doesnt get too low too quick.

:weezing-galar: > :slowbro:

two slowbrothers is a bit much and the fairy typing is sorely missed so weezing-g fills in for slowbro as the physical sponge. this helps out vs zarude and can help absorb tspikes if you choose to forgo levitate for one of its other abilities (prob gas). feel free to try out all kinds of moves on weezing in the last two slots. wow, taunt, psplit, tspikes, defog and corrosive gas are all viable choices that have their uses.

some smaller edits i made include max speed on alowak to help get the jump on fast twaved mons (most notably noivern), chople on coba as an emergency button vs lycan/rak and boots on rotom bc when you come in on rocks and youd rather play with them up on the opponents side you gain less back from lefties when volting out again.

i recommend putting thunder wave on literally everything that get its so that wak can do what it does best: click moves without drawback. this means twave>volt switch on coba (which draws in noivern) and maybe even twave>plot on rotom-c to cripple zarude and tsareena though i suppose they fear wow anyway.

other than that you might wanna try and fit a noivern somewhere bc that mon is kinda too good not to run. also i hate on scarf krook big time ever since it lost pursuit but i suppose it does have a place here as a lycan/rak check so ill keep it. maybe put sth over iron tail bc god knows youre never clicking that move anyway. edge for noivern or tox to cripple walls is prob better.

heres the import i played a roomtour with it just now and promptly won so yea

https://pokepast.es/cf5d562f546b7b2b

cheers :blobwizard:

Last edited:
hey cool stuff

alowak outside of cheese (speaking webs/tr) is a true mans playstyle so i got nothing but respect for that :blobthumbsup:

heres a couple things you can try out

:slowking: > :sylveon:

slowking gives you an easier pivot into noivern that doesnt suck up momentum all the time like sylveon does and can also cripple switchins to support alowak breaking. wish support is fine ig but from my experience alowak much prefers the positioning teleport provides. just be smart around keeping hazards off the field so that wak doesnt get too low too quick.

:weezing-galar: > :slowbro:

two slowbrothers is a bit much and the fairy typing is sorely missed so weezing-g fills in for slowbro as the physical sponge. this helps out vs zarude and can help absorb tspikes if you choose to forgo levitate for one of its other abilities (prob gas). feel free to try out all kinds of moves on weezing in the last two slots. wow, taunt, psplit, tspikes, defog and corrosive gas are all viable choices that have their uses.

some smaller edits i made include max speed on alowak to help get the jump on fast twaved mons (most notably noivern), chople on coba as an emergency button vs lycan/rak and boots on rotom bc when you come in on rocks and youd rather play with them up on the opponents side you gain less back from lefties when volting out again.

i recommend putting thunder wave on literally everything that get its so that wak can do what it does best: click moves without drawback. this means twave>volt switch on coba (which draws in noivern) and maybe even twave>plot on rotom-c to cripple zarude and tsareena though i suppose they fear wow anyway.

other than that you might wanna try and fit a noivern somewhere bc that mon is kinda too good not to run. also i hate on scarf krook big time ever since it lost pursuit but i suppose it does have a place here as a lycan/rak check so ill keep it. maybe put sth over iron tail bc god nows youre never clicking that move anyway. edge for noivern or tox to cripple walls is prob better.

heres the import i played a roomtour with it just now and promptly won so yea

https://pokepast.es/cf5d562f546b7b2b

cheers :blobwizard:
Thanks a lot! I’ll definitely try those changes out. I like the twave spam idea a lot

The only slot I can fit Noivern in is Rotom’s slot. I could use Noivern as my defogger and then maybe switch out krook for scarf Zarude since it seems to function better in this meta. I’m going to try it as for now and see if those changes would improve the team

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)