Gen 7 USUM BH - BH's most hated team? [Celestial Force] (Peak: 1,775 ELO and #5)

Artemis04

formerly Zyniti
Introduction
Here again with a team which shot to the skies, beyond the cosmos without the intention of it happening.

This team dates back about five years (yes, this team is older than a fair portion of the world population), when I first stumbled across Pokemon Showdown. Shortly after, I would discover the Balanced Hackmons tier as a casual player and then start building the Celestial Force team initially. I would then get attached to it.

Evidence for 1775 ELO:
right here
Building Process
Incomplete as of now since this is a five year old team.

Initially this team was centered around Eevee + Baton Pass. This team did not fare well even in the tar swamps of the low ladder, where if it can be run, it can win battles. I would eventually migrate to a new account to start testing (which would be early 2018)

Later in 2018 (this was around mid-late), this is what the team would look like. This is not entirely optimal and the team would struggle a lot against Prankster, which was very uncommon in the lower ladders I was accustomed to. I had to make extra adjustments to the team to ensure it would excel in a tier where everything is potentially offensive, and noticed some anti-synergy within the team.

This was the solution I came up with. Exchanging Magearna for Registeel, and Groudon-Primal for Mewtwo-Mega-X reinforced the team heavily and increased the strength and synergy of the team. This would be the last change I would make until I returned to the team in 2021, being over three years since the team last changed. Around 2019, I would peak ladder with this team as Sleep Spam coupled with paralysis created such a strong synergistic core that most teams were simply sitting ducks against it, even when reaching high ladder. This unsurprisingly caused a lot of anger against a lot of people, to the point where someone called me a scumbag for using this team even though they won the battle.

After returning to this team 3 years later, I noticed all the flaws this team had. The team crumbled under the prescence of Xerneas (which was a very uncommon Pokemon as I built this team) alongside many offensive threats in the tier. With the combination of Registeel and Kyogre, the team manages to cover all Xerneas sets that people commonly run. Shedinja covers the remainders.

The Team
As always, if you want to skip to the team itself

Canopus (Registeel) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Flash Fire
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Careful Nature
- Shore Up
- U-turn
- Defog
- Spectral Thief
Not much to say here other than your typical Registeel. The set is slightly adjusted; Flash Fire is merely defensive and blocks Magma Storm from Mewtwo-Mega-Y (which is intended to pivot into Mewtwo-Mega-X) whilst holding actual defensive value against less common Pokemon like Reshiram.

Sol (Giratina) @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Haze
- Shore Up
- Core Enforcer
- Destiny Bond
Even in the toxic swamps of Generation 8, a Prankster is required and Generation 7 is no different. Haze is run over Topsy-Turvy to bypass Dark-types and Substitute. Shore Up allows Giratina to extend its longevity, Core Enforcer shuts down Regigigas and punishes Giratina switchins. Destiny Bond is a last-resort option for if Giratina can't handle what's in front of it. With Griseous Orb, Giratina is rendered immune to trick and gets a small boost to its Core Enforcer. Running a legitimate Generation 7 Balanced Hackmons team without a Prankster is stranding yourself in the middle of shit creek without a paddle.

Sirius A (Mewtwo-Mega-X) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Low Kick
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Spore
With its combination of Knock Off and Spore, before the sleep clause was implemented this was a highly potent Pokemon able to render unprepared teams sitting ducks. Forcing a Pokemon to go to sleep is still valued in this tier, and if paired with a potent sweeper it can go as far as to end the game at that point (which was done in a previous version of the team). The Pokemon still remains on the team as it imposterproofs Mewtwo-Mega-Y.

Sirius B (Mewtwo-Mega-Y) @ Lum Berry
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Zap Cannon
- Blizzard
- Magma Storm
- Dynamic Punch
This Pokemon is just plain mean against even prepared teams. Zap Cannon is a superpowered Nuzzle which 2HKOs Primal Kyogre, disables Poison Heal and tears apart defensive cores easily. Blizzard chases Giratina and Zygarde-Complete away from the field. With Dynamic Punch's 100% confusion chance, it can wear down Pokemon to dust as it gives a 51% chance to not move that turn. Magma Storm further pushes this, allowing Mewtwo-Mega-Y to get an average of a few kills a game.

Magnetar (Shedinja) @ Protective Pads
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 187 SpA
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 4 SpA / 20 SpD / 0 Spe
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Endeavor
- Extreme Speed
Not much to say here, again as this is your normal Shedinja set. It serves its purpose as both an offensive and defensive Pokemon, walling anything not carrying Mold Breaker or its moves Sunsteel Strike, Photon Geyser or Moongeist Beam. Protective Pads stops Rocky Helmet from posing much of a threat to this Pokemon. Endeavor + Extreme Speed whittles down Pokemon,s health very fast, allowing for easy KOs. Stealth Rock is carried to punish swapouts and U-Turn allows Shedinja to pivot out of Giratina.

Rigel (Kyogre-Primal) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Revelation Dance
- U-turn
- Spectral Thief
- Core Enforcer
Introduced to this team recently to fix the matchup against Xerneas, it is a mainly defensive Pokemon to help against Xerneas with its massive SpD paired with Assault Vest, denying many Pokemon the ability to break it on that side. The moveset is fairly standard; Revelation Dance allows it to scare Ho-Oh away, U-Turn is a pivoting move (surprise surprise), Spectral Thief is what allows it to stop Xerneas from its job. Core Enforcer as a last move punishes defensive Poison Heal users.
Threatlist:
TBD
Replays:
TBD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)