Project USM OU Teambuilding Competition - Tapu Koko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flexípedes Bueyes - U-Turn Bulky Offense

I have been working on this team since I was a noob (I still am lol) and it has proven to be timelessly solid. I wanted to build a team around SD Terrakion, who is an underrated threat in OU; with perfect and extremely potent STAB coverage, good speed tier and the ability to set up rocks while scaring out common defoggers, this mon deserved some love.
Mega Scizor is the perfect soulmate for Terrakion because it lures all kinds of birds and fire types for the bull to abuse and can also take on the ground and psychic types. Gastro forms an excellent defensive core with Scizor as it can basically switch in on everything Scizor hates and offers a dead end to those annoying electric types. Torn is my means of hazard control and my Medi switch in. It also offers a needed ground inmunity and more u-turn support. Hoopa is here cuz a team without Hoopa is not a team of mine. Banded Hoopa is here to compensate the set-up reliance of Terrakion when it comes to break, this improves my stall match-up a lot.
Now, Gren is an essential glue for the team, it is the ultimate revenge killer as our host said; it takes care of several set-up sweepers that can overwhelm my defensive core, like Gyarados or Volcarona. Gren also gives me more momentum and coverage that lets me soft potential counters to Terrakion and Hoopa.
(Crucial info: 252 Atk Protean Greninja Rock Slide vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gyarados: 240-284 (72.5 - 85.8%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock)

Note: I run curse on Scizor for added resilience against cheese, but SD is perhaps a better option now that Zyg is gone.
Note 2: I'm not a hazard stacker, but you can run spikes over gunk shot in Gren.
Note 3: Jolly Hoopa is pussy.

Terrakion @ Rockium Z
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance

Scizor-Mega (M) @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Curse
- Roost

Gastrodon (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover

Tornadus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Taunt
- Defog

Greninja (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Atk / 104 SpA / 152 Spe
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Rock Slide
- Gunk Shot

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Band
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Gunk Shot
- Fire Punch
- Drain Punch

Last edited:

Egor

нет, товарищ генерал, это вы даёте
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RoAPL Champion

Greninja @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Taunt
- Ice Beam

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb

Thundurus-Therian @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Nasty Plot

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Magearna @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Soul-Heart
Timid Nature
- Shift Gear
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Substitute
Just some HO cheese featuring Protean Greninja as a part of its lead core alongside Excadrill:psysly:. I decided to add Thundurus-T as my first breaker, then I added Specs Lele to pressure the likes of Amoonguss and M-Venusaur. Magearna appreciates mons like Ferrothorn and Amoonguss being smashed by my breakers. The last mon is M-Gyarados, which improves my stall matchup and can punish Ash-Greninja's transformation thanks to its typing after Mega.

Last edited:

Greninja (M) @ Waterium Z
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Spikes
- Hydro Pump
- Gunk Shot
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 184 HP / 200 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Thunder Punch

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 196 SpD / 64 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Protect

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 180 SpD / 80 Spe
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Earth Power

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 240 HP / 72 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Defog

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp
It's a classic bulky offense around of Greninja Spikes & SD Mega-Mawile.
I choose to start with this set of Greninja because it's very easy to stack Spikes angainst Tapu Fini, HP Fire is useful for prevent the hazard stacking of Ferrothorn. SD Mega-Mawile is the set up Sweeper of this team and TPunch is necessary for break Toxapex. Also, this SpD Heatran can trap Toxapex and switch-in. Landorus-T Scarf and Rotom-W form a volturn core for help Greninja to stack Spikes and Mawile to set up SD. I choose Tapu Bulu for check AshGreninja and Tapu Koko without be passif.

Bulu+Kart+Tran is stupid broken, so I decided to build around that. I added scarf protean Greninja (obviously) to add speed control and because I had to. Gastro+Torn are the last 2 slots of the build to help with Ash Greninja, Kartana, Heatran, and stopping electrics from going ham on my team. Basically, Greninja and Bulu soften up the opposing team so Kartana can finish up with a basically unresisted Bloom Doom (literally Tornadus dies to an unboosted Bloom Doom in grassy terrain. Heatran is the MMawile, Zam, Magearna, Latias, Zard Y, Volcarona, etc, check on the team, and is also the rocker. Gastro provides an Ash Greninja and Heatran answer, and Tornadus gives the team a little more speed, as well a Kartana answer and a defogger.

Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Gunk Shot
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Spikes

Tapu Koko @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Grass Knot
- U-turn

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 128 SpD / 128 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Fire Fang
- Thunder Punch
- Sucker Punch

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 152 SpD / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Defog
- Roost
- Toxic
I picked the classic specially based protean set with Waterium Z, because first of all Z Hydro has the potential to OHKO some of the most used mons (SpDef Heatran, Tornadus-T/Zapdos after rocks…), and paired with HP Fire/Gunk Shot it helps weakening the bulkier grass types to clear out the way for Tapu Koko. I spammed this offensive core and I really liked it that’s why I decided to build around it. Though scarf Koko isn’t something I was used to, I needed speed control so I figured I’d try it out. It worked quite nicely especially since this team is so weak to rain, like Swampert could legit 6-0 if Tangrowth was weakened and so far no one scouted for the grass knot. Heatran is the stealth rocker on the team, helps to get rid of some annoying passive mons, i mean nothing really to explain here everyone knows what is this don is capable of. Next, Tangrowth otherwise Ash-Gren goes brazy, necessary to knock off items and pivot around. Then I wanted a strong physical attacker, Mawile is more than enough power, it also gives access to a priority move plus Thunder Punch under electric terrain is a really fun tech to use. Finally, I needed some hazards removal, honestly I wasn’t a big fan of Defog Gliscor it somehow managed to work out, also gives 2 more immunities to the team and helps versus Ice Beam less AV Magearna.

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Greninja @ Waterium Z
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Extrasensory
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Spikes

Heatran @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

EVs: 244 Atk / 68 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Defog

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute
- Glare

EVs: 24 HP / 248 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Substitute
So I started off with a core of Lele+Gren, Tapu Lele blocking priority and in general hitting everything hard while Protean Greninja can either clean in the late game or break for the rest of the team. I added Heatran, which allows me some hazard stacking and in general is a great defensive option. Scarf Lando, I could say more but you all know what this mon does. Serperior acts as a way to deter Defogging (the evasion boost has won more games than I care to admit), as well as some speed control and a potential sweeper. Lastly, I threw in Gyarados, since it's just a nice setup sweeper that can tear holes through a team. A little Lucha weak, I'll admit, but played aggressively I've never had an issue with it.

Team A by ithrowrocksatkids

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Recover

Greninja (M) @ Expert Belt
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Spikes

EVs: 88 HP / 164 Def / 32 SpA / 8 SpD / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Knock Off
- Hurricane
- U-turn

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 44 Def / 108 SpD / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Facade

Heatran @ Firium Z
EVs: 128 HP / 128 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 188 SpD / 72 Spe
Careful Nature
- Protect
- Swords Dance
- Superpower
- Horn Leech

So starting off we have protean gren which has proven to be a very strong threat lately. I decided to go expert belt it’s one of my favorite sets because it sets up spikes and pressures a lot of common cores like bulu tran and pretty much all teams that rely on bulky grass as gren check. Obviously pex is walling this gren set so I decided to try to cover that along with a few other threats proceeding. So I went mzam because it loves spikes, pressures pex, and likes gren killing stuff like bulu,sciz,celesteela etc. Next I added SD gliscor and Firium Heatran together because gliscor would act as second tran switch along with loving spikes and appreciates grens and trans ability to pressure bulkier grasses and steels and of course switches into pex for free (after orb) and sets up. Heatran is rocker and between Heatran, Gliscor, and Bulu most bulkier teams like stalls can’t keep up and the 128 spdf is for tanking one hit from sg mage which is definitely an issue but with modest it still hits harder then timid tran so you’re still doing your job as a wall breaker. Next up I added bulu because it seemed like the best option giving a dark resist water resist and of course the ash gren, lele, zam check. It also appreciates the team pressuring Heatran. And lastly we have Torn t for Defog u turning stuff like Heatran into bulky steels and as a kart and bulu check. Overall the team performs well and some threats the team has like gliscor may get overwhelmed by more offensive teams but you have spikes + prot gren and mzam which those teams really can’t handle and it overall just synergies very well.

Team B by Finchinator

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Recover

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Def / 248 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Bulldoze
- Power Whip

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 12 SpA / 148 SpD / 4 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Flamethrower

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 120 Def / 108 SpD / 32 Spe
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Toxic
- Recover
- Haze

EVs: 24 HP / 232 Atk / 56 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Defog
- U-turn

Greninja (M) @ Expert Belt
EVs: 40 Atk / 216 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Spikes
- U-turn

Sample team and my week 1 of SPL team vs Talah. It's a nice balance with Protean Greninja. It picks apart opposing balances and bulky-offenses pretty well. It has a couple interesting sets to take advantage of metagame trends and common threats to my defensive scheme, but nothing too insane.

Team C by Slave Of Passion

Note: I run curse on Scizor for added resilience against cheese, but SD is perhaps a better option now that Zyg is gone.
Note 2: I'm not a hazard stacker, but you can run spikes over gunk shot in Gren.
Note 3: Jolly Hoopa is pussy.

Terrakion @ Rockium Z
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance

Scizor-Mega (M) @ Scizorite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Curse
- Roost

Gastrodon (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover

Shiny: Yes
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Taunt
- Defog

Greninja (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 104 SpA / 152 Spe
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Rock Slide
- Gunk Shot

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Band
Ability: Magician
Adamant Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Gunk Shot
- Fire Punch
- Drain Punch

I have been working on this team since I was a noob (I still am lol) and it has proven to be timelessly solid. I wanted to build a team around SD Terrakion, who is an underrated threat in OU; with perfect and extremely potent STAB coverage, good speed tier and the ability to set up rocks while scaring out common defoggers, this mon deserved some love.
Mega Scizor is the perfect soulmate for Terrakion because it lures all kinds of birds and fire types for the bull to abuse and can also take on the ground and psychic types. Gastro forms an excellent defensive core with Scizor as it can basically switch in on everything Scizor hates and offers a dead end to those annoying electric types. Torn is my means of hazard control and my Medi switch in. It also offers a needed ground inmunity and more u-turn support. Hoopa is here cuz a team without Hoopa is not a team of mine. Banded Hoopa is here to compensate the set-up reliance of Terrakion when it comes to break, this improves my stall match-up a lot.
Now, Gren is an essential glue for the team, it is the ultimate revenge killer as our host said; it takes care of several set-up sweepers that can overwhelm my defensive core, like Gyarados or Volcarona. Gren also gives me more momentum and coverage that lets me soft potential counters to Terrakion and Hoopa.
(Crucial info: 252 Atk Protean Greninja Rock Slide vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gyarados: 240-284 (72.5 - 85.8%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock)

Team D by Egor

Greninja @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Taunt
- Ice Beam

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb

Thundurus-Therian @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Nasty Plot

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Magearna @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Soul-Heart
Timid Nature
- Shift Gear
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Substitute
Just some HO cheese featuring Protean Greninja as a part of its lead core alongside Excadrill:psysly:. I decided to add Thundurus-T as my first breaker, then I added Specs Lele to pressure the likes of Amoonguss and M-Venusaur. Magearna appreciates mons like Ferrothorn and Amoonguss being smashed by my breakers. The last mon is M-Gyarados, which improves my stall matchup and can punish Ash-Greninja's transformation thanks to its typing after Mega.

Team E by RequinBleu

EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Spikes
- Hydro Pump
- Gunk Shot
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 184 HP / 200 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Thunder Punch

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 196 SpD / 64 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Protect

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 180 SpD / 80 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Earth Power

EVs: 240 HP / 72 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Defog

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp
It's a classic bulky offense around of Greninja Spikes & SD Mega-Mawile.
I choose to start with this set of Greninja because it's very easy to stack Spikes angainst Tapu Fini, HP Fire is useful for prevent the hazard stacking of Ferrothorn. SD Mega-Mawile is the set up Sweeper of this team and TPunch is necessary for break Toxapex. Also, this SpD Heatran can trap Toxapex and switch-in. Landorus-T Scarf and Rotom-W form a volturn core for help Greninja to stack Spikes and Mawile to set up SD. I choose Tapu Bulu for check AshGreninja and Tapu Koko without be passif.

Team F by Sickist

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Kartana @ Grassium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike

Heatran @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 176 Atk / 80 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
- Rock Slide

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Recover
- Toxic

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Taunt
- Defog
Bulu+Kart+Tran is stupid broken, so I decided to build around that. I added scarf protean Greninja (obviously) to add speed control and because I had to. Gastro+Torn are the last 2 slots of the build to help with Ash Greninja, Kartana, Heatran, and stopping electrics from going ham on my team. Basically, Greninja and Bulu soften up the opposing team so Kartana can finish up with a basically unresisted Bloom Doom (literally Tornadus dies to an unboosted Bloom Doom in grassy terrain. Heatran is the MMawile, Zam, Magearna, Latias, Zard Y, Volcarona, etc, check on the team, and is also the rocker. Gastro provides an Ash Greninja and Heatran answer, and Tornadus gives the team a little more speed, as well a Kartana answer and a defogger.

Team G by c kai

Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Gunk Shot
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Spikes

Tapu Koko @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Grass Knot
- U-turn

Heatran @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Fire Fang
- Thunder Punch
- Sucker Punch

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 152 SpD / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Defog
- Roost
- Toxic
I picked the classic specially based protean set with Waterium Z, because first of all Z Hydro has the potential to OHKO some of the most used mons (SpDef Heatran, Tornadus-T/Zapdos after rocks…), and paired with HP Fire/Gunk Shot it helps weakening the bulkier grass types to clear out the way for Tapu Koko. I spammed this offensive core and I really liked it that’s why I decided to build around it. Though scarf Koko isn’t something I was used to, I needed speed control so I figured I’d try it out. It worked quite nicely especially since this team is so weak to rain, like Swampert could legit 6-0 if Tangrowth was weakened and so far no one scouted for the grass knot. Heatran is the stealth rocker on the team, helps to get rid of some annoying passive mons, i mean nothing really to explain here everyone knows what is this don is capable of. Next, Tangrowth otherwise Ash-Gren goes brazy, necessary to knock off items and pivot around. Then I wanted a strong physical attacker, Mawile is more than enough power, it also gives access to a priority move plus Thunder Punch under electric terrain is a really fun tech to use. Finally, I needed some hazards removal, honestly I wasn’t a big fan of Defog Gliscor it somehow managed to work out, also gives 2 more immunities to the team and helps versus Ice Beam less AV Magearna.

Team H by BlameTheBlax

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Greninja @ Waterium Z
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Extrasensory
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Spikes

Heatran @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

EVs: 244 Atk / 68 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Defog

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute
- Glare

EVs: 24 HP / 248 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Substitute
So I started off with a core of Lele+Gren, Tapu Lele blocking priority and in general hitting everything hard while Protean Greninja can either clean in the late game or break for the rest of the team. I added Heatran, which allows me some hazard stacking and in general is a great defensive option. Scarf Lando, I could say more but you all know what this mon does. Serperior acts as a way to deter Defogging (the evasion boost has won more games than I care to admit), as well as some speed control and a potential sweeper. Lastly, I threw in Gyarados, since it's just a nice setup sweeper that can tear holes through a team. A little Lucha weak, I'll admit, but played aggressively I've never had an issue with it.

I vote team b from bitchinator
when'll voting end?
right now, apologies for the delay. it's been a busy week :(

congratulations to Egor for winning with their team!!
a:
b: •••
c:
d: •••••••••
e:
f: •
g:
h:

:Round 46:
Kommo-o

With a plethora of sets, Kommo-o finds its place on a wide array of offensive teams and even some stalls as a unique yet effective pick. Happy building around the clanger!​

Basically, I started with Kommo-o, as it is the subject for this week. Went for a wallbreaker set that Ive used a couple times, utilizing Taunt, It's Z move, and its good mixed coverage. Next, I added Spdef Heatran to deal with Psychics and Fairies, as well as providing rocks. Tornadus is the Defogger on the team and the main Kartana and Landorus answer. AV Magearna forms a nice Voltturn core with Tornadus, forming the backbone of the team. It also reliably checks most Greninja (including Ash), as well as other Magearna. Gliscor is another Landorus answer, the main Heatran Answer, (If orb is activated) a Toxapex answer, and another Wallbreaker. Greninja is the last member of the team, and it's our speed control for the team, reliably revenge killing threats like Volcarona and Kartana.

Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hail
- Aurora Veil
- Safeguard
- Freeze-Dry

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Bulk Up
- Facade

Landorus-Therian @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Swords Dance

Greninja @ Groundium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dig
- Spikes
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Knock Off

Kommo-o @ Salac Berry
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 52 HP / 204 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Substitute
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Punch

I wanted to build around bulk-up conkeldurr, which is busted when paired with ninetales. Naturally, landorus accompanies almost all hyper offense teams, and instead of spikes greninja, I went with Z-Dig to get rid of magearna (also just because i didn't have a z-move user anyway). Scizor appreciates heatran and toxapex gone as well as conkeldurr eating burns and smashing steels, which made him the next addition.

Kommo-o fit perfectly onto the team from there, as he can setup on ferrothorn, celesteela, toxapex (make sure they don't instantly haze you tho), and rotom, who can give scizor or conkeldurr problems. Also, I needed something to prevent the ash-gren 6-0.

Kommo-o really shaped up to be the star of the team, as it makes it very easy for kommo-o to sweep. I often find myself setting up with scizor despite an opponent's rotom, heatran, etc, and then sacrificing him for kommo-o's safe entry and game-winning sweep.

edit: fixed sprites

Last edited:

I wanted to build around the Weakness Policy Kommo-O set so I figured I’d go with a Dual Screens HO. Landorus-T and Gren for hazards and Koko to set up screens. Even behind screens Kommo-o gets smashed by fairy moves that’s why I paired it with the second sweeper being Magearna. Kommo-O + Mag are both walled against Pex, Celesteela, M-Venu that’s why I decided to complete the team with Mewnium-Z + Fire Blast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)